Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
MK: I don't think Whistles lasted too long...and they did NOT actually "whistle" lol, but Daisies were around long enough for us to have them and float them in our tomato soup! And of course, when we ate Bugles, we had to wash them down with Fresca...or Tab! Ahhhhhh yes...'dieting' in the 70's...at least it was better than Metracal...blech!!!

Carolyn: DH and I live in the middle of BF Nowhere and when we first moved here, we had a WW lady stop by and give us all kinds of stuff. It was wonderful and the lady was really informative. I got maps and coupons and schedules for just about every business within 30 miles. So now that you're retiring, I would like to say "thank you!" on behalf of everyone who has ever moved into a new (and sometimes strange) area.

Sandy: Pork Butt sounds great! I haven't had one in years, but my mom used to make it all the time...with cabbage and carrots. Then she would make a soup with the leftovers and cooking liquid.

Putting a pot roast in the slow cooker today. Pretty cold in Wisconsin...about 10 here this morning so nothing like a good cut of beef to enjoy with gravy and fauxtatoes! When I eat like this, I wonder why people deliberately eat off plan.

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Slowly getting the house back to normal.
The tree is down and the table is small again.

I lost .2 since Sunday and I've been on plan so far today.
Of course it's only noon . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #33
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Yes...and Fritos and popcorn are my foods from the debil. It's that crunchy corn combo that I can't resist. So, I avoid them like the plague.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
And Bugles!
I Bugles!!
Girls, this isn't helping!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Anyone up for more toffee? Ducking and running
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
You better run!!!

(but save us some for later, hee, hee)
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #36

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

I do think next Christmas we need to have Buffy send us some of her toffee cuz she will
be going cyber by then..And, we will all be skinny and ready for some sugar..

I will miss the WW job. But, the new lady is a great gal who lived in TX for a while and did it down there. Her dh is in a nursing home with Alzheimers so she will enjoy getting out and about.

I weighed myself at exercise (our weekly weigh-in) and no weight was lost..I weighed exactly the same. No big surprise as I am still working off the wedding cake. Been good today.

Anyone watch the OSU game last night? It was exciting..

Donna: Thanks for your kind WW words..and gosh, when you said Metracal, that brought back memories..And I loved the Ayds my mom bought, too.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi gals..

I do think next Christmas we need to have Buffy send us some of her toffee cuz she will
be going cyber by then..And, we will all be skinny and ready for some sugar..

I will miss the WW job. But, the new lady is a great gal who lived in TX for a while and did it down there. Her dh is in a nursing home with Alzheimers so she will enjoy getting out and about.

I weighed myself at exercise (our weekly weigh-in) and no weight was lost..I weighed exactly the same. No big surprise as I am still working off the wedding cake. Been good today.

Anyone watch the OSU game last night? It was exciting..

Donna: Thanks for your kind WW words..and gosh, when you said Metracal, that brought back memories..And I loved the Ayds my mom bought, too.
Oh yes!!!!...Ayds candies! Holy smokers...I had completely forgotten about them! If I recall, they were pretty good tasting. Memories...
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #38

This is what happens when we eat too much corn..Funny video.

VIDEO: Teddy Bear the Porcupine Parties Hard for the New Year - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #39
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Girls, this isn't helping!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
You better run!!!

I remember Ayds!! Wow!!

Carolyn - wonder if she really had a porcupine as a pet?!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #40

I did great at lunch. I ordered a taco salad, hold the shell, beans, rice and extra meat. And drank water and one diet Pepsi! Woohooo!!

My port butt turned out great too. I also made some chicken salad today. DH is trying to manage his BP with diet so he's doing LC plus no salt. So I've been cutting way back on my salt too to support his efforts. But he gets bored easily so I have to be more creative for him. Which might end up being a big struggle. I hope not! He wasn't perfect during the holidays either but now we're both buckling down.

I remember Ayds!! I liked them! But I don't think they worked unless that's all you ate. And of course that wasn't all I ate. Those chewy calcium supplements always remind me of Ayds.

Well, I washed my hair AGAIN and it's still not fading much. My friends all think it's a little too dark too so at least I know I'm not just being picky. I told DD "aren't you glad you didn't pick this for me?" She said "yup, lol". It'll fade, I just am not very patient.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #41

Hi.

I do think that porcupine is her pet...Otherwise how would she get that hat on him, MK?
Maybe he is fixed so he doesn't needle her..

Some of the gals on the PG suggest washing hair with Dawn to tone down the color and wash some of it out, Sandy..

That taco shell is another of the debil food..Corn again. It's much better not to even have it on the plate.

Rachel made it safely..She and Brett went out to dinner..Then she will open her Christmas presents and Brett will open his. I think she got us something..sweet.

Ayds were delicious. They probably were Kraft Caramels wrapped in different wrappers and 10 times the price.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

Ayds were delicious. They probably were Kraft Caramels wrapped in different wrappers and 10 times the price.

You're so right!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #43

Well, good eating is paying off! I'm now .4 below my Dec. 1 weight so all the holiday/surgery weight is out the door!! Hopefully FOREVER!! 146.4 this a.m. And I'll take it!!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #44

Hi..

Good morning..Hurray for you, Sandy..Finally all the fluid left the building. Get ready for your trip..in your bikini..

Akkk..trying to find out if KU/KSU game is on our cable channels..Don't see it on the tv guide, but will call the Cable Company when they open. We have friends who have a dish and they get it, so we probably will go over there. It should be a good one.

Got a big bag of real candy from Rachel's mom. I had one piece and will hide the rest..LOL.

Rachel and I are off to exercise as soon as she gets up..LOL..then a tour of Brett's office, lunch out, and errands this afternoon. Gotta keep a gal busy. Then we will watch the DVR of the Bachelor.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
I didn't realize you could make a pet of a porcupine? That was really cute.

I remember ayds, my ex mother-in-law used to use them, along with weight watchers and always was on a diet, poor thing, she was a wonderful person but I never saw her be able to lose a lb, but she sure tried.

Well, in the name of work, I made fudge and peanut brittle yesterday, yes, work. I am now going to work on finding the very best of my many fudge recipes and also peanut brittle to add to my offered candies. The peanut brittle is good, but just run of the mill, nothing that stands out. The fudge otoh, was quite good, I used a different mixture of chocolates in it to give it a unique flavor. Now, I will wrap it and store what I don't have others try, to see how it keeps, etc. Fudge does freeze well, where my toffee, you can freeze it but the chocolate on top gets little white specks on it which won't do. I don't think I can use the foodsaver on the fudge, afraid it would flatten it out like a pancake. Went out looking for Valentine ideas and packaging yesterday while I still work on my own personal packaging.

Today must be a stay at home, get organized day. I still have a few things to return, DH is trying one shirt on a day and wearing it, I want him to decide on all of them, keep or return so I can get that done.

While out yesterday I saw a friend who had on the Ugg Dakota Slippers, oh my, I wants me a pair of those. I know they are worth the price but can't bring myself to spend $100 on them right after Christmas when everything else is on sale. I have never had Ugg's before but everyone swears they are awesome. So, I have set up a search on ebay, my source for most things.

Sandy, good job on your weight, you will be all ready to go on vacation, how's the knee coming?

Carolyn, enjoy your company, sounds like you already are and MK, do you still have kids in the house?

Donna, how are you doing on EFGT?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...I'm here...good morning everyone!

Sandy: It is wonderful when things move along and we are so motivated to eat well. Obviously, your efforts are really paying off.

Buffy: Still waiting for the book to arrive...I think it's supposed to be here by early next week, but I am doing my best to tweak my eating. The scale moved slightly lower and that's just fine with me. As long as I'm not hungry, I'm good.

Today, DH and I are heading to "the big city" to do a little shopping since there are some things I just can't get out here in BF Nowhere. So with a 50 min. ride there, a 50 min. ride back, and about 2 hrs. actually spent shopping, we probably won't be back until well after dark...ughh!

No kids or pets here. Step-son lives in California, daughter lives in Arkansas, both mom's live in Milwaukee area. Siblings and friends live there as well. THANK GOODNESS for the internet and my genealogy hobby! If I didn't have those, all I would be doing is shoveling snow, stoking the wood stove and sitting with the remote. Think...lots of mindless eating! Soooooooo not good...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Donna, that does sound like you are out in the boonies! Lots of peace and beauty there though, I'll bet.

At least it is just an hour to somewhere big to shop, what city are you closest to? I am so spoiled with Dallas/Ft. Worth that I can shop anywhere but I grew up in rural Iowa so know that lifestyle too.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Just starting

Hi, my name is Boots and I am trying to start this program. I love everything I read on this site. I am diabetic and hope this helps me. Would love and input or advice. Thank you.
lindawell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #49
Princess Proofreader

Boots!

Buffy - Have you looked at Pinterest? It might give you some unique ideas. I have Ugg slippers and i LOVE them!!

Donna - where in WI? I'm in IL, but my DS22 goes to school in Waukesha and his GF is from Neenah.

Carolyn - what kind of candy!
Emily's mom sent a big box of homemade cookies! The Gingerbread was amazing!

Sandy - that's awesome!

VERY hard RIP class today. We're finished with building and now into defining. So moved from a barbell to dumbbells. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!
Then out to lunch with the boys (sushi) and we ran some errands.
Leftovers for dinner tonight!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Boots.

MK, I remember when you got your Uggs, I think from Santa???

Yes, Pinterest is a great idea.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #51
Princess Proofreader

Santa or DH - I can't remember!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #52

I can't quite get into Pinterest??

Welcome Boots!

Well, bad news. DH is going to have to have spinal surgery. He's going to try to hold out until summer if he can. And his other Dr said he has to get his BP down and his cholesterol down and they'll test him again in
April to see if he's making any progress. Poor guy. He's had a bad day.

I start PT tomorrow on my knee. I hope they don't hurt me too much.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy: Hmmmm...the closest 'real' city would be Waupaca or Wautoma. By big, I mean there are fast food places, hardware stores and major grocery chains. We have a K-Mart in Waupaca and a Pamida in Wautoma...kind of like ChinaMart, but a smaller version.

I've only driven through Dallas/Ft.Worth on a trip to South Padre Island. I have 'distant' relatives that live in San Antonio, but haven't seen them since the 60's! OMG!!!

Boots: I'm new here too and still learning the ropes!!! Welcome!

Sandy: I used to live in Waukesha...a long time ago. Now, we're about 2 1/2 hours away and Neenah is just a little south of Appleton, where we were today. Where in IL? My parents came from the Chicago area.

Got our shopping done and back home by 8:30...boy was that a long day! Glad to be home and in my jammies
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Learning to eat fat

It is weird after not eating fat, to know it is ok to eat fat. I am going to get Barry Groves book, as soon as possible. But will try to figure this all out from these threads. You all make it sound fun.
lindawell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Well, bad news. DH is going to have to have spinal surgery. He's going to try to hold out until summer if he can. And his other Dr said he has to get his BP down and his cholesterol down and they'll test him again in
April to see if he's making any progress. Poor guy. He's had a bad day.

I start PT tomorrow on my knee. I hope they don't hurt me too much.
I know Sandy, I don't quite get Pinterest yet either.

Sorry to hear your DH's news, that was a bad day. Hope your PT goes well and hope they don't hurt you too much either.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #56

Another nice drop this a.m. ! It's always amazing to me how well this works when I do it right, lol.

I forgot to tell you another piece of news DH received. He's also borderline diabetic. I think he has been for years but has been in denial. Now the Dr. finally said it so he can't pretend it's not there now. He's only a tiny bit overweight. Doesn't even look overweight, but going by the charts he could lose maybe 10 pounds. It's really hard for him to drop weight and I think that's why.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #57
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, Sandy, sounds like EFGT for DH also. But I'm glad your butt turned out well!

Buffy, do you do toffee every year? I'm not sure if I remember it last Christmas. I just made some pomegranate jelly in cute little jars. I also have a recipe for wild blueberry lemon jam and I think the 2 together in a cookie box would be fun. I love homemade gifts !

Carolyn, what happened to the gentleman from Canada that used to post here occasionally? I can't think of his name.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Up half the night, then slept late, grrrr.

Welcome Boots, not sure if I did that or not.

Cindy, I have made toffee every year for 20 years or more, just decided this year to make a business of it and I plan on doing it all during the year and adding more of the candies I make as well. I know Christmas will be my busy season but am looking at other areas too. Not ready to go on the internet yet with shipping a food product, etc. but taking baby steps. Nice that I can go at my own pace on it.

Sandy, did DH's doctor mention wellbutrin as a med, they sometimes give it to people who are borderline and it usually results in a small weight loss. First avenue though is to alter diet to see if that controls it. And, a strict LC diet will but you have to be very strict all the time, can't waver back and forth.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #59
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

Well, bad news. DH is going to have to have spinal surgery.
I like to look at all the fashions, food, quotes etc on Pinterest. It's like shopping without the $$!

Poor DH!!

And how did your appointment with the PT go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post

Sandy: I used to live in Waukesha...a long time ago. Now, we're about 2 1/2 hours away and Neenah is just a little south of Appleton, where we were today. Where in IL? My parents came from the Chicago area.
Not Sandy - I'm the one interested about your spot in WI!
DS22 goes to Carroll University (used to be Carroll College).
So if you're a little south of Appleton - aren't there shops there?
DS looked at Lawrence U too. I remember downtown being adorable!

We live in the center of the state - between Chicago and St Louis. DS19 goes to college in Chicago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindawell8 View Post
It is weird after not eating fat, to know it is ok to eat fat. I am going to get Barry Groves book, as soon as possible. But will try to figure this all out from these threads. You all make it sound fun.
Of course it's fun! We're fun!

Quote:

I forgot to tell you another piece of news DH received. He's also borderline diabetic. I think he has been for years but has been in denial. Now the Dr. finally said it so he can't pretend it's not there now. He's only a tiny bit overweight. Doesn't even look overweight, but going by the charts he could lose maybe 10 pounds. It's really hard for him to drop weight and I think that's why.

Wow - he had a rough dr appt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I also have a recipe for wild blueberry lemon jam
That sounds amazing!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #60

PT went well. She thinks I'll progress quickly so I sure hope she's right.

Buffy, I've never heard of wellbutrin for diabetes? Do you mean metformin?

He did LC for years with me but in the last couple years he's strayed. Not entirely, but apparently enough that it's showing up on him. I told him the difference between mine and his straying is that I go back strict occasionally and he never did. He just stayed off track. Poor guy's genetics aren't helping him one bit either. Ugh!