Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Rachel and I are having fun..She is fun..She got to meet several of my gfriends so that was fun.

Buffy: We made reservations for Sat. night to go to the Pocket Sandwich theater. It is a bunch of Edgar Allen Poe stories..Have you ever gone there?
We are also going to the Dallas Aquarium, too..Hot time in the big City.

Sandy: Yup..sometimes that is the only thing that fixes you..But, the surgery is much different now than the olden days. Hope he takes it easy and doesn't do any more harm to his back. Glad PT went well.

Cindy: Gord was the man from Canada..Once in a while he will post on a board and I bug him to come back and check in with us.

MKay: When are the kiddos going back to school?

Welcome, Boots...A LCarb diet is the best diet for diabetics..but you have to adjust your meds when your sugar levels go down, of course...

Donna: We went to Door County this summer..Loved it. You are way up there, aren't you? It is hard being in the middle of nowhere, I think.

Leaving for the Cotton Bowl at 7 a.m...Kids bought energy drinks for the ride.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #62

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Have a wonderful time Carolyn! I'm sure you will. It sure sounds like a fun trip. I can't wait to hear all about it! And I hope the Cats win!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #63

Thanks, Sandy..Arkansas is a good team...but if the Cats are on, it could a victory..
Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #64
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Carolyn - hope you have an amazing time!!

Donna - we were in Door County this summer too. Is that where you are?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #65
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Fasting cholesterol blood test this morning - then back home for breakfast and off to the gym!

BBL!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Buffy, I've never heard of wellbutrin for diabetes? Do you mean metformin?

!
Duh, yes, you are right, I am on metformin. Another senior moment
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Welcome to TX Carolyn! Or back if you have been before. No, I have never been to that theatre but prob very nice or good and you will enjoy the acquarium. If you have a chance, go to the 6th floor museum if you have not visited it before. I know you will be with your family but if there are any minutes left over, let me know and I will meet you for a cuppa.

Off to get groceries today. Kroger has natural grass fed beef on sale, want to stock the freezer, need to make the remaining of my returns and then am picking up DGS 12 from school and we are going to catch a movie this evening. Rare times anymore, he is so darn busy.

Ate very light yesterday., hadn't weighed this year until 2-3 days ago and weight had slipped back up 3 lbs so I need to whittle that off before my Dr. appt on Tuesday.

Why is "door country" called door country? Or, I could look it up but will let you gals fill me in.

LC very good for diabetics but you have to be consistent if you are on meds like I am, or your BS fluctuates too much. And, if you are strict LC you or at least I, don't need nearly as much medication, but then I stray and I need it, so, hard to get it right.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
Mornin' all.

Sandy: It's really disheartening to hear when a loved one gets a health diagnoses of something like this. Are they going to wait for him to get his blood sugar under control before they do the surgery? Spinal surgery: NO fun! But I'll bet you're happy that your PT went well. Are you doing PT for an injury?

Boots: I have a difficult time understanding why people follow the 'low fat drumbeat' so vehemently. Seriously...if low fat was the answer why do people just keep gaining weight? There is NO one way that works for everyone...not even LC. Finding the right "fit" is sometimes a lonely journey.

Buffy: Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a great business going on! What motivated you to actually do it?

MK: Oh yes...Carroll College. I lived not far from there and used to work at The Women's Center in Waukesha as well. But that was in the 90's and 5 jobs ago...lol!!! We really DO live in the boonies, but were only visiting Appleton to shop. It makes for very long days and gas usage?...ughh...don't even want to go there...

Carolyn: Gotta love football...and such good games this year! Great fun to go and participate.

Door County is indeed beautiful, but that is up the 'peninsula' arm of Wisconsin and we are more centrally located in the state. Our 'village' used to be a town back in the 1800's with a dry goods store, school, mill, blacksmith shop, post office, etc. But it eventually died out and everything except for the post office closed up. We even get our mail out of a neighboring town because they have rural carrier delivery. No money for that here in the village. Yes, it's beautiful...actually, after leaving Milwaukee, any place is beautiful...lol!

MK: Have you ever noticed that any other day, you can get up and almost go for hours without eating and no problem. But the day you have fasting labs, you seem to be STARVING??? It's like my brain is trying to trick the rest of my body into believing everything's just normal but my body is having none of it ;-) OK...maybe that's just me...

Now that the unseasonably warm temps are on the way out, we're back to our regular, gloomy winter days...minus the huge piles of snow this year. I can't really complain about the weather this year because we've only had one snowfall...and that is saying a lot. Really happy when we factor in that our plow truck is in the shop for repairs. And we're getting the most out of our woodpile too, which will mean less work this coming summer when we back to bucking and splitting.

OK...I've got a question for y'all. I'm finding that keeping my carbs low are NO problem, but keeping the protein within an acceptable range is difficult. I've had to go back to weighing out my protein and tracking my calories so I don't overindulge. Still, I'm struggling (now) with hunger that seems to have crept back with a vengeance. I thought if I just increased my fat, that would take care of it, but then my calories are too high. Ughh! I know there will be lots of information in the book that can make sense of this, but still waiting to get it. I do much, MUCH better when I can follow a specifically detailed plan for eating. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Later gators!

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
...Why is "door country" called door country? Or, I could look it up but will let you gals fill me in...
Oh Buffy...you are too funny! Door County is a county named Door and is located at the very "tip" of that peninsula I referred to. It is unique because as you get further toward the tip, the land mass 'skinnies' out to almost nothing. Although people do live there year-round, most have quirky little shops and businesses that specifically cater to tourists. Cherry orchards are prevalent there, as are sugar maples. It's definitely beautiful. With a massive fresh water lake on either side, property values are very high. OK...they seem high to me.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #70

"Sandy: It's really disheartening to hear when a loved one gets a health diagnoses of something like this. Are they going to wait for him to get his blood sugar under control before they do the surgery? Spinal surgery: NO fun! But I'll bet you're happy that your PT went well. Are you doing PT for an injury?"

His BS isn't really out of control. It's borderline, so I'm sure he can control it well with diet if he doesn't stray too much or too often. At this point he and I are more worried about the BP so he finally gave in and started on the meds for that yesterday hoping he can stop them if it comes back in a healthy range. Or at least a lower dose. And the cardiologist wants him chol/lipids to show different numbers. The only one I'm actually worried a little about is the LDL and I think with diet he can get that back under control too. As to why he's waiting to have the surgery......my DH is a workaholic and he's in the middle of a job right now that will finish up around July. Hence the wait, ugh. But there's no sense trying to change his mind either so I just go along with him for the most part, lol. If the pain increases enough that he can't stand it or control it I'm sure he'll have to rethink that date. My PT is for post surgery for my knee surgery I had on Dec 20. I barely twisted my knee on the edge of a sidewalk and according to the Dr yesterday it was a massive tear in my meniscus. I saw the pics and it looked like a giant lump of crab claw meat! Which makes me worry about my future with that much less cartilage for cushioning. But I can't change the future except by trying to stay as healthy as possible and keep active.

My pooch is sick today. It actually started yesterday. Bad diarrhea. Poor thing went to get groomed yesterday and pooped all over the groomer!! I felt so bad for both of them. Then she got DH up 3x in the middle of the night last night to go out. She seems a bit better today. I hope the worst is over.

We've had no snow yet this year either.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #71
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Donna, I fought to keep my protein down too. Some things I found to help was peanut butter fudge made with coconut oil (there is a chocolate version also), eating more egg yolks than egg whites and eating higher fat cheeses such as brie.

Nothing to do with low carb but I have been on a jelly making kick! I made pomegranate jelly like my grandmother used to make. I used Pom Wonderful and it tasted like grandma's

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 01-07-2012 at 07:02 AM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #72

Hi ladies.

So sad for the Wildcats, but at least they got 16 points. Collin the QB wasn't totally on last night..But, we had fun. Our tickets were way up near Jesus in row 24 in the top section. It was mighty scary up there. But, it did get easier as the game went on and we even stood up..LOL

Oh..Buffy..Rachel's parents are here and we are busy with them, too..Wish I had time for a cuppa, but it seems like the day will be packed with fun..Thanks for thinking of me.

Sandy: Prayers for little Bailey..Maybe she ate something by accident. Yup on your dh.
Has anyone mentioned a back brace? or doesn't he think it will help...I've had a bulging disc and they are no fun at all. Thank God you got the surgery you will need. I think there are knee exercises that you can do that will strengthen the muscles around the knee without damaging them, but you have to be very careful.Glad your hubby is on bp meds. I think those are so necessary and don't really have alot of side effects.

Donna: Just a thought on the run..How about increasing your good green veggies? Sometimes volumes of food are helpful and if they are lower calories and carbs, you can eat more. Do you eat alot of veggies?

I dread getting on the scale on Monday. I am going to have to restart my plan after this trip.

Hi Mary Kay and Cindy..Hope you gals have a great weekend.

Hi Cindy..Yes, that coconut oil is helpful, too..especially made into bark..Yumm..Good for you on the grape jelly recipe..Share if you will.

Last edited by CarolynF; 01-07-2012 at 07:03 AM..
Old 01-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Mornin' all.

Buffy: Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a great business going on! What motivated you to actually do it?

Later gators!
My DH and I have owned and operated a business treating golf course greens for over 20 years and we are in the process of closing it down, so, now that I am almost retired from that, I decided it was time to do what friends and family had been telling me for years, "you really ought to sell your toffee", plus the little extra money wasn't unwelcome either.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
"Sandy:
His BS isn't really out of control. It's borderline, so I'm sure he can control it well with diet if he doesn't stray too much or too often. At this point he and I are more worried about the BP so he finally gave in and started on the meds for that yesterday hoping he can stop them if it comes back in a healthy range. Or at least a lower dose. And the cardiologist wants him chol/lipids to show different numbers. The only one I'm actually worried a little about is the LDL and I think with diet he can get that back under control too. .
Sandy, mega doses of fish oil really makes a difference in my chol/lipids, I have even experimented by backing off the dose I take and the numbers go right back up. I do take a high dose or a good quality one in capsule form but am going to the liquid when this is gone, have to take a lot less in liquid to get the same amount.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh Buffy...you are too funny! Door County is a county named Door and is located at the very "tip" of that peninsula I referred to. It is unique because as you get further toward the tip, the land mass 'skinnies' out to almost nothing. Although people do live there year-round, most have quirky little shops and businesses that specifically cater to tourists. Cherry orchards are prevalent there, as are sugar maples. It's definitely beautiful. With a massive fresh water lake on either side, property values are very high. OK...they seem high to me.
Oh, LOL. Will have to talk to DGS, who is a geography genius, about that area, I am sure he can tell me all about it. His first favorite books were atlas and other map books. It sounds like a beautiful area.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #76
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Carolyn - glad you're having fun anyway!

Cindy - maybe you could just send us all some jelly!!

Gorgeous sunny day . . . . what to do first . . . .
Old 01-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sandy, mega doses of fish oil really makes a difference in my chol/lipids, I have even experimented by backing off the dose I take and the numbers go right back up. I do take a high dose or a good quality one in capsule form but am going to the liquid when this is gone, have to take a lot less in liquid to get the same amount.
How much do you take and is it allowed to share the brand?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Cindy, your jelly making kick sounds sooo good, I'll bet your kitchen smells like heaven. Are you using sugar or a sub?

Today is DGD Ava's 2nd birthday, wow, how did those 2 years fly by so fast? Her party is at 4:00 today. After her party, DGS 12 is playing in regional band, they are practicing all day and their concert is tonight so will go on to that. He and I went to a movie, the Muppets, after school yesterday, it was really good, then back to his place so he could get to bed at a decent time since he had to be at the school at 7:00 am this morning.

Got a lot of beef on sale at Kroger yesterday, so will seal it all up in my new food saver today and get it stored in the freezer. Bought 2 big roasts, which I will cut in half, 6 lbs of hamburger and 10 steaks, 5 ribeyes and 5 strips. DH and I share a steak when we fix that, neither of us needs or wants a full one anymore. 40% off, it was really a great deal for grass fed natural beef.

Darn Carolyn, wishing I could see you while you were here but you do have quite a group along, just enjoy it here and have a great time.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #79

Yes so sad for the Wildcats. At least they were able to rally and not get skunked, which I was worried about for a while. I'm glad you had a good time; those Jesus seats scare me too until I get used to them. I had to chuckle when I read that line and share it with DH. We have friends down there right now too. I looked hard for them on screen but no luck, lol.
I know you'll jump right back on plan Monday, Carolyn. The party is finally OVER for all of us I think.

Cindy, I've never had pomegranate jelly. Are you making it full sugar or reduced or free? Sounds good!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
How much do you take and is it allowed to share the brand?
Sorry Sandy, not allowed to post it here, I forgot that once and they gently reminded me I do take 3 times the recommended daily dose. And gals, it is also supposed to help us with our muffin tops, you know, the waist kind, not the bakery kind I really think it does too, I have been taking this for several years and even at my weight, I don't have as much of a roll there as a lot of ladies my age who are at a much lower weight. Fish oil has many benefits and I am not a big fish eater.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Mornin' all.

Boots: I have a difficult time understanding why people follow the 'low fat drumbeat' so vehemently. Seriously...if low fat was the answer why do people just keep gaining weight? There is NO one way that works for everyone...not even LC. Finding the right "fit" is sometimes a lonely journey.
Oh, one of my soapbox rants, low fat. I am old enough to remember when that swept our country and people traded in their traditional diets for the lowest fat they could possibly get, the whole medical field jumped on it and preached it and guess what, that is exactly when our entire country started getting fatter and fatter, our kids started getting fat, we all turned to fake, processed food with all kinds of artificial ingredients, it has ruined our health. And the reason people follow is so much is like my children, they were raised during the era where that was preached, I have to get after my kids to not give their kids low fat products, and to not be afraid of oils and fats, it is just so ingrained in them. But guess what, even my doctors now are telling me that low carb is the way to go, they don't go so far as to preach high fat but I guarantee you, they are finding out that low fat is not the way to go.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Top of the mornin' to everyone. Kind of getting a late start here today.

Sandy: Ahhh yes...I can relate to 'workaholic' that's for sure. Sometimes it's just easier to put off things that need to be done because we are just too busy working! I am always glad when health issues sort of creep up rather than not acknowledging them. DH is diabetic, but didn't know it until his sugar was waaaaay out of control...like 270 points out of control! Thankfully, BP for him is never an issue and his cholesterol?...suffice it to say, his total cholesterol is lower than my LDL!

Oh...knee surgery huh? Goodness...now it makes sense why you were hoping that the PT didn't hurt you. Our knees become so much more important as we age, and for me, stiffness is already an issue at 57. You are very brave for going through the PT. My mom had PT for 'frozen shoulder' and she had a hard time with it, but she says it actually helped to increase her range of motion, so for that, she is grateful.

Cindy: Thanks for your suggestions. I think it is more of a calorie balancing act for me due mainly to my height. According to all weight charts, at 5'1", I'm supposed to have a healthy weight of: 106 - 132 lbs. Anything over that and I'm considered "clinically" obese. Clearly, at 141 I'm already there...ughh! But having been very active all my life up until the last 3 years, I've managed to keep a moderate handle on my weight...only fighting with 10 or 20 excess lbs. Now it seems that I'm fighting a losing battle against my appetite. Plain and simple: It WANTS what it WANTS and it WANTS it NOW!!!...lol. I will work more diligently to include more fatty cheese into my daily food plan. Thanks!

Carolyn: It sounds like you are really enjoying your visit! Sorry about the game, but I'll bet you are really having a good time! Veggies are on almost every plate of food we eat! Thankfully, both DH and I really enjoy our veggies and do tend to keep in the non-starchy category for most of our meals. (Actually, I was a full-fledged vegetarian in a former life and probably eat more veggies than a lot of our acquaintances.) However...it does seem that I may have been focusing a lot more on increasing the fat and not looking to fill in with more veggies. I think I'm going to have to up what I have been already eating to increase the volume of food I am eating. So thank you for pointing that out .

Buffy: What a great story! It takes such courage to branch out on your own...and even more courage to do it after owning your own business for so many years. But I have to agree with all your friends who have encouraged you...why not do something that you're so good at. And if it brings in a little extra cash, all the better! Do you actually eat the toffee??? I don't know if I could resist...

Those grandbabies are a joy aren't they? And where does the time go? They really do grow up so fast...sigh... What a "killer" deal you got on that beef! 40% off natural, grass fed. Super!!! Absolutely LOVE my foodsaver as well.

Well, I FINALLY got my book and am looking forward to reading as much as I can, as quickly as I can to see how my limited understanding of this plan compares with his structured program. With only a few pages in this morning, I'm already seeing a lot of what I had accepted to be true for me...in so many ways.

Sun is peeking out here and I will work outside for a little while today, but truly want to dive into the new book. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, hmmm, do I actually eat the toffee. Well, you know there has to be quailty control testing done on each and every batch, so I guess you "might" call that eating it

Can't eat very much of it though, or my BS would be haywire. Everything in small doses of course.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #84
Princess Proofreader

Dexter Marathon!

I might be a little warped when I'm finished!

Donna - I understand ~ I'm 5' and every calorie counts!!

Buffy - I agree! How did we buy into the whole LF agenda?!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #85
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Carolyn and Buffy, no, no low carb on the jelly. Full sugar like grandma made. I wanted to use a recipe for my first attempt but Sure Jell makes a pectin for reduced sugar so I may try halfing the sugar. I halfed the sugar on a batch of pear preserves I made a month ago and it was good. Jams are easier as they are more fool proof but jelly requires exact proportions. The low sugar pectin will help. I will try that. I use Pom Wonderful juice from Costco so the worst that can happen is I throw it out. With the pear, I started SF but tasted it and noticed it needed that sugar kick so a blend was much better. If Buffy can talk about toffee, I can talk jelly!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #86

Hey, in this thread we talk about everything, right?!

My pooch is still sickly. She acts like she's better and then needs to run outside. If she's not over this by morning I'll be taking her to the Dr. Poor thing. Luckily she's made it outside with no accidents except one time after I fed her some bland oatmeal. That didn't stay down very long. As far as I know that's the first time for that, it's the other end that's gone crazy. I hope it's just a dog flu and it runs it's course and ends today. She woke me up at 6:00 to go outside and RAN for the door and down the deck stairs. Much better than the 3x a night she has been going out. But she's sleeping peacefully now. She acted better this morning so I'm hoping she's about past it.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #87

Hi..

Wow..what an active thread this morning..

We were soooo busy yesterday, lunch, went to the Aquarium (great), the 6th floor museum where JFK was shot (great), dinner at Jason's deli and the Pocket Theater (crazy fun). Popcorn was flying all over the place..I ate mine..no butter or salt, but didn't want to waste it.

Just a little prayer for Bailey. At least she made it outside..Good girl. Just like us, our furbabies can get colds and tummy problems. But they get over it..

Heading out and will catch up when I get home.

Hi to Donna, Sandy, MK, Buffy, Cindy (yum on the jelly), and Boots..
Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Ya know...I really wish EVERYONE who has struggled with their weight would read Grove's book. Perhaps most people just embrace whatever "diet" works for them, but really understanding why an overdose of carbs puts our bodies into overweight and dis-ease can add so much to the argument for NOT eating off plan.

Years...and I mean Y-E-A-R-S ago, I read Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution. I was a newlywed and my (1st) husband at the time was struggling with weight issues. In my zeal to "help" him, I zoomed through the technical stuff and went right to the diet itself. I think, had I taken the time to understand the 'technical' stuff, I would have made subsequent choices differently. 33 years later and it is my understanding that he has given up the struggle in that he is seriously overweight and has other health issues related to that. Of course, I can't condemn him as my weight has been a roller coaster as well, but making an effort to try and keep "healthy" has been part of my diet regimen for years. I can't say the same for him.

So...looking at his plan, it seems that I really only need to 'tweak' a little bit in order to keep the 'fat' portion of my daily macros higher. And look!...y'all told me what I needed to do even before I had a chance to read the book...lol. So thanks again for the tips I will keep at this until it becomes second nature.

Buffy: I applaud your self-control. I think just "smelling" the sugar would send me into a carb binge!!! Oh...and that whole low-fat mentality makes me INSANE. I really want to scream "HEY!!! IF low-fat, high-carb was the answer, wouldn't we all be slim and healthy?????" Good grief!

MK: I always enjoyed being short, except of course, when I gained weight. Everyone taller than me would put on 5 lbs. and have at least 5-7" extra inches in order for it to spread out on so the gain was hardly noticeable. But when I packed on a few extra pounds, the only place for it to go was "out" and I looked like one of those fat little munchkins from the Wizard Of OZ...lollypops anyone???

Cindy: In the 'old' days, I used to make all my own jams and jellies (my 1st husband was VERY fond of them), but that is not the case with my DH now. Still enjoyed the process however.

Sandy: Awwwwww....so sorry to hear about your puppy...Bailey is it? Heading to the vet will at least get you some answers, but I understand how that can be difficult at times as well. Sending good thoughts her way.

Carolyn
: It sounds like you're having such a good time, you're going to need a vacation from your vacation!

Boots: How are you doing with this WOE? Have you found a good way to up your fat while keeping the protein down? How have you been feeling?

Started cleaning out the basement yesterday...ughh! This is quite a project that I suspect will last well into spring, but it's got to be done. I swear...it's like little, mischievous elves go down there and mess everything up when we're sleeping and leave before we get up. I just don't understand how we manage to accumulate so much STUFF...grrrrrrrrrrrr.... So off I go to begin another day.

Ciao my friends...waving...
Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #89
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - poor puppy!!!

Carolyn - glad this was such a great trip!!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Yesterday was so busy with Ava's birthday party, quite a success and fun and then on to Grant's band concert, it was a regional band and quite good, those kids had been up since 6AM to take the buses to meet and practice all day, learning all new songs and then performing last night, so proud of them. And the teachers who work with them.

Today is a more relaxing day, not even sure what all I will do.

Cindy, I love jams even more than jellies, although jellies are so pretty but harder to spread. I can only imagine the smells from your kitchen.

Donna, sounds like you really enjoyed the book and doesn't it make so much sense? His plan is so easy to understand and do, the hard part is not to stray and we all struggle with that.

For those of you cleaning basements, be sooo happy you have them, here, we seldom have basements, something about rock layers, or whatever but coming from the midwest I surely miss having a basement. We have a small attic but nothing so handy as a basement to store things in or add extra living space.

Oh Carolyn, glad you made it to the 6th floor museum, I really think they have done a great job on that and it is one of the places I always try to take visitors to Dallas.

Poor little Bailey, and such a good girl to try to make it outside so often. Sure hope she is soon over it.

MK, are you a little "more" warped after the Dexter marathon? I haven't watched that show, should I? Must be good.

Little Ava got quite a surprise at her birthday party yesterday. Didn't impress her so much but it did the rest of us. Her mommy's engagement ring is from Tiffany's and her daddy and grandparent's shop there. A LOT! So, at Christmas time, they had this beautiful Tiffany colored carousel in their Christmas Wonderland display. My DSIL had inquired about purchasing it to put with their Christmas village and had been told, like many others I guess, that it wasn't for sale, the stores just got them in "one each store" for the display only. For those of you on FB, if you saw and or commented on my wall, you will see that Ava's 2nd birthday theme was Carousels. On Friday, her Daddy and his parent's had gone shopping and purchased several things at Tiffany's and had visited there with the employee's and told them about Ava's party. So, as gifts were being unwrapped yesterday, a courier came to the door with a huge box from Tiffany's for a little girl named Ava. Inside was the coveted carousel from Tiffanys with a note, have a wonderful carousel themed 2nd birthday Ava, from your friends at Tiffany's!!! Our mouths dropped open to say the least! I murmured, hmmm, college fund just got bigger, I would guess that will be quite a collectible.

This might be our last really nice day, guess there is a chance of rain the next couple of days, so I think I will get out and about, not sure what yet but I will find somewhere to go. Have a great day everyone!