Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Violeta
Hello, new here

Hi, I've been reading here for a couple of days and trying to get going on EFGT. I have some health issues related to candida/fungus and also related to uric acid, and I'm hoping that this diet will help with both problems and also provide good nutrition.

My brain started working a little better yesterday and I finally figured out my lean body mass and how much protein I should be eating. I have a very small frame and according to the formula for deciding how much protein to eat, my plan would only provide 800 calories per day. I don't know if I'll be hungry or not because I've been eating way more than that for the past two days, but is it safe to cut calories so low?

Thanks for having the percentages and other information right up front here, it really helps when you're getting started and your brain is fuzzy. I'm going to the bookstore today for look for his books.
Violeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Wow! Down 6 pounds this morning! I have to bring down my body fat but also try to gain body mass. Does anyone know if this plan helps to build lean body mass?
Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Welcome Violeta!

Wow 6 pounds is a lot to lose so fast! That 800 calories a day might be a little to low. I know you mentioned you have a small frame but most adults should get a minimum of 1,000- 1,200 calories a day on a diet to lose weight and maintain the health of our bodies.

Come join us over in this month's main thread, A-May-Zing Losers Challenge we're much more talkative over there
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Jess. I didn't think it was good to go that low.

That was a lot of weight to lose so quickly! The first day I was doing it I didn't keep good track of statistics, but the second day I had eaten 102 gr protein and I think 108 grams fat, the third day I tried to keep it to 800 calories, but went over at the end of the day. I haven't lost anymore since the 12th. Something must have been really wrong with my body.

I'm having a trouble digesting green leaf lettuce, and I googled that and saw that that's quite common. I might end up cutting my carbs even lower if I can't find any plant matter that is digestible.

The good news is I had a cup of decaf coffee this morning with some cream and it didn't bother me. I can take or leave coffee, but if it doesn't bother me it will be a good dessert type flavor. I'm going to get some stevia today.

Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Jess is right..800 is too low...Of course, it all depends on your weight, too. 1200 is a good
calorie amount to aim for as the minimum..

I'm sure your body is adjusting from that weight loss and will take time to get back into the weight loss mode.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Carolyn, yeah, I am dehydrated so I am trying to take in more water today, and even some oranges. Less salt, too. I had some cream in decaf yesterday and the day before, and yesterday I had some chocolate whipped cream sweetened with stevia. I woke up with a sick headache and gained two pounds! I'm off the dairy again for sure!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #7

Oh..so sorry about being allergic to dairy..but this is pretty common..
Old 05-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Yeah, it's a bummer! Heavy cream, butter and ice cream can really make any diet doable.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #9

How about coconut milk? Can you use that?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Yes, and I have some really nice coconut cream from Wilderness Family Naturals. I use it on and off. From now on I'll use that instead of dairy. You can make good ice cream and whipped cream, so really, there isn't any hardship except that dairy can taste a little better.