Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I think it found me too and brought a couple friends. I'm hopeful it was only for a weekend stay. They better be out of here by Monday or Tuesday at the lastest!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #182

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Monday is water drinking day..

Nice visit with kids this weekend and 2 other guests. I will wait to do all the sheets..

Yes, those darned pounds can find us so easily..Somedays we shouldn't even go to the mailbox..LOL.

My brisket was a big hit. I could have done with about 1/2 of what I brought, but since we paid for it, I felt I could take it home, so I did..I will freeze some of course.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
I had a super busy weekend! Got grocery shopping and laundry done. I planted my strawberries, I just hope they get enough sun on the back porch. I made about 15 dozen dog biscuits to take to the animal shelter that I’ll need to run down this week. I made muffins for the week and a big roast beef for lunches for me and the BF. Went out for a Birthday diner for my Mom. Washed, ironed and replaced the dust ruffle on our bed and rotated the mattress. I even had enough time to knit about 3 inches on the sweater I’m working on. I was exhausted last night and I didn’t even sleep well. I think I over did it at the gym because my biceps are so sore I just couldn’t get comfortable enough to sleep.

I hope I didn’t find any of these stray pounds wandering around! I haven’t got on the scale since April 1st and I’m not getting back on until May 1st. I was driving myself a bit crazy with constantly watching the numbers, I feel much better getting on once a month.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Whew Jess, I am already worn out today reading about your weekend!!!

Carolyn, the brisket sounds so good, I am still watching for them to go on sale.

Busy day for me today just in getting caught up at home and office.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #185

Jess..you have self-control on the weighing..I have to weigh everyday or I go astray..
So easy for me.

Buffy..Yup, them briskets is expensive..It was about $100 for 2 big ones..I think it would easily feed 50 people..One brisket for 20. I do prefer the flat brisket only..That pointy part is hard to cook cuz it is tougher..

Laundry day for me.....Dh and ds...
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #186
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I think it found me too and brought a couple friends. I'm hopeful it was only for a weekend stay. They better be out of here by Monday or Tuesday at the lastest!!

Would you like mine too - since you're having a party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

My brisket was a big hit. I could have done with about 1/2 of what I brought, but since we paid for it, I felt I could take it home, so I did..I will freeze some of course.
Recipe? or was it just BBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post

I was driving myself a bit crazy with constantly watching the numbers, I feel much better getting on once a month.

I have a very hard time with that!

The painters are here so I'm going to make myself scarce!!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #187

No, MK, the party is closed down and no crashers allowed, lol. Especially crashers with "baggage", lol.

I love Carolyn's brisket recipe!! I'm just waiting for them to go on sale. If they ever do. I've really been wanting one though so I might cave here pretty quickly.

I too weigh every day. If I don't I can go astray quite fast! Plus I like to see my weight history. I use a computer program to keep track and it compares previous weeks, months and years. Ok, I know you're thinking I'm obsessed. I'm really not, this just works for me, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #188
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - do you have an excel spreadsheet too?

Carolyn - OK - I need your recipe - DH LOVES brisket!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #189

Nope, no spreadsheet. My weight commander program does all that, lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #190

Here is my brisket recipe..Originally my mother in law's...It never fails to please.

Trim your brisket so it's not really fatty..

Then place it in a glass dish..Sprinkle celery salt, liquid smoke, worchestershire sauce, a little soy sauce over the brisket and let in marinate. You can do this overnight, but I have also done it for an hour..Be sure to cover the dish if you refrigerate it.

Then in a 9 x 13 pan, place your brisket in there, covered well with foil, then bake for 5 hours at 250. When it is tender, remove, let it cool an hour and slice on the
diagonal..

You can do your brisket up ahead and freeze the slices if you want in a big baggie.

One hour to serving:

Mix LC barbecue sauce diluted with beef broth and place it on the stove to mix it up. I like to add some splenda until I get the sweetness I like.
You could also add a little liquid smoke..or whatever you like.

Then place your sliced brisket in a pan and pour sauce over it, cover it, and let it bake until bubbly..

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #191
Princess Proofreader

Thanks Carolyn!!!
Sandy -
Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Here is my brisket recipe..Originally my mother in law's...It never fails to please.

Trim your brisket so it's not really fatty..

Then place it in a glass dish..Sprinkle celery salt, liquid smoke, worchestershire sauce, a little soy sauce over the brisket and let in marinate. You can do this overnight, but I have also done it for an hour..Be sure to cover the dish if you refrigerate it.

Then in a 9 x 13 pan, place your brisket in there, covered well with foil, then bake for 5 hours at 250. When it is tender, remove, let it cool an hour and slice on the
diagonal..

You can do your brisket up ahead and freeze the slices if you want in a big baggie.

One hour to serving:

Mix LC barbecue sauce diluted with beef broth and place it on the stove to mix it up. I like to add some splenda until I get the sweetness I like.
You could also add a little liquid smoke..or whatever you like.

Then place your sliced brisket in a pan and pour sauce over it, cover it, and let it bake until bubbly..
Do you always add the soy sauce? I went back and looked at my recipe from you and there's no soy sauce?? I can see how that would add even another wonderful dimension of flavor though it's so good I'm not sure I'll add it to save on the sodium.
MK, you won't go wrong with this recipe. It's so yummy!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #193

Sandy...I posted the original recipe from minlaw..I used to use it, but not now..I just use the liquid smoke, garlic and onion powder..You can't mess this up too much....
The title for this recipe is Kansas City Brisket, that is why you can't go wrong..

Off to Bartlesville shopping with some friends. Hope to find a cheap formal dress at Dillards for the fancy nights on the ship..I bought something, but it can be a church dress, too..
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Drive by , busy day of work!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
I used to weigh everyday but I can swing wildly from one day to the next. I've gone down as much as 7 pounds in one day and the next day to be up 8 or 9. It's not the scale because it doesn't do that to my BF. And I don't think I gain and lose that much water in a day. I don't know how or why my weight changes so much so fast. But it was such an emotional roller coaster to weigh everyday. Some days I would be so happy and excited and then the next day I would be sad and wondering what I was doing wrong. I feel much better not thinking about the number everyday, much less stressful. I went totally wheat free about 2 weeks ago so I'll see what kind of impact that has had on my weight next week. But my hives have been fading which has been wonderful since I've been trying to figure out my latest food allergy for almost a year now.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #196

Jess: Wowza..I wouldn't weigh everyday either if I was up and down that much. For me, if I eat something with a lot of sodium in it, I am up..maybe 1 or 2 pounds..Gosh, hope your hives are better..

Bargain time at Dillards..I got a fancy dancy blue silky jacket with gems on it for $20 and some chiffony pants to go with it for $20. I don't think the gems are real, but it looks nice..I just have to find some comfortable walking shoes besides my sneakers, which are white and clunky..KWIM?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #197
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

The painters will have to come back next week to finish ~ but I like the new colors!
The living room is Mineral Deposit

and the hallways and entry are Cork Wedge

I'm taking pics so I'll show you later.

We leave for CA later today, but until then, I have to get to the gym, take the dog to the kennel, visit my mom and run a bunch of errands. Oh yeah, pack and do laundry too.

I wonder what time DH wanted to leave?

I shoveled a ton of mulch yesterday and I feel it today!

I'll try to check in while we're gone ~ we're visiting my maid of honor and her husband at their home near Sunnyvale and then going with them to Lake Tahoe for the weekend!

Yay!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #198
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - how much of each ingredient for the marinade?
Do you now substitute garlic and onion powder for the celery salt?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #199

Have fun on your trip! Is it a driving trip? One of our very fav trips was a cross country vacation with no schedule! We only had one place we had to be on a certain date and the rest was ad libbed!
Love your new paint colors but I have to say, I'm sick of paint right now. Ugh!

Carolyn, that sounds very pretty! Good job!!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello dear friends!
Love the paint colors MK. Yes, post pictures and your day sounds tooo tooo busy but have a great time on your trip.

I am going on a road trip in May with 2 cousins, we will have so much fun.

Carolyn, that sounds perfect. Where is the cruise going? If it is warm climate, I love the yellow box sandals, even for walking unless you are talking about hiking or something like that. They are so soft, cushy and comfy.

Jess, that is some serious weight swings you have, I wouldn't go near the scale daily either.

Going to Austin to see DS and family on Friday and get hair done by DDIL, so trying to get everything done that has to be done here before then.

Taking DGS for allergy shot again this afternoon, he started a new vial so they have to start out slow and more frequently at first.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #201

I took a long walk with my pooch this a.m. and then came back and scrubbed down the whole deck. It's the length of our house!! Quite a chore. Then I gave Bailey a shower and then took one myself. After I get the sheets put back on the bed, I think I'm done for the day!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #202

Hi gang...

Love those colors, MKay....Color is much more attractive than white, I think..
We do have a few white rooms..I should do some color, too.

On the brisket..LOL..I am a sprinkler..You can use the celery salt/garlic powder/onion powder combo..Sprinkle the liquid smoke on one side, then the other and then do the same with the spices..I might use 1/2 bottle of the smoke for one brisket..

Have fun in CA, too..

Got some nice light Puma sneakers for the trip today..They aren't my heavy white New Balances that I use for exercise..clunk, clunk. I will see if I can exercise in those light ones..LOL..

Oh...Brett is trying to think of a graduation gift for Rachel. She likes jewelry..but she is young, so stoney necklaces do look kinda old for her, I think..Like birthstone ones..Maybe a "ring"..a regular one..Who knows??

Sandy: We have to do the deck this year, too..It's time to re-stain..Luckily Gary got a powerwasher, so I hope that will work when we get around to it..

We are going to Cozumel, Jamaica (not very safe), and the Grand Cayman Islands...They don't recommend you walk around Jamaica on your own, so we are taking an excursion to a private beach club for the day..
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #203
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Still in the yard!!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Still in the yard!!
No wonder your flowers look so lovely..
Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Still in the yard!!
And you probably aren't a deathly shade of white like I am
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #206

Buffy..I'm white as a ghost..I might have to sit outside a little before the cruise..Going to bring sunscreen for sure..Don't want to have a bad burn.

Buffy: Are you still in Onederland???

I was 152 this morning....Avoiding lattes at McD's and having a small breve at our local coffee shop instead..I think the lattes had 18 carbs of milk sugar..

Nice day..Finishing up laundry..then doing the towels from the company.

I am watching Manor House from Netflix...LOVE it..You have to order the DVD's..but it is worth it.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Off to Austin to see Ollie for the weekend.

Carolyn, I slip back and forth into Onderland, can't get below 199 yet and sometimes it is as high as 201, need to try to work on it a little harder.

Have to hurry around this morning and one of our cats, Lion, who is usually very shy and standoffish, wants to rub heads for some reason, can't turn that down
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #208

Have fun in Austin with little Ollie... I know you will be solidly into Onederland pretty soon..

Got a few things for the cruise..(medications)..Still have to get more stuff, but I'll do that Monday..I have enough seasick drugs to sink the battleship..Natural stuff you rub on your wrists, seabands, and a bunch of dramamine..But, I'm not going to think about it..

Have a great Friday.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Had a wonderful time at Ollie's, he is really communicating well now, just talks a little but also does a couple of things in sign language and loves, loves to have books read to him. We also played outside and my hair looks all freshly colored and trimmed again, my DIL is an awesome colorist.

Carolyn, get the sea sickness out of your mind, it is NOT going to happen, it is NOT going to happen, but, good to be prepared, LOL. On my one and only cruise, an experienced cruiser told me to not sit and look out the windows, like at dinner, sit with you back to the window, especially for the first night or two. You will have such a good time and meet people you feel you already know.

Busy week ahead, lots of do but will muddle along as always and get as much done as I can.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #210

We just got back from camping with our DD and her DH. We got rained out this morning but we still had a great time. We haven't been camping in over 30 years! They have a travel trailer so it wasn't primitive but still different for us. We usually just go up to see them for the day when they're camping.
Closed Thread