Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

I've been good so far today..EXCEPT, I walked into McD's and the counter lady automatically made me a SF latte with whipped cream. Oh well..the milk will be my carbs for the day..LOL..

Exercised, now laundry and ironing while I watch Netflix..Finish Bible Study..Dh is gone, so no dinner worries.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
I take a swig of Bragg's vinegar for reflux when it gets bad, followed with water to rinse the vinegar off my teeth. I don't even mind it anymore. Really works to put out that fire for sure.

Yes, seems that everyone around here is sick, has been or is getting sick. We never did get a good freeze this winter and that is bad for the allergies.

My week is not so crazy as of now, I hope it stays that way, I am ready for a little slower pace for a while. Really in the mood for some spring cleaning, just have to actually do it.

MK, sure hope your Florida weather you are wanting finds you.

Sandy, your birthday dinner sounds like it was great.

Hi Cindy!!

Carolyn, how long will Rachel be staying?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #183

Hi..

Rachel was here for the weekend..She will come back for Spring Break for a few days.

Akkk...6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies just arrived. I will give them to my son to take to the office.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #184

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm a bad person. I never even order those evil cookies. I did send the rest of the cake with DH today. Not for him, but for his crew.

I bought an inversion table today. I'm hoping it'll help his back. He'll probably flip when he sees it, lol. It's sticking OUT of the back of my car!! When he was in PT and they would put him in traction and relieve that back pain he'd fall right to sleep! His surgeon said it might help him and it certainly wouldn't hurt him so.....

Anybody ever use one??

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #185
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I'm a bad person. I never even order those evil cookies. I did send the rest of the cake with DH today. Not for him, but for his crew.

I bought an inversion table today. I'm hoping it'll help his back. He'll probably flip when he sees it, lol. It's sticking OUT of the back of my car!! When he was in PT and they would put him in traction and relieve that back pain he'd fall right to sleep! His surgeon said it might help him and it certainly wouldn't hurt him so.....

Anybody ever use one??
My BF has one and he uses it after every workout. He feels that it helps stretch his back muscles out after they are tight from lifting. I got on it once when I was having back issues but didn't like it because I felt like my face was going to explode!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #186

I have an inversion table..Teeters..kind. Watch the video and read the instructions very carefully. I could never get "upside down" with it and it says to do it gradually and have your body get used to it. I think it is wise not to do this when you are alone in the house..just in case something goes awry. And, be sure to wear good shoes that won't slip off... Let me know how you like yours, Sandy..
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
I don't order GS cookies anymore, to be truthful, I never really liked any of them that well, but would order if it was from a little girl we knew, but this year nobody I know has approached me, just some girls who were outside of a Walgreens. I have just slipped them money before as well.

Just took the day off yesterday, got nothing done, so must get some things done today but don't have anywhere I need to go. I might run to Walgreen's, DD#1 has convinced me to take probiotics daily and I need to go and see what they have.

Not much else happening around here, glad to have a quiet week.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #188

Hi gals..

Yup, little blonde Brownie living across the street..I didn't even take them out of the bag to look at the "kinds" just passed it on to Brett to take to work...

I have the Walgreen's probiotics and like them. I need to remember to take them..duh.

How is the inversion experience going Sandy?

Making cupcakes for my little reader who made her goal. I will give them all away for sure.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #189

Buffy, I take the probiotics from the same place you buy that fish oil from. And I got my DD on them now too. I really believe in them.

Carolyn, we tried it last night and it felt great. We're not going to do it alone yet though so I haven't tried it today yet. And I have bunco tonight so don't know how much we'll use it tonight. It shows promise though. I'm glad I'd asked DH's Dr. about using one at his last visit.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #190

Good..Don't want to see you sliding down the table anytime soon..Slow and steady with this thing, I think..My chiro thought it was a great idea. Of course, my friend has borrowed mine..LOL.

Just chatted with Connie (Shawn's mom) and she is in a great deal of pain. The doctors can't figure it out..(duh). So, pray that the doctors can figure it out and give her some relief. She is in a small hospital unfortunately. She refused to go to the bigger ortho hospital where they do this surgery all the time..I don't know..

Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #191

Eeek..March is upon us..New name..??? I Rish I Was Skinny Challenge..LOL..This came into my very little brain..LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #192

That's a cute name Carolyn. It did take me a minute to get it, but I like it!

Poor Connie! I'd imagine that's a very painful surgery/recuperation type of surgery. I pray that she gets relief quickly and recovers fully.

Bunco tonight. I hope it doesn't storm while we're there. I like to be home during storms. I'm stuck at 145, ugh. And I'm NOT happy about it!! On the one hand I'm thankful, on the other hand I'm frustrated. It's so hard to move a set point!!! Down that is, it's not hard to move it up!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the name, took me a minute to get it as well.

Took one of my BBF's out for her birthday and we did a little shopping tonight.

Went to Walgreens and they had Ultimate Flora, reg $24.99 for $10, plus your got a $10 register reward towards next purchase, so got that brand b/c of price. Has a gadzillion of the good little critters in it so I expect fabulous results.

DD's OBG suggested that she take it, she was having a lot of trouble with yeast and discharge and was wearing panty liners each day, TMI I know, so her OBG said stop the liners immediately, that makes it worse and to take probiotics. Low and behold, it worked wonders for her. With my diabestes I fight yeast all the time. So, here goes. I expect to feel like a new person in the morning, I took the first one tonight,

Have a much anticipated massage tomorrow. This gal has a senior special of $35 for an hour and she is very good, can't beat that.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #194

That's a good price Buffy! I might run up and check it out at my Walgreens today. And your massage sounds wonderful. I have another scheduled for Tuesday. I wish I could find one that offers senior pricing though. That's nice!!

Still stuck at 145 today and I was perfect at Bunco!! I better drop at least .2 tomorrow. I need some visual affirmation.......NOW!!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, don't get on the scale for a few days, then you will get rewarded for being a good little girl! And it's hard to be perfect at bunco, wow!

Pretty sunny day here, will run some errands while I am out to get massage.

Took friend for her birthday dinner last night and we did a little shopping after, I found a really pretty top marked way way down at Coldwater. Cream colored lace, will look nice with about any jacket.

We will have a new page tomorrow, right Carolyn?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #196

Hi ladies..

Maybe Irish I Was Thin Challenge..rather than Skinny..As long as we get it, its okay.

I have the same priobiotics..Why do I forget to take them? Duh..

We had a big hail storm and one town didn't have electricity..Poor Branson is a mess with their tornado..No one died there..But 9 died somewhere else..So sad.

Well, Connie's nurse was in my Bible Study last night..She is one good nurse and told me that Connie wasn't moving around like she should and didn't want to do what she should exercise-wise..They have her full of pain pills..I talked to her yesterday and she sounded terrible. I will go over tomorrow and hope she is getting around..Bad to stay in bed all the time because of blood clots, etc..She is not in good shape physically because she never exercised and she is overweight..Hopefully, the rehab can work with her.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #197

I finally finished watching Downton Abbey. I really like that show. I was sitting here smiling at the end. When does it come back on?

Buffy, I have to weigh everyday. It's a long time ingrained habit. I'll just have to be patient. Which has never been my long suit.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #198

Sandy: I think it is next January that we have to wait for Season 3.. So glad the ending was happy, except for Mr. Bates and Ethel and Edith..

Starting a new thread.