Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Did you cry MK? I was sitting out on the deck reading and when I got to that very sad part I just sat there with tears rolling down my face. (I don't want to ruin it, in case somebody wants to read it) But I loved it!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
We had a beautiful day here too. Will be 70-80 degree weather all week. The kids played outside and rode their bikes. Trying to teach DD 5 to ride without training wheels. She is one determined 5 year old!

Bday party for my 4yo son tomorrow morning. House has been decorated for 2 weeks since we had to change it. He is so excited!

The time change is getting to me, so I am headed to bed!
Gremom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #123
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Did you cry MK? I was sitting out on the deck reading and when I got to that very sad part I just sat there with tears rolling down my face. (I don't want to ruin it, in case somebody wants to read it) But I loved it!
I don't remember - it's been awhile . . .. but I do remember I loved it!

Stacey - time change has REALLY gotten to me this year too!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #124

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang..

Dh and I stayed up to midnight last night and overslept this morning..Time change is funky..

It is 83 here..I'll have to order that book at the library..and go by Walgreen's for kleenex..LOL.

Not much going on today..Bible Study tonight and this afternoon..People are thinking
"Spring Break"..One family is driving to California next week..Holy smokes..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #125

I went to the park with a friend of mine and we just soaked up the sun and visited for about 2.5 hours. It was very nice. Of course the park was full-it's spring break here right now! And people around us saw 4 snakes!!! Yikes!! We didn't see them though.

I was down to 142 this a.m.!!! And poor DH can't lose an ounce!! His BS and BP readings are all good and he's eating perfectly. He must really be resistant or something. He's getting pretty discouraged and I don't blame him.

I've been staying up late but then waking up earlier??? So I'm pooped! I hope I can sleep in in the morning. Once I wake up it's very hard for me to fall back to sleep.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #126

Hmmm..oh noes, Sandy..Don't tell me the snakes are out already...Yuck.

Gosh, are his "numbers" under 100, Sandy? That would be discouraging, I think..
He could be resistant and might have to go way low on the carbs..I forgot if he was on meds??
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #127

No meds and I don't know how much lower he can go on carbs. His morning numbers are below 100 and within 2 hours of a meal his numbers fall below 100 again. Sometimes even in the high 60s, 70s and 80s. So it's doing really good. And he's not overeating. And he started watching his protein intake. Everyday I just hope he has good drop. Instead he keeps losing the same .6 of a pound over and over. His body is really trying to hold onto it. And no meds. He'd like to NOT have to take them and with his readings I don't really think he'll need them?? Any ideas?? He's loving the Bernstein books.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Afternoon!
Finally got on my computer, DGS is here and not sharing very well, LOL. I type so much better on keyboard than I do my Ipad that I didn't want to get on our site there.

204.2 this AM , I am so excited, that is definitely a new low for me, saw 205 peeking out a few times but this is a new number that I haven't seen in a long, long time.

Great idea on the prepaid cell phone, now just to talk DH into getting rid of the house line, old dogs, new changes, don't mix.

Sandy, I know exactly what your DH is going through. Before I found out I had diabetes I could NOT lose weight without an enormous struggle and then I always gained it back and more the second I let my guard down. LC controlled my BS which like his had been slowly climbing and helped with the BP but I couldn't lose weight on it, felt good, just couldn't lose. Carolyn knows how frustrated I would get and I would quit and leave the board, only to come back later and find her again . My sister is also going through the exact same thing. Some doctors do believe in starting the metformin oral tablets or even the byetta or victoza shots when people are pre-diabetic and some don't. And, like your DH, my sister doesn't want to take the meds if she doesn't have to but she is so active and I see her weight just slowly creeping up on her and she works so hard at it. If his BP and BS numbers are doing ok, is 10 lbs too much of a worry for him or could he just accept that and try to keep it at that?

The victoza that I just changed to last week is kind of doing a number on me as far as the common side effects, thus the new lower weight but I am just staying on the lowest dose a little longer as I adjust to it. It is doing a good job at appetite control which it does for some people so I have big grand hopes of seeing onederland sometime before summer.

Spring break here too, DGS came yesterday and is staying again tonight, love having him here with me.

Weather here is beautiful and warm too but chance of rain again later in the week, which is ok, we need all the rain we can get, well up to a point.

Gremom, enjoy the party, sounds like a busy place at your house.

Sandy, I am off to the audible site to look up that book, I need a new one.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #129

Thanks Buffy, I'll tell him what you said. I guess I still don't understand that part yet. To my little brain, I keep thinking if all the numbers are good and you're eating right, you should lose weight. I guess something inside of him is broken and doesn't work normally? And no, he really does NOT need to lose 10 more pounds. He just has it in his head that he'd like to lose at least a few more. Right now he'd probably be happy with 3-5! Once you start on a med like metformin, etc. is it forever?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #130
Princess Proofreader

Old 03-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy and Buffy, glad that you both saw a drop on the scale. Mine is still up .5, but I am not letting it get to me. Well, trying not to at least.

The party was fun! Had 16 little kids running around here, but all went well. Was in the 70s and we were outside after school. My 5yo DD can now ride her bike without training wheels! I am so proud of her!

I have an etsy shop where I sell little ring/trinket dishes to raise money for the adoption and a lady has asked me to paint her 20 of them!! I am so excited!! All profits go straight toward the adoption and we really need it right now. God is good!!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #132
Princess Proofreader

Yay Stacey! It sounds like you had a good day!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Another drop this morning, 203.4, exciting!

Sandy, good question on whether the metformin is forever, if I can remember, I will ask my Dr. that next time but I don't see him for another couple of months. It has been 4 years now so don't remember exactly all the details he told me about the med but I was hesitant to take it at first, was determined to control my diabetes through diet and exercise until I realized it was going to be a very hard struggle that you have to maintain 24/7 and never let your guard down. The Dr. convinced me that trying to do that and having occasional highs was more damaging to my body than the meds which do seem to have few side effects. And, he also convinced me and educated me about the disease, it is a progressive disease and unless you keep tight control of your numbers it will eventually do a lot of harm to your body as I saw it do to my DB. Some of the side effects of metformin are nausea and diarreah which I have had quite a bit of trouble with but I have lost quite a bit of weight on it and I control the side effects with the walmart generic brand of immodium. Lots of people adjust to it quite easily and have no side effects, my cousin being one of them, never had a days problem with it. Will just be something you, your husband and his doctor have to evaluate. Yes, something is broken inside you as you develop diabetes I'm afraid.

Stacey, wow, busy busy party but glad they had fun and it was nice outside. And kudos to your 5 yo for ditching the training wheels!

Congrats also on your order, we both have our side business it seems.

Busy day today with friends today and other friends tonight for dinner club. We are going where we can sit on a patio since it is so nice right now.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy, enjoy your day of friends! This weather is so amazing! Love it!!

I am back down to my siggy weight, so hopefully will see a new number tomorrow. Oh I really hope so!!

I also have a non-scale victory! I tried on a dress that I wore to my aunt's wedding 12 years ago. It was a size 4 silk dress. IT FITS!!! Doesn't look quite as good since I didn't have a body of a mama of 3 kids back then, but it zipped and fit!! BETTER YET, my wedding gown fits too!!! WOO HOO!! 10 years later, I can wear my wedding gown!! WOO HOO!!!! I am so proud of myself!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Stacey, you should be proud!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Congrats Stacey! That's a great accomplishment!

The scale isn't moving at all for me now with my big breakfast/tiny dinner plan. Which I don't know if that's better or worse than the up 3 down 3 I've been doing for the last few weeks. I did figure out that I'm shrinking even though I'm not losing weight right now. I took my measurements this morning and I've shrunk another 2 inches. Always from my chest and waist, never the hips or thighs like I want.

It's so wonderful out today! Too bad I've got a 10 hour work day with a board meeting tonight.
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #137

Yes Stacey!! That's wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Buffy. Decisions decisions and it's not even my decision! I think DH is "mulling" it over so we'll see what he decides.
Oh ya, it doesn't help that I was down a little bit again this a.m. and he was up again. You all know I'm not perfect but he really has been!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #138

Wow...what a bunch of Losers (in a good way)..Congratulations everyone...

I'm still at 153...Where is the chisel?

Good morning everyone..

Doing errands this morning..exercise, hair cut, etc..Tonight I am working with some kids at church..My friend is planning the lesson..I guess these kids can be really wild..My dh is stopping by for reinforcement. Wish me luck..Light the candles..
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #139

I have a pot luck meeting at church tonight. I'm taking 2 salads and the meats are a ham and a turkey. So at least I know I'll be able to eat something, lol. I don't think anybody will be too wild in our group though, lol. Teens/kids are sometimes hard to work with, especially in large groups.

Carolyn, do you check your blood sugars?

Its HOT here today! I bet DH wants to turn the a/c on tonight. If our summer starts this early I can only imagine what our light bills will be this season. Ugh!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #140

Hi gals..

I do test from time to time..My last official fasting one was 95..Not that great, but my doctor doesn't mention metformin or anything..Of course, if I ate high carb, it might be higher..

Our upstairs is 75 degrees..Opened the bedroom door and had the fan going for a while last night to cool it off..We will see if that helps tonight.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #141
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Hi all! I'm tired from work and 3 BIG boys! I'm getting a scale to weigh them but I bet 2 are about 20 pounds. Transitioning them to raw food. Turned on the air conditioner today as it was 81 here and I think the house will be too warm at night for me to sleep.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, if you put the diabetic cat on a raw diet, do you test his/her blood sugar to see how much insulin to give him/her?

Tired, bb tomorrow
Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #143
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Another drop this morning, 203.4, exciting!

Congrats!!

Stacey - Awesome!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #144

Hi ladies..

Still at 153..Maybe I should do something different..LOL..Ya think? Like cut down my cream in my coffee.....

We are going to have a cyber party when Buffy hits Onederland..199.. Can't wait..

Praying for Cindy and her "patients"..My cousin had great luck with the raw diet for her little kitty.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Another warm sunny spring day here in Dallas. I am ready to plant flowers but don't want to have to guard them every night, so, think I will wait just a couple of more weeks. They are so pretty in all the displays though.

Office work today and a household cleaning of some sort. Have been trying to do one cleaning thing per day, even if it is just cleaning out one drawer or shelf. Federation for the Blind is picking up on our street next week and I want to have stuff gathered up to put out.

Fasting BG of 95 sounds pretty good to me Carolyn, I think that is what DH's usually is around. I would have to go look at one of my lab reports to see what range it is supposed to fall in.

The victoza, even at the starting dose, is doing a great job of keeping my readings low, better than the byetta did. My Dr. will be happy. I felt much better yesterday so moved on up to the middle dose today. Tried to do that after 2 days like Dr. said I probably could but whoa, I really had the side effects then. Hoping my body has adjusted better by now. Weight still at 203.4 this morning so hope this settles and it can go on lower. You will probably hear me from Dallas whenever that scale says 199 instead of 200 something.

Just realized I stared taking the probiotics 2 weeks ago, do you think that has anything to do with helping the downward trend? TMI but I got the feminine ones for help with yeast and UTI and I can already tell it is helping in those areas. My daughter's OBG advised her to take them for that, why don't more Dr.'s advise this????? She has gotten great relief from taking them as well.

Have a great day everyone, the weekend is already almost here again.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #146

Oh, Buffy..Did you get your probiotics from Walgreens? What was the name of this brand?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #147

A cyber party sounds great and I'm sure it's going to happen pretty quickly. WTG Buffy!!

It's still warm here but very cloudy. I wouldn't be surprised to see storms roll in.

Went to Panera with DD for lunch. We both had the steak and blue cheese salad. I probably will just stick with my grilled chicken caesar from now on.

I made a batch of Low Carb Lemon Bars this a.m. 3g per bar. They're pretty good! I think portion control might be a problem though. I only made them to see if they were good. I might ask for those for my birthday cake. Unless I decide to just blow that day and have whatever I want. Decisions, decisions.

I was down a bit more today. 141.4! I haven't weighed this since Dec. 2008!! As I looked back through all my weight records it was obvious how my "window" shifted upwards in the last 3 years. I'd really like to bring that window back down permanently and keep it there.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Sandy, WTG, so what are you doing differently do you think?

Carolyn, I got the first probiotics from Walgreens, they had an ad a couple of weeks ago for one that was $24.99 but on sale for $10, and when you bought it, you got a walgreens coupon on future purchases for anything in the store for $10, thus making them free. Then, after reading more about probiotics and knowing I was trying to address yeast and UTI, feminine issues, etc., I decided to try another brand which I got at Vitamin Shoppe. Not sure if I can mention brands here but if you email me I can give you more info. I take one of each of them daily. DD has been on hers a month now and told me last night that it just gets better and better for the issues she was having. Makes me a believer for sure that they would benefit everyone.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #149

Well, what am I doing differently???? Helping DH eat better has helped me eat better. Plus, I gave up all alcohol for Lent except for on St. Pat's and my birthday. Of which neither has happened yet, lol. Weekends aren't so hard now b/c DH is eating right so that lessens my temptation plus I think I was "just ready" to get that extra weight off. I'm happy now so if I lose more than a few more pounds I'll have to start eating more of something. I don't really feel like I'm limiting my portions now; it's just I'm not cheating with anything.

I take a probiotic twice a day and my DD started taking them too a couple of years ago after hearing me rave about them all the time. Then she got her DD to start them too, lol. It's a family tradition! Lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #150

I'll FB you, Buffy, k? or you could FB me with the name..I don't know if I have those issues, but you never know.

Sandy: You are amazing....Hmmm..Is your dh on plan at lunchtime? You could buy him some ketone strips to see if he is burning ketones or not. He might have to do the Atkins '72 plan if he is really resistant....He might not be able to eat very many carbs at all..like 10 a day..

Yeah for KSU..They made it through the first round....WSU plays tonight. The game wasn't on our tv, so I signed up on the puter for $4.00 to be able to watch them all..
Not that I will..just if a good game is on and not on TV.