Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #301
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sunny here today - finally!

Going to see The Artist tonight and One for the Money tomorrow!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Sounds like a good movie..The Artist..Have fun...
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #303

Hi ladies..

Four hours ago, MKay posted that she was with her Mom in the ER..Prayers for her..

Nice chilly day..Made some LC banana bread and HC cookies to take to the shut-ins..
and started some LC eggplant for tonight.

Have a cold...yuck..
Old 01-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
Hi Everyone!...running in here before heading to bed.

The storage room project is progressing as expected with a few little bumps, but nothing serious. Wall in, electric in, door hung; now we start the sheetrock, then tape and mud, finish sand, prime and paint. Probably sounds exhausting to all of you, but this is just what I do...

Prayers going out to Cindy for your dear Rosemary...and to Mary Kay for your ailing mom...and to Carolyn so you get better soon!

Still eating on plan and thankfully, not experiencing any real hunger. But...the scale absolutely REFUSES to move...ughh!!!!! The part that is absolutely INFURIATING is the fact that I've been grain-free as well, so I can't even blame the grains for bloating me. I'm going to keep at this in hopes that something will give, but I'm thinking that I had my "one golden shot" last time around and this is it for me. Oh well...

kbelle: Those keto sticks NEVER worked for me so I wouldn't get too upset over it. But Carolyn is right, hormones, exercise, stress could definitely play a role in not only how much you lose, but if you lose. Your best defense is just sticking rigidly to the plan for a while and making small changes as time goes on.

All for now...gotta catch my zzzz's...more work to do tomorrow...

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...

Last edited by RVcook; 01-28-2012 at 09:10 PM..
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #305

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm thinking about MK and her mom this morning and remembering them in my prayers.

Carolyn, I hope it's not that cold that's going around that hangs on forever! You might need antibiotics. Everybody I know who's had it had to get them. Not fun. Do you have any bone broth? I've really gotten into that lately.

I was 143 yesterday morning and 145.2 this a.m. Guess what the culprit is for that???? SALT!! So tons of water today to try to flush it all out.
My youngest DGS turns 19 today and we're all meeting at Chili's to celebrate. I need to check out their menu beforehand and see what I want to order.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning.

Yes, I saw MK's post on FB. Wishing them all the best.

Donna, that does sound like a lot of work but I am soooo jealous of a "storage room"! I grew up in Iowa in old farm houses where it seemed we always had an extra bedroom or some room we called the storage room, or a basement. Moved to TX and no basement and no extra rooms for storage, our attic is full but unhandy. What I would give for a storage room.

Carolyn, I have a cold or something too. Had it before Colorado, got antibiotics and a steroid shot but the whole time I was there the kids had runny noses and I came home no better than before I went, it is still hanging on. I don't feel real bad, but don't feel quite normal either. Had to delay my last order of toffee b/c I didn't want to make it while not feeling well, even if I washed hands and washed hands. She wasn't in a hurry so it worked out well.

Sandy, if you have been into broth that probably accounts for the salt gain.

As usual, have been very tired since getting home from Colorado. It always takes me a few days to get rested up again. Going to take it easy again today and should be back to a normal schedule tomorrow.

Sunny, pretty and chilly here in Dallas today.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #307
Big Yapper!!!!

Decided to stay in today and watch the first season of Downton Abbey, oh, so good!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #308
Princess Proofreader

Mom is better, so I'm better too!

Thanks for all the prayers - I know they helped.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #309

Hi ladies..

Thanks for the get well wishes..I skipped church today, but need to go out
tonight for a little while. I'm heading to the doctor's tomorrow for blood test results/thyroid, so I will ask her if I need meds.

Glad your mom is doing better, MK..It is scary when parents get old and emergencies can happen very quickly.

Cindy: Wow..this morning there was a show about this man from Australia who works with problem horses..It was on Fox Sports, I think. He has workshops all over the US.DownUnder something. I know that your baby boy is perfect, but it was really interesting to watch him work.

Oh..I think the First Season of Downton Abbey is the best..I'm dvring tonight's episode..I think it is the last one of the season???

Oh..on the Golden Shot, Jackie Eberstein (?) has a great podcast with Jimmy Moore about Obstacles to Weight Loss..Check it out..No such thing as the one golden shot, she says, but sometimes we have to do a very clean induction to get us going again..

Salt is of the debil. My doctor gave me some water pills that work great for releasing extra fluid. Dh takes one every day, but I only do it when I feel
extra bloated.

Carolyn

Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #310

My bone broth is actually homemade from marrow bones, so no salt at all in the cooking and just a very light sprinkle of sea/mineral salt when I drink it. I did however have a salted rim on 2 drinks last night which does NOT help at all!!

MK So glad to hear your mom and you are both better. That is so very stressful to all involved.

All you cold sufferers, I wish you wellness quickly. Not fun!!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
MK, so glad your mom is better, you can rest easier.

Sandy, 2 drinks will show up as an instant gain I have found, let alone with salted rims. But, we have to live life to and enjoy it with family and friends, very important.

Carolyn, that show about the guy who works with horses was called Buck, wasn't it? I saw it a while back after my oldest DD saw it and told me it was a must see. Very good. Now, I see there is a show on tv about a "cat whisperer", hmmmm, we'll see about that one. Wish I could remember what it was called.

Oh, I hope last night wasn't the last Downton Abbey for this season, it is so good. I watched episode 1 of this season over again last night, after watching the first season, everything began to fall into place and I wanted to go back to the beginning of this season now and watch it so I caught everything. I can watch a lot of tv, movies, etc. on net flix on my new Ipad so I will get caught up on a lot of series. MK, still going to watch Dexter from the beginning.

Have an appt. today with diabetic doctor at 1:45, not sure I can hold off eating until then or not to get my blood work done but will try.

Beautiful sunny day here again.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday Sandy, Buffy, Cindy, Mary Kay, Carolyn and Kbelle!

Another gloomy winter day here in Wisconsin accompanied by damp, bone-chilling temps. According to City-Data, in our area, 75% of days in any calendar year are cloudy. When DH and I were in the southwest, over 300 days of the year were sunny; here, we only have 109 days of sunshine. I'd better tell DH to hide the knives...

Well, it's been just over a month since I introduced the EFGT guidelines to my daily nutrition plan and the results are in:

I've lost...................................1 lb.................................................. ...!

That's it...1 lb...yep...one single pound...only 1...okey-dokey... Now I'm beginning to wonder if I should be eliminating dairy products since the other changes I made to my food intake haven't helped my cause...sigh...

DH and I are off to the 'big city' today to do some shopping.

Waving to everyone...

Last edited by RVcook; 01-30-2012 at 09:30 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #313

Hi gals..

Went to the doctor to adjust my meds. Nothing crazy, but she told me not to eat simple carbs..I told her 90 percent of the time I don't..and exercise 5 times a week, etc..She told me to take Iodoral with my thyroid meds for more energy. And, I did get a long-acting allergy shot, Buffy...then she told me to take Mucinex.

Buffy: The show is called The Cat from Hell and it includes that cat whisperer, who is very knowledgable about our favorite animal..Yeah, I think the horse guy is Buck..Now, we just need a husband whisperer show..LOL..

Donna: One pound is one pound..Honestly, as we age, those pounds do not want to leave us unless they are forced to by a major eviction plan. I wish I could figure out the system. I did Lean for Life for a while and dropped a bit, but I was hungry and it is a lowfat plan/lowish carb plan..Not much food..

Sandy: That bone marrow broth sounds very healthy...

Downton Abbey fans...I think there is another episode or two or three.. Thank goodness..Questions I have for you..

a. That Sir Richard looks really old, right?
b. Now who is that new maid Jane? hmmmm..
c. What will they do with Ethel and her baby?
d. Will Mrs. Bates get murdered?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #314
Princess Proofreader

I'm still dealing with mom - though they've moved her out of ICU and into a regular room!
yay!

Now to get her back to her place and out of the hospital!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #315

MKay: I didn't realize that they put her in the hospital...Praying that she will get better quickly and back to her "home" soon...

My goodness..Went to hear Danny Cahill (Biggest Loser #8) from Tulsa. He lost 236 pounds and looks wonderful. Of course, I made a fool of myself when I met him..LOL..Didn't get a picture, but I told him that my gfriend Tony (who went with me) and I were huge fans and watch all the shows...He did an very important talk about being successful in weight loss or life. I took notes and will post his points briefly in the Main Lobby when I get organized..

Getting better..Still waiting for my ears to let loose of the fluid..I found some oil of oregano in my vitamin stash..That is supposed to be good for colds..
Old 01-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #316

AKKKK..New month on the horizon...Name???
Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Something with one of these words in the title (to go along with February)?...
Fabulous
Frolicking
Feisty
Fearless
Fantastic

Just sayin'...
Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Ahhh, can't sleep! Slept too much over the weekend, which felt great, can't sleep tonight, which is irritating cause I feel tired.

I like Fearless in February!

A. I assume Sir Richard is an older man
B. Hmm, yes, will Jane cause a stir?
C. Will they move Ethel and the baby back into Downton Abbey, where she can begin work again and they are already feeding them it seems.
D. Which Mrs. Bates, the evil one or our lovely young one? I think she and Mr. Bates got married, didn't they? Maybe not, can't remember yet if his divorce went through or not.

My cousin said she watched the first episode of this season and couldn't "get into" it???? She is the first I have heard that hasn't fallen in love with the series. I told her to go rent season 1 and see if she liked it better watching it from the beginning.

Had a return to Best Buy today where I was past their deadline so had to exchange it for something, so, I bought Apple TV. Now, I can watch streaming video from netflix on my tv, and also stuff on my computer and itunes. I didn't have a Wii or you can also use that and a couple of other devices I didn't have. So much to watch, so little time, LOL.

Went to diabetes dr. today, all seems well, will get lab results in a week or so.

Donna, congrats on the 1 lb. Perhaps if you think of it this way, if you continue to lose a lb a month, by next January you will be 12 lbs thinner and you don't seem to have lots to lose, and will be getting healthier all the time? I know it is frustrating to work hard at it and not lose more.

Last edited by Buffy45; 01-31-2012 at 12:04 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #319

I'm liking Fearless in February..Donna..it's helpful to have another brain thinking of our monthly names...

Buffy: Wow..that is a great idea that you can stream..I use my Wii..

D. The first and evil Mrs. Bates..No, Anna and Mr. Bates are still in love. Anna might want to move in with him..but he doesn't want that.
B. I think Jane is "related" some way, in my little mind..or she might be a temptress for the Lord of the Manor..
E. I think Mary will end up with William in the end.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #320
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Hi all. Checking in. Still very sad over Rosemary (I cry a lot when I go into the bedroom as she was always there) but I'm sure this will get better. Warm weather here but can't ride as DHOR 11 (Victor) has a hoof crack that won't be looked at till the 9th. On a very NON-LC, non-low calorie subject, I ordered 3 pizzas from Giordano's in Chicago, including a heart shaped pizza we will have for Valentines day. We loved Giordano's when we were in Chicago. It's probably not good they overnight ship!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #321

A big hug to you, Cindy..Lots of PGround pets are joining Rosemary lately, so she won't be lonely over the Bridge. Giordano's is the best pizza..One piece is a meal..if you eat it very slowly. The only bad thing is the crust..I'm betting sometime we could make a Deep Dish LC crust.

Paid my cruise dues today..I'm excited for the LC cruise. Dh doesn't want to rent a tux for formal nights..He says he can get into his suit if he loses 15 pounds..(good incentive).
Old 01-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #322
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
Something with one of these words in the title (to go along with February)?...
Fabulous
Frolicking
Feisty
Fearless
Fantastic

Just sayin'...
Looking Fabulous in February!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #323
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Cindy..Lots of PGround pets are joining Rosemary lately, so she won't be lonely over the Bridge.
Boy, I've noticed that! There was a nice update on an adoption kitty named Noel because they found him on Christmas eve. He is a little black kitten curled up with their big orange cat!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #324

How about Fearless, Fabulous, Frisky, Feisty, and Fantastic Frauleins in February!!

Just kidding, but I couldn't resist. I'm sure we're all of those things though, right?

I have dinner theater tonight. Always a challenge. But always a nice evening out with friends and family too. DH isn't even on his way home yet though!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #325

What is the play, Sandy???

Oh..you guys...How about Fearless Fraulein Challenge for February..Did we spell fraulein right?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #326

FEARLESS FRAULEIN CHALLENGE FOR FEB.

New thread.