Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
Busy day, facial and a little shopping around noon time, then finish up the details for the party and be there at 5:00 to get it all set up. DD#3 can't come as she and Ava are sick with a stomach bug and she was bringing the meat dish, so I need to come up with something for meat.

Was mourning the end of Downton Abbey last night with DD#1 and she said that DGD had just watched a good series called The Forcyte Saga, so I looked it up on Netflixs and it is very good too, don't think quite as good as Downton but set in the last 1800's in London with the upper class and is very good, I watched 4 episodes of the 1st season last night and stayed up way too late.

Supposed to be 80 here today and it is very pretty out so I am afraid we don't have much winter left, probably none.

Sandy, you can find the episodes you missed on PBS.org., like Carolyn said.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Thanks for the headsup on the the Forsythe Saga..? I am waiting for a snowstorm to watch lots of tv..I loved A Touch of Frost..loved that series..It is wonderful..

Yes, I am airing out Rachel's comforter now..Wonderful weather..

Hope you find some meat..There is always fried chicken from a restaurant...

Exercised, read with my kids..now to start the cleaning process for company.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #153
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Went to an out of town doc yesterday about my high cholesterol and ended up with a carotid artery scan.
I should have the results today or tomorrow . . . .

leaving for Florida on Saturday .....

Made it to noon Mass, ran a bunch of errands, tried on capris and shorts - all of which are tight because i haven't been doing much cardio this winter and all the squats and lunges have rounded out my butt!

Wonder if they'll stretch?

I need to try on tops since my shoulders are so much bigger - and my biceps too . . .

This body-building is a good idea, isn't it?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #154

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I got my hair all chopped off today!!! I mean major change. Back to the way I wore it a few years ago though. It's an inverted bob. DH might be a bit shocked even though every single day on vacation I said "I'm getting my hair cut off when we get home". He's heard that so much I don't think he believed it anymore, lol. It will be so much easier!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #155

Hi ladies..

Oh, MKay..keep us posted on your test results..Not fun..and I guess you are extremely buff right now. Holy smokers..Stretchy ones will stretch, but the others won't..Will you have to buy new clothes???

Sandy: Good for you..Sounds cute. I'm all about short hair and the ease of taking care of it.

Well, Beth's motherinlaw was supposed to have hip replacement surgery today. They did her bloodwork last night and found out she has a special kind of blood with anti-bodies in it (she had a blood transfusion 3 weeks ago), so they had to send to Wichita
to get the blood..So, surgery will be tomorrow afternoon..Prayers would be appreciated.
She was supposed to have the surgery 2 weeks ago, but they left the instruments out too long in the operating room, so they "woke her up" and sent her home. Hmmm???

Old 02-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #156

Sandy's hair looks great..Check her out on FB...
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #157

Thanks Carolyn, I put it as my new avi too.

I talked to DD today, they're having a great time in Mazatlan. They'll be home Saturday and everybody is coming here for dinner Sunday. It'll be nice to have us all back home again.

Did I tell you all that my DGS and his wife are expecting a new baby? Not until Sept so it's going to be a while. She's terribly sick and nothing is helping her. I feel so sorry for her.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, your haircut makes you look younger, it really does, I love it. I love that hair style and tried to wear it but my hair is so fine that it doesn't quite have the body for it. It is such a classy, classic do.

See if your DGD in law can tolerate ginger tablets. She may not be able to stand them but they do help settle your tummy.

Carolyn, sounds like you are starting on spring cleaning, I sure need to do that.

MK, keep us posted on these new tests, but glad they are getting to the bottom of it.

The mad Men party was a great success, I think we really did surprise the birthday girl and we all had a lot of fun. One gal hadn't watch Mad men and came as a hippie, but real authentic hippie clothes from the 70's so she looked really cute. Will post a picture as I get some of them from the ones taking pixs.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #159

Buffy, thank you!!
What do you mean by "tolerate". What would the side effects be from the ginger? I'll go buy her some if she'll take them, poor girl is so sick!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #160

Sandy...Go to a big drugstore and get some Sea-bands..You put them on your wrist on a special place (instructions included), and they are supposed to be great for nausea..

I love your haircut...so much, Sandy.

Buffy....I loved your party picture on FB..You gals looked like you had lots of fun.

Dh forgot his cell phone, so I am going to bring it to him and he buys me lunch..What a deal..LOL.

But, that mucks up my cleaning plans as Rachel is coming..Have to work extra hard this p.m.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.

By tolerate, stand the taste, etc. of them. They don't taste bad, nor great, but they really work great on my tummy if it is upset. My DIL knows about and believes in using ginger for upset but she was so sick she couldn't even bear taking these when she was pregnant. Hopefully your GDIL will just have this for a month - 3 months and then feel better. My DIL was sick for about 6 or her 9 months, poor thing.

Arrggghhh, there is a fly in my office, guess it is spring, the buzzing is about to drive me nutso!

Supposed to drive down to Austin later today but right now am sooo tired from getting ready for that party and all that I would really like to delay it until tomorrow morning, have a call into my son to see what the plans are. I need to get all of this stuff put away before I leave but if I have to, I will just shove it into the guest room until I get back.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #162

I agree on the ginger..Either you like it or it bothers you. I like a very mild ginger tea from time to time.

Well, Connie's sister, Judy had a stroke this morning..She lives in Joplin and is single, but lost a leg to cancer in her youth. Can you believe it? They told Connie, she was going to cancel her surgery, but then decided to go ahead and have it done. So prayers for Judy and Connie will be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #163
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #164
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - great hair!!!

Carolyn -

Buffy - Flies are annoying, but Spring is awesome!

Cindy -

I forgot to call today for the results and no one called me!
Maybe after my trip - i leave for Florida on Saturday!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Call tomorrow MK, I am so impatient when it comes to test results.

Carolyn, what sad news, best wishes to both of them.

The fly flew away out the door, thank heavens, guess he wanted to experience our spring weather too.

Hit Dillard's 40% off of clearance prices yesterday and got a coat that was marked down from $159 to $32, whoo hoo. Had been watching it since New Year's, it is for cold weather and I will only wear it when I go to Colorado or north somewhere, so wanted it for a bargain price. Just a warm, all weather below the hip style with a furtrimmed collar.

DS said to wait and come tomorrow which has allowed me to get things put away, and can rest tonight before I drive down in the morning, much better.

Have not made any plans for dinner, ugh, hate it when I don't know what to fix and nothing sounds that good, or worth working over, LOL.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #166

That's when it's time to make reservations Buffy!

Yes, MK, call tomorrow. I'd be too impatient to wait until after vacation. How long are you gone for? And thanks!

Carolyn, will be praying for Connie and Judy. So sad.

Hi Cindy!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #167
Princess Proofreader

I'll be gone for a week - trying to pack but no clue what to bring!
It's supposed to be high 60's with rain and then get warmer (I hope)
So jeans, capri's, shorts, long sleeves, short sleeves . . . .
Old 02-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #168
Princess Proofreader

Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Had to set my alarm at 7 so I can leave to drive to Austin, found out my hair appt. is at 2:30 instead of 4:00, so good thing I talked to the kids yesterday. Got my stuff done, things put away and a restful evening at home so now I am ready to go again, well, almost. I am not a morning person and just like to sleep until I naturally wake up but that doesn't fit most of the world's schedule, I wish I could wake up early and go to sleep early.

Yes, Sandy, that is when you make reservations but I didn't even want to go somewhere to eat, so DH just put some hot dogs on the grill and we had that and some chips, was great, hadn't had a hot dog for a long time.

Weight has been 207 the last 2 mornings so I think it is sticking, now ready to move down to 206, that hint I saw one morning of 205.8 has me thinking it is going to go on down a little more. So glad to get unstuck at 210, I just could not shake that, it was that or higher.

Ugg, gas going back up up up, why???? And did I mention my heating gas bill, I am an angry bird about that bill. This winter has been soooo mild and last year it was a cold winter. I have shut off 2 of the bedrooms and closed their vents so they stay fairly cold, I have lowered the thermostat to 68 instead of 71, got our bill and usage says the same as last year for the month of January???? I need to call on that, sometimes I think they don't even read your meter, just take a number based on past usuage. Same thing when we got new expensive windows, barely a change. Coffee with my whine?

Well, probably won't be on much until the first of the week, have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #170

Have a good trip Buffy. Drive safe!

MK, have a great vacation! I always overpack too, it's just part of traveling, right?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #171

Hi ladies..

Busy day..Just got home and did my vaccuuming..Rachel will be here in an hour.

Oh...MKay..Make sure you take a jacket, too..and some long pants and maybe a hoodie..I hate being cold on vacation and you never know..Have a great time.

Buffy: Safe travels to Austin to you.

Thanks for the Connie and Judy prayers. Connie's dd called me last night and said all went well with her total hip replacement. She had some tissue damage in her hip, but the doctor was pleased with the surgery. Will hear about Judy tomorrow..

KC peeps..My kids love that French restaurant..Le Fou or something like that.
Have you ever been? Sandy: What is that steak restaurant you like? I will mention it to Beth tomorrow when we see her.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #172

Le Fou Frog? No, we've never been. Hmmmm, fav steak place? We love the Brazilian steakhouse on the Plaza, called Fogo de Chao? Or that new one with the prime rib we like is Dodge City Distillery in Olathe. Is it one of those? We also like Hereford House, Jess & Jim's and even Outback. We just like to eat out, lol.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #173

Yep, Le Fou Frog is the name..I think it was Dodge City..I'll have to mention it to her.

We have never been to the Frog, but she and Shawn go on special occasions..They like to eat out, too..
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #174
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Did I tell you all that my DGS and his wife are expecting a new baby? Not until Sept so it's going to be a while. She's terribly sick and nothing is helping her. I feel so sorry for her.
Has she tried the prescription, Zofran? It is an anti-emetic that is approved for pregnancy.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #175

I'm not sure what she's taking but it's from her OB so that's probably what it is. It's not working very well though. She was really sick yesterday. I remember how sick I was with my 2nd child and having a little one to take care of at the same time. And I didn't have a job outside the home. I really don't know how she does it! I did get medicine that was like a miracle drug which made me all better, but that's one of those that they no longer prescribe due to bad side effects on the baby. Thankfully, my son didn't have any but I only took it one month. And I don't remember the name; it was a pink and blue pill which I thought was cute at the time, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 02-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm home, will get all caught up tomorrow.

Hair is freshy colored and trimmed.

Michael and Ollie not feeling well and Emily very tired from being up a lot with the baby and working. But, he took 2 great naps snuggled against Mema today and felt better when I left tonight.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #177

Hi..

Welcome home, Buffy..Glad your hair is in tip top shape..Sorry about your family being sick..Sickness is everywhere..I'm afraid.

Had a nice weekend..Saw Beth and Shawn and they met Rachel on Saturday for lunch.
All went well..Shawn's mom Connie is doing okay at the hospital..It will be a long haul as she can't put any weight on her operated leg for 6 weeks..Eeek..That is alot of hopping. Luckily she has a little cart for her home use.

Morning sickness is the worst thing..Did you get a chance to look for the Sea Bands?
Hope and praying that she feels better soon..

Tomorrow is Monday and I need to start shedding some weight. fast. Think I'll do a clean induction for a couple of weeks. Dh will be gone all week, so it is good time to start..
Old 02-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #178

I saw the new mommy to be today. She felt better today but did ask the names of those items again. My aunt suggested 2 tsp of ACV in a glass of water to sip on. She said it works wonders! I tried to send some ACV home with DGDinlaw but she couldn't see herself drinking vinegar, lol.

The whole family came today to finally celebrate DD's birthday which was in mid-January. She wanted to wait until they got back from vacation. They got back at 2 a.m. this morning!! I fixed lasagna and made a separate small batch with Dreamfields and low sodium sauce for DH and me. It was very good. The lemon curd cake however was NOT low carb, low sugar or low salt! But I only had a very small piece and went for another long walk after everybody went home. I also took one this a.m. before starting the cooking.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #179

I think when you are pregnant, ACV doesn't sound too great..I drink it from time to time and it helps with indigestion, but probably not the pregnant kind of indigestion.

I love lemon..anything..That sounds wonderful, Sandy..

Off to iron..Dh is going to Hotlanta for a week for a wood pellet convention.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #180
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I think when you are pregnant, ACV doesn't sound too great..I drink it from time to time and it helps with indigestion, but probably not the pregnant kind of indigestion.
I thought that too!