Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I didn't watch DWTS. I don't know if I will. I guess I need to check out who's on it this year. I've lost interest the last couple of seasons. Kind of like The Bachelor. Time for something new and different, I guess.

Rainy and gloomy here today. I enjoyed my massage this a.m. And I have book club tonight. We're meeting at Dodge City so prime rib here I come!!!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #212

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
...oh have fun in Dodge...

Rainy and gloomy here, too..Tulsa had some roads closed. My friend's dd was going to the hospital for tests and the way they knew was under water, so they had to adjust their route.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #213
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post
I also remembered that when we had been having trouble finding the right insulin dose for our cat the vet gave us these packets we would sprinkle in the kitty litter and they would change color if her BS was out of whack. It was dead easy and I think they were called Glucotest by Purina. If I remember correctly the only downside was that they were a little pricey, but they were tons less stressful for both us and kitty then some of the failed blood tests we tried to give.
The only problem with this is they don't spill ketones until their blood sugar is way high. It would be a nice back up though. I will see what his sugars look like on Thursday.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #214
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - what book?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #215

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is the one we discussed tonight. Next time is One Good Dog.
I'm reading Left Neglected right now. It's very good!!
I hope you're feeling better.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #216
Princess Proofreader

Yes, finally, thanks!

I missed book club last night.
We read The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje.
I wasn't thrilled with it, so i didn't mind missing.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #217

We actually hardly even discuss the book at our book club, lol. We usually just end up gabbing all night. Sometimes I wish we did, but I'm the newcomer so don't want to rock the boat and it's still fun. Once in awhile we really get into it but not always. I was surprised that there were a couple who didn't really care for Snow Flower. I loved it! And at one point I was sitting on my deck reading it and crying! Maybe I'm a softie, lol.

Ok, I'm still up 1 pound from my St Patty's day debacle! Ugh!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Oh my, it isn't raining today! We have had a lot of rain the past 2 days, always greatly needed, but it really gave me the excuse I wanted to give in to the tummy troubles the victoza was giving me and just veg out. I watched tv the past 2 days, any movie I could find that looked at all interesting. Lazy, very. Relaxing, very. Waste of time, very. But, the victoza problems do seem to be getting a little better, I will stay on this low dose until no problems for 2-3 days, then move up a teeny bit. The good news is that I am getting great blood sugar control from even the low dose, but then I can't eat much either due to the way I feel. I have mostly just had some roasted chicken, cottage cheese and a little fruit.

Carolyn, I don't watch DWTS's either, although will flip over to it some times, it is fun to watch.

Special friends day is Friday at Bobby's school, so I will be attending that and then bringing him home from school on Friday. Nails and brow threading tomorrow, such a productive week, haha.

Need to get to a nursery and look at flowers, I think I could get my pots planted even though it is a little early. Might as well enjoy them this spring as they will burn up this summer.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

New low today but I won't claim it until I see it a few more times, it will bounce back up I'm sure.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #220

Hi gals..

I just go to the Book Club at the library when it meets in the a.m. The Descendants is the next one..We do discuss the book because a librarian always leads it..Sandy, I know what you are saying.....For my experience (with women) and groups, if you don't have a strong leader with focus, it goes south pretty easily...LOL..Not a bad south, but just off the track.

Dh left for VA..I'm washing the sheets in hot water in case some germs are still left and will move back into the bedroom..LOL.

I was back to 153 this morning...after recovering from my saltine/peanut butter cracker experience..

Okay...I read that 2 twenty second high intense exercise intervals is better for your blood sugar than walking an hour..What is that about? I can run for 20 seconds in place, so I'm experimenting with this..

Oh, Buffy...yeah for your hidden loss.. I hope your tummy adjusts to the victoza..Yeah for your bsugar readings..

My flowers look best in the Spring, then it is downhill from there in hot old KS..

Cleaning day...Rachel will be here tomorrow night or Friday night.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

Just emptied the fridge of things that needed to be thrown out, haven't washed it out yet. Threw away some old things in the pantry. Have a load of clothes in washer. Vacuumed so that I can treat some spots, hmmm, such jumping from this to that??? Oh, also cleaned off all the stuff that finds it's way to the top of the fridge, I never used to keep things there? Old age is not good for housekeeping.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #222

Good for you, Buffy...I threw some stuff out of the fridge and did a once over..Must take the veggie bins out and check them... We are Suzie Homemakers today.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #223
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - My group talks about the book, talks about stuff, talks about the book, talks about something else weird, talks about the book . . . . and we meet at Panera so we're all eating and drinking during it all!

Buffy - Yay!! I'm sure the loss will stick!!

Carolyn - sanitize the whole house!! My DH is off to Boston on Sunday!
I'm looking forward to a week for myself!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #224

A week by oneself is nice.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I'm losing weight for the first time in my life on Atkins. I used to run 10 miles a day on a fruitarian diet and gained. I run half that now and am losing on over 2000 calories a day and I couldn't lose on 1000. Praise the Lord!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Great news Oriana. Most doctors today even promote lower carbs if not low carb like atkins, and, along with running, you should continue to lose.

Bounced back up this morning, couldn't get to sleep last night and gave in to a bowl of granola and milk, which helps me sleep but at midnight blows any chance of seeing a low or seeing one again the next morning.

Rainy here again today and a nice gentle rain, which we want all we can while we can get it but I need to run errands today and would prefer the sun to shine upon me.

Watched The Color Purple last night, not sure why I had never watched it, now I see what all the fuss was about, great movie.

MK, all better now? Carolyn, hope Gary is feeling better, especially since the poor guy is back at work. When is your company arriving?

Cindy, is this appointment day for the kittys?

Sandy, your book club sounds like fun!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #227

MK, that's kind of how our book club goes. We do talk about the book but not "formally" like I think official book clubs probably do. I see in the back of books sometimes a section that is for Book Club Discussion. We never use anything like that!! We just wing it and mostly talk. And of course we all eat and drink during the whole thing!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #228
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Sandy - we have one member - our "leader" I guess and she actually prints out questions and we start with those - usually they're not very interesting and it works better if we veer off topic! Tatiana De Rosnay has a new book - did you read Sarah's Key? This one is called The House I Loved. I'm downloading the CD's today.

Carolyn - yeah, a whole week! *swoon*

Buffy - raining here this morning and the temps are supposed to go from 80į to 68į!!
And I do feel better - thank heavens!!

oriana - yay!! I'm glad this is working!!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

įį◊įį
Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #229
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
A week by oneself is nice.
Yes, it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Cindy, is this appointment day for the kittys?
Noland is at the vets for the day as we speak. I will report this evening.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Cindy: Youíre right the kitty litter powder works best as a back-up. But it may be useful if you are decreasing the amount of insulin to make sure he doesnít get any high spikes of BS.

Carolyn: I had spent some time with a personal trainer last year (I really liked it and she was very helpful but I couldnít do it long term due to the cost) and she instructed me to do the short super high energy bursts of activity too. She would have me get on the elliptical and start off slow for two or three minutes and then alternate 30 second bursts of going as fast as I possibly could followed by 60 seconds of a slow speed and then repeat that pattern for 15-20 minutes. She told me that it was a very effective ways to train our muscles and lose weight. Also it didnít take a long amount of time so it was easier to fit it in my week more often. Unfortunately I canít exercise in that way anymore because it started to aggravate my asthma pretty badly with the high bursts so Iím doing a low intensity Zumba now and I feel pretty good. But while I was able to do it I can say I did start to see some results.

Congrats to all of our spring cleaning ladies! I wish I was that motivated to clean!

I stopped getting on the scale last week because I was getting tired of see the same numbers every day and I canít say Iím all that anxious to get back on yet. Iíve been good at following plan but I think I may just wait until April to see what the scale says. Iím hoping itís a case of Ďa watched pot never boilsí kind of thing and Iíll see a loss then.
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #231

Hi ladies..

Rachel just FBed me..She will be here at 5 or rather go to Brett's first, then over here later, so I have time to clean.. Lit some candles to freshen up the rainy day.

Yes, the Color Purple was a great movie..I'm sure there are a few movies I never got to see..

Oh, Noland is at the vets..Praying for a good result..

Good for you, Oriana.. Fruit is sugar in a tasty form..LOL.

Oh, Buffy..Granola will do it..but at least you got some sleep..

Glad you feel better..I'm sure Gary is doing better, too..Will see him at midnight or so.
Hopefully, he doesn't get a relapse from traveling.

Jess:That is great information..Thanks. I hear Zumba is really fun..I think they are going to do it on the LCarb cruise, so I will try it then..
Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #232
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - good luck to Noland!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #233

Rachel got picked for the jury this week..It is a criminal trial...that is all she can say.
She was hoping to be done today..No....she will be deliberating tomorrow..Hopefully, she will be done by tomorrow..She would be a good juror. I hope it wasn't too explicit..

Yipee....Mondo won Project Runway..I loved him.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,
Am going to Bobby's school today for Grandest Friends day, should be fun and good to see my little ones.

Enjoy your company Carolyn, and your week MK!

Jess, yes, if you "know" you are eating correctly, go by how you feel and how your clothes fit, sometimes the scale is not the best way to measure success.

The Hunger Games started last night, DD#2 was going to go to the first show around midnight, anxious to see what she thinks.

I loved Sarah's Key, will go look up that new one MK

Hi Sandy, Cindy and Oriana
Old 03-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I lost on 2500 calories. I feel so free and not in bondage to food anymoe. I thank the Lord for blessing me with Atkins. I know that sounds funny but it is a huge answer to my prayers and I am now 47 years old.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #236

I agree Oriana. Low carb eating is a blessing to find and incorporate into our lives. I think the whole low carb WOE is catching on and spreading bit by bit and maybe in time will become the new norm and they might even have to turn that food pyramid upside down back to the way it used to be!!

Buffy, I remember all those Grandest Friends days at the grandkids schools. They were so fun!

Well, it's taken me ALL week to get that St Pat's day weight back off and I'm still about .5# up from it. Wow!!! And this weekend is when my DD is making my birthday dinner. I don't know yet what she's making but I do know that the cake is going to be very high carb. DH ordered a Cannolli/Ricotta Cream Cake from our local Italian restaurant. I've only had it once before but it was TO DIE for!!! I sure hope it's as good as my memory of it is, lol. Then I have to work all week again to get that off. I guess that's maintenance though, right?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #237
Always on, slightly off

Picked up Noland last night. Boy was traumatized! 6 blood draws but it needed to be done. He is nicely controlled. Blood sugars from 92-145. He is on weight reduction plan and LC so I will let you know.

Cool here today, cloudy. Would have liked a bit dryer weather this week as I could have gotten a lot of mulch down. And sod. Did I tell you we are laying sod in the back yard! Oh, my back.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #238

Hi gang,

Oriana..yeah for you..

Sandy: A pre happy birthday, but we will get you on your day..That cake sounds wonderful..You could pre-exercise and post-exercise..LOL..

Buffy: You are Bobby's Grandest Friend..Love that.

Cindy: Does Noland have any blood left? LOL..Glad he is doing okay.

Beth and Shawn hopped on the Kansas City Zephyr and are heading to Chicago for a wedding. Anyone ever take that train?

Tomorrow it is going to be rather warm...So your sod will be very happy, Cindy. Our grass needs mowing, but it is sooooo wet..

I loved Sarah's Key, tooo...Have to look up the other book.

Rachel's jury duty will be over after lunch and the verdict. So, I'm sure she will be hopping in her little car for the 2 hour ride. She can talk about it after it is over...
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #239
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - that's great about Noland!!

Carolyn - tell me about the Zephyr ~ straight shot from Chicago to KC?

Sandy - that cake sounds fabulous!! Take a picture!!!

oriana - yay!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #240

I think it stops at about 5 places..Beth and Shawn are eating and drinking their way to Chicago..
Did some research..and the Zephyr was replaced, but she took a picture of the sign while they were in the RR station..

Let me do some more research.

Two trains to Chicago..one stops lots of places and you change at St. Louis, the other one is a bit quicker..say 8 to 2..I think they are on the slow one and will get
in around 8:40 tonight.

Last edited by CarolynF; 03-23-2012 at 02:27 PM..