Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hi there, Debby!
I'm just getting acquainted too.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #122
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Cindy - I'm ordering the crackers!
What great numbers!
Thanks!

What bread did you eat?
Check out the Cinnamon crackers ones too. Two kinds of bread. Remember, I'm not LC but did eat the Julian Bakery 1 carb bread for a couple of years. Also their Wonderful Bread but as of current, eat a honey whole wheat from a local bakery, Great Harvest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
You look like you were very busy, MKay..

Yes, Cindy's crackers do look very good...
I use Everything crackers with a wedge or two of Laughing Cow cheese. One bag of those and a Mama Lupes tortilla a day is getting close to 30 grams but so are 2 packages of those crackers. The Fiber Gourmet pasta we use a lot too. I was totally shocked by how much it brought my cholesterol down and I can't say it was because of LC because I haven't been LC in a year to 18 months.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #123
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Cinnamon crackers??? Egads! I hope I can squeeze in some baking time this week . I am waiting anxiously for my low carb deep dish pizza to come out of the oven. It smells heavenly
Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Thanks for the welcome!
And thanks Sandy for directing me here. I wasn't looking in the right posts.

I re-adjusted my diet today, to try your percentages. Did pretty good too. I'm definitely not hungry, although I did miss my larger servings of oats & oat-bran. I'm excited to see what this change does.

Adding the coconut oil to my diet 6 weeks ago was amazing. It helped me to break a plateau & start losing wt. again. It also helped my thyroid... I was just recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, put on synthroid, and we were in process of getting the dose right. Meanwhile I've been researching, trying to "fix" it... and one week ago my Dr. decided to try this month with no meds, since we had to keep lowering the dose.

I've been wanting to find out more about the coconut oil diet, but there doesn't seem to be much else online besides a few early success stories. I'm very interested to hear more about Eat fat to get thin.

Have a great evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi there, Debby!
I'm just getting acquainted too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Welcome Debby! I'm glad you found your way over here. We're a super friendly bunch and we talk about lots of things here, not just food and diets.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang..

Debbie: My dh is in Vancouver/Prince Albert this week.. Hmmm..I think lots of us take thyroid meds..I think it will be interesting to see what your number is after a month with no meds. Does he test just TSH or T3 and T4 (which is the right way to do it)..

Basically, the coconut oil diet is replacing your oils with coconut oil..Too much of it will make you nauseous, and you can back off..

I made my flaxseed/protein muffins tonight for tomorrow..They are soooo easy and cheap and good.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #126
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:

We have relatives in Kansas City, too and love that area. Wonderful!
Me too!
My MIL and 3 SIL live in a KC suburb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I'm new to this thread. Curious as to how you are all doing?
Thanks!
Debby
Hi Debby!

Thanks Cindy!
Good to know the cinnamon ones are good too!

Do you need to start fiber slowly?
If you go from 0 to 30 will I have any problems?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Carolyn.
I am sorry to ask yet again.
Do you have a link to that recipe?
I think I like what you like.
Thank you,
Judy
- - - - -
Separate and apart from my latest wish for a recipe, I was remembering that beautiful park in Independence and how you have open-air concerts in the summer. It was a wonderful surprise for that town.

Last edited by JMCM1; 06-13-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gang..
Debbie: My dh is in Vancouver/Prince Albert this week.. Hmmm..I think lots of us take thyroid meds..I think it will be interesting to see what your number is after a month with no meds. Does he test just TSH or T3 and T4 (which is the right way to do it)..
Basically, the coconut oil diet is replacing your oils with coconut oil..Too much of it will make you nauseous, and you can back off..
Quote:
Hi Debby!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome.
Small world, hey Carolyn? My sister used to live in Kansas...
No, my Dr only tested the TSH. I go to a clinic, and the first dr checked all three, but went on a long vacation, so the one that put me on the meds took over & he doesn't check those numbers any more. I will go to see a naturopathic Dr if the next test shows I need meds again. I am however, feeling better all the time. My energy is coming back, and I have been able to lose wt. again.
When I started the coconut oil I started getting hyper symptoms, so the dr cut my dose in half. Then after 2 weeks he cut it off. I'll get my blood tested again in 3 weeks.
Adding the coconut oil was hard for me, at first, because I haven't eaten any fats for years. I had to go very slowly, or get nauseous, but I really love the taste of it now. Today I put a TBS of olive oil in my salad (because I read that it is very good for you too). I don't like the taste of it as well, but its probably better for salads.
Sorry, this got kinda long. Happy to be here.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Welcome Debby!

My meringue experiment turned out pretty well. I made strawberry ones and they are a little bit like eating cotton candy. But I need to make the flavoring stronger next time, I like a good punch of flavor in things. I think my next experiment will be with chocolate ones. Iíll need to make them pretty chocolaty though. Itís so humid where I live it took almost 24 hours for them to dry completely. I think if I make them smaller it might help. I like that they are so low in calories that I donít have to feel guilty about eating a dozen (or two) of them

Iím getting super close to losing my first 50 pounds. Iíve been checking the scale every few days now Iím so excited. Only 1.2 pounds left to the 50 mark, I may hit it this weekend!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #130
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Jess - that's awesome!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jess that IS exciting!
And I am hoping you'll let us know about your meringue experiment. I like a punch of flavor in things, too.

Debby it will be interesting to see how your thyroid tests turn out.

I just spent 30 minutes' worth of an email explaining to my DD how and why I think I've found "my" way of eating and then preaching about how she may feel so differently and so well without the wheat.
Ah, the veracity of the newly-converted....

We went out to eat at a nice restaurant last night for my first time since I started eating this way. I had the pistachio-crusted halibut swimming in cream and ate a little more than half of a very large portion. I was not really ravenous so I did not want any of the soups (didn't match our plan) and I didn't want a salad. I VERY much wanted the nice glass of wine I had!
It was my DS's birthday and he and his wife are going for their first ultrasound today!

I am down another 1/2 pound for a total of 5 pounds since June 4. I am hooked on NOT being hungry and NOT searching for the next thing to eat and NOT panicking about what I might eat next. I am 54 and this is the first time I've ever felt so sure this was the way to live.

But I read all of your posts a LOT before I really started. And I adjusted my percentages and then my calories. ****** really is a help, but I might look for other software - any suggestions?

Thank you to all of you. The things you all post are so helpful.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Jess that IS exciting!
And I am hoping you'll let us know about your meringue experiment. I like a punch of flavor in things, too.

Debby it will be interesting to see how your thyroid tests turn out.

But I read all of your posts a LOT before I really started. And I adjusted my percentages and then my calories. ****** really is a help, but I might look for other software - any suggestions?

Thank you to all of you. The things you all post are so helpful.
Thanks JMCM1,
I'm hoping it will stay the same as last test.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I might be willing to eventually actually pay for software to do what ****** is (slowly and sometimes with hiccups) doing for me now. I suppose I could use ******'s software - anybody know whether that is any good?

Judy
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Judy, My BF and I use fitbit. It's meant to work with their two products, the fitbit fitness tracker and the wifi scale. We have the scale at home, which makes it super easy to keep track of your weight. The scale sends your weight and BMI to the website after you weigh yourself so you never have to write things down and it's easy to go back and see what's happening. My BF has the tracker too which he likes a great deal. I've been thinking of getting one for myself at some point. But I find their website a little more smooth of a user experience then ****** even if it doesn't have quite as many features. It's free if you want to check it out.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #135

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Jess, wooohoooo on that first 50!~! That's awesome!

A wifi scale???? How cool is that. I use a program called weight commmander to track my weight for the last 5 years or so but I have to enter it manually every morning. Wifi would be cool!

I'm off to the pool this afternoon to spend the afternoon with my former pool buds. They all go to the local fitness center pool now, which I find way too $$, so they're taking pity on me today and coming to visit me, lol. We'll probably all talk non-stop for 4 hours!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I am glad I asked. I will give a look into those types of tracking software.

I love my pool friends too.
We go to the Y (includes my cute, funny 83-yr-old mother) and are as light as a feather and limber as can be -- while we are in the water!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #137

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang..

Wow..What a busy board..Hurray.. We love new peeps..

I'll find the link for that recipe..It is soooooo simple and good and basic.
When I started LCing 10 years ago, this was a go to muffin recipe.

I need some pool friends. My friends won't go to the public pool with me..and we have water slides, etc..and everything. I might have to go by myself and meet some new pool friends..

Jess: Great job on your 50 pound loss....That is terrific.

Debby: My brother started on coconut oil yesterday..Our mother had Alzheimers and he is worried about getting it...He is a Dr. Oz follower, never married and 60..He is a little paranoid about his health, but in a good way, sort of.

Judy: Yes, our park/zoo is really special. We have a mountain lion that someone found wandering around Tulsa a few months ago..LOL..I can't wait to see him..

Well, still vacuuming for Rachel..Almost done..now to clean off the coffee table with all the reading material that finds itself on there.

Flaxseed muffin link: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...heap-good.html

Last edited by CarolynF; 06-14-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's having things like these muffins on-hand that will allow me to continue with this way of life. When I did low-carb before, so many years ago, it was all eggs, salads and steak or chicken and nothing more. I don't think I lasted 2 days.

This is another way of living, I think, when you can still have a muffin in the morning or for a snack and get to a weight we like without feeling deprived.

Thanks so much for the link, Carolyn.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,

What percentages do you go by?

Carbs / Fat / Protein

Is there a post that gives guidelines?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #140

Here's two threads that outline the plan pretty well.

Eat Fat, Get Thin percentages and calories

Eat Fat Get Thin Facts & Info
Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #141
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
Cinnamon crackers??? Egads! I hope I can squeeze in some baking time this week . I am waiting anxiously for my low carb deep dish pizza to come out of the oven. It smells heavenly
Must post pic!!!

Quote:
Do you need to start fiber slowly?
If you go from 0 to 30 will I have any problems?
You know, it kinda depends on the fiber. I will say that I can eat the crackers, no problem but can't do more than 1/4 box of the Fiber Gourmet pasta. Experiment......when you are home alone!!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Sandy,

Is that the formula you use? Its extremely low on the carbs.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #143
dee
Senior LCF Member

Cindy: ooops too late lol. But it is the one where you whip the cream cheese and then add eggs and cheese to make the crust. You are supposed to cook the crust and then put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to cool off. It will make it a crispy crust. I've made it twice now and since I've made it in the evening after work there is NO time to even cool the crust let alone put it in the fridge. I think it would be more like pizza if I did though. I'll try and take a picture next time I make it.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #144
dee
Senior LCF Member

Cindy: where do we get the cinnamon crackers? I thought they were a recipe on here? I must have misinterpreted your comments. I suppose I could try and bake some.......sigh.

And I forgot to tell y'all that I was away on a trip for a few days and gained 7 lbs back. Yeah. I ate carbs. And drank. And had dessert. And I didn't track my meals. So I'm back at it again. Wish me a whoosh . I've learned my lesson. The hard way.....it's the only way I learn, I think lol.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #145
dee
Senior LCF Member

Darn it! I forgot to say congrats to Jess for almost getting her big 5-0 badge!! Cheers. I hope to join you soon.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Cindy...I would love to know more about the cinnamon crackers too.
Jess.....Congrats on the big 50 I can't wait to hear more about your meringue experiment.
dee...Here's wishing you a big whoosh!!
Hope everyone had a great day.
~Lisa
Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #147

Yes, Debby, I keep my carbs extremely low. When I'm following the plan to a T I follow those percentages pretty strictly and it always works extremely well for me.

If I remember correctly those crackers Cindy is talking about are high fiber but not really low carb. I could be wrong; I didn't go back and find her post, but I think that's what she and MK were talking about.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I lost another pound. I think I used up energy scouring these boards for your latest recipes with "real" food ! HA HA!

I had a false start last year when I began looking for recipes apart from eggs, cheese, salad and meat. I was very interested in KevinPa's recipes and bought all the wheat isolate thingamajigs, but too much fiber for me is too much. I actually never opened the bags.

There are better things with "real" ingredients and I still know they are treats - not to be eaten every day, but so good to know they exist and my family will probably like them, too.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Just time for a quick hello while DD#1 who is visiting is at lunch with DD#3. When she gets back we are going to take in a movie and then over to DD#3 for a cook out. Then she has to leave to drive back to NE in the morning, has been so wonderful having her here and wish she could stay longer but I do understand her having to get back to her family.

Warm to all our newcomers, so glad to have you here. As Sandy says, we are a friendly little group and quite chatty about not only food and diets but everything else, we love to have others join us.

Liking the lemonshine better and better in my dishwasher, will keep using it every load and when I get a new dishwasher all will be perfect again. My old one just isn't doing a very good job anymore.

Need to go make some coleslaw dressing for tonight and be ready to head to the movie when they get back.

Congrats on the weight losses to all of you who are doing such a good job with your WOE plans!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #150

Do you all remember back in January I told you that my brother who lost his wife 4 years ago was getting remarried? Well, sad news, she died yesterday!! She was in bad health for a long time, even before they married but I was hoping they would have longer than 6 months together. I'm just so sorry for him to go through this whole process again. Twice in less than 5 years. Please remember him in your prayers.
Closed Thread