Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #121
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies.

Cindy: Now, remember you are only 29 and extremely active so you can eat more calories than some of your friends here..
And yet another reason I you!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all,
Guess who's going to be great-grandma again!!!! ME!!!!! My DGS called just a little while ago with the news. She's not far along at all so we'll have a long time to enjoy the anticipation. I'm so excited, in case you couldn't tell from the exclamation points, lol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lose4life2
Stats: 302/294/155
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: January 10,2012
I must be a complete idiot, but I have no idea what a DH or DGD or DGS ai/are/who?? I am loving this forum and just started MWL yesterday!!
lose4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #124

DH-dear husband
DD-dear daughter
DGS-dear grandaughter

and so on

You can do a search on google for texting shortcuts and you'll find a long list of what they all mean.

Welcome to our group!!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #125

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Wow..Sandy..that is super..Is this the same family that gave you that darling little one?

Yes, Lose..d is always an endearing comment before the relationship..

Bloodwork early..No breakie..

Poor KSU almost beat undefeated Baylor..two points...grumble..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
DH-dear husband
DD-dear daughter
DGS-dear grandaughter

and so on

You can do a search on google for texting shortcuts and you'll find a long list of what they all mean.

Welcome to our group!!
Thanks!!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #127

Drum roll please...........

I finally broke through the iron curtain this a.m. 143.8!!!! Now to hold onto that and of course I'm meeting the girls for lunch today. But I already asked to go to a place where I can order chorizo and eggs so I DO have a plan. Wooohooooo!! It's been a VERY long time since I've seen 143 and I'd like to hold onto it.

You all know I use Weight Commander and I also have a little chart that I note my weight on every day. Well, I want to share how helpful that chart is. I was looking over it this a.m. and could see my patterns and all my weights for the last few years. I could also see that it's possible to lose the weight I want to lose because it's right there in front of me that I've done it and I maintained a lower weight for quite a long time. I've also gone up and maintained that higher weight for a long time. So I know both ways are possibilities, I just need to focus on the path I want to take. Looking at it in black & white just made it seem more do-able. This might not work for everybody and I know some people get obsessed by the numbers on the scale, but it works for me. And most of you know me well enough by now to know that even though I'm a daily weigher I'm not obsessed with it. I write it down, enter it into my program and start my day. And not always a good day food wise, but I always enter my weight. I don't pretend it's not "there" whatever the scale says.

Anyway, I wanted to share that with all of you. Thanks for always being here and being so supportive and such good friends.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #128
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh wow! I REALLY drop weight at 1200 cals a day! Girl, are you sure your thyroids ok?
I'm only 5'! It doesn't take much to put me over.
And my thyroid is fine!

Quote:
..This is what they say..Place your hangers all going one way for a "season"..Then when you wear an item turn the hanger around the other way and keep it like that. Eliminate the clothes you never wore that
season..The end.
I do that!

Quote:
Buffy, You're my kind of gal!! Maybe we could start a support group, lol.

Quote:
Hi all,
Guess who's going to be great-grandma again!!!! ME!!!!! My DGS called just a little while ago with the news. She's not far along at all so we'll have a long time to enjoy the anticipation. I'm so excited, in case you couldn't tell from the exclamation points, lol.

Quote:
DH-dear husband
DD-dear daughter
DGS-dear grandaughter

Isn't DGS Dear GrandSon??

Quote:
Drum roll please...........

I finally broke through the iron curtain this a.m. 143.8!!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #129
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lose4life2 View Post
I must be a complete idiot, but I have no idea what a DH or DGD or DGS ai/are/who?? I am loving this forum and just started MWL yesterday!!
DC is Dear Cat, for those with no kids. And DHOR is my horse......just to be clear!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Yes, DHOR did kind of throw me when I first got to know Cindy

Sandy, on breaking the weight barrier! And, to the news about the new great grandbaby. Just remember, they have come to know how capable you are and won't realize how strenous 2 little ones are on someone our age as compared to their age, you have to gently remind them, one at a time is best for us!!! Although now that Bobby is 3 1/2 and Ava 2, I can handle both of them a little easier.

Thurs. afternoon or early Friday I am driving to Austin to see my youngest, Oliver for a couple of days, haven't been down to spend the night since Nov. even though I got to see him in Dec. for his birthday.

Carolyn, I like your hanger idea, I know I won't do it, but it sounds like a good one. Another problem I have is buying too many of the same thing, if I like something and how it fits, feels, I will go back and get it in several colors and 2-3 of my favorite colors , I am working on breaking these bad habits but the sales are so good anymore that it just encourages OCD people like me. It is really the stores fault

Had leftover roast last night, so good.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #131

Yes, Buffy, DGS is dear grandson. Thanks.

Yes, I think it's the store's fault too. And I do the same thing. Especially with pants and shoes. It's hard to find a good fit so when I do I go for it!!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually, it was MK who caught the DGS, but I'll take credit for it
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Loving my Ugg Dakota's, oh my, I am in heaven and don't want to wear shoes anymore.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #134

Yeah, Sandy....Tear this wall down.. You did it. I do think it is a great thing to keep track of your weight from year to year and then you can see success.. Yipee...

Yes, Cindy has those darling kittehs and horse..I think there are 2 dogs in our group..MK has one and then Bailey..Anymore DDogs?

Buffy: I will have to look up your boots..I wouldn't do the hanger thing, either, but I thought it was a good idea...I love sales, too..especially at Dillards when they have 75 percent off.

I made a flaxseed tortilla for lunch with some cheese on top. Then my friend called and we are meeting a lady from out of town for dinner..Mexican. This will be a no chip night..Just a nice salad with shrimp.

Had bloodwork done this morning..They take 3 vials..but this time I remembered to drink several glasses of water beforehand..Makes a big difference.

Hi to Mary Kay..with no thyroid problems..Lucky you..

Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
Hi All,

Gone all day yesterday for DH Dr. appt. and to have dinner with friends afterwards. Got home really late and today, just battening down the hatches before the next wave of snow dumps a pile here. Hard to believe that it's Jan 11th! The ground is so soft and full of puddles...I think it was close to 50 here today...and in JANUARY!!!!! Ridiculous for northcentral Wisconsin!

Sounds like everyone has been really busy cooking, cleaning, dropping weight, sorting clothes, having heart transplants, having new grandbabies...gracious!...this is one busy thread this month for sure!

Still struggling to get a handle on the plan, although yesterday went fairly good until I woke up at 2:30 this morning STARVING. Something isn't right...I shouldn't be hungry all the time with all the butter, olive oil, mayonnaise, cheese, coconut oil, nuts and egg yolks I'm consuming, not to mention the calories. This is very discouraging and since I track everything I eat down to the teaspoon, I keep hoping each day that something will begin moving. Going on two weeks now with a half-pound lost. Not much else to do except keep tracking and praying

Done working for the day and now I get to start my second job; cooking...ughh!

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

You ladies are so funny and encouraging!! I love it!!! Thanks for making a person feel so welcome!!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Join in Lose, tell us your name so we don't have to keep calling you Lose , better than calling you loose . I see you are from Illinois, and tell us some more about you, your family, your interests, etc. As you and Donna can see, we talk a lot about things other than diets and have a really nice, close group here and always welcome others to come and join in on our fun and daily discussions, motivate each other, encourage each other, laugh at and with each other, on and on it goes.

Carolyn, these Uggs are mocs, not boots. Think slippers but people wear them out and about. I actually scored another pair on Ebay today and a good price.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #138

Hi gals..

Gosh, Donna...starving is not good..It's hard for me to understand that...Maybe your body wants more protein than you are giving it. Protein and fat together fill me up..Everyone is different..

Lose: Yes, we need to know your name..LOL..Leave it to Buffy..She is so funny..We are glad you are here...

Buffy: Oh..mocs are fun..I'll have to see if I can find them somewhere..

Dh is watching the Cotton Bowl again..Glutton for punishment..LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #139

You know everything that goes around does come back around! I remember my mom wearing mocs all the time when I was a little girl. And then about 25 years ago I knew a young girl who wore mocs all the time too and now here they're becoming popular again! Along with those Roxy flats. Anybody see those or have any? My DGD loves them!! They do look comfy for sure.

Down another .4 today so my being good paid off again yesterday. I'm very proud of myself for not caving in to even ONE chip there. I better mark that day on the calendar, lol.

Donna and Lose, as you can see, we all really like each other and have a lot of fun here. We're always happy to welcome new people and like Buffy said, just jump on in and start sharing what you're comfortable to share and join the party!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #140
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

DS22 is trying to drive to Milwaukee today - of course it's our first big snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
It is really the stores fault

Quote:
Actually, it was MK who caught the DGS, but I'll take credit for it

Quote:

Hi to Mary Kay..with no thyroid problems..Lucky you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lose4life2 View Post
You ladies are so funny and encouraging!! I love it!!! Thanks for making a person feel so welcome!!

Quote:
Join in Lose, tell us your name so we don't have to keep calling you Lose , better than calling you loose .

Quote:

Carolyn, these Uggs are mocs, not boots. Think slippers but people wear them out and about. I actually scored another pair on Ebay today and a good price.
Do you have the ones with the regular soles?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Do you have the ones with the regular soles?
Well, I didn't exchange the soles, so I guess they are the regular ones

Just kidding, I knew what you meant, yes, regular soles that you can wear indoors or out, they just say don't get them wet or wear in snow as the leather stains. I did pick up a bottle of the spray so if I can pry them off my feet long enough, I will treat them.

Talked about them at dinner club last night and several of my gal pals have them and love them too.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Sandy, , you are being so good and it is really paying off, you will be so skeeny on your vacation!

I had to go look up Roxy flats, they are really cute too and I am sure now that I am aware of them that I will see everyone wearing them. Another really popular shoe is the Sperry ones, they are back or still in but with very cute varieties, you see them everyone. Nice to have some comfy shoes that are in style for those of us who just can't wear those high heels anymore. If I tried, I might as well wear a sign saying "get my room ready at the nursing home as I am going to fall and break my hip in the next 45 minutes!: But, I used to rock them, in my younger days

Dinner club was last night and I was in charge of picking the place, picked a warm, cozy bar area of a very good restaurant that is nearby for all of us, was surprised that several of them had not been in the bar although they had eaten there. The chef who owns it is very good and we are lucky to have that little gem in our neighborhood but it is expensive and well worth it but somewhere you just don't eat often. But, DH and I have found that if you eat in the bar and once you get to know the staff, they will fix about anything you wish, small portions and let you split things so that it ends up a very reasonable place to eat. They have 2 soups each evening that are superb and an extensive bar menu plus you can order off the regular one if you wish. So, everyone was so happy to find it, eat there and the bill for 7 of us with drinks was only $140 so everyone was well fed and very happy and we had a round corner in the table and had a grand time . Well, Elvis didn't make it, he had "left the building" but we partied like Rock Stars anyway

Today is a nail appt. and then either head down to Austin to DS's house, or get up real early in the morning and head down, haven't decided yet which way to do it.

My eating was better yesterday, Sandy is a good influence as the rest of you always are too, I am just a bad girl most of the time!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #143

Hi gals..

Sandy, Sandy...Wow..you are on the "other side" now..It should be all downhill from here..good for you..

MK: We got a skiff of snow/ice..will pray for safe travels for your ds..I hate it when kids have to travel on bad roads..

Buffy: Your dinner club sounds like so much fun. Of course, Dallas has many wonderful restaurants to pick from. It's good to have an "in"..

Didn't weigh this morning..I forgot..Did my exercising..I brought my new DVD of the Biggest Loser and we did that. Going to Christian Women's Club, which is always at Sirloin Stockade. So...you can have a nice big salad and a piece of meat and not feel too badly. The program is breadmaking. The lady is making cinnamon rolls and giving everyone (but me) a sample.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin',

The snow arrived early this am and is expected to continue through today and into tomorrow. I've had to postpone my Milwaukee trip by one day, but hoping that it will slow up enough that I can leave tomorrow. The expectation is that we will have about 7" when it's all done, which is actually pretty good for a Wisconsin January! Although I suspect I'll be shoveling 2 if not 3 times today, it should be fairly easy since the snow is very light and fluffy.

MK: Hope the roads are good and your DS has 4WD with good tires! The Milwaukee area is supposed to get several inches with blowing and drifting. I remember when I was that brave...sigh...

Sandy: My mom was/is the fashion maven in our family. She worked at Loehmann's for years and had access to some of the most beautiful and exclusive fashions that you can imagine...shoes included. She could identify the designer of a pair of shoes from across the room! My contribution to that conversation was always "oh...yep, shoes..."

Buffy: When I was married to my first husband, we belonged to a dinner and dance club with my (then) in-laws. Of course, we were the youngest couple there, but we sure did have some great times and fabulous meals. Sounds like it was a fabulous time!

Carolyn: Baking was always my most favorite, creative hobbies. If it involved yeast...all the better! This is surely what contributed my excess weight since I not only enjoyed the baking part, but also the eating part...lol!

Having chili from the freezer today...seemed like it would fit nicely with the snow and since this is one of DH's absolute FAVORITE meals, he will be happy to sit down and eat a nice filling bowl of it.

All for now...out to shovel. Enjoy your day everyone!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #145
Princess Proofreader

Donna - young? brave? stupid?
All of the above!

He has a really old Olds 98.
So just a big, heavy car!

Fingers crossed!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #146
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post

She could identify the designer of a pair of shoes from across the room! My contribution to that conversation was always "oh...yep, shoes..."

Too funny!

My mom was a college professor and she always wore the most amazing shoes! That's what her students still remember about her!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Donna - young? brave? stupid?
All of the above!

He has a really old Olds 98.
So just a big, heavy car!

Fingers crossed!
A man after my own heart...!!! I had one of those...although it was probably a LOT older than his. I had a 1973 Olds Delta 88. My friends called it the "Queen Mary" and wanted to know how many bodies I could fit in the trunk... It was a great car, but it really acted more like a toboggan than a tank in the snow. I really loved that car...

My 'acumen' for identifying shoes is pretty much limited to tennies, boots, flats and heels...anything other than those categories and I'm at a loss... Thankfully, I don't have much need for anything dressy...but when I do, everyone knows exactly what I'm wearing since I've been wearing the same dress 'outfit' to weddings and funerals since 1996. Yesiree...I'm a walking advertisement for "What NOT To Wear" The good news is that I got rid of all my 80's stuff...remember those gosh awful HUGE shoulder pads? Whenever I wore one of of those work "suits" I looked like I should've been playing linebacker position for the Green Bay Packers in the midget league! ...what was I thinking???...
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Donna, being from the midwest and cold snowy winters, nothing is better than chili on a winters day.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #149

Donna, as soon as I finally decide to get rid of something, it comes back in fashion, lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Donna, as soon as I finally decide to get rid of something, it comes back in fashion, lol.
At least we can really boast about our 'fashionable' wardrobe from the 70's, 80's and 90's, considering what is 'fashionable' now. And who can easily forget about the HUGE elephant bell bottoms from the 60's? I wore mine so long, they just disintegrated one day in the wash. And of course, I had to wear them with my peasant blouse...pass the patchouli please...