Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

The bars were a big gooey hit. I didn't have any left last night and brought the rest to my prayer group this morning, then gave them all away..

Hmmm..now I have to think of a recipe for a Dessert contest on Sunday along with our Chili cookoff..I won't do a LC one..I was thinking of strawberry pizza. Cake mix bottom/cream cheese mixture middle/strawberries arranged on the top with a glaze..What do you think???

Sandy: Dr. B. has a website, too..I hope your dh enjoys the book..

Buffy: Glad your meds are working out..I think simple is best when it comes to taking meds..Band is a great outlet for kids, too..

Gre: Yes, more information on the adoption..That is exciting...

MK: Ladies' trips are the best..

Cindy: Have you kittyfied your basement yet?

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #92

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We're off to have lobster spiedini tonight. No pasta, of course. I was down again this a.m. 142.8!! I'm quite happy with that. And I've been good all day.

Strawberry pizza sounds great! Pizza period sounds great! I'm hungry.

Magic jack is good so far. I'll try to keep you updated. I guess if I'm complaining you'll know, lol.

Gre, yes more on the adoption. You'll find we're a very curious bunch.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #93
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

The visit is slowly winding down.
DS23 went back to WI today . . .
Luckily DS19 will be here until Sunday.
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #94
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Carolyn, it's getting there. They are active boys so thank God there not a lot of glass stuff.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #95

Hi ladies..

Sandy, lobster anything sounds great to me..Yeah on your weight loss..

Cindy: You know what your kitty does, but it is like taking in new walking/meowing toddlers and you never know what they will find interesting..

MK: Is DS coming home for the summer? Is this the year he graduates???
Enjoy your little one a few days more..

Gosh, Baylor beat KU..My KU friends who went to the games will be crying in their Pepsis..too bad.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #96

Yes, it was a sad day for KU. Boohooo.

The lobster spiedini was very good! I was a bit irritated though that they upcharged up $4 each to have brocolli instead of the pasta!!??!! And our salads were 3.5 extra! So pretty pricey meal, even with a BOGO coupon. Oh well.

Stayed the same today! Woohooo!! Beautiful day. We'll probably go for a walk and enjoy the weather. Before it changes.

PS. DH is cracking me up! He's reading Dr. B's book and he's acting like he's never heard some of these things before. Hahaha. I've been spouting them for years!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
PS. DH is cracking me up! He's reading Dr. B's book and he's acting like he's never heard some of these things before. Hahaha. I've been spouting them for years!
Dearest Sandy, he has "never" heard them before, DH's don't listen to us, we talk and they hear "blah blah blah blah", don't you know that
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, I know my memory is terrible but Sandy, did I miss that your DH now has diabetes, or has he had it, or is he just doing this to lose weight? I could go back and figure this all out but of course it is easier to just ask.

Last edited by Buffy45; 03-10-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Day 4 of Victoza, normally you move up on the dosage after a week or so on the lowest, then the middle, etc., or something like that, but since I have been on byetta, my endo said to just move up after 2 days if I am feeling ok. So, this is my 2nd day on the middle dosage and tomorrow I will move on up to the highest if I do ok today. BS readings are lower yesterday and today than they were on byetta so that is good. My cousin just stayed at the middle dose, although my Dr. didn't mention that. He did say that if my control was better with this shot that maybe I could cut back on the metformin and I would rather do that as that is the med that messes with my tummy.

I was slowly slowly inching down on weight, this week I have had more of an appetite and bounced back up a couple of lbs. Hoping that reverses and I start losing again.

DGS 3 told his Nanny yesterday "don't be daft" when she suggested he wait to play with a certain toy. Now where on earth did he hear that?

Really been enjoying Netflix and this week watched a series "The Kennedys" that was on tv sometime back. Very good. Looking for more that will capture my heart like Downton Abbey but haven't found that yet. I did find Upstairs Downstairs and will revisit that, I saw some but not all of that series. And yes, I have probably been watching too much tv lately, but it is that or run around and spend money or acckkkk, WORK!!!

Cindy, 2 or more cats make much more of a ruckus than 1, there are times during the day or night that ours get to chasing through the house like little hurricanes!

Spring break for DGS 12 next week so he will be spending some time with me which will be fun.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #100

Hi gang..

Sandy: I had to laugh at your dh's comments..At least he is reading the book.
Our LC cruise will be full of lectures, and I'm sure dh will say..I never heard that before..LOL.

Buffy: Yup..move on up, girl. I would get the best control I could get..It would be great to lower the met if you could.

Took Mr. Alex to the vet's today...Lots of doggies/kittehs there this morning as it is a walk-in appointment..I made dh go with me. Alex had his shots/and his blood drawn (fun). The vet just called to tell me his kidney numbers were the same as last year, so what we are doing is working.. I was happy to hear this. Alex was glad to get home.

Ds is coming for dinner/Big 12 game..I wonder how it will go??? Baylor is looking pretty good..Watch out MU.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #101
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - he should graduate this year (knock wood) and hopefully get a job so he won't be home this summer. Actually he hasn't been home in the summer for a couple of years.

Buffy - too cute! DGS must be watching BBC!
I've seen the first season of Upstairs Downstairs. Really liked it!
I hope the meds work!

Sandy - of course he's never heard it before!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Howdy friends!!

Have been busy with the kiddos yesterday and today. Yesterday was mine and DH's 10 year anniversary. Didn't do anything since we went away last weekend. I was grumpy though since TOM is here. So it was better that we went last week!

Since TOM has been here, I have been super hungry. I chose to eat a lot of nuts last night instead of tortilla chips. I think that is a little victory. I am not weighing until TOM is gone.

As for the adoption, we have always talked about adoption, but after 3 kids in just over 3 years, we were DONE. So we thought! Last year we talked and prayed about it again and started the process in August. We are adopting one little boy from Uganda, Africa! We already have 2 girls (ages 7 and 5) and a boy (age 4). We will be put on the waitlist in a couple of weeks and hope to travel to get him by the end of the year. We will wait to get matched, so we have no idea what age he will be, but he will be 6months to 4 years old. You can read about it in my blog (in my siggy) if you want more details. We just can't wait to meet/see him. We know God has a little boy out there for us!
Gremom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for sharing Stacey, I admire anyone and everyone who is willing to give a home to a child in need.

Carolyn, glad Mr. Alex is done with all that for another year.

MK, seems like your kids just started leaving the next, now they are hurtling through college it seems, same with my 2 grandkids, it is going so fast.

Sandy, are you loving your new hair style? I sure like it on you.

Cindy, must be busy getting ready for her uh, stepcats, err, ex cats, oh, hmmm, anyway, we all know she will be a marvelous cat sitter.

Can't remember if I told you that DD#1 is moving in May, not far but they are moving from the town where the kids grew up to the town where they both work now and DGD goes to college, anyway, DGD is going to move home and takeover the walk out basement, she will pretty much have her own little place to call home and it will save everyone moolah. And, she is happy to be moving back home where they are cats to keep you company.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #104
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Buffy, that is funny! Yes, I remember when Poot and Rose were young, it would sound like a herd of elephants running thru the house. You would get up in the morning and rugs would be all askew and they would be pointing at each going, "She did it"! My main job is going to try to get diabetic boy off insulin.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #105
Princess Proofreader

Stacey - Hi! I don't think we've met yet, I'm Mary Kay!
I have 2 girls and 2 boys too!
I'm so excited for you and your new one!
If you get a 4 year old (or close) they'll be twins! (kinda)
So Exciting!

Buffy - I know!
College is going much too quickly!!!
How great for your DGD!!

Cindy - You'll be a great step-mom!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary Kay!!

Yeah, we have thought about having another 4 year old and that would be crazy!! But, it will be crazy to be back in baby world too if we get a little one. We don't care, but our minds can wander!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #107

Stacey, That is so cool. I hope your wait is not too long.

Buffy, No diabetes yet but his A1c tests have been creeping up and with his BP stuff he needed to lose about 10-? pounds. He's not even really overweight to me, but by the charts I guess he is a tiny bit. His BP is finally coming down; he's lost about 8? pounds and his BS is doing better too. So a lot of it is just proactive attacks. You know, get it before it gets you!!! This week was the 15th anniversary of his mother's stroke that put her in a wheelchair and speechless so he's pretty cautious about keeping his health in check. Most of the time.
My hair.......(big sigh) I went back this week to get the sides trimmed "just a little bit" and oh my!! That gal liked to scalped me!! Thank goodness my hair grows fast. It's super short now. But I'm getting used to it and it'll be so nice this summer. I doubt I ever go back to long hair again. For one thing, I think I might be getting too old for it. Ugh!! I can't believe I just said that!! But I will be 62 in 20 days! Yikes! How'd that happen???

We had the baby today. Only 4.5 hours and I'm exhausted!! We took him for a long walk, then came back and played. I fed him lunch and played some more. Then we took him to church. Thankfully DD & DSIL (his grandma & gpa) came too and sat with us. He played musical people all through mass but he was so good. No trips to the lobby OR the cry room. Victory!!!! Then we took him home and went to eat prime rib. NOT at our fav place and we won't go back to this place for the prime. We're spoiled now!!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #108

Hi gang..

Gre: Google Maria Emmerich..They just adopted 2 darling little African boys..
I'm not sure what country they are from. She is a LC expert and cook book author.

Sandy: Are you signing up for SS?? I did in November..LOL..Your dh is smart to get all those things under control before they get worse.

MK: What is your son's major? We will have to start the prayer chain for a job for him....

DGD will save lots of $$$ living at home and the cats will get more attention..It's a win, win.

Cindy: Your little guests come tomorrow, right? We need pictures..My cousin had a diabetic cat and put her on the raw diet and her diabetes disappeared.
She was an only cat and the cousin wasn't married, so there was lots of attention involved.

Chili Cookoff at church for a youth fundraiser..People make their chili all different ways, don't they? The simple recipe won..It was good.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gang..

Gre: Google Maria Emmerich..They just adopted 2 darling little African boys..
I'm not sure what country they are from. She is a LC expert and cook book author.

Chili Cookoff at church for a youth fundraiser..People make their chili all different ways, don't they? The simple recipe won..It was good.
Thank you! I will google away! I love google! And the chili cookoff sounds fun! We do that in the fall with our Sunday School class. I prefer a basic chili too.

Ho-hum day here at home. Everyone but me took a nap. The time change is messing with all of us. I just hope to go to bed early and get a good night's rest.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #110

The baby's birthday party was fun today but I don't think he was enjoying it very well. He got sleepy when it was time for presents, couldn't have cared less about the cake, and then after trying to put him down for a nap he got sick all over his daddy. Poor little guy. He goes into the ped tomorrow for a check-up. I bet he doesn't get his shots now but I hope the Dr checks him out very well!

And drum roll please........NO CAKE for me!!! I was a good girl all day long. And so was DH!!
And we just had salmon soup for dinner so we're done for the day.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #111
Princess Proofreader

We took DS19 to the Megabus and he went back to Chicago.
The house is REALLY quiet!

Carolyn - And yes, a prayer chain for DS23's job would be wonderful!
His major is Psych and he really wants to work in a hospital.

Sandy - congrats on an amazing day! And i need your inspiration for starting clean eating tomorrow.
If only there was a support group for those trying to eat well . . . . maybe we should start something!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #112

Oh..that tummy flu is going around our town, Sandy..Hope he is better tomorrow..Our youth pastor's family all got it..even the visiting grandparents from California

No cake is a good thing..

Gre: I'm tired too....and it was rather dreary out.

My dessert didn't win any prize.. I made HCarb Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites and the winner was a yellow cake with fruit and pudding and cool whip..Oh well...They were all gone..LOL..

Yup..will start praying for a good job for your ds....
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I am still eating one meal a day on the Carb Addicts Diet but today I goofed and ate fruit in the day thinking a fruit diet would be "healthier". I had tried it years ago and never lost and would gain VERY easily. On the Carb Addicts Diet I can fast and not get hungry until my one meal. Who here gets ravenous after fruit? OH MY WORD! I was worse off than if I had had nothing or a diet coke instead. No more. Tomorrow it is steak, salad, diet coke and ice cream for my reward meal carb. Totally satisfying.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #114

Hi ladies..

Still at 153, even after the chili cookoff and eating some Fritos, so I am happy..

Hmmm..oriana...What fruit did you eat? Barry says you can have fruit after a meal..The Sugar Buster diet said you can have fruit 2 hours away from a meal..But berries are the best fruit to have.

Beautiful day today..My plants are up..They look best in the spring.

Linda posted some coconut flour pancakes on her FB..Anyone see it? They looked wonderful.

Who is your pick for the NCAA tournie? Can Missouri really make it??? Should be interesting...
Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #115

I was back to 142.8 this morning. No cake seems to work pretty well, lol.

NO, we want KU!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Iíve had a busy couple of days so now I feel like Iím playing catch up. Iím switching up my food routine starting today so Iím eating my biggest meal first for breakfast, then a decent size lunch with a very small dinner/snack. Iíve been stuck in a rut gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for the past 9 weeks. I donít feel like itís a stall, Iíve had plenty of those before. So Iím going to see if this helps. Dinner is the hardest part because when my BF gets home from work heís hungry, super hungry, and wants a big dinner. (I think itís because heís doing weight watchers again. Heís losing weight faster but he always seems to be hungrier than when he does low carb with me.) So I have to cook dinner but instead of eating mine Iím just going to put it right in a Tupperware and save it for breakfast the next day. We will see how this goes, Iím really hoping it will break me past my stuck point.

Buffy: If you want to get rid of the monthly phone bill for your house but donít want to give up the number even though you donít use it much you can ask your cell phone provider if they can port your number to a prepaid cell phone. That would eliminate your monthly bills and you would only pay for the minutes you use on the phone. Then you just find a convenient location in your house to put that phone, plug it in, turn up the volume, and leave it there until it rings. If you donít use it you wonít have any charges and you get to keep your number just in case.

Gremom: I wish you a smooth adoption! Itís wonderful when people can take in a child in need.

Cindy: Good luck with the diabetic kitty! My last kitty was diabetic for her last 5 years (she was 19 when we put her down so she had a good long life) and that chubby little cat would not lose an ounce! We tried everything the vet suggested, special food, smaller portions, playing with her more, no more treats. And none of it worked. But she was a happy cat and she certainly made it to a ripe old age. I donít miss having to do the insulin shots though. Iím terrified of syringes and it was almost a mini-panic attack every time I had to give her a shot. Of course the cat didnít care less. My BF did it most of the time, I was just the back-up.
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #117

Jess: Let us know how the new eating plan is working....Dinner is the hardest..I like the idea of putting it in Tupperware and eating it in the a.m. or even at lunch. Great idea about the cell phone.

We can't get rid of our landline cuz our cell service is rather bad in our area of town.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #118
Princess Proofreader

Busy morning - walked at 7:15, showered, went to lifting class, ran errands, got everything ready for my dinner meeting, and now off to walk the dog.

It's a gorgeous 72į!!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #119

I've been sitting on the deck reading. It's so beautiful! And then I took Bailey for a long walk. I just finished a great book: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.

Mahi for dinner. I hope I don't ruin it, lol. I'm not a very experienced fish cooker but I'm trying to learn.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #120
Princess Proofreader

I loved that book Sandy!!!