Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone...

Oh, Buffy, thanks for the help on where to sit in the dining room..No window watching for me, for sure..My sisterinlaw cruises every year..Her remedy is to take one dramamine in the a.m. before breakie and one with dinner..She has never been sick..I'm sure it will psychological, too..LOL.

Oh...yes, we had HUGE lightening last night, Sandy..Hope you didn't get any.. Sounds like fun and a travel trailer is the way to go, in my opinion.

Gary got some new shorts at Penney's yesterday, new swimsuit, etc..He needed everything..

Not much going on today..

Oh...Rachel's (ds' gfriend) dad is definitely taking the job in Atlanta and they are moving the middle of June. So Rachel will be alone in Wichita..It will be a big adjustment for her, since she has never left the nest...ever..But the parent birds are flying south and leaving the baby bird to figure life out for herself..It's a good thing...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #212

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Wow, that will be a real challenge for Rachel. I'm sure it'll be scary too. Yikes!

On our one and only cruise, we took Bonine starting 3 days before we left. Neither of us were one bit sick and we went through what the crew said was the worst storm in 20 years! Everybody including the crew was sick. It was not a pretty sight that night on the ship, let me tell you. Our friends decided NOT to take the meds before we left and they were both casualties of the storm. They were first in line at the ship store to buy some the next morning.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
Oh camping, we had a travel trailer when the kids were young and went often to a very pretty state park that was near where we lived and I have such great memories and so do the kids. They could roam that park, lots of trails, swim in the lake, sit out by the campfire. One of my DD's and her DH and son have a popup and go when they can get away but with DGS's baseball and work, it is hard for them to get out very often.

Yes Carolyn, it will be a big step for Rachel but nice she will have your family not too far away. I am afraid my DD hated her first year of student teaching, she was in a itty bitty little town, so the only housing she found was an old 2 story house and she got spooked there, hated that house and I think spent the year in fear every night, poor thing. She heard every noise that old creaky house made, didn't know a soul in the town when she moved there, it is not a good memory for her but as all things it just made her stronger and she can laugh about it now.

I have the softest, weakest nails ever and once again, just had my tips taken off, every so often I try it, thinking that maybe for some reason they have grown stronger. I have been taking biotin for several years and they do seem less damaged than before when I would take the tips off. Any suggestions for good nail hardeners? I read magic nail was an old but good one but couldn't find it at walmart. Have a Sally Hansen miracle cure but no miracle so far . Seems in the past I have tried everything but I really would like to quit with the tips.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #214

Buffy, have you tried the gelish manicures? I've heard great things about them. The place I get my pedis guarantees them for 3 weeks against any kind of chipping or peeling.

Well, camping was very fruitful, lol. I'm up almost 5# after my very social weekend. Time to really curb myself this week for sure!!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #215

Hi gals..

Yes, Gary and I afraid that Rachel doesn't realize how much she will miss her parents as she has never been away from them. But, she is always welcome here as she knows, and she will be very busy with her first year of teaching..Very busy..I think she will be teaching Algebra One..

Oh....good idea with starting the Bonine early. I am very well stocked with anti-seasick drugs..dram, cream from the compounding pharmacy, seabands, and some other little thing that you put behind your ears from WalMart.

Buffy: I have really bad, bad nails..The only time I didn't have bad nails was when I was taking pre-natal vitamins..How about you???

Sandy: I was up to 154 this morning..taco chips yesterday..
Old 04-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #216

New name????? for May?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, me too, had wonderful nails while pregnant, but, it wasn't the prenatal vitamins, b/c I told my doctor and he said to just keep taking them, but alas, the good nails went away after delivery, even taking the vitamins. Something about being pregnant.

Sandy, yes, the gel manicures look awesome but they also involve having to soak them off, etc., so was trying to get away from all that and just grow a decent short nail myself. Ordered some silica after doing some research and already take biotin so we will see.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #218

Oh..LOL..on the wonderful nails while pregnant.

May name??? MAYDAY! MAYDAY! Challenge..(thoughts)
Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #219

a-May-zing Losers??
May the force be with us. Lol.
I'm just getting silly now.
I think Mayday is a good one.

I made salmon on the grill tonight and it was fantastic!! I'm so glad DH started liking salmon again. I also made balsamic green beans. Yum!!

I can grow nails; they're just not those pretty shaped ones that I love.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #220
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Home from CA late tomorrow - so posting soon!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

DRive by hello, another busy crazy day on the run.

Sandy, I live A-May-Zing Losers
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #222

Come find us over here. Jess started us up for May.
A-May-Zing Losers Challenge
Closed Thread