Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #181
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

I feel crummy!
I can't tell if it's because I exercised too hard yesterday or if I have the flu.
I've taken 1 Nyquil and will take the other soon.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #182
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Good for you, Cindy..Does Poot eat this? Of course, Poot is a very svelte kitty.

Poot is highly suspicious of it!

For those of you with the stomach flu or have a family member with it, sterilize your keyboard before you post here! I haven't had the stomach flu in about 15 years!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh, MK..I hope you aren't sick, too..

Dh didn't touch the keyboard..and I use norovirus spray on my hands and no kissing allowed..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #184

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We had a wonderful St. Pat's day. We went to Westport to the parade and then to a Elders concert down there after. We walked over a mile from where we parked so of course we walked all that way back too. But we stopped to eat on the way back so DH could have his corned beef and cabbage. No 'taters' though. I had a reuben, which wasn't very good. We both had a few beers too throughout the day, but hopefully all our walking helped work those off. I did bounce up on the scale today though. I think it's mostly water weight and will hopefully disappear quickly.

Oh no!! Tummy flu??? The worst!! I hope it doesn't last very long and I hope you don't get it Carolyn. Or any of us or our families.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #185
Princess Proofreader

I'm better this morning - Carolyn - hope DH is too!

And it is fabulous outside!! Already 70į!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Sounds like a fun day Sandy and your weight is b/c of the beer, it will drop back off.

Tummy flu stay away, glad you are better MK and hope Gary gets over his soon.

Chance of rain here, but not too high a chance.

My car is idling roughly, dealer thinks it might have been bad gas but now the service engine light came on so I guess it will have to visit the shop, $$$

Think it will be a lazy day of the Sunday paper, movies on tv, etc. And cats, they are all very lovable today, more so than some days or maybe it is because I am not hurrying around. ?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #187
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
We had a wonderful St. Pat's day. We went to Westport to the parade and then to a Elders concert down there after. We walked over a mile from where we parked so of course we walked all that way back too. But we stopped to eat on the way back so DH could have his corned beef and cabbage. No 'taters' though. I had a reuben, which wasn't very good. We both had a few beers too throughout the day, but hopefully all our walking helped work those off. I did bounce up on the scale today though. I think it's mostly water weight and will hopefully disappear quickly.

Oh no!! Tummy flu??? The worst!! I hope it doesn't last very long and I hope you don't get it Carolyn. Or any of us or our families.
Sandy, we had glazed corned beef last night and boy, was it salty! I refuse to get on the scale this morning but I have to tomorrow morning as I have to weigh the boys!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #188

Hi gals,

Dh is slightly better today, but stayed home from church..There were a lot of sickies missing as well as Spring Breakers. I keep washing my hands and putting anti-stuff on them.

On yes...that salty corned beef..Sometimes they overdo it, I think..But it is pretty good. I used to get the kind you put in the oven..

Glad you are better, MKay..

Ds and I went out for Chinese after church..I was pretty good, but it is hard to be perfect cuz you don't know what is in that stuff..Won't eat much tonight.

Cindy: LOL..on weighing the boys.. You are running a Fat Camp for Kittehs..

Old 03-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #189
Princess Proofreader

I WAS better, but now i feel puny again . . . .
Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom

Sorry for those of you who are sick or who have sick loved ones. I am included in that. 7yo DD has had a fever for 2 days and her throat looks aweful. Thinking it may be strep. BOO!!

Sandy, it does sound like you had a nice time yesterday. We love basketball here, so we have been watching March Madness. The weather has been truly glorious and the kids have been outside most of the time. Love having the windows open!

I ate way too much food this weekend. I think I was sick of plugging everything into ******, so I didn't. I will be back on track tomorrow. Probably won't step on the scale for a couple of days, but I am fine with the bump. Life goes on.
Gremom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #191

MK: Dh's tummy problems come and go..He eats something wrong..then it hurts. He had plain chicken soup and peanut butter with saltines for lunch. Hope you are better.

Stacey: AKKK..strep..yup, better head to the doctor's tomorrow. Your NC team is beating the heck out of Creighton..
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Carolyn, I may live in NC, but I am not a UNC fan, nor any team in North Carolina. I don't have a fave team, but DH loves Syracuse. He is from upstate NY, so his team is still going!

I really hope it isn't strep, but we tend to get that. She had it 4 times in 2 months last year. The rest of us got it too for a total of 10 times in 2 months. It was awful!!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #193

Yikes on the strep..But I have found that some kids are more prone to it that others.
Look for little white spots..When my son was little and had ear infections, we skipped right to the augmentin because the pink stuff didn't clear it up.

Good luck on basketball..Who knows who will win? KU plays tonight..The only big 12ers left are Baylor and KU.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #194

Rock Chalk!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #195

Looks like if they win tonight, then they play 11 NC State..Who knows what will happen???
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #196

I'm exhausted from watching that game!!!! I'm so happy that they won but it was doubtful throughout the game. Whew!!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Sorry to hear about so many with the tummy flu! I can relate, I had that a little over a month ago and it wasnít fun. I was even more annoyed because after all that I didnít even lose weight.

Cindy: You are doing a great job with the kitties! One thing I learned with testing our diabetic cat was if you do have to stick or scratch them on their body to test the BS be very careful to watch the cut for infection. Kitty skin is very delicate and papery and if you see any redness a little dab of coconut oil on it for a few days should help. It works great on them to fight infection and speed healing and you donít have to be worried about them licking it either.

I enjoyed some alcohol for St. Pattyís day too. Iím not usually much of a drinker but I had a few on Saturday. I really like the SkinnyGirl drinks, and they are usually less than 2 carbs per serving so I donít feel too bad about having some on occasion. If youíve never tasted them and you like cocktails I would suggest trying them out.
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #198
Princess Proofreader

*cough*

whine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
but DH loves Syracuse. He is from upstate NY, so his team is still going!
DD25 went to grad school at Syracuse!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

DD only has a virus and is feeling MUCH better! YAY for not having strep! Back to school tomorrow for her.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #200

Hi all,
Still up a bit on the scale this a.m. from my celebrating. Although, I also had high sodium foods yesterday which might be some of it. I expect it to be gone this week.

Thank goodness for NO STREP!!!

I hope everybody is feeling better!!

Does anybody here take l-glutamine? I read an interesting article about it and ordered some.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Sandy, do you also read Maria's Nutritious and Delicious blog? I read about l-glutamine on it yesterday and was thinking of trying it out. It doesn't look to have any downsides. I love that blog and all the tasty things over on All Day I Dream About Food.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #202

Hi gals..

I'm up..up..I had a few saltines and peanut butter snacks yesterday..I need to hide those crackers now that dh is sort of better..

Hmmm...I'm not sure I have tried the L-glutamine..I think I have tried lots of different supplements..Have to check it out..and I might have some stuck in the back of my supplement drawer. What is supposed to do I wonder? I'll go check out Maria's blog.

Had lunch with a young friend and an older friend today. We try to encourage the young friend to get a nice little job and do well in jr. college. Went to a Mexican restaurant..Ordered a chicken taco salad, no shell..It was very good..

That KU game was a heart stopper..The boys better get it together for the next round...
When they play outside the Big 12, it is anyone's game..
Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #203

Yes I read about it first on Maria's blog but then researched it a bit more. It's supposed to help your immune system, your digestive system and help you recover quickly from working out and also is supposed to help with stress. Sounds like a miracle supplement, doesn't it, lol. Oh well, what's one more?

Yes that KU game was def a heart stopper!!! I scared Bailey to death at least 3 times in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Buffy, where are you hiding today????
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #204
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post
Cindy: You are doing a great job with the kitties! One thing I learned with testing our diabetic cat was if you do have to stick or scratch them on their body to test the BS be very careful to watch the cut for infection. Kitty skin is very delicate and papery and if you see any redness a little dab of coconut oil on it for a few days should help. It works great on them to fight infection and speed healing and you donít have to be worried about them licking it either.
STOP THE PRESSES!! I thought I was the only crazy person that thought that after wrestling Noland for 30 min and not getting any blood from either his ear or paw, I wondered if I could just nick the skin on the back of his neck or something?? He is getting a "lion cut" in a couple of weeks and there would be all this skin! You have done this?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Yes a few times with our cat it was necessary to test her on her body. You arenít the only crazy one A vet would recommend against it because their skin is so delicate but we decided that controlling her BS was more important. If possible we would do the paw or ear test but we couldnít always get that to work, especially in the beginning. If you do have to test on his body make the smallest cut or scratch you can. Kitty skin doesnít clot and scab as fast as peopleís skin does. If at all possible you do want to test on the ear or paw, and after a couple of times kitty should adjust and it should get easier and faster. But if it comes down to it and you simply must test his BS and canít get it on the ear or paw then it does work to test on the body. Just be careful and watch the scratch for any redness.

I love kitties with a lion cut, itís adorable!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #206
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post
Yes a few times with our cat it was necessary to test her on her body. You arenít the only crazy one A vet would recommend against it because their skin is so delicate but we decided that controlling her BS was more important. If possible we would do the paw or ear test but we couldnít always get that to work, especially in the beginning. If you do have to test on his body make the smallest cut or scratch you can. Kitty skin doesnít clot and scab as fast as peopleís skin does. If at all possible you do want to test on the ear or paw, and after a couple of times kitty should adjust and it should get easier and faster. But if it comes down to it and you simply must test his BS and canít get it on the ear or paw then it does work to test on the body. Just be careful and watch the scratch for any redness.

I love kitties with a lion cut, itís adorable!
Thank you so much! He is spending Thursday at the vets for a blood sugar curve so I know when his current insulin peaks. I won't use the other method much but am adjusting his food and need some method to check. Thanks for the tutorial!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

I also remembered that when we had been having trouble finding the right insulin dose for our cat the vet gave us these packets we would sprinkle in the kitty litter and they would change color if her BS was out of whack. It was dead easy and I think they were called Glucotest by Purina. If I remember correctly the only downside was that they were a little pricey, but they were tons less stressful for both us and kitty then some of the failed blood tests we tried to give.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #208
Princess Proofreader

Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
so sorry! feel better!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Not good, MKay..Dh doesn't feel normal, but he is at work..Hope you do better tomorrow.

Exercised, library, then a second lunch at the same place as yesterday..I was really good..Shrimp salad..3 chips.

Gotta start cleaning a bit for Rachel to come on Thursday/Friday..

Dancing with the Stars was great last night..Anyone watch it?