Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Oh..Jodi Picoult's books are a bit on the strange side..but hold your interest, I think.

Happy 44th Sandy..You guys were babies when you tied the knot, weren't you?

Did my Slow Burn at exercise..My muscles were shaking..I think twice a week is enough we decided..

Going to go paint at the parsonage this afternoon..I hope someone else comes over to help..I'm a company kind of person..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Sandy happy 44th to you and your dh!

I thought A Walk In The Woods was so funny.

I hope you get some help at the parsonage, Carolyn. Painting is so much nicer with at least 1 other person.
I'll have to find out about the Slow Burn. Sounds intense.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #183

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Yep, we were just wee ones when we tied the knot, lol.

I've been laughing during reading this book too. I didn't realize it was supposed to be so amusing but I'm liking it so far.

I need to check out that Slow Burn. I've been up since 4:30! I took my pooch on an early morning jaunt, then ran to the grocery. After I went to take my dad to the local farmer's market and then breakfast. I also stopped and had him tour the local community center. I hope I can talk him into trying it especially this fall when he can't be outside so much. There were lots of peeps his age there so he knows he'd fit right in.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #184

Hi ladies..

Done painting for the day..Tonight dh can go over and I can watch So You Think You Can Dance..LOL...There were several people there..which was nice.

Sandy: I am sure your dad would love the community center..Let's pray he decides to join..
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #185
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Congrats Sandy!! What were you, like 6, when you got married??
Old 06-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #186

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Actually only 4 Cindy! Straight out of pre-school, lolol.

Yes, Carolyn, That's what I'm praying for. I actually think he might do it, come fall.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning

Nothing exciting here to report except that I am having chicken livers today, I love chicken livers, will fry them in a little butter.

DH on his way to a job and having truck problems, stops at each dealership along the way, they declare it fixed, only for it to act up again as soon as he gets back on the road. Got my fingers crossed they can figure out what is really wrong.

Our Dallas heat is starting in full force, well, not full force but pretty hot each day. July and August will be the worst.

The only part of painting I like is the rolling on of the nice big flat areas, hate the prep work and the detail work. but, love the nice clean look and smell when done.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Congrats Sandy! 44 years is pretty amazing.

Iím loving the Slow Burn style of weight lifting, I just went again last night. I started about 2 months ago and Iím now at the point where Iím increasing my weight amounts. It really is an intense work out. I like the shaky twitchy feeling my muscles get. I find I need about 5 days between work outs right now.

I broke the 50 pound mark yesterday! And this morning I was down another Ĺ pound. Which really surprised me because I almost always gain weight after exercising. I decided to get myself a non-food treat for losing the first 50. I had originally thought I would get a few pieces of new clothing after the first 50 but Iím still the same dress size and I refuse to buy any more clothing in this size. Iím not even that close to fitting in the next size down yet, I think Iíll need to get below 300 for that to happen. So I decided to get a fitbit fitness tracker. It tracks steps, and stairs, and how effective your sleep is. Iím hoping it will be a good motivator to move around a bit more during the day. Iím good at going to the gym to lift weights but I think I could stand to move more on a daily basis.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Hello! I have been drifting around the lowcarb discussion boards, trying to adjust my eating plan to what works. I have been reading about EFGT and thought I would hang out with some of you here for a while. I learn so much from reading about real people's experiences. I would have no troubles eating enough fat, lol, but keeping protein down might be rough for me. I am good at limiting carbs... I already know I cannot tolerate anything wheat or sugar . :-) . I will check in and "listen" in , if that is ok with you!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Love that little hummingbird in your avi!
I listen, too. Much to be learned for me. <-- sounded a little bit like Yoda...

I'm still adjusting. I probably lost a lot of water weight when I started, and I have decided I was so satisfied eating a lot of fat in the morning and tapering off during the rest of the day. New to me - I always thought the afternoons/evenings were big snack times for me. But getting satisfied with food and fat in the morning I think works better for me.

It's all an adjustment. Thank goodness there are so many creative cooks out there willing to share their recipes and menus. They have really paved the way for many of us.

Buffy - I'm with you on the July and August temps. Not looking forward to that. And I hope your husband's truck gets properly diagnosed. What a pain and a little worrisome in the heat...

Jess HOORAY! Give us a good review of your new toy.

Last edited by JMCM1; 06-21-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Old 06-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #191

Hi everyone..

We had rain..People were happy.. Now it is a bit sultry.

Jess: Good for you on the Slow Burn..I told my gym lady that we could do it on Mondays and Thursdays or Fridays..It is amazing how shaky you are from not having your heart beat a million miles an hour..LOL..Good for you on the weight, too...

Ebeads: Welcome..yup, too much protein turns in to carbs..Not good..I think
many "Atkins" peeps are finally realizing that. They stressed this on the LC cruise..Of course, everyone is different as we all have different body compositions/age/exercise levels, etc..

Buffy: I hate that when "trucks go bad"..especially on the road. Could it be bad gas? or a faulty fuel pump? Those are my two not so pleasant experiences with our truck..

Ate out at the Mexican place with friends..Didn't finish my lunch..That is a good thing..

Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome newbies, hang out with us!

Truck finally fixed and all is well. Took the 3rd dealership to have someone who realized right away what the problem was, and fix it. That was in ranch country and he had lots of experience with ranchers around there who had the same truck with the same problem.
Guys should be back home tonight if all goes well on the job today.

Can't believe another week has flown by. Need to do office work today.

My CABI order of clothing sold at my party came in last night, so tomorrow I will be out delivering everyone's orders.

Everyone is doing great on their exercising, cept lazy me.

Jess, congrats on the 50 lbs, that is a major feat!

JMCM, where in OK are you, yes, you get the same heat we do plus more storms I think.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #193

Hi gals..

Glad the truck is fixed..I hate it when cars are broken..

Exercised..went to Wallie..got some new lampshades for the parsonage for the ceiling fan.Men don't notice that there was only one lampshade in the fixture...I could barely look at it..I'll have Gary put them up tonight..

Beth is still trying to get a referral from her doctor to see an endo..I asked her which doctor..Grumble, grumble..

Brett and Rachel have another wedding to go to tomorrow..She loves those weddings..I wonder how many bouquets she has caught? LOL..

My new deal is only eating within an 8 hour window. So, I had breakfast at 8:30, so I will have dinner at 5 or 5:30. Then NOTHING until morning..I'll find the post for you I found from Jonny Bowden..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #194

Here it is..Interesting..

Jonny B.'s article on 14 hour fasting..interesting..
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy I'm in Tulsa. I've worked a lot in Texas over my lifetime and certainly have lots of friends there. I get a little tired of the "heat advisories" and the hysteria that has developed over the weather. It's summer and it's hot. Yep.

Carolyn that article was interesting and as I posted on the other thread, I think I will try it. As long as I can drink coffee, I'm really not interested in food until around 10 or 11AM. We are usually having dinner by 6:30 or 7PM anyway, so it should fit if I make it fit.

Edited to add: Oh boy on the CABI clothes! I went to a CABI party and was not happy enough with my weight to order anything. I think I will be happy to have a few of those cute clothes in a couple of months or so!

Last edited by JMCM1; 06-22-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #196

Hmmm..I guess I could have coffee first thing..go exercise, then keep a Quest bar in my car and have it with my second cup of coffee (McD's or coffee shop) and call it breakfast..
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Re: Quest bars.
I checked them out on Netrition - that's a lot of fiber!
Sometimes that is too hard on my gut, but it does look like a reasonable thing otherwise. I guess it tastes ok?

Maybe a stupid question - I realize it's all relative and it won't be a Reese's cup. But I wouldn't mind trying it for a "meal" within my 8-hour window.

I'm driving them up to Independence if I hate them, though!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #198

Judy...Would love to see you..I like the natural ones..the peanut butter and chocolate..
I like that they don't have sugar alcohols and they taste pretty good..Just buy one and see if you like them... I had one for dinner last night..This morning, it was my breakfast with coffee..
Old 06-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

I think it's a good idea, and great to have on-hand.
I will try them, thanks.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning

Interesting article Carolyn, I sent it on to my girls and DGD. When I was young and the kids were little, I would sometimes diet by just eating breakfast and lunch, then nothing until the next morning. worked pretty good but I was hungry at night.

Truck is running fine, they got that job finished and are back home.

JMCM, we need a name to call you by, JMCM is hard to type, LOL. And I hear you on getting tired of the heat advisories, yep, we know, it is hard, the smog is bad, if we are out very long we will get burned, and, our AC bill is through the roof, summertime in the south!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #201

Hi gals..

I think I managed to get all my food in in 8 hours.. We worked at the parsonage painting all day long. Imagine your house and someone comes in and paints everything..Walls, baseboard, doors, kitchen cabinets, cupboards and shelves, closets, etc..That is us.. We are almost done..just some doors to do and one icky cupboard under the laundry sink..

Hope you all had a nice day..Hot here..
Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Hi there,

I have gotten all my food in 8 hours for 2 days - lost 1/2 pound each day. Now I am back to the original weight lost in 2 weeks. This is the last day of my third week using EFGT, low carb, eliminating wheat, etc. so I am fine and actually happy with this. Mostly happy with simply not being hungry. Down 6-1/2 pounds.

Carolyn that parsonage sounds like it will be a very welcoming place and so near finished.

Buffy, I think I finally "got it" and added my name to a signature. Glad you said something!

Happy Sunday to all.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning

Hi Judy

Oh Carolyn, I would love to imagine someone coming in and painting my entire house!!! I did have it all repainted several years ago and most of it is still fine but the ceilings could use a new coat of paint and a few touchups here and there would be good. And, I keep thinking I wouldn't mind having my kitchen cupboards painted, they are the original wood finish which does match all the woodwork in the entire house but it would sure lighten up the kitchen. But, like most men, DH is totally against painting the cabinets so I don't even bring it up anymore. Was at a friend's house yesterday and she was showing me her new granite coutertops and she has cream colored cabinets, they looks so nice.

Used to live in this old farm house and every 3 years or so, would slap on new paint on the kitchen cupboards and new wallpaper and curtains, always fun to have a "new" kitchen look, course I had more energy then as well

Kohl's had their mattress foam pads on sale yesterday and I had the 30% off coupon so I got the 3 inch topper, hope we like it. Washing sheets right now so I can get DH to help me flip the mattress and put on the new topper.

DH and I shared a beautiful ribeye last night for dinner, oh, so good!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #204

Hi gang..

Lots of work being done..Now, I look around my house and some rooms probably need some painting, too..LOL...We need to re-stain our deck this year, so that will be a big project. Dh will take a day off for that..

Judy: Hurray for you....Not being hungry is a big thing for me. Cuz if I am hungry, I want to eat..
Old 06-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Buffy: I hope you like your new mattress topper. I love the one my BF and I have. We got a new mattress last year and while it felt great in the show room we found it a little too firm to sleep on all night. So we got a 2 inch mattress topper and itís just perfect. Itís surprising how that little bit of foam makes such a difference.

I must be one of those crazy people that just loves to paint, I even enjoy doing trim. When we moved into our townhouse I painted the entire place in three days all by myself. Two bedrooms, living room, kitchen, hallway and stairs and the downstairs bathroom. (The upstairs bath had tons of problems that I had to deal with later like mold and peeling paint) It had been necessary to paint before we moved in though. The last people that lived there had been really really heavy smokers, both cigarettes and pot, so the house just stank like crazy. Our landlord was very generous and replaced all the carpets and linoleum in the whole house but they said the walls would have to be my responsibility if I wanted to paint everything.

Carolyn: I made your cookie bars over the weekend and loved them so much I made a batch to eat for breakfast all week. I was so desperate for a break from eggs or cream cheese based foods for breakfast and these are perfect. Thanks for sharing the awesome recipe!

Judy: Wheat elimination is amazing for reducing appetite. There are days at work where I look at the clock and I release I worked through a meal without even noticing. Youíre doing great on the weight loss, keep it up
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Ready for another hot hot hot summer day in Dallas. Did I mention that I am going to Colorado for a couple of weeks in July, wow, that will be a welcome relief from this heat. Going to help out with little Bobby and Ava while there.

We slept on the new mattress topper last night and it felt great. Also got DH a memory foam pillow, I already had one but he had clung to his old pillow, and it needed to be replaced, hope he likes the memory foam as much as I do mine.

Jess, I am so interested in your wheat elimination, I have read enough to make a believer out of me, just haven't taken the giant step yet to eliminate it.

Wow girls, did you all read that Jess loves to paint??? What a wonderful addition to our little group, we could just take turns sending her from one home to the next. I love, love, love to watch HGTV and love how they paint some of the walls with a dark accent color but I would have to have help with that. The bravest I have been is my dining room where it is a darker shade below the chair rail than above, didn't take a genius to figure that one out. And, I used to have our master bedroom painted a light shade of pale pink, had a seaside theme and DH even loved it. He is one of those guys who loves and will even wear pink. And, he isn't a dainty kind of guy, LOL.

Office work and laundry today and figure out something for dinner. Maybe another steak, that was so tasty on the grill the other night.

Judy, passed your article about eating in 8 hours on to my girls, one of them is going to try it. I am terrible about snacking as I watch tv at night. Remote in one hand, snack in another with a big glass of water close by. At least it is water
Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Hello to all,

Buffy that article was Carolyn's. I just decided to jump on. I'm not sure if I can do it today. I could do it EVERY day if I didn't count a glass of milk that seems to be my happiest breakfast.

Jess do you really think it's the elimination of wheat that makes us not looking for the next bite of food? If so, I feel like we're all being hoodwinked! I have NEVER felt this way in my LIFE. I am not ever ever ever the person who "forgets" to eat - well, still not, but I am eating to make sure I have enough calories to make sure my body doesn't think it's starving. I made lots of changes at once, so it's difficult for me to know. Adding the fat happened at the same time as eliminating wheat. All good so far.

Each day I think I might add a few calories, but I am working (can't tell I post so frequently, I guess! ) but I am just treading water throwing food together that will be within guidelines. I'm very surprised at how I am having to juggle the lower protein to stay 60g or lower. I hit 60g of protein every day. I am almost always a little low on carbs.

We're going to the lake in a few days and I will probably get higher carb counts then. I lost another 1/2 pound said the scale this morning. I'm even at a point where I'm not so sure I care - I just love not being hungry but still having energy to do whatever I want.

If Carolyn would go back in time and stop posting so many helpful and/or delicious things I might get more work done! Honestly Carolyn you are so helpful and I am so grateful for all your posts through the years and really everyone's. This is a nice place to be. Thanks to all!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Judy: Personally I know that wheat elimination was the factor that reduced my appetite. I had been going it low carb for months before I eliminated the wheat completely, low carb wraps were my major crutch. But after months of low level break outs of hives I went on a mission to figure out my allergy. I really didnít want it to be allergic to wheat but we donít get a choice in those things. If we could I wouldnít be allergic to tomatoes or fluoride either. But just regular low carb hadnít been enough for me to really curb my appetite, I still wanted to snack a lot and eat bigger meals. I noticed the shift about two weeks after total wheat elimination. Increased appetite is also my first sign I was accidently exposed to wheat. It isnít always easy to go without wheat, but I find the benefits to outweigh the challenges. Especially since I weigh less now too!

I am finding it harder now to balance my calories. I do best if I eat 1600-1800 a day but sometimes Iím just not that hungry. I didnít realize it until yesterday but most of last week I barely ate 1000 calories each day, and it really stalled my weight loss. I planned out a little better this week so hopefully I wonít do that by accident again. I never once thought in my life I would struggle to eat enough calories.

Buffy: If you girls didnít all live almost 2,000 miles away I would love to have painting parties with you! I wish I could paint our house in all sorts of awesome colors, but we rent so that means everything is off-white. I have been working on some wall design ideas and if I ever get around to it Iíll post pictures. Iím great at the ideas, but my execution needs help sometimes.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #209

Hi ladies..

I loved that article..I am sharing the 8 hour window with everyone I meet...LOL..Of course, we can't stuff our faces for 8 hours straight, unfortunately..

Buffy: Wheat is like drugs..or rather wheat is a drug..according to Dr. Davis.
He said the best thing to eliminate is wheat in your diet..He said a candy
bar won't raise your blood sugar like wheat will.. Yikes..

Jess should have flown over to KS and helped us paint all week..LOL..Nothing too exciting. I think the doors are the last thing to be painted..tonight's project. Then I think someone is tackling the basement (which is a real basement, not a nice one)..

Judy: Thanks for the kind words..I love this board and these ladies..They are so nice and helpful, too...

Jess: Don't eat when you are not hungry unless it has been 5 hours..That is Dr. A's advice from years back. I think the least amount of calories is 1200..

Making a Cheeseburger Salad tonight..Cooked ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, pieces of bacon all mixed up with a mayo dressing..
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmh1007
Stats: 206/164/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hello

Hello all, I have spent the afternoon reading up on EFGT and I'm ready to adjust my eating a bit and join your club! I have been doing Atkins for a few weeks and I'm not going anywhere. I miss my vegetables and I want some fruit. I have been keeping my carbs around 20 and I'm not losing anything so I feel like I need to adjust. This seems to make more sense to me.

My name is Jane. I live just south of Kansas City and work at a hospital downtown. I'm on the Missouri side though. I have lost around 45 lbs in the last year using a combination of clean eating and lower carb/calorie. It's much harder now because I am officially in menopause now (finally!). That's really what pushed me to lower carb. Thanks for all the info!
Closed Thread