Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I-RISH I WAS THIN CHALLENGE

Hi ladies..

Weigh in? Boy this month went fast....
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #2

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Yes it did. This whole last year has just flown by. The baby is going to celebrate his FIRST birthday a week from Sunday!!! Now how did that happen so fast?

Weight-Ugh.
Feb 1-142.8
Mar 1-145.8
So up 3 pounds! I'm staying the course, but I think I've been eating too much salad. That's the only thing that's changed since I got home from vacation. So maybe too many carbs in the veggies. I don't know but I know it should even itself out eventually. It was pretty disappointing this morning though since I ate fish at lunch and dinner yesterday! I might need to do a couple of all protein/fat days to jump start myself again.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
OMG, the title is so cute!!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Marking my spot, BBL
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #5

Hi ladies..

I was down to 153 this morning, which was up from my month low, but down from my beginning weight.

Sandy...yup big salads have carbs..Sometimes I have to do the protein/fat days to get started up again..I've been doing that..

I can't believe our baby is ONE..They grow up so fast, don't they?

Visited Connie a little while ago. I think she is on big time dope because
she was out of it..LOL..Poor thing. They are trying to get her to move a little bit..and the physical therapist comes in to her room now, which is good.

Cindy: I'm glad you like the name.. We all rish we were thin...

Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #6

I canceled my land line today!! And my movie channels. Now I'll have to go through withdrawal, lol. Not really. Lol. We hardly ever watch the movie channels and everything eventually ends up on DVD anyway, right? And I'm sick and tired of the cable bill going up every other month! It seems that often anyway. I'm sure it's not, but it's really gotten too expensive, IMHO.

I had another salad for lunch today! I never thought I'd see the day I'd have to limit my salads, lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #7

Hi Sandy..

Lots of you "young folks" only have cell phones..LOL..We never watched the Movie Channels either..Do you have Netflix? I really like that alot.

Salads are easy to order and very good..I know what you mean about limiting salads.
Of course, the lettuce isn't the problem, but tomatoes can add up..(not that restaurants give you alot of tomatoes).

My fav Thursday night show is Project Runway......I love Mondo.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #8

Well, salads are still better than a sandwich I guess. I'll do a pro/fat day Monday.

Yes, I have netflix. I got it just before vacation so haven't gotten to use it a whole lot. That will probably change now. Is HuluPlus as good? I can't find a list of what they offer.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I canceled my land line today!! And my movie channels. Now I'll have to go through withdrawal, lol. Not really. Lol. We hardly ever watch the movie channels and everything eventually ends up on DVD anyway, right? And I'm sick and tired of the cable bill going up every other month! It seems that often anyway. I'm sure it's not, but it's really gotten too expensive, IMHO.

I had another salad for lunch today! I never thought I'd see the day I'd have to limit my salads, lol.
OMG Sandy, weren't you watching The Real Housewives with me?? Now what??
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hey, I'm new. I was a fruitarian before this and a marathon runner still. I am 47 yrs. old and mother of 4. I also teach in our Christian school first graders. I was wondering if anyone ever has high fat protein fruit shakes. I use a cup of cream, 1 scoop powder and a cup of raspberries. What do you all eat in a day? Do I have to exercise? I am 110 pounds and 5'4" Any tips to get started. You mean no salads?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #11

Cindy, I still have Bravo, lol. I'm not ready to give up my "train wreck" shows, lol. Only the movie channels got axed for now. And the home phone. I'm sure we'll have some adjustments to get used to. Especially with the phone, but we both have cells and I signed up for Skype so we'll see.

Oriana, welcome. And yes, I've had shakes like that but not very often. Fruit is pretty high in sugars so I avoid them most of the time. And no, you don't have to give up salad. I've just overloaded on some really big ones this week. I'm also right at a good goal weight so bounce around a couple pounds up and down and would really like to lose about 5 pounds so that's why I said that about too many salads.

I'm not sure if you have to exercise but I think most of us do at least a little. Walking, etc. I don't think you have to do too much though. I know I'm not always faithful doing it.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #12

Hi ladies..

Oh..I love Netflix..I love all those British tv mysteries..

Oriana, welcome, too. It sounds like you are looking good, girl..If you are a runner, then you probably can get away with eating more carbs..I just eat eggs/meats/veggies/salads..We all exercise to some degree or another. It's good to keep things moving.

Still at 153...I'll go exercise after my morning meeting..And, Kansas peeps. Wichita State is playing in their conference in St. Louis at noon today. Rachel's parents went over for that. I hope they make it to the NCAA tournie. They are a really good team.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #13
Always on, slightly off

I am too disgusted! I know I am not watching what I eat but I must be 120 pounds for my 50th b-day next month!! Haha!!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #14

You can DO it Cindy!!! Are you having a big party to celebrate?

I was down a bit this morning. Finally!!! Just in time for the weekend.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Hey, I'm new. I was a fruitarian before this and a marathon runner still. I am 47 yrs. old and mother of 4. I also teach in our Christian school first graders. I was wondering if anyone ever has high fat protein fruit shakes. I use a cup of cream, 1 scoop powder and a cup of raspberries. What do you all eat in a day? Do I have to exercise? I am 110 pounds and 5'4" Any tips to get started. You mean no salads?
Oh, my! It sounds good but that is a 1000 calorie shake!!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #16
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
You can DO it Cindy!!! Are you having a big party to celebrate?

I was down a bit this morning. Finally!!! Just in time for the weekend.
No, small dinner out but I refuse to be 50 and gaining weight!! haha
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Cindy, I had no idea you were any where near 50, so feel good about it, you look way younger.
Welcome Oriana. Sounds like whatever you are doing is working for you.

Should be home all day today except to run to the grocery store, get salad, you guys made me hungry for it, and potatoes to fix with the pot roast for tonight.

Have loads of laundry I have to get after and my desk is a wreck.

I watch almost all of the housewives Cindy and Sandy, the only one I don't watch is Atlanta, just never got into that one. And I love Bethany Ever After, she was the NY one who developed Skinny Girl margaritas and then sold to Jim Beam for millions of dollars, now her show is about her life with her husband and baby. My DVR didn't record all of OC this week so I have to catch a repeat to watch the rest of it.

Carolyn, I like NetFlicks too and Sandy, I think I could easily give up the movie channels if I can do it without getting rid of DH's old timey westerns, I need to look into that. It would be cheaper to buy him another of the Apple TV things and have him watch on netflix if I could teach him how to run it all but it is getting harder and harder for him to figure things like that out and then remember how to do them. Wanted me to put a new phone number in his Iphone the other day, I said "no, I will walk you through it but you have to do it", he said he would just forget by the next time. When you stop your willingness to learn new things is when you really begin to lose your ability to learn, don't you think?

Went to one of the beauty events I like to go to yesterday, it was for Dior at one of our Dillards, they had artist there doing your makeup so I had a fun time and learned a new trick, now I can roll over while putting on my mascara!! No, but it was fun and I looked pretty darn good for an old lady until I came home and washed it all off for bed. They do layer it on pretty thick though, it would have looked better up close if she had used about half the amount of product she did.

Am taking my birthday friend out shopping tomorrow while her DH gets their house ready for a surprise party for her when I bring her home at 5:30, I think I got the best job of helping out you know? We shop well together, like the same things.

Oldest DD and her DH sold their house, now that the kids are grown and in school, they sold where the kids were going to school and can now move about 30 miles away to where they both work, I am excited for them. They need to just look, might want to downsize a little but just need to see what is available. I went over the list of MUST have's that I have learned watching HGTV, , heavens, these people on that show have no idea about some of the houses we lived in as a young couple, we made do with what we could find, cleaned them up, painted and papered and made nice little homes out of them.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
Always on, slightly off

Buffy, I don't watch Atlanta either.

It's snowing here! It was 70 yesterday! Welcome to spring.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Hello Ladies! I've been popping in and out of these forums for awhile and figured it was time to say hello!

I've been doing LC for about 6 months and it worked but I had to keep my carbs super low to lose anything and it was starting to drive me a bit crazy. The I found the Eat Fat Get Thin book a little bit ago and I've recently switched over. I thought I felt pretty good on LC but I feel even better doing EFGT!
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #20

Yeah for our newbies..Please stay..Alot of our newbies come and go.. Hi JessBunny.

Yikes..I have to watch the weather..Dh is leaving Atlanta at 8:30 tonight. Hope the tornados don't get in the way or anyone else's way..

Cindy: You look wonderful..I Rish I was 128 pounds..

Buffy: Yup..good luck on your kiddos' house shopping..Who needs a movie theater in their house? LOL..
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
Always on, slightly off

All right, girls, am I the only one that didn't feel well on EFGT?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #22

Cindy: I think we are all different..Our hormones are different, digestive systems are different, so each to his own plan. I feel fine on EFGT..cuz I try to avoid grains and taters.
What plan do you feel best on, Cindy?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #23

I think so Cindy. But every body is different, as we all know. And I think we're all older, which might make a difference too? You do look great BTW! And I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to turn 50 gaining weight. I think it was turning 50 that made me decide I couldn't mess around with my eating as much as I used to. I've been within 10# of the same weight ever since and usually closer to 5#. And this after years of yo-yo dieting losing the same 30-40# over and over and over. So very smart to head it off at the pass.

Buffy, oh yes, I remember those days of finding whatever we could find and then doing all the "fix-up" stuff to it. Especially those early years of renting. Ugh, I hated that!! And I agree with the learning idea. When you quit wanting to learn I think you actually slip backwards. Especially with technology moving so fast today. I try to make my dad learn his cell phone better but he does forget between times. I just make him go over it again when it comes up. I never give up!

Carolyn! Tornadoes????? Today??? Here or in Atlanta? Our snow is all gone now and the sun is shining. Welcome to Kansas where the weather changes hourly.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Cindy: I think we are all different..Our hormones are different, digestive systems are different, so each to his own plan. I feel fine on EFGT..cuz I try to avoid grains and taters.
What plan do you feel best on, Cindy?
See, I eat toast and taters!! I calorie count and pay some attention to percentages but recognize that the day after 24 hour call is going to be higher carb. It just is. I conducted a 2 week experiment with myself to see where my percentages would fall if I ate what I wanted (or felt like at the time) as long as I stayed within the caloric guidelines (1500-1650 calories a day) . It was consistently about 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein, which is South Beach-y. The current issue is not the diet but more likely those dang pizzas I mail ordered from Giordano's in Chicago!!

I hated ketosis, don't do well on lower protein so this is what makes sense. Giordano's pizza isn't the problem, too big of a serving, too frequently is!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #25

Tornados are heading to the southeast...Sandy..Or at least bad, bad weather..

Yes, nommie pizzas are hard to resist..I guess you could just eat a sliver..LOL..
I do make a very nice LC pizza with an almond flour crust/egg/cheese crust..
Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #26

Yes, my friend just posted on FB about that. Her DD and family live in Tenn. very close to the GA border. She texted her that they were fine so maybe the storm already passed by them.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, love your new pic!!! Sooooo true, I always felt fat, from the time of about 18 onward and heavens sake, I look at pictures and I was so thin.

Yes, some very bad tornados have hit the midwest, heading eastward and south. Early start so hope it doesn't mean it is going to be another bad spring season for tornados and bad storms.

I can't even comment on WOE anymore, it's a wonder you all let me stay in our group, but the one thing I have in common with you along those lines is that I am trying to lower my weight and be healthy. I eat according to my diabetes meter, and take my meds.

Roast is in the oven, house is picked up, laundry is washing and drying and I am off to the grocery store.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #28

Hi..

Yup, gotta check the weather site..Dh leaves Atlanta at 8:30..

When I was 125 in high school, I thought I was fat..Of course, back then 125 was a size 12..LOL.

Buffy: We don't care about your plan..We lubs you..And I think you won the Suzie Homemaker Award today.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi..

When I was 125 in high school, I thought I was fat..Of course, back then 125 was a size 12..LOL.

Isn't that the truth! I weighed 125 in high school too and wore a size 12-14 and a size L in some things that were sized that way. People don't understand how much sizes have changed in all those years.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW, I could just not find a ranch dressing at the store that I liked as much as the ones you get in restaurants. Had DH ask at Texas Roadhouse, when he was eating lunch there, if they would sell some of their ranch dressing to him and they did!!! Had a salad tonight and it was so good.