Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #91
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Buffy - Happy Anniversary!! That's wonderful!

Carolyn - we're going to see the new Reese Witherspoon movie and have popcorn for dinner! I also bought DH an Amazon Kindle gift card and possibly a cookie if I get out today.
The snow is melting though! Yay!

Buffy - thanks. I'll keep you posted, but she seems to be holding her own right now.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Happy Anniversary to you.. 30 years of happiness is a good thing and time does fly..Keep us posted on the toffee...You should make some bacon toffee..LOL..Vanessa has a recipe for chocolate covered bacon that looks wonderful.

Popcorn for dinner is a great idea. My mouth is watering even as we speak.
I hope you are getting the big one.. refillable, too.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #93
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I had ordered a heart shaped pizza from Giordano's in Chicago so we had that and I made a cherry pie with heart shaped cut outs on top. Not exactly diet friendly!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #94
Princess Proofreader

DH and I went to see This Means War tonight!
It was really good!!!

And only a medium popcorn - but I got the combo (regular, cheese and caramel combined!)
Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #95
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Busy day - exercise, bank, PO, pedi, mom visit, credit union .....
Old 02-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Happy Anniversary to you.. 30 years of happiness is a good thing and time does fly..Keep us posted on the toffee...You should make some bacon toffee..LOL..Vanessa has a recipe for chocolate covered bacon that looks wonderful.

Reminds me, DS sent a picture of the Valentine card he received from Ollie (1), it said:
"I love you more than Bacon"
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,
Had a very nice dinner last night but dear me, I can't do justice to that type of meal anymore. Thankfully, after 66 years of living, my appetite has went from gigantic, to almost gigantic to big normal, to normal, to less than normal to very small these days. I only had cottage cheese for lunch but still, could only eat about 1/4 of my meal, although it was very good but oh, so rich. House salad with avocado ranch, filet with a crabmeat sauce, mashed potatoes, asparagus, ending with a brownie ice cream sundae with decaf. So, we brought it home and DH can have it for dinner tonight, I just don't eat that rich of food anymore and it doesn't even sound good as a leftover. You would think my weight would fall off but it seems cemented on me.

Didn't get my toffee made yesterday so must do that today, finish the laundry and at least get sorted through this mess on my desk.

Cindy, your Valentine dinner sounds yummy.

MK, was the movie good? I am so behind on movies although I have been giving my tv a workout catching up on Mad Men, almost through season 2 now. DD says season 3 turns kind of dark.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I had ordered a heart shaped pizza from Giordano's in Chicago so we had that and I made a cherry pie with heart shaped cut outs on top. Not exactly diet friendly!
You are such a nice lady..I'm sure it was well appreciated. Now, you made my mouth water for cherries..LOL

MK: Only a medium sized popcorn? But, you have fancy kinds..Glad you liked the movie.

Buffy: Does Ollie get to eat bacon yet?? Cute card. Now, I'm in the mood for bacon..LOL..Luckily, I have some. Your dinner sounded wonderful. It is a good thing that your appetite is smaller..Mine is too..It does help a bit, I think..

Hope Sandy is having fun in the sun.....
Old 02-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #99

Dinner will be almond pancakes and bacon..Just sayin'..Thanks to Mr. Ollie.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds good Carolyn, if you have a good recipe for almond pancakes, please pass it on, I have a lot of almond flour I need to use up.

I'm not sure about Ollie but he eats almost anything now, he has a mouthful of teeth so probably.

I don't think any of our movie theaters have fancy smancy popcorn like that. Yum
Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #101
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Reminds me, DS sent a picture of the Valentine card he received from Ollie (1), it said:
"I love you more than Bacon"

Now I want bacon too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

MK, was the movie good? I am so behind on movies although I have been giving my tv a workout catching up on Mad Men, almost through season 2 now. DD says season 3 turns kind of dark.

Dinner sounds amazing! but you're right - I could eat it for 3 days!!

Yes, the movie was very good!!

Quote:
Dinner will be almond pancakes and bacon..Just sayin'..Thanks to Mr. Ollie.

Quote:

MK: Only a medium sized popcorn? But, you have fancy kinds..Glad you liked the movie.
Yep - only medium!
It's a small arts theater - only 3 screens - but amazing popcorn - even bacon popcorn!!!
They also have nachos, sliders, cupcakes, pretzel bites . . .

All my errands are finished - including going to my mom's.
I switched her from Full Code to DNR. Now I'm wrestling with the decision . . .
Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #102

Hi..

Betty (minlaw) put herself on DNR. She was the only one in the AL place that did it.
I was proud of her. Heaven is a great place to be..much better than on life support in the nursing home, so it was an easy decision for Betty. You just have to be at peace with that, MKay. Has your mom ever talked about it?

Other subject..

Almond Pancakes by Laura Dolson

1 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. of baking powder
2 T. oil
1 T. sweetener

Mix ingredients together and cook as you would other pancakes. Laura likes to use
a non-stick pan with a little oil These pancakes won't bubble like the regular ones.
Flip when done on one-side.

Makes 2 servings.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #103

Pancakes were a big hit..It made 6 smallish ones..
Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #104
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - No - she didn't talk about it. She had herself on Full Code and she can't make the decision now . . . .
Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Carolyn - No - she didn't talk about it. She had herself on Full Code and she can't make the decision now . . . .
No, she probably can't..My mother put herself on this, but her Alzheimer's hadn't gotten that bad.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
Oh MK, what a hard decision but that would be mine as well. I don't want my kids to see me linger when the time comes, it was so hard last summer with my brother and he didn't linger that long, but when it is time, I think we need to let them go.

Thanks for the recipe Carolyn, might make that today. Think I will fry mine in a little Buttah!

All the hubbub over Paula Deen, butter didn't give her diabetes for heaven's sake. It was all the carbs and processed food.

On that note, made 10 lbs of candy yesterday and my new one turned out great. I have named it Peanut Crunch, it is my regular toffee but poured over a sheet completely covered with chopped/whole peanut, then covered with a layer of milk chocolate. Kind of a peanut brittle with chocolate coating. I got the idea from some See's candy that I had tried and had a bar of, so when I finished I broke up the See's bar, then some of my new recipe, and had DH taste both. He liked the peanuts in it and then said, "that one is too sweet or something, kind of leaves an aftertaste", I like the other one better. Success, the one he didn't like as well was the See's one and trust me, it was good. So, I think I have a third one to add to my line up. Have to package and get what I made yesterday ready to deliver and ship today, when I left AZ I had orders to send to my sister in Iowa who wants to share it with her quilt group and my brother in law's sister from Iowa who wanted to share it with her family. Also have 1 local order to fill. Then I probably won't be doing much with it until maybe Easter but I doubt I do much with it until fall when I want to find some bazaars and craft show types of venues.

Off to get busy, have a great day!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #107
Princess Proofreader

Buffy!!! :ntworthy:
That's so awesome!
We can say we knew you before you were the new Fannie May!

I've been productive!
I paid bills ~ both mine and my mom's, balanced checkbooks ~ both again, laundry is going and the guest bathroom is clean!
The rugs are in the washer.

On to my bathroom after I walk the dog and eat some lunch!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #108

Woww....that candy sounds wonderful I love chocolate covered peanuts or I used to love them..Yes, as MK says, do you have a name????

It is a great day to be outside..You gals with doggies are rather forced to be out in the sunshine, but me, not so much..But, I will take a walk around the deck for a little while.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #109
Princess Proofreader

Supposed to warm up here tomorrow - send it here please!!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #110

It is supposed to be a high of 58 with rain. We need more rain..Ponds are lower and farmers are crying in their milk...
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #111
Princess Proofreader

We're good on rain after a drought this summer.
So just sunshine please!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #112
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
My excitement today, you ask? Well, brace yourself........I bought cat food. But of course, not regular cat food. Oh no, not in this house! It appears Pooter has developed a food sensitivity which is causing vomiting and lung inflammation. Of course, she can't eat the prescription food the vet sent home. Mother had to go to both Petco and Pet Smart and buy 2 cans of EVERY grain free variety that is made....and mail order a couple more, to find one she'll eat. She is also now on predisone for the rest of her life. On a positive note, the vet said her labs were in the top 5% for cats her age. She seems to feel better after 4 days of meds and the first can I opened (Spot's Stew) she ate right up so yeah! Look at this face! Whatcha gonna do!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Well, all I can say after looking at the beautiful little face is that Pooter deserves the best his Mommy can supply and we all know his Mommy will stop at nothing to do that. Love her green eyes.

Had my multiple cat dream last night where kittens keep coming up into the house from the basement, kittens kittens kittens everywhere I look, my house is full of kittens. Can't exactly call it a nightmare, well, maybe. In this dream the basement was full up to the ground floor with water so the kittens had to come up into the house. We don't even have a basement so at least I seemed to even know in my dream that it was in fact, a dream. One of those recurring dreams we all seem to have.

Anyone know a really good hairball remedy that works? Tinker, my oldest, is always hacking them up, they eat science diet and have the hairball variety, I have tried the ointment you give them every day, nothing seems to help much. I feel bad for him. He is turning 10 this year, can't believe my little Tink the Stink is 10.

Have 4 lbs of bacon that I am going to cook on the grill, ala Sandy's method, today. DH was buying those uber expensive little packs of pre-cooked bacon, which are very handy, but I told him to hold off and I would cook up a bunch. Also picked up some tomatoes yesterday so we can have BLT's tonight. All the tomatoes were as hard as apples, oh, I miss the tomatoes of years ago out of my farm garden. Eating them out of hand, warm from the sun, right there in the garden, some times I would take the kids, a salt shaker and we would go out for our warm tomato feast, fun memory.

Finally getting caught up on my rest, takes longer and longer to recuperate from a trip these days but of course, so worth it. And, I am so hooked on Mad Men that I watch several episodes of it each evening, I am on season four, so think I am almost caught up.

The name I have settled on, at least for the time being, for my candy business is simply: Fern's Candies. Batted around lots of cutsy names but like one of my daughter's said, I am known for Fern's toffee and that identifies it to local people, so why not keep it simple. I print up my own business cards and haven't done anything official like registering it yet, so I can run with that for the time being. I did Fern's Candies instead of Fern's Toffee in case I add other candy besides toffee. Took some to some friends for a delayed Christmas gift last night and got a call shortly after from them saying how good it was, so was happy that went over well and they will tell others about it.

Well, back to work. MK, your cleaning also reminded me about another recurring dream where I just can't get a handle on my cleaning and or laundry, I think it is because my house is really a disaster right now and desparately needs a good cleaning.

Carolyn, you could do LC choc covered peanuts???
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #114

Hi.

Pooter is so sweet..Is that the box all that cat food came in? Luckily, Alex will eat the KD crunchy kind for $20 a small bag. Glad you found something that she likes..and glad she is a healthy senior citizen kitteh..

Well, for the hairballs..How about using a good brush (furminator) on her to get all the extra hair off of her. Alex "does" hairballs, too, but probably once a month.

My friend said that Aldi's has the best pre-cooked bacon. But, I love the real stuff.

Found out my friend Debra had gallbladder surgery this morning..Checked in at the hospital and she was still in surgery..Let some flowers and a card and chatted with her
hubby for a while.

Fern's Candies is a good solid name. People would probably call it Fern's Candies even if you named it something else.

I love that kitteh dream...Glad they were only dreams.

How is MKay doing today and her mom? Sandy should be coming back soon....
Old 02-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

You are right Carolyn, the furminator works great, BUT, Tinker does not like it and after about 2 brush strokes he darts away and if I try to hold him down, he bites me! Or scratches. I did not teach him properly as a kitten it seems, he does not hesitate to bite and or scratch to get his way. Naughty boy he is.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Forgot to mention that my weight this AM was 206.2, haven't seen it that low for a long time, not since I tried to go to the 0 carb, all meat diet, hit 205 and couldn't take it anymore, went back to some carbs and went back up. Once I finally broke below my concrete set point of 210, I have been inching downward. Just hope it sticks and keeps going lower. I don't have hardly any appetite right now and am taking full advantage of it. They changed my metformin, well, really didn't change it, I just starting taking the full dose they had prescribed every day instead of half dose some days. It still messes with my tummy somewhat but I will put up with that to get some more lbs off. And, about 5 months ago I started taking my thyroid med a little differently. Dr. reminded me that I should take it immediately after I got up in the AM and not eat or even drink coffee for at least 15 minutes afterwards and not to take any other med with it. I was mixing it in with all my other meds. I really think it has made a difference. You all know and especially Carolyn, how long I have been wishing I could get below 200, maybe, just maybe I now will.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #117

Buffy: That is wonderful...Do you use the extended release met? Some peeps say that doesn't cause the "distress"..Yes, yes, yes on the thyroid meds, too. I take mine 30 minutes before I eat..and take it several hours away from any calcium pills..
I know..we have been hoping that you made it into Onederland, Buffy..Make 2012 will be your year...
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I take the ER metformin but it still works a number on me, but, that has been part of the weight loss, so I will take the bad with the good.

Have you ever tried to type with a cat's tail swishing across your hands and keyboard???? He sees no reason to move.

I did take a brand name of metformin that did not upset my tummy as bad but am unwilling to pay the extra cost of it and it does slowly, slowly get better. Also, I take immodium with it.

It is always at least an hour or more after thyroid meds that I eat, but I can hardly wait for the 15 minutes to pass so I can have my coffee

I really do think 2012 will be my year to hit onderland, if not, I should be kicked far and hard, I am so close.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #119
Princess Proofreader

Busy day - and busy night tonight!

Dinner with friends and then seeing Chicago The Musical at The Little Theatre
I'm excited, because the actress playing Velma just finished touring as Elphaba in Wicked and is supposed to have an amazing voice!

Cindy - I'm glad you found something Pooter would eat!! So pretty!!

Buffy - good choice on the name! And way to go on the loss!!

Carolyn - I hope your friend is out of surgery and doing well now!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #120

Oh yes....Alex stuffs himself on my lap when I am typing..Maybe your tummy will adjust to the larger dose of met.. I know 2012 will be a great year for weightloss for all of us..You are so close, Buffy..You can almost smell Onederland.....