Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Ahhh, back home early. Traffic was very slow at the store today and I decided to just pack up and come home early, I am TIRED. Sold a little bit more, gave some out to the people who work there and gave the owner 2 lbs. She was happy and has invited me back for other holidays and special occasions which is great.

I haven't got a count yet on my lbs of butter but saved all my receipts so will post it as soon as I have time to figure it up, it was a lot for my first attempt at sales.

We are going to my stepdaughter's this evening to give the kids their gifts, long story but she never called us to invite us over and tell us when they would like us to come until yesterday, now is "hurt" because we aren't coming Christmas day. IN the past we stop by after they have their Christmas dinner which we aren't invited to and so this year when DD said to come to their house, that is where we decided to go. mmmm, like I said, long story.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas eve, enjoy family and friends, stay safe if traveling and Merry Christmas to each of you.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #212
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Lunch today at an Indian restaurant - yum!
Tree is decorated.
Next up - church!

Buffy - that's great! And good idea to treat the owner!!

Carolyn - there's a butter shortage?!

Cindy - be safe!

Sandy - Hope you're feeling better!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #213
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all as I will be on the road all day. See ya all on the 26th!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #214
Princess Proofreader

Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Love this, Merry Christmas to all my buds!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you all are having wonderful Christmas days with your families, we are off in a little while to DD's house.

Now, I am going to be out looking for a food saver, do you gals have them and if so, what do I need to look for or look out for?
Old 12-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

We had a great Christmas eve/Christmas day. Beth and Shawn came and Brett even stayed over here in case Santa forgot where he lived. Everyone liked their presents, which is always great. Shawn's folks came over for Christmas dinner. Hmmm..I cooked my roast to 125 and it was rare, but good. I have more to heat up for tomorrow..I love that thermometer..

Buffy..Christmas can be complicated..People have to be specific about invitations I think.. Oh well, the grandkids got their presents..Most important thing. Foodsaver ideas? Get the latest version and check on Amazon for feedback. I'm sure you are toffeed out for a while.

Sandy: I hope your knee held out, girl. Shawn's mother's hip is out, so she was hobbling, too until she can have surgery in January.

Cindy: Hope you had a wonderful Iowa Christmas..

MK: I'm sure your house was full of kiddos and they get to stay a little while longer, too.

akkk...too many sweets. Back on plan tomorrow for sure. I'm throwing the cookies away, etc..I feel good when I do that.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #218
Always on, slightly off

I'm never eating again..........except I have a ribeye roast planned for dinner.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #219

Cindy: I thought the same thing..I'm back on plan..Cruise in May is my incentive.

I threw away all the Christmas cookies..and other carby things from yesterday. I was going to let dh take the cookies to the office..but they don't need them either..

Anyway, I did step on the scale and was up to 158 this morning. Luckily, my pants still fit me..
Old 12-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
The only thing I overdid it on was sweets, tried too many bites of this and that, but just had the one holiday dinner which was last night and smart DD made just enough for dinner, there were very few left overs and I only brought home the pie that DH wanted me to bring home.

Had so much fun at DD's with little Bobby and Ava, they are just at the perfect age for it and were having so much fun with their Santa gifts and wanted us to join in, Ava got a kitchen set from Santa and kept insisting that Mema sit on one of her tiny little chairs at her little table, well, hard enough to fit on that chair but my knees just don't cooperate at getting up and down that far, but who can resist an almost 2 year old cook in a little pink apron. The astronaut suit we got Bobby was a huge hit, he got it all on and walked out of the room annoucing he was now going into space, good bye! LOL Grant is getting at the kind of awkward age of 12 where Christmas is not so exciting but we tried hard to keep him in the center of it all too. I had him bring his tuba and play his parts of their school Christmas concert and he was so proud. Talked to DD#1 and DS on the phone and DD 3 and her family were at DD2's house. Good times.

Off to Kohl's today, they have 20% off and if you didn't get the coupon, look on my FB page, I shared it there. Dragging DH there to make him try on jeans and they have a foodsaver on sale, which of course is regular price after they had marked it up, but with 20% off it is worth trying and if I don't like it, Kohl's is good at returns.

Cleaning lady coming this afternoon, I have cut her back to once a month so it is sorely needed but wish I had a few days to get a little more ready for her, lots of mess still to clean around.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #221

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I had a wonderful time with family and my knee held up pretty well. I was very tired by the time we got home last night and slept in until 9 this .am. I think I could've even slept longer but figured I better get up and see what DH was doing. He's off this whole week. I'm totally off the crutches now and used a cane yesterday. I'm going to try it solo today, most of the day, and see how I do.

I ate way too much yesterday but it sure was good!! DD's rib roast came out perfectly!! We're having French dip sammies today out of the leftovers so today won't be a great food day either. But maybe tomorrow I can regroup. I better! I don't want to undo all my success from this month.

I'm happy to hear you all had a great holiday. Now we can all take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the end of the year.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #222
Always on, slightly off

Yeah, Sandy on DD's roast! I'm doing a ribeye roast today from Costco. No clue how long it will take but am using my meat thermometer so I will have a starting point.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #223

Hi gals..

Oh...I love your Christmas gkids' stories..Kids are really fun, especially at Christmas time.

Roast is going to get re-roasted for dinner..Dd made brussels sprouts mixed in with olive oil/salt and pepper, halved and panstirred..They are great that way.

Sweets are GONE..LOL..I do have ice cream in the freezer leftover. Honestly, I think I will throw it away cuz I don't want to give anyone ice cream with scoops out of it..LOL.

Sandy:..So glad you are doing so much better.. Regrouping is a good idea for sure.

Cindy: Enjoy your roast tonight..I love that thermo..Might plug it in when I reheat the roast tonight. I think mine should have been at 135ish..I can't wait to try it on a pork roast.

Beside me is my little steno book which is going to keep track of my foods..I could do ******, but I'm lazyish..I think I will keep track of calories and carbs.

That JUDD method sounds like a good one..There are Up Days and Down Days. The Up Days could be 1700 calories and the Down Days could be 500 calories. Many peeps have had success, but the DD's sound pretty bleak.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

So happy everyone had a nice Christmas and lots of good eats.

Saw Mission Impossible today after I went to Kohls, it was good, a little over done on the shoot em up, beat em up, throw them off buildings and car chases but otherwise good. The girls and I want to see the Marilyn Monroe one this week sometime.

Kohls didn't have the foodsaver that was on sale so let me have the nicer model that wasn't on sale for 20% off plus my additional 20% off coupon, will let you know what I think. I also think it will be nice when we buy meat ahead for the freezer, the stores just don't wrap it well even though you ask them to freezer wrap it, used to be an art but like most things, is very sloppy today. Tried to think of some other stores to go look around at but there is just nothing we need to be looking at.
Santa brought me an Ipad and DD got me a nice cover for it so I am having fun playing with that.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #225

I think you will like your Foodsaver..I have an old one, but I don't use it much..but probably should..Lots of LCF peeps use theirs..I think there is a chart on how long things keep, Buffy.

I'm not smart enough for an Ipad..Dh has one and he gets it sort of..

I think my calories were around 1100 today..and carbs were like 38. My bad carbopalooza was my McD's SF vanilla latte with whipped cream. Calories are about 90 and carbs are 18. It's milk..Good for my bones, I guess.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #226
Princess Proofreader

I've been awake since 3:00am!!

We had an amazing Christmas yesterday and now it's snowing!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Slept in until 9 this morning, everything finally catching up with me but now feel like it is time to try to get back in a somewhat normal routine, which changes all the time, so who knows what normal is?

Carolyn, Ipads and Iphones are very easy to use, I have really fallen in love with apple and will try very hard to buy a mac the next time I need to buy a computer. I wanted to this last time but backed off b/c of the expense, so hopefully, I can get one next time or they will be a little closer in price to a pc. I am loving my Ipad, keep it near me in the evening while relaxing or watching tv and it saves getting up and running in to my computer every time I want to check on something.

Stopped to get gas yesterday and left my iphone in sight on the seat of my car while running in to get a diet coke, I did lock the doors but came out, drove on to the movie theater and while "talking" to DD on the phone looked over and realized my phone wasn't on the seat, I said oh no, where is my phone, did I lock my car? Oh no, where is it, I was searching through my purse when and talking to DD when I DUH, realized I was talking on my phone!! A very very senior moment!

Beautiful sunny day here, we really haven't had much of a winter yet, although we don't usually but last year we had snow 4 times which was very unusual. Talked to my cousin in SE Iowa last night and she said they had had no snow yet this year. Usually the winters get very long for her so I was happy that it won't be so bad this year.

Still trying to find DH some jeans, we looked again yesterday and their stock is so low that sizes impossible to find. She said they get a truck in tomorrow so will check again. And, have to find some tall shirts for him at a reasonable price, he is 6'4" and has been able to wear regular length in the past b/c he was so slim, wellllllll, he is still slim except in the belly area and so now he needs long shirts so they will stay tucked in. Kohl's has a few online but not in the colors he wanted. Sometimes I luck out at TJ's and Marshalls for really great buys on shirts but haven't lately.

Hope you all are having good week relaxing after Christmas or still enjoying your family. Sandy, hope you are improving on a daily basis.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #228

Hi gals..

I loved your phone story, Buffy..Sounds like something I would do..It is hard to find jeans after the holidays. Good luck finding tall shirts..Penney's might be having a sale, you know..LOL..They are always having a sale.

Yes, Sandy..hope you are improving daily.

MK: 3:00 a.m..Have you tried melatonin? I will get up in the night, but can go back to sleep pretty easily.

No snow down here and the peeps are happy about it.

Tree is undecorated and needs to go outside tonight..It didn't lose its needles very much, so that is a good thing.

I was down a little bit in weight..156. I weighed at my gym this morning for our Weekly Weigh Down thing and with clothes and shoes on I was 159. One of my friends is starting next week.

Hopefully Cindy has some time off this week.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #229
Princess Proofreader

Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #230
Always on, slightly off

Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
Still taking it easy, the girls and I are going to see the Marilyn movie at 1:00.

Nice, sunny day here.

Office still a mess, who cares?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #232

Hi ladies..

Still keeping track of my foods..LOL..I am down a few pounds from my high on Monday a.m. Of course, then I hit my brick wall of 154..LOL..

It is very nice here..Dh is at the doctor's for bloodwork results..Tomorrow we are heading out to an evening wedding..overnight, etc..

Maybe dh and I will catch a movie when we are away..Whoppee..Don't feel like shopping for clothes..
Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #233
Princess Proofreader

But you could shop for shoes . . . or purses!!

Buffy - can't wait to hear your review..
Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #234

LOL..Mary Kay. Santa brought me a new purse for Christmas..A red one.. So, now I have to switch..
Old 12-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #235
Princess Proofreader

Pic of your new purse??
Old 12-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Wasn't meant for us to see the movie today. One of my DD's was at a class too late to make the movie, other DD and I got there only to find out the 1:30 one wasn't showing and the next was at 3:20, we were both tired so just came back home. Another day.

Love red purses, always feel good carrying red.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #237

Hi gals..

I'm bad at pictures..I'll see if I can find it online..

Tired...time for bed..

Marilyn will be around for a while..Better watching it when you are perky..
Old 12-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #238

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all,
My knee is getting better day by day. Last night it was really bothering me though. If I sit in a straight chair very long it doesn't like it very much. And walking on a slant is NOT good. I'm off crutches/cane now mostly. I did use the cane last night when it was really hurting me. I go back to see the Dr. Wed.

I'm anxious to hear what you think of Marilyn too Buffy. I've heard very mixed ones so far. We want to try to see War Horse before the week is over. We're taking our youngest DGD out for lunch on the Plaza today for her good grades. We won't be doing a lot of strolling around though. Which is too bad considering how pretty the weather has been.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #239
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #240

Hi gals..

I think War Horse would be a wonderful movie..I wonder how many boxes of kleenex one would need...Let us know.

Oh..I'm sure your knee will be up and down until it is perfect again, Sandy.

Oh...had one cup of coffee...need another one for the road.

Heading for the wedding..Will see Beth and Shawn so that will be fun. She is in charge of the Coffee Bar, so I hope she isn't too stressed out...and they have lots of electrical cords.

cyalater...