Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all, Surgery went great. I was home by 6 so that was nice. I hardly slept all night though. I think pain pills effect me that way and I always forget that. Ugh. Not much pain this a.m. so that's good. Thanks for all the prayers and support. It was greatly appreciated!!

Believe it or not but I was UP 4 pounds this a.m.!!!! It must be fluid retention or something. It sure can't be from eating, lol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #182
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Definitely fluid Sandy!!
Glad it went well!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Sandy, glad you are back home and all went well, take care of yourself now to heal quickly.

Carolyn, the rest of the meal is going to be honey baked ham, scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, baked pineapple, topped off with a pumpkin and an apple pie. It will be great I am sure.

Today I am making more toffee, surprise, surprise, haha. Have an appointment at 1:00 and then off to do just a little more shopping. Have to try yet another Kohl's store to see if they have DH's size in the levis he likes. I just realized I haven't wrapped his gifts yet.

DD#3 with the ultra stressful job is finally off for Christmas so hopefully, she can get rested up and relax some and enjoy the holiday. She is even going to lose some of her vacation time, just could not get it in before the end of the year.

Talked to DD#1 last night, her DH is off for 10 days, he is a college dean, the 2 college kiddos are home for their break but she has to work until Friday, she is a principal and her school is getting ready for some major renovations so wanted to get in as many days as possible before that starts, this way they can get out a little earlier come spring.

DD#2 is so lucky that she is a stay at home mommy these days and she is having a great time with the 2 little ones.

DS and DDIL both have to work right up to Christmas day.

And, our weather is delightful, bright and sunny and chilly, perfect!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #184
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Yeah, Sandy!! I'm glad all went well. Busy, busy, busy this week but will stop in!!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #185

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Sandy..so glad your surgery went well and you aren't in pain...Now, take it easy so you will continue to be painfree..Hope you won't be cooking much over the holidays..Good thing you are having Christmas dinner at your relatives.

I don't know how working moms with little ones do it..I'm sure they are exhausted after the holidays are over, Buffy. Oh....I hope you sell lots of toffee this weekend..Did you find any tins?

MK is right..Fluid, fluid, fluid..It will leave the building soon..

Take care, Cindy and don't overdo it..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #186

Well, tonight it's hurting a bit. I guess all the injected pain meds have totally worn off by now, lol. But I think I'm doing very well. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!

Nope, no cooking for me this weekend. DD, DDIL and DGDs will have to take up my slack this year I guess.

If I miss you before the holiday Cindy--Have a Merry Christmas and safe travels!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

ONly got 2 batches of toffee made today but tried different toppings, one with dark chocolate and almonds which a friend had requested and the other with white chocolate which I have been meaning to try. The next two days will be making toffee like a crazy woman, packing it up in tins and containers for my last orders and to sell at the boutique on Sat. and then, poof, it will be over. What a rush! Need to wrap DH's gifts and get one more card in the mail.

DH and I went to dinner tonight, I told him this is the last night to relax over dinner until Christmas. Had a wonderful veal and risotto dish, brought over half of it home, very rich but very good.

I decided today that it should be a law that everyone have everything they have to do for Christmas done by Dec. 22nd, then it is just relaxing and enjoying each other from then on. What we all do is rush like crazy people right up until Christmas eve, then it is Christmas eve, Christmas day and then we are so over it. We really should take more time to actually stop, relax and enjoy it and each other. So, all agreed, raise your hand and we will make it a law!!!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #188
Princess Proofreader

I agree!

And make some toffee with sea salt!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #189

I agree!!! Whole heartedly. Now all we have to do is put it before the house and get this passed into Law!!

I guess the honeymoon is over for awhile with my knee. Wow! I can't believe what a switch from yesterday morning to this morning. I guess I might've done too much, although they told me I couldn't really do "too much", but by last night I definitely knew it was THERE and this a.m. it's making it's presence known too. I'm sure hoping I can get it calmed down b/c I'm pretty much on my own around here today. AND a plumber is coming at 10 a.m. We got home from the hospital the other night and one of our toilets is leaking around the bottom seal at the floor. Ugh!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Ok, we will wait and see if Carolyn and or Cindy vote against us, lOL.

Sandy, so sorry you are in pain, hope you can stay off it as much as possible today. Your leaky toilet reminds me of the Christmas day our neighbors had a house full of relatives and the kitchen sink backed up, it was a mess.

MK, I have been trying to think how to use some sea salt, do you think perhaps just a little sprinkled on the topping of chocolate? I will test out a small corner of one of my batches. What particular sea salt do you or would you use? I just have a container I bought at the grocery store.

Today and tomorrow are nothing but toffee, packaging and in between getting DH's gifts wrapped and that last card out. My house is something a tornado would avoid, omg, tins and cellophane and tape, cooking supplies and utensils everywhere, good thing no one is coming her for Christmas. Santa will certainly just fly right on by.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #191

Hi gals..

I totally agree with you gals..Stop at the 22nd..and enjoy yourselves..

Thinking that Saturday will be a great sales day for Buffy..How much ahead can you make your toffee?? It's hard to be rushed at the last minute. Maybe you could get one of those sealing machines that might let it keep longer so you could package it up at the last minute.

Sandy: The drugs wore off, I'm sure. My friend had this happen to her..Take it easy, girl. Think of "vacation"..and being able to have lots of fun then.

Made some cookies and some of that 2 ingredient fudge. I also made a simple soup of
diced tomatoes, Italian sausage, peppers and onions and a zuke.

I think I have a bladder infection...eeek..Gotta get this under control. Going to a PA this afternoon....Give me those drugs. I didn't want to get the over the counter stuff because it doesn't work all the time.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, I am getting way tired, so just took an hour, sat down, read the paper and just relaxed a bit. Now, going to make some more toffee and may just be all I get made for this round. Tomorrow I will package it and get everything ready for the store. I don't think my sales will be as good this week b/c it is very last minute, though that might help and also, this boutique has 2 sides to it that join at the back. One one side they sell Brighton jewelry, handbags, etc., at the joined back they sell Vera Bradley and a small little area of clothing and then on the other side, they sell Merle Norman cosmetics. Last week I set up on the Merle side but the gals told me to circulate through out the store with my tray of samples. Well, I guess the Brighton Rep who was there in the store complained because she was afraid people would sample my candy and then might then handle her products with hands that weren't as clean. So, this week I have to stay on the Merle side to hand out my samples and let me tell you, the day before Christmas, people aren't on that side buying makeup, they are buying the other items. I will do my best to get the samples to them as they pass my area and the gals that work there know me and will tell people to come over, but I am sure it will hinder my sales some. But, I have to remember, I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to even be in there so will just have to see how it turns out.

Carolyn, I have trouble with UT infections, more now that I have diabetes and I do keep that AZO on hand, sometimes if I take that and drink lots of water at the first hint of it, it will go away, man that drives you crazy! Get something for it right away and remember cranberry juice really helps too. Carbs, carbs but you can get the sugar free.

DGS 3 is sick with a crud that the Dr. says is going around, nothing they can do for it and it lasts about 7 days, so we are thinking little sister, almost 2 will be coming down with it soon. Poor little guy and he is so excited about Christmas this year. Dr. doesn't want to give him anything for his really bad hacking cough so I am looking for any natural remedies? Any ideas girls?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #193

The baby has had a cold/cough for a couple weeks now. The Dr. originally just told his mama that they'd just have to wait it out. Well, last night he started coughing so much that he was throwing up. She called the doc again this a.m. and said she wanted to bring him in, period. Well, now they've decided they're going to treat him for whooping cough!! They said since he's so young that the vaccine might not have taken full effect??? Anyway, he's on a strong antibiotic now and hopefully will be feeling much better by Christmas. On a good note, his lungs are clear. So much nasty stuff is going around. I hope all the little ones are well over the holiday. Christmas is for the kids after all.

I called the Dr. They said I can rotate my pain pills with ibuprofen and that, yes, the drugs had worn off. I've kept the pain pretty much under control today but I'm back to the crutches too. Both of them! Which really limits what I can do since I have no hands. I hope tomorrow brings a marked improvement. My DH and DD said I'm very impatient. Imagine that!!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #194
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I agree!

And make some toffee with sea salt!
Oh, yes!!!!

And Buffy, while I will raise my hand to the affirmative, I still will have to keep doing stuff up to Christmas morning to keep caught up!!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #195

Hi..

They gave me some Cipro..Thank goodness, because I know it would get worse..

Buffy: Darn it all..I know what you mean about the Merle Norman side..Hmm.
why don't get you some little packages of hand wipes to hand to the ladies after they taste your samples? That should not worry the lady on the other side..

Good grief, Sandy..This happened to a friend of mine who had a little one..doctor poo-pooed it. .He ended up with pneumonia in the hospital. Babies can get very sick very quickly, don't you think? Praying for a healthy baby for Christmas.

My friend was very impatient too with her knee surgery..She just couldn't understand why she wasn't perfect in a week..LOL..

Old 12-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #196
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - be patient!!

Buffy - I agree with Carolyn - even get the pop-up wipes and cut your samples really small so they just pop into your mouth. You won't go through as many that way either.

No clue how to incorporate the sea salt. Either sprinkled on top or blended in . . . .

Carolyn - glad you're feeling better!! And your soup sounds great!

Cindy - I agree. In theory I'm in agreement about a cut-off date - but I'll be taking one of my mom's presents back tomorrow and buying her something else!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #197

Oh dear, Mary Kay...It's hard to figure out what moms want..even they don't know.

I think you get coarse sea salt and sprinkle it gently on top of the chocolate before it hardens..??
Old 12-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #198

Martha knows everything..of course..

Salted Toffee-Chocolate Squares - Martha Stewart Recipes

Holy smokes..I feel so much better after taking only one of those pills...I'm taking another one before bed..then just 2 each day for 2 more days..

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-22-2011 at 09:06 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh gals, even I am definitely not following what I wanted to vote on, I will be going strong right up until the last minute.

Carolyn, love your idea about getting a food sealer and experimenting after the holidays on making the toffee, sealing it and seeing how long it keeps. Great idea. It does keep pretty well, even now, I have kept it up to 3 weeks at room temp and it was good, never lasted longer than that. But, if I could get ready for the busy times way ahead, it would sure help. This Christmas has sure been a learning experience and has gone so much better than I ever expected that it kind of overwhelmed me. I have already sold over $1,000 worth and none of that has been in containers of more than 1 lb at a time, usually smaller containers, so hopefully by tomorrow evening, I can have maybe $300 more in sales, I had $500 last Saturday.

I will look into the salted more also after the holidays, thanks for the link to Martha. I did try a batch with white chocolate which was very good and a batch with dark chocolate and it was good too. Have a lot of ideas. Now I have to start looking up area craft shows to get a booth at.

Sandy, glad you got a better handle on the pain and Carolyn, glad you got to the Dr. in time.

Little Bobby is pretty sick and I really wish the Dr. had given him an antibiotic just b/c it is Christmas. I know they shouldn't for something like this but even though they say they don't help, it seems they usually do. Sandy, you poor little guy with whooping cough, wow, that sounds awful. I looked up some home remedies for cough and sent them to DD.

Thanks gals on the idea of the can of wipes, that is a great idea and I am sure the owner will appreciate me doing that. And, the Brighton rep will be happy to see I am being careful

2 more days to go, let me tell you, I am planning on some R & R next week!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #200

Good luck tomorrow Buffy! You've done fantastic this year! You should be very proud!

Carolyn, I hope the Cipro nips your infection in the bud. And I also agree, Buffy, they don't want to give the meds but then they do seem to work when they do??? I don't believe in over using them either, but as a mom/grandma sometimes you just know when they need them. Sometimes better than the Drs!

I had a better night and woke to less pain this a.m. so I'm hoping it'll just keep getting better from here. I better. I'm going to really try to stay off of it most of today and save myself for tomorrow and Sunday. I've gained 5# since last Friday!!! Which has to be fluids or ??? because I'm not eating bad stuff and I'm not overeating. I'm not getting regular exercise either but I'm getting different exercise using the crutches. And now my hands hurt!!! Lol. Whine, whine, whine, right? Anyway, I'll be glad when I'm back to where I can do whatever I want to and get the weight back off and join in all the reindeer fun, lol.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
Sandy, be careful to use lots of padding under your arms with crutches, the one time I had to use them I got so sore there. Best to just sit in your comfy chair and watch movies or read today
Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #202

Hi gals..

Let us not mention weight gain..LOL..Too much 2 ingredient fudge tasting yesterday..Made some of that for my exercise friends..We are going out to lunch today..The first of the year the owner and a bunch of us are going to
start weighing there for real..And see how we do. Accountability is a good thing, I think.

Glad you are better, Sandy.. Yes, Buffy is right..Watch your armpits..ouchie.

Yes, on the antibiotic thing..My ds had ear infections and he was on them
a couple of times a year and he grew up fine. If you need them, you need them...Better than going deaf...I think..or ending up with pneumonia or something like that.

Kids are coming in tomorrow or tonight..LOL..I got taco stuff for Christmas Eve as it is easy and quick..

Buffy: You are our success story. We are proud of you...Hope you sell
out like crazy tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Checking in so I have an excuse to sit down for a moment

Put a post on FB this morning and a friend asked if it was too late to order, so she called me and ordered some to be delivered tomorrow, DH will take that duty. Wasn't going to make anymore but as I begin to package it decided it was worth it to push just a little harder and have 10 more lbs cooling as we speak. Have almost all of what I had made packaged, have to make some signs and got some of those business cards I can print myself if I can get the template figured out, I need to take a class on Word instead of just stumbling around in it.

Got a call last night from a lady who had ordered 2 tins from me last Saturday and I had lost her order and forgot about it, , first time I had done that but she was ok with me taking it to her today so I will do that before she gets off work this evening. Not good business practices!

Back to work, stay out of your yummy fudge Carolyn, I haven't even had a chance to make mine yet, have the marshmallo cream and all and haven't made my peanut brittle yet that the kids like. Maybe Christmas morning while they are all at home with the little ones seeing what Santa brought.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #204
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Busy, busy day!

Went to the gym for a spin class - how did I do that 3 days a week??
It was so hard!

Then played on the new water rowers they just bought.
Classes will start after Jan 1.

They're pretty intense too!

Then, DD25 and I went out to lunch with friends and hit the mall one.last.time.
I had to return some things I bought for my mom that she really can't use and pick up a couple more last minute things!

Now I'm home for the night. I need to wrap and bake some cookies and we still haven't decorated the tree!

Buffy!! That's so great!
Some free marketing advice - don't be in too many craft shows. The booth rent can be expensive and you don't want to eat into all your profits! Also, keep it special! If your amazing toffee is only available at certain times during the year people will look forward to it and buy as much as possible then!

AND you won't be making it 24/7!

Sandy - glad you're better and i hope you stay off your feet!!

Carolyn - you're better too! Yay!

Lizzy - just keep napping!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #205

Hi gals..

Oh, Buffy...now you need a secretary to take care of the orders..Your business is growing like crazy. I can't wait to hear how you do tomorrow. MK is right..Pick and choose your craft fairs..and be sure to check on all the prices for booth rental..But, right now, this is perfect.

That water rower looks intense but good for the arms. I wonder why they use "water"? for more friction...??

Sandy..We watched the KSU game..They are playing in Hawaii..they showed the beautiful beaches and I thought of how much fun you are going to have on your vacation..So stay off that knee!!!

KCity kids are coming tomorrow earlyish, they say..I'll pop out in the morning to pick up the Prime Rib. I hope I got enough....Oh well..I might buy a small ham, too..

I'm sure tomorrow will be a busy one for everyone..

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-23-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Ahhh, another chance to sit down for a few minutes, just used up my last butter so that is the end of toffee making, at least for this week.

MK, very good marketing tips.
Ok back to work
Old 12-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #207
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

That water rower looks intense but good for the arms. I wonder why they use "water"? for more friction...??

Actually it's a whole body workout.
My core felt it the most!
You push with your legs, tighten your core and then finally use your arms.
The coordination is harder than I thought.
Then you reverse it on the way back.

They plan to have a 45 minute class, but the 3 minutes I did it was hard enough!

No clue about the water. Maybe for a more authentic feel.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #208

Hi ladies..

Well..off the plan tonight and tomorrow..Back on it on Monday for sure.

Yes, I can see where it would really work your core. My core has gone south, I'm afraid. Gotta start doing some situps or something.

LOL. My best idea gift this year is getting Brett a new keyless entry fob for his Taurus.
The old one broke off, so he can't use it with his key. Gosh, it cost $13 with shipping, so I am hoping he will be excited when the temps dip down. He has to reprogram this one, but there are instructions with it....Anyone else have a "best gift" idea?

Cindy...take care going to Des Moines..I loved living there alot..

Next year we will all have to order some toffee from Buffy before she gets so crazy
with her other orders.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #209
Always on, slightly off

Carolyn, glad you are feeling better. I absolutely hate bladder infections!

Buffy, how much butter did you go thru this season?

Sandy, glad your feeling better. The weight is just fluid shifting from surgery and anesthesia. It will be gone quickly.

At work today for 24 hours. Hope I sleep tonight as we leave first thing in the morning.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #210

Take care, Cindy...Glad you aren't driving..

Buffy, it is a good thing that you don't live in Denmark or Sweden where this is a butter
shortage..