Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh..Chicago is a great musical..Have fun.

Yup, Debra is out of surgery....Yipee..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #122
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Made the mistake of weighing myself today. Up 6 pounds to 128. Did I tell you we had Giordono's pizza for V-day.....with cherry pie and ice cream!!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #123

Yes, Cindy..Pizza and cherry pie would make me gain, too..That's okay.. You are doing so well...

Dh still hasn't figured out if he is going to buy another car or fix up the old one..Think..think..think. Locally, we can't find a good used one that we want..He likes a 6 cylinder Camry..Hard to find. We might have to go to Kansas City..

I think Brett will come over today for the game..He has 2 weeks of Canadian laundry with him..LOL..working on machine laundry..

I am still at 152..Where is that chisel?

Have a good day..Dying my hair..Wonder what color it will turn out? I just pick browns..so it is not too shocking.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
Loved the movie Chicago and love the music but I haven't seen it on stage, that would be great.

205.8 this morning. Not sure what is going on this week but I am taking it and running with it. Scared it will find me and jump back on and attach the fat, LOL.

Cindy, give it a couple more days, you usually eat clean so that probably is just sitting there waiting to see if you are going to let any carby friends join the pizza and cherry pie!

DGS spend the night and is waiting for me to fix him something to eat, we both slept very late. Hmmm, we both stayed up very late.

Have a wine tasting party to go to tonight and a few errands to run either today or tomorrow, not sure which, it is rainy today.

One of my friends posted a link to an article on benefits of coconut oil and was in wonderment, wondered if anyone else had seen that? We who do or know low carb are so ahead these days
Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, you and DH sound very senseable about your car choices, you must have a good mechanic who can keep your cars running in good condition at a reasonable price, that is the trick to keeping cars a long time. We have or had a good mechanic, DH went by yesterday and his shop is gone, and he isn't answering his phone????

Anyway, Camry's are such good cars.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #126
Always on, slightly off

I thought I posted this but maybe I didn't. They make fun of me at work because sometimes breakfast is 3/4 of a pound of bacon. I'm not LC but I am reduced carb to about 40%. Anyway, checked my cholesterol as the last time I checked it, it was 171 total and that was a number of years ago, pre-bacon. My total is now 119 and my HDLs are 54 so my ratio is VERY good. I won't die of heart disease but will of nitrate poisoning!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #127

I love bacon...I love your breakfast, Cindy..I think it does keep you full, too..Great numbers.

Buffy: I think your metformin is helping you lose...Hurrah!!!

Oh, yes, we are on a first name basis with our mechanics..I don't even have to say who I am when I call..LOL.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #128
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Cindy - that's awesome! I wish mine were that good!

Buffy - is your mechanic on vacation??
And keep going on your loss! So cool!

Carolyn - what color are you?!

Watching a movie tonight - Cold Comfort Farm.
Anyone seen it?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #129
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Cindy - that's awesome! I wish mine were that good!

Buffy - is your mechanic on vacation??
And keep going on your loss! So cool!

Carolyn - what color are you?!

Watching a movie tonight - Cold Comfort Farm.
Anyone seen it?
She was Caucasian when I met her!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #130
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
She was Caucasian when I met her!

Ahem.

her hair!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Ahem.

her hair!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon!
DH said the mechanic shop was closed but it looked like they had moved out. Perhaps they moved locations but not sure why he isn't answering phone, will get in touch with another customer we know.

I fixed 2 lbs of bacon on the grill the other night, ala our Sandy's instructions and we had BLT's for dinner, so good. Cindy, your cholesterol proves it all. I keep telling people with high cholesterol to just take mega doses of fish oil but most of them don't believe me. I think it could be any of the good oils that we all know are good for us but the general rule of things says they are not.

I think it is a mix of things that are helping me lose right now. 5 months ago I increased the metformin and started taking my thyroid med correctly so that very very slowly brought my weight down several lbs. Then, this last pen of byetta seems to be doing a number on my appetite and I have been using it for 2 weeks. Although they should all be the same, some pens seem stronger than others and this one is one of them, I have very little appetite and am taking full advantage of it. Seems that if I get a little weight off from something like this, then it will kind of stabilize and if I am careful, I can hold it there. I am switching to victoza from byetta after this pen and for my cousin, that gave her another round of weight loss, so that is why I am thinking I will actually see onderland this spring/summer.

Went to a wine tasting last night which was a lot of fun and quite a night. It was a cold rainy night, sounds like the beginning of a horror movie, right? LOL. I hadn't made arrangements to ride or pick anyone up, my usual running buddy is out of town and my car was clean so DH asked me to just take his Hummer so I wouldn't get my car dirty. Oh, I hate to drive that big ole thing but I did. Party was out in the country so between the rain and the dark it was really hard to see, and, they had changed the entrance into her housing neighborhood, so first of all, I missed the turn. Called her, she got me back on track and to her house. We were all supposed to be there no later than 7:00. We waited, and waited for the wine lady to arrive, she finally shows up 2 hours late. Course we were all having a fun time visiting but the hostess was getting pretty irritated. Then the wine lady proceeds to drop an expensive bottle of red wine on the tile in my friend's kitchen, had to take the time to clean that all up. Finally about 10:00 we get started, and she had TWELVE wines to taste, 12!!!! The ones I had been to before had a maximum of 6. Needless to say, we just took a sip and poured out the rest, and this lady drones on and on about each wine, the barrells, etc., which I am sure she was supposed to do but by then a 3-4 of the guests had not poured out any of their wines and were getting tipsy and loud and it kind of fell apart as far as the wine lady having much control, but, I have to say, it was a lot of fun, good food, good wine and chocolate to go with the dessert wine, quite an evening. Didn't get home until about 1:00 AM. Thank heaven's it had quit raining by the time we left and I could see well to get home. Oh what a night, da da da, ta, da da la la la.

DD is bringing Bobby and Ava out this afternoon and Bobby (3) is spending the night with Mema so it will be a fun day. I had better get ready for them to arrive.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #133

Hi gals..

LOL..my hair turned out medium brown..no red yet..Wait until I wash it a couple of times..

Buffy: Your wine party adventure sounds like a nightmare for the hostess..
Glad the guests had fun..I'm sure there are a lot of tired peeps this morning..

After deliberating...all weekend..to himself..We are getting the car fixed. I told him that after a year or so we can trade it in and at least get a little bit on a new car. That's a good thing..He only uses the car to go to work..and back.

Mexican for lunch..I'm not stuffed, so that is a good thing. Will do some Wii Fit in a minute to burn off any chip sugars..

When is our Sandy coming home, ladies?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #134

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm Bacccckkkkkk!!! But only under duress, lolol. We had a wonderful 2 weeks. We had a lovely Valentine's dinner right on the beach and it was delicious! I weighed this a.m. and was only up 3.8# which I don't think is too bad at all. And today I've been 95% good, lol. I'm going to try to get back on the straight and narrow this week for sure.

MK, sorry to hear about your mom. It's so hard knowing what to do, but try not to second guess what you do decide. I think our generation has learned one thing from our parents; we'll make our own decisions while we can so our kids don't have to.

Carolyn, bummer about the car. We know our mechanic pretty well too, lol.

Buffy, glad you had a great trip. Love the candy name. And Happy belated anniversary.

Cindy, You're such a good cat momma. And I love your cholesterol numbers. DH's have already dropped a lot too. And thanks for that lab tip. Worked great!

I know I've left something out; I just skimmed quickly through all the posts and I know I didn't absorb it all. But I'm glad to be back home and I really did miss you all.

I got to see the baby today. He started walking while we were gone!! And of course, he's still the cutest baby in the world!! Lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #135
Princess Proofreader

BACK Sandy!!
Pictures??

Cindy - what lab tip?

Buffy -
But, oh, that poor hostess!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

WELCOME BACK TO SANDY, YOU WERE MISSED!!!

yes, what lab tip, I missed it too.

MK, is it already March, I knew Feb. was a flying....

Carolyn, glad your hair turned out brown, not green or pink but these days, anything goes, so we really don't have to worry too much.

Bobby finally fell asleep about 10:00, was such a good boy tonight and 3 year olds do say the funniest things.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #137

Hi gals..

Welcome back, Sandy...Wowza..Two weeks of vacation is amazing..Glad you had great fun and only gained some water weight..That is super. Glad your dh's numbers are good, too. Did you know that sweet Rose kitteh (Cindy) went to heaven?

Yes, brown is a good color for me..Too dark and it is not good. Yes, March is fast approaching, isn't it?

I'm sure Bobby gets all excited at Mema's house, but hopefully he will sleep a little later this morning, Buffy.

Yup..bummer about the car..But it is okay..We don't really want to invest in a new one right now since we can probably eeek out some more time with the 93..Camrys will last a long time. The problem was that dh didn't change the transmission fluid in it and it ruined the transmission...Lesson learned right there.

Opps..I was coerced into being the secretary for a church ladies' group..Now I have to write up the minutes this a.m...I will just highlight the important parts and forget the
chatting part..

Yes, MKay, I hope your mom has a good week..Is she eating much?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #138

Sorry, I should've clarified the "lab tip" comment. She just told me about a local walk in lab here where DH can go get his blood checked. No tips on making any numbers different. Except maybe by eating 3/4 of a pound of bacon for breakfast, lol. Now that's a good tip!! I sure wish I had some cooked up for my breakfast this a.m.

I have to say it feels kind of nice to wake up by myself this a.m. and quietly have my coffee as I do my Bible study and check my messages. I just hope my DH has a good day too. The first day back is always hard for him as he catches up and fixes what needs fixed from his absence.

Yes, I knew about poor Rose kitty. And it sounds like she's dealing with more kitty problems again. I think she really does have an old age pet home going there, like she said one day. She's a wonderful pet momma though which is great for all her furry friends.

I'll try to get some pics posted soon. I really have to catch up on a few things today and I have Dr. and dentist tomorrow plus meeting the girls for a late lunch I think.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Drive by hello this morning!

Bobby did sleep a little late and is playing quietly but I need to get busy as I have to meet his Mommy to return him at 11:45. When I went to check on him before I went to bed there were toffee crumbs all over his bed . When I asked him this morning what that was that I found in his bed he gave me this angelic, sweet little smile and said "I found some toffee Mema and it is my faaavoritttteee candy and I had some", now how can you find fault with that? Mema's fault for not putting things up, I had put some on the dresser in that room as I usually keep the door closed and it is cooler in there. Hmmm, hope the chocolate comes out of the cream colored sheets!

More later, can't wait to see your pics when you have time Sandy.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #140

Hi..

Yup, those walk-in labs are great and the nice part is YOU get the results and don't have to go through the doctor.

Bobby.....LOL..I think chocolate comes out if you get it right away and put some spray on it before washing..

Yes, pictures are always great.. and being alone is kinda nice, too..Sandy..I hear ya.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
May I join you ladies? I gained twenty lbs since March 11 of last year. I was afraid to eat any foods because of Fukushima, except those that had been processed already. It was horrible after losing 70 lbs, Now I am working a nightmare job 12 hours a day. I really want to get back down. I haven't weighed myself since the 20 lb gain last week. It is time though to get disciplined again and care about myself even if I am treated like a worker drone at work. I need to get a grip on my self esteem and discipline. I have only worked there since December 1 and it is the worst. I have gained at least seven lbs in two months.

I am going to drink unsweetened Almond Milk with some kind of stevia flavoring in it and add an egg or something to get enough protein. I can't eat meat any more because I don't trust it. Even veggies, I am leary of. So I have just been eating the worst kinds of foods because the grain in the silo's didn't have fallout in them. But I also know for a fact that the almond milk supply is good.

Now that you know how eccentric I am... (I really am not) may I post my successes here? I am starting my calenetics right now! It works! Please help me...
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #142

Ok, I hope this works. I made an album of a few pics.

Puerto Vallarta Feb 2012 pictures by sjl330 - Photobucket
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #143
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Ok, I hope this works. I made an album of a few pics.

Puerto Vallarta Feb 2012 pictures by sjl330 - Photobucket
I want that shrimp burrito!!!! You noticed how I zoomed right in on the food pics!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #144

I have many more but hated to tempt people too much. And that burrito was fantastic!! DH had the smoked marlin and it was great too! I'm actually glad we don't have that restaurant around here, lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Loved your pictures on FB Sandy, especially the before and after fish one, hahahaha! Scenery is wonderful. So glad you had another great trip there.

Welcome Anythingwilldo, we will be glad to share your success with you.

Well, the surprise birthday party we are planning for tomorrow night has a glitch, everyone we invited can come, huge success! The food and decorations are done and ready, huge success! Now the birthday girl has told the other hostess that she doesn't think she can come to "dinner club" tomorrow night as it is ash Wed. and she wants to go to church and doesn't want to ask her boss to get off early. So now, I have to get a hold of her DH and maybe her boss to get that taken care of, always something!

Other hostess suggested delaying it for a night, which I can't do and with about a dozen people coming I said no anyway, if all else fails, we will tell her and get her to church somehow before it.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #146

Hi gals..

Sandy, thanks for sharing these pictures with us..Yes, Cindy, I zoned in on the shrimp burrito and the chocolate tamale..LOL..Our cruise stops at Cozumel..have to see what there is to do there..

Buffy: You might have to tell the truth and tell her to act surprised..LOL..Sounds like a fun night..

Anythingwilldo: Welcome and where do you live? Don't read Wheat Belly or you won't have anything to eat because of the damage wheat does to our bodies.
I will have to google that word that you mentioned. I guess I like food too much to worry about it..Hope you can figure out what to eat and be healthy with it.
We are happy you are here, tooo...

Off to Bible Study..Cya later.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #147

Did we all watch the last Downton Abbey episode??
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yes Carolyn, that is when little Bobby got into the toffee and got it all over his bed, b/c his Mema was so engrossed in Downton Abbey, . My own fault, who leaves a 3 year old in a room that has a package of toffee on the dresser and expects him to quietly read his little book

Wow, it was soooo good, I have enjoyed that series so much, now am at a loss as I finished that and then Mad Men as well. Need another series that is as good as both of them were. Wonder when Downton will return, I know there is going to be a new season.

Like my DD said, they crammed in a few too many things, then just kind of glossed over them, but maybe they will reappear next season, like the one who was trying to claim the Lordship of Downton Abbey, he disappeared easily, and so did Jane, the housemaid.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #149

I haven't watched them yet. I think I still need to watch 3. My DVR did NOT record them while I was gone. Grrrr!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #150

LOL..Bobby knew he could take advantage of Mema's toffee when Mema was hooked to the tv. Yes, your dd is right..Where is that guy? Will he come back??? Will Edith marry him if he comes back?

Sandy...I think you can watch it on PBS..but the last 2 episodes were 2 hours each..