Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Sandy: Itís great that your DGD is doing better! Whooo 109.2 is pretty harsh! Weíve got the heat and air quality advisories out today, our high is 98 but with over 80 percent humidity. There were some terrible thunderstorms that raged through the area last night, bits of trees all over the place today. The storms only amped up the humidity unfortunately. And itís to be like this all weekend. Iím hoping next weekend is better because one of my cousins is getting married outdoors on the 7th.

Debby: Wow that sounds like it must have been an interesting visit. I havenít looked into seeing other health professionals other than my family doctor. Where you having problems that your family doctor wasnít addressing? Or were you just interested in the information that the naturopath could provide?

Iíve been bouncing around the same two pounds this past week. Iím still holding to my 50 pound loss but now that Iíve got here I seem to be in a holding pattern. I have lost almost 25 pounds in the last three months so maybe my body is just taking a little break right now. Iím not going to worry about it as long as it doesnít last more than three weeks. I bought a new dress to wear to my cousins wedding next weekend, a cute little bright blue number with cutouts and embroidery on the bottom. Iím very excited to wear it, now I just need to find some shoes that go with it and maybe some jewelry. Iím leaving work early today since Iíve put in so many extra hours already this week so Iím thinking I may do some shopping and then hit the gym for a little cardio time before my BF gets home. Weíre making steaks on the grill tonight, yum!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post
Debby: Wow that sounds like it must have been an interesting visit. I havenít looked into seeing other health professionals other than my family doctor. Where you having problems that your family doctor wasnít addressing? Or were you just interested in the information that the naturopath could provide?

Iíve been bouncing around the same two pounds this past week. Iím still holding to my 50 pound loss but now that Iíve got here I seem to be in a holding pattern. I have lost almost 25 pounds in the last three months so maybe my body is just taking a little break right now. Iím not going to worry about it as long as it doesnít last more than three weeks. I bought a new dress to wear to my cousins wedding next weekend, a cute little bright blue number with cutouts and embroidery on the bottom. Iím very excited to wear it, now I just need to find some shoes that go with it and maybe some jewelry. Iím leaving work early today since Iíve put in so many extra hours already this week so Iím thinking I may do some shopping and then hit the gym for a little cardio time before my BF gets home. Weíre making steaks on the grill tonight, yum!
Hi Jess,
I go to a clinic, and the Dr I have seen has not been testing all my thyroid levels. He ended up taking me off synthroid when the coconut oil did such a good job of my levels... and maybe the gluten-free diet. Before getting my TSH level checked again, we thought it would be good to get a natropath advise. I'd much rather go natural, and possibly be healed, then just mask the problem with drugs. I did feel a little dumb going, since my symptoms of hypothyroid have pretty much cleared up.
It was very interesting! And to know where the problem is "coming from" is the best... the dr just looked at the thyroid. She found the adrenals & liver are the problem, and is going to treat me for such. Also after I have my TSH tested again, if its up, she will put me on natural dissicated thyroid, and watch the other T's & treat them if they are causing the problem. I go in for my blood test this morning, so next week I'll find out.
Good thing this morning, I took the new stuff she gave me & I didn't mind the taste! She was worried I wouldn't be able to chew it... Ha!
Sure am missing my Iso-Whey!!! Anybody know of a protein powder made without dairy or soy?? Think I'm asking the impossible... off to buy almond & coconut milk.
Have a great "slimming" day everyone!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I found some egg white protein powder at my health food store. This brand is Jay Robb. Not sure if you can have egg products but I'm planning on using this in my recipes.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Sandy, great news on DGD. Hope she continues to get better day by day.

Still very busy around here, several jobs hit right together, which is great but causes me to have to work harder

Love all our newbies and reading about your WOE tweaks and results.

Debby, your testing sounds very interesting and I am anxious to see what results you have. I certainly agree with you on healing rather than covering up with drugs, and more drugs, etc. The trick is finding a place or person who does what you had done and is competent.

I once again have a UTI. I am going to make an appt. for sure now with a urologist to try to find out whey this keeps coming back, over and over. In the meantime, I need to run up to my pharmacy and get the meds the Dr. called in.

DH should be back from one job tonight, then leaves Sunday for another, this one coming up is in Houston, the heat will really be bad there plus the humidity. After that, we will see the light at the end of the tunnel and this rush will soon be over for him.

Carolyn, all your painting and cleaning sounds like the house was in a beautiful condition for your new pastor and family to move into. What a great welcome to them.

The roofing supplies for our new roof are here, but alas, it is too hot for them to work right now, too hard on the guys and too hard on the materials to work in this heat. Thank heavens we don't have any leaks right now so can wait but I am not sure when they think it will be cooler here in Dallas? Sept.?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmh1007
Stats: 206/164/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hello all. I'm settling in to having a few more carbs and less protein. Lowering my protein level has been harder than I anticipated. We eat venison instead of beef and it has loads. I feel better this week. I haven't weighed myself because of my scale meltdown last week. I am only weighing on Wednesdays now but my clothes feel better and I feel better so I think it's going ok. It's too hot to get dog walks in the afternoon so the dog keeps giving me the stink eye. Hopefully I can get her out first thing in the morning, although this morning it was already hot when I came to work. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? We have a bbq/birthday party to attend tomorrow evening. Sunday I am going to get my spare bedroom/hobby room/reading room done finally.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I'm a Christian too and Baptist to top it off which means almost everything we do as far as fellowshipping goes is around food. I too have had some sticky situations and felt awkward and selfish. It is embarrassing and I don't mean to draw attention to myself or hurt people but I know if I ate off plan I would be miserable.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
It's over 110 in Arizona! I jog at 5 a.m. to avoid most of the heat.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I'm a Christian too and Baptist to top it off which means almost everything we do as far as fellowshipping goes is around food. I too have had some sticky situations and felt awkward and selfish. It is embarrassing and I don't mean to draw attention to myself or hurt people but I know if I ate off plan I would be miserable.
LOL @ Baptist on top of it! Yep!
When I go to the potlucks & soup luncheons I carry my lunch with me, and before this latest "verdict" was able to enjoy the coffee... I get funny looks, but its easier at those then if someone invited me to their home for dinner (that's hard)! Some meals, there is nothing edible in the whole meal! Needless to say, we don't get invited out much.

I looked for protein powder without whey or soy... saw some vegan stuff, but I couldn't tell what its base was... guessing rice (which I can't have). I could have egg whites, I will have to look for that. Thanks Shal !

I bought some creamers... Gross!!! But the Almond milk is pretty good, just not good enough for the coffee. I have a headache from trying to cut out back on coffee.... gave up... it will have to wait. (till maybe never)?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #249
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Gosh..Great posting today..

Yup, I'm a Baptist and I think food is part of the doctrine..LOL..and lots of it..
I think I have crossed the line from feeling guilty if I don't eat it..and am not afraid of potlucks anymore..LOL..Doing a Bible Study for women this summer and no food is involved and it is bring your own coffee/water..LOL..

Buffy, Buffy..You do need to get those UTI's under control..Praying that you will
get a good diagnosis...

Well, finally my dd's doctor sent her a referral for the endo at KU..

Old 06-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #250

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Well I'm a Catholic and we have no shortage of food at our get togethers either. I can definitely be a victim of "church chubby" if I'm not very careful. And of course rarely does anybody bring a giant platter of meat to a pot luck! Lolol.

Carolyn, Oh good about Beth. I hope they can see her and get her fixed up right away. I'll be very interested to hear how she likes him/her.

We have our church directory photo session today. I hate those but it is nice to get a new pic once in a while. Then the rest of the day we're just going to focus on staying as cool as possible.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #251
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Sorry I've been MIA!
It's been crazy!

Trying to skim the threads and landed on Debby's!

Debby - I'm lactose intollerant and have been finding substitutions for years.
Can you have tofu?
There are some great cheeses - Daiya is a popular one, but I like Veggie Shreds.
There's soy protein powder, and I love coconut milk!
I can have eggs and rice flour so I haven't checked for those, but with all the gluten-free stuff out there, someone must be experimenting!

I'm dealing with IBS issues, and am trying to calm things down over here too.
I hate to give up my precious coffee, but it's really a trigger.
All the IBS stuff says herbal tea, but I haven't found one that makes me as happy as coffee yet . . . chai maybe?

Anyway, miss you all, and I hope to be a better "friend" soon!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

įį◊įį
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #252

Hi ladies..

New month..tomorrow..Anyone got a name? Help..

MK: Oh dear on your IBS..Have you tried that fake coffee? Tecchino? It is not bad..and it might make you a little happy.

Debby: Did you mention egg white protein powder? Gosh, it is horrible to have to avoid
most foods..

Yup, our Catholic friends love their food, too..There is a great Mexican family in town who caters out to their church a lot..What would get me is that people take 3 or 4 desserts after having a big dinner. LOL..

Hot again here..Got some fresh veggies from my gardening friends..I am going to make a sour cream and cuke salad for tomorrow night..Got to check on a good recipe.

I was 151.8 this morning, but afraid to take it for the month...Might go with 152, which would make a one pound loss...Chisel, chisel, chisel.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Hot in Dallas, hot everywhere right now I think.

Gals, if you want something to say when offered food you can't or don't want to eat, just say I'm pre-diabetic. People never question that, or rarely don't and to be honest, everyone is pre-diabetic unless they truly are diabetic.

Going to Magic Mike with a bunch of gal pals tonight, we are going to a dinner show so have to decide if I want my movie fave, popcorn, or order off the menu.

Love all the new people on the thread, keeps it interesting having all the new personalities and ideas. Welcoem, welcome, welcome!

MK, sorry to hear about your IBS giving you trouble.

I do have yet another UTI, got to call and get into a urologist to get to the bottom of this, pun intended!

You can always be the one to take meat to a gathering but better save some back for yourself b/c I guarantee it will be gone in a flash, especially if men are around.

JMH, is someone in your family a hunter or do you just prefer venison? If I remember correctly, it is a very lean meat, right?

Kind of got caught up on my office work yesterday although it never is "done", which is a good think I guess. When it is all done it means we have totally retired. Some days that sounds good but other days when I feel good I prefer the way it is now, we aren't usually too busy but still have a little business coming in. Worry about DH in the heat but he is doing ok during these last few jobs, keep preaching to him to go slow, drink, drink, drink fluids and rest when he needs to. Sending him and the guy who helps us off to Houston tomorrow for a job there which will take most of next week.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #254

..Just some thoughts on our July name..

Sizzling Slimmers.....Firecracker Challenge...Blasting the Fat Off Challenge...

Any other names will be welcome..

Yes, Buffy..you do need to see urologist..That will be a really fun appointment, I'm sure..but necessary..Let us know if you like Magic Mike..I'm waiting for SpiderMan to come here..
Old 06-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #255
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Me on a roller coaster >
Old 06-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #256

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I vote for Sizzling Slimmers. Love it!!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmh1007
Stats: 206/164/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
"JMH, is someone in your family a hunter or do you just prefer venison? If I remember correctly, it is a very lean meat, right? "

Yes, everyone in my family are hunters, except me. We use venison in place of beef for almost everything. My husband's grandfather was a butcher and taught them to process their own meat. I like that we know exactly where our food came from and that there are no additives. It is a very lean meat.

We have a large garden and we are struggling to keep it watered so we don't lose everything. We have been picking green beans like crazy and I will need to can soon.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sammi4man
Stats: 223/212.5/150
WOE: lower carb, w/fruit and veggies
Start Date: 7/15/12
Hi Carolynn

I'm new here trying to learn how to use everything, but I just joined and I've been low-carbing now for about 6 weeks, I've lost 10 pounds, but still at 212.5 pounds, I'm going to need all the help I can get I have a goal of 160 and hope to obtain that by next summer.

I love learning low carb cooking and baking, and I love this site for all the recipes
Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sammi4man
Stats: 223/212.5/150
WOE: lower carb, w/fruit and veggies
Start Date: 7/15/12
Carolyn I have done the same in the last 6 weeks as you suggest, I've cut out sugar, white starches (pot. rice, breads etc.)

I really feel I eat more with LC. I eat a feel satisfied on LC.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #260
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Come to our new August thread Sammi!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Well I'm a Catholic and we have no shortage of food at our get togethers either. I can definitely be a victim of "church chubby" if I'm not very careful. And of course rarely does anybody bring a giant platter of meat to a pot luck! Lolol.

Carolyn, Oh good about Beth. I hope they can see her and get her fixed up right away. I'll be very interested to hear how she likes him/her.

We have our church directory photo session today. I hate those but it is nice to get a new pic once in a while. Then the rest of the day we're just going to focus on staying as cool as possible.
Yes People need to be reminded of the story of Daniel and the importance of fasting.
Closed Thread