Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
A-May-Zing Losers Challenge

Figured I'd get the ball rolling! Happy May Everyone!

Sandy: I loved the May the force be with us too I'm a geek at heart and love Star Wars jokes.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Thanks Jess for starting us up.

Weigh in: 143
So a-MAY-zingly I did lose 1.4 pounds this month. My low for the month was 139 but I'll take this. I didn't realize I'd even have a loss after my camping weekend blowout.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Off to Florida tomorrow! Will get caught up when i get back!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #4

Have fun Cindy!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #5

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

I love that title...I was gone all day long from 7:30 on..

I will weigh tomorrow..Yeah, for you Sandy..

Yes, have fun in Florida Cindy..
Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
AMAYZING!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
AMAYZING!
How about "It will be AMAZING if I lose weight in Florida!!"
Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #8

Welcome back, Mary Kay..

Yes, Cindy, it will be amayzing if I don't gain on the cruise...No kidding.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #9

Hi ladies

I was up a pound because of my taco chip indulgence on Sunday...So 153 for the beginning of May...

Running around today..Last day of reading for our little group. I'm bringing juice and my friend is bringing cookies to celebrate..LOL..No cookies for me..They are just from WalMart anyway..No great temptation.

Hope everyone is doing okay..Gotta get my cruise clothes out of the bags with tags off, and ironed ready to pack for Friday..
Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #10

I bet you're getting excited Carolyn!! I really can't wait to hear all about it. How many peeps from LCFs do you think will be on the cruise with you?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Still bouncing from 199 to 201, didn't weigh today though since we went out to dinner last night.

A trick I have learned over my "many" years is that I never take the tags off clothes until I actually wear them, even if I buy them for and take them on a vacation. So many times I have come home with new things unworn, that I probably won't use otherwise but thought I would on the trip. With tags still on them, you can then return them if you wish. Just have a little pair of nail scissors or such in your makeup bag to remove tags as you wear things. Even for home, I just bring clothes home, hang them in the closet and if I happen to change my mind, I can easily return them. Takes care of some of those many impulse buys I am guilty of.

working in the office today, have an appointment with my endo tomorrow and then I am just one week away from leaving on vacation and have a lot of stuff that needs to be done before then. Time to buckle down and quit surfing the net so much!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #12

Buffy, I do the very same thing! I just switched all my winter clothes for summer clothes. Everytime I do this I swear I'm going to whittle it down and rarely do, or I just reduce it by a few items. I'm sure I could donate enough clothes to clothe 2 grown women!! I've really slacked off my shopping though unless I'm looking for something specific. That way the clearance racks don't entice me as much.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Buffy, I do the very same thing! I just switched all my winter clothes for summer clothes. Everytime I do this I swear I'm going to whittle it down and rarely do, or I just reduce it by a few items. I'm sure I could donate enough clothes to clothe 2 grown women!! I've really slacked off my shopping though unless I'm looking for something specific. That way the clearance racks don't entice me as much.
Oh dear, my clothes have gotten out of control and I don't know why I am so hesitant to get rid of some of them? I guess it goes back to the leaner years but geez, I went from my side of our closet in the master bedroom, when the kids were home, to taking over 2 of the other bedroom closets as well as my half of our closet! And, I just work part-time and that is at home, I don't need 3/4 of these clothes. And yes, those sale racks are so enticing, I swear they practically give stuff away once it hits clearance.

Cindy, have a great time in Florida.

Thanks Jess for getting us started in May
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #14

Hi gals..

Oh, Buffy, great idea.. I do need to weed out my old capris that look a bit worn and keep a few for chores/exercise and get rid of the rest..

Yes, I am excited..Just bought some Bonine, so I have ever medication known to man to fight the sea..A friend said her dh takes Bonine and wears the patch when he deep sea fishes..LOL...No deep sea fishing for this chickie..

We all do the "Bounce"..You will be solidly in Onederland forever and ever pretty soon, Buffy..

Well, I think that Kent, and Vanessa and a few other posters from time to time are going on the cruise. Some of the before/after pictures that people have posted on the cruise FB page are incredible. Linda Sue is going to the dinner..Going to have my picture taken with her..

Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #15

Are you going to start taking the Bonine early? I'd start by tomorrow at the latest, if it was me. I think if you take that you'll be fine. I don't really like cruising but I sure wish I was going to be on this one. I bet it's going to be so interesting! How fun!!

Buffy, I hear you. I have more than 1/2 of our master bedroom closet and then another walk in closet upstairs and then another 1/2 of one upstairs. Plus another chest of drawers!! And let's not even talk about SHOES. I know my problem stems for my lean years. I grew up in a large family who didn't have a lot of $$ for extras so when I got old enough to start making money I always bought clothes and shoes. And it never stopped, lol. I need a 12 step program I think.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Lordy! I have been surfing the net and shopping the past week for shapewear that is comfortble, not too hot but looks good under the summer knits. Well, this morning, I dumped out 4 drawers of lingerie and guess what? I have 12 shaper tops, 14 shaper bottoms and I don't need anymore. They had kind of gotten pushed to the back and some were too small when I bought them but on sale of course, too good a buy to pass up and now, they fit! So, I have wasted all that time looking when all I had to do was be a better housekeeper and keep my drawers of drawers, cleaned out! Next, the 2 under the bed bins of shoes along with all the ones in my closet, oh my, do those ever need to be thinned out. Don't know when I will get to switching winter to summer clothes.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #17

I think I'll start it tomorrow and see how it affects me..I'm usually a Dram girl, but it is good to start early..PLUS, we will be flying on Saturday, so I would need it then, too.

Thanks..
Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #18

Help girls..? Should I take any long pants/jeans??? I have 4 new pairs of capris with tops..
Have to sort out what I can take from last year--if nothing looks good, I might have to make a stop at Goody's. I think I'll take a pair of black shorts in case I exercise on the ship..LOL..
Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #19

I wouldn't take any long pants. You're going south and it's warmer there than here. I think you'll be fine with capris. Unless you're going hiking up a mountain or through the jungle.

Buffy, I think we must be secret sisters!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #20

No mountains for me..It will 80-90 there..Cooler than KS..LOL.

Poor Brett..His gf Rachel is freaking out because she wants him to move to Wichita so they can court..The man always move to where the woman is is her rule. Of course, he just started his job last August and there is no way he can leave it..He is a little annoyed because of her demands on this subject....Pray for him and his spirit, please..We talked for 45 minutes about this..I told him after boxing to go make an appointment with our youth pastor (nice guy) to chat man stuff..This is Rachel's graduation weekend and she starts texting all her demands..She must have just finished a Romance Novel..LOL.

Thanks, ladies..
Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #21

I'm sure Rachel is starting to feel the stress and fear of her parents moving away. I hope they can work it out. You gave him good advice Carolyn. I hope he takes it.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #22

Sandy: That is exactly what I told him..Great momma minds think alike.. It will be very difficult when her folks leave as I have said..But, it will be a good thing to help her grow up a bit, too..
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Check in weight is 124.8 so only up .4.
Not bad for "after vacation" weight!

Now to keep it up!

I promise to get back into posting!

everyone!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #24

Wow..Good for you, Mary Kay..You must have done a lot of walking and swimming and hiking, etc..to keep your girlish figure on vacation..

Nice to see you back.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #25

Hi gang..

Luggage? Luggage? At $25 a bag, it makes you think about packing and not taking 3 checked in bags..

Nice day today..Have a meeting in the a.m. after I go see the little cat I am babysitting..So up early with dye on my hair..LOL..

Hope everyone is doing okay today. I think this will be an egg/bacon morning..

Brett is going to talk to our youth pastor tonight at 6, so hopefully, he will get some advice.

Last edited by CarolynF; 05-03-2012 at 06:16 AM..
Old 05-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
My advice to Brett is NO. You already said all the right motherly things Carolyn and talking to his pastor is a great idea but bottom line is no for so many reasons.

When I fly I now take my one largest suitcase b/c of the fee, just make sure it doesn't weigh over 50 lbs. I hate taking it but I am not going to pay twice. And, if you do any shopping, you will have something to carry things back in.

I agree with Sandy, don't think you will want or need any long pants unless they are really lightweight or dressy pants for dinner. And a pair of shorts is a good idea, on our cruise people dressed very summery and casual except for dinner and it wasn't always real dressy. I have 3 pair of cargo lightweight pants/capris that I got from Chico's last year that have really become favorites, you can roll them up and snap them for capris or roll down for light weight pants, have pockets so you can carry little things with you, they may not be the most flattering but they are a favorite.

Yay, MK is back. Cindy, Oriana and Jess!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #27

Welcome back MK!! And WTG on your weight. That's quite a feat to hold your own on vacation.

Carolyn, sounds like he's listening to the advice. Good boy!!
Mix and match. Especially for your dinner clothes. And yes, try to take one very large suitcase but make sure it's not overweight, as that's a hefty extra charge. I sometimes pack a canvas duffle in my large suitcase in case I buy too much I have a bag to carry it in. Or to shift other stuff into so my new stuff fits in my case. I had to end up buying a digital luggage scale to carry with us because I really push the limits on that 50 pound rule, lol. I only take one large suitcase for each of us when we go to Mexico for 2 weeks but I also take our clothes to the laundry while we're there because it's so convenient. Also I take them to the laundry the day before we come home so I don't have a mountain of laundry to do when I get back. They're all nice and clean and folded to put away until summer that way. If I could find a place to do laundry here at home as cheap as they do it in Mexico I'd probably get rid of my washher and dryer, lol.

Buffy, I have a pair of those convertible pants too and I love them! I've not been able to find another pair. Maybe I'll check at Chico's!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Sandy & Buffy: Iím the same with keeping the tags on until I wear an item. Sometimes things look better in that dressing room mirror then my bedroom one. But I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't buy any new clothing until I fit in a smaller size. And Iíve kept my deal with myself but itís still going to be awhile until I buy new clothes. And some of mine are starting to look a little shabby with so much washing. Oh well.

Carolyn: I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise! I love cruises, Iíve been on three. I know itís really easy to get wrapped up in the idea that you have to take everything you might need with you when you pack but there are always stores where ever you go. If you find you need something Iím sure youíll have the opportunity to buy it there. And with clothes you can always wash a few things in the sink if you need to wear things twice. The lighter you pack the easier it is to travel because youíre going to have to carry it at some point. You could always ship things back to your home if you want to buy lots of items while on your trip.
I hope Rachel can make the adjustment to moving out on her own. Itís hard that first time, I did it myself just a few years ago. I was lucky to move in with my BF and my parents are only 35 min away. Sheíll enjoy it once she makes the move and meets new people but itís scary to leave what youíve always known for something new. She shouldn't be pressuring him to move too though, it's her job not his that's taking her away.

MK: Hope you had a nice vacation! And only one little pound for vacation weight is really good!

I got on the scale for my beginning of the month weight and then I didnít believe the number I got. So I got on the scale again yesterday and today thinking it was a fluke. But I think I lost 10 pounds last month! Iím still not sure I believe it but I do like seeing that number. I guess getting rid of the wheat was what my body needed. My hives are gone, my acne is almost gone, my skin (which has been painfully dry for most of my life) doesnít feel so bad anymore. Iím going to stick with the no wheat and see how I feel for a few more weeks, but so far it looks like I may be going wheat free for life.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

for Jess! Wow, 10 lbs is awesome and I really think you are onto something on the wheat. I am really impressed with your results, keep it up and you will be shopping for new clothes in no time. Can we all come help
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #30

Hi dear friends..

Thanks for all your luggage advice..I bought a new hangup one..Gary needed it for his trips, too..His other one was getting banged up looking..Maybe we will take 2 of those and 2 carryons with meds, etc..I will see if all my clothes will fit into the one..

Chatted with Brett and Rachel seems to have cooled down a bit..Maybe she is extra hormonal..LOL..But, I think Brett will get some more wisdom from youth pastor Kevin..He has 4 kids..in his mid 30's..

Jess: 10 pounds is wonderful...wonderful...Hurray for you.

I have one dress and then a dressier outfit for the 2 formal nights..The rest of the time it is capris/tops/maybe a jacket.

Closed Thread