Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I sure hope so Carolyn. On me being in shape and on Buffy's success. I can't wait to hear how she did.
We're off to hubby's company party tonight. If I don't go he won't so I'm going to hobble along. I told him NOT to leave me sitting by myself though. I think he'll be good. I'll tell him Santa's watching him too, lol. Of course he knows everybody and I only really know a few. And not being able to stand and mingle will be awkward.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Checking in with my cyber gal pals.

I had a fantastic day, I am so excited. I set up at 10:00, filled my tray with samples and started walking around the store, the first 2 people to sample it bought some! Woot woot. Then, I worked the crowd until 2:00 pm, ran out of samples and was getting low on stock, ran home, did another big container of samples and 7 more tins, back to the store and they had some a small order while I was gone. Worked until about 7:00 and sold everything but 2 tins and about 12 small bags. Gave the staff one of the tins for the break room and went to meet DH for a sandwich. I had 2 cocktails while there and I guess I was so tired they really hit me, had to drink a lot of water before I could drive home. I am sooo excited about the way it went over. Also got a couple of orders and am going to be there next Saturday so will go prepared. Might be a good day, maybe not, being Christmas eve but I am soo happy with the outcome.

Sandy, good job on your weight, you have been a very good girl.

HI MK and Cindy.

Carolyn, yes, english food is definitely different than ours, we had some good things in London but it can be bland. Your beef sounds awesome though.

Going to Austin tomorrow for Ollie's birthday party, I am going to make the girls drive, I am taking a pillow and hope for a nap either coming or going or both. Monday, it will be back to the toffee pot!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #153
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #154

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Buffy: You found your new calling.. That is exciting..

Sandy: Your knee will be a subject of conversation..I'm sure people will come to you..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #155

Well we're home and I was able to fly under the radar most of the night. A few peeps asked and DH had told some but other than that I just tried to blend into the wood work. I'm glad we're home and done for the night. I'm pooped!

Good job Buffy!! You have found a new calling haven't you? Good for you! I think that's wonderful.

We're having standing rib roast for Christmas dinner too. At DD's house. I don't think she's ever made it so I sure hope it turns out great. We all love it and we all love it rare except one person. She's a great cook so I'm not real worried but that cut of meat can be tricky. And it's so expensive you sure hate to ruin it!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #156
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Buffy -
That's so awesome!!!

Sandy - Great for you too! You've been a very good girl this year!!

Carolyn - Can't wait to hear how your pudding turns out!

Cindy -

Everything got finished yesterday except dusting the family room and making cookies.
But I got DD25 from St Louis and we shopped, ate, and came home!

DH picked up DS19 in Chicago.

2 babies are here and I'm in a happy place!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #157

Enjoy your chickies MK. I'm very happy for you and wish you a wonderful holiday!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #158

I had standing rib a few years ago when Gary's db and his wife came for Christmas. We like it rare to medium rare and they like it well done..So, I had to recook a few pieces for them. It is pretty easy to do, just check the internet..

Yes, MK..Enjoy your babies while they still come home to roost..

Ds called from BC..They are working on the weekend to get the project done. He is glad he brought his warm clothes.

Chinese food for lunch..It wasn't so great..A different restaurant..We took the leftovers, but I think I'll throw mine away..

Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #159
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Well we're home and I was able to fly under the radar most of the night. A few peeps asked and DH had told some but other than that I just tried to blend into the wood work. I'm glad we're home and done for the night. I'm pooped!

Good job Buffy!! You have found a new calling haven't you? Good for you! I think that's wonderful.

We're having standing rib roast for Christmas dinner too. At DD's house. I don't think she's ever made it so I sure hope it turns out great. We all love it and we all love it rare except one person. She's a great cook so I'm not real worried but that cut of meat can be tricky. And it's so expensive you sure hate to ruin it!!
Tell her the trick is to use a temperature probe. I have one that goes to a little electronic gadget that sits on the counter. You can get them at Target or Walmart but you want the one that goes from the probe in the meat to the device on the counter. You set the temperature you want it to alarm at. Tell her also to have it alarm a little sooner rather than too done. I have a chart at home but lets say med-rare is 145 degrees. I would take it out of the oven at 135-140 degrees, then immediately cover with foil and let it sit 15 min. The temperature will continue to rise another 10-12 degrees. I set my leg of lamb to go off at 120 degrees and by the time I take the foil off, it's 135. But make sure and use the foil. It seals in the juices. As for one person liking it more done, give them an end piece. If the end piece is still not as done as the person would like, take the slice and put it under a broiler (rarest side next to the heat) for 5 or so minutes.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 12-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #160
Princess Proofreader

Yum!
Now I want to be invited to dinner!!

I went to see Sherlock Holmes today - good movie!!

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 12-18-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #161

Thanks for the tips gals. I know how to fix one and love them, but since she's doing dinner, I won't give advice unless I'm asked. Like I said she's a great cook and really does her research too so I'm not real worried. I had prime rib for dinner again tonight! And it was so good. Dodge City Distillery. It's a new place and this was our first time eating there. We will be back!!

And Cindy, yep I have one of those electronic probes too. Love it!!! She has one too I'm pretty sure. This is the DD that did comp BBQ, so they're pretty experienced. Thank goodness! Sure don't want to ruin the rib roast!

Last edited by sjl330; 12-18-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, tomorrow I really do and have to rest, I am soooo beyond tired right now. Today 2 DD's, DGS and I made the 8 hr round trip to Austin and back for Oliver's first birthday party, which was great, DDIL, DS and DDIL's sister did a beautiful brunch, lots of nice people were there, the kids were fun and Oliver was a little champ, went strong the whole afternoon without a wimper or a nap, wow! It was fun but I am just so worn out.

MK, know you are enjoying the kiddos coming home.

Sandy, good job.

Cindy, are you ready for the holidays?

And Carolyn, when will Brett be back? I know it is before Christmas.

More tomorrow, going to read the Sunday paper and off to bed.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #163

Hi gals..

I need one of those probes..Merry Christmas to me and a trip to WalMart..Thanks, Cindy for all those tips. What temp do you cook your prime rib at??

Brett will be home Wednesday..He has been working all the time, which is good for him.
What else do you do in Burn's Lake, BC?

I was wondering if Sherlock would be good..Thanks..Might make dh take me. I love Sherlock anything..I've watched most of his BBC shows and even those old black and whites on Netflix..

I'm sure you are tired, Buffy..Are you done with your toffee making? Santa's elves have to rest sometime.

Akk..that Chinese food with all its salt was a disaster on my weight..Drinking water.

Dying my hair as I speak. I wonder what color i'll be for Christmas.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
You can "surprise" Santa with your hair Carolyn!

Got a very good night's sleep last night, helped along with a tylenol pm. So, now I am ready to get back to what needs done this week.

Toffee making will still be in full swing as I will be at the boutique again this Saturday. Today I need to run out and restock on a few supplies. I only have 3 orders to fill this week so far so it will be that and get enough made and packaged for Sat. Hope a few more orders come in but if not, that's ok too.

Had a call yesterday from a lady who had purchased toffee from me on Sat. and she wanted me to set up with her today in front of a store which was owned by a friend of hers, she sells display items and thought we could make a good co-booth, but then she called back and said her friend found out his lease did not allow that sort of thing. But, we did talk about doing some co-booths in upcoming events which would work well I think.

Off to shop this morning before the rain gets here this afternoon. We had a lot of rain last week, which our area lakes really really need but rain just doesn't make it seem like Christmas. Thankfully Sat. was a beautiful day so the shoppers were out and happy.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #165

Great idea...I'm sure in your area, Buffy, there are tons of craft fairs where you and your friend could set up a booth and get lots and lots of customers..

We are having rain, too..I guess in the northern TX and western OK they are getting a huge storm or will be this afternoon..

I did get the meat thermometer with the probe...In fact, I got one for dd, too..Now, it seems as though there is a wire attached, right?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #166

Yes, there's a wire. You put the probe in the meat but leave the control part outside the oven. The oven door closes fine with the thin wire coming out of it. I'm sure you're going to love this little gadget!

I wish I'd got my hair colored before Christmas but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Oh well, I'll just be with family.....and 2000 parishioners, lol. I can always do the mascara trick if I think it's too bad.

Sounds like western KS might get hit with a whopper. I hope it stays out there. I'm freezing!! It's not really that cold but it's so damp and dreary.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #167
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Cindy, are you ready for the holidays?
Oh yes but this week is busy. We are now going to Des Moines for Christmas with Tom's sister and her family so I made cookies today to freeze and take up with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I need one of those probes..Merry Christmas to me and a trip to WalMart..Thanks, Cindy for all those tips. What temp do you cook your prime rib at??
I have never made one but was going to for Christmas this year. I was aiming for 140 degrees and then, with covering with foil and letting it set, it will probably end up at about 155. Aim low as it does continue to cook when covered and "resting".

Quote:
Yes, there's a wire. You put the probe in the meat but leave the control part outside the oven. The oven door closes fine with the thin wire coming out of it. I'm sure you're going to love this little gadget!
Yes, that's what I have.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #168

Here's pretty much how I fix them except I've never used the butter.
Perfect Prime Rib Recipe, How To Cook Prime Rib, Prime Rib Recipe, Standing Rib Roast, Prime Rib Roast Recipes, Prime Rib Roasting Chart, Prime Rib Dinner, Yorkshire Pudding Recipes, Au Juice Recipes
Old 12-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Ya'll are making sweet little ole me so hungry I say in my best Texas twang!!!

Ok, there are 6 more shopping days before Christmas, counting today. My golly, the shelves are wiped out of some things and, stores are already moving the Christmas things back and putting out other goods?? WTHey!

I need small tins for next Saturday at the boutique. I had gotten these really cute little buckets at Hobby Lobby so planned to go get more of those, sold out, I called 4 stores, all sold out. Target, sold out. Dollare tree, sold out of that size, Walgreens, sold out of that size, tomorrow I am hitting Walmart, which I should have hit today but it was raining and I was just plain worn out. Went to Kohl's to get DH some jeans for Christmas, his size, sold out. People did shop early this year and you know what, I think the stores did not over buy this year, I think they learned from the past several years that they ended up having to practically give things away after Christmas and they got smart and bought less, I don't blame them but sure wish I had bought more of those cute little buckets when I saw them. They held 6 oz and I sold them for $10 and that was a really popular size and price point it seems. So, I will have to come up with something I can price for $10 this Sat.

Hope there are no bad storms tonight, the weather is kind of funky here.

That roast really has me just thinking of rare beef right now, I am so hungry. We are having honey baked ham for Christmas which is great also.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #170

Hi ladies..

Netflix has Midsommer Murders on streaming..Funnnn..

Buffy: How about some of those cellophane Christmas bags? Tins are much nicer, so hoping you can find something..

Thanks for the PRib link. I'll check it out..Now, I have to figure what to have with it..LOL..

A nurse friend of mine told me people were trying to get all their surgeries in by the end of the year..LOL..Have fun in Des Moines..It is a fun place to go.

Yes, mascara works wonders..

We will be praying for your surgery tomorrow, Sandy...What time do you have to be there? Hopefully, dh will be there helping you along.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #171

Yes DH will be with me. I have to be there at 1:30. Long day of anticipation and starvation, lol.

DD is making Triple D Mac & Cheese (diners, drive-ins and dives) to go with her prime rib. It's awesome!!! And I don't know what else. Just those 2 things sound good enough to me.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #172
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Yes DH will be with me. I have to be there at 1:30. Long day of anticipation and starvation, lol.

DD is making Triple D Mac & Cheese (diners, drive-ins and dives) to go with her prime rib. It's awesome!!! And I don't know what else. Just those 2 things sound good enough to me.
What a great website, Sandy!! Boy 120 degrees sounds low but everyone seemed to agree it was the perfect temp!! And mac and cheese!! Oh, Lord, I just made a huge batch a week ago for a Christmas lunch at work. I had never made home made so I went thru EVERYONES recipes and finally combined a few to make a really good one. Mine started by making a roux with butter and flour 5 pounds of cheese, 1/2 gallon of 1/2 and 1/2 later, it was good. I did a buttered Panko topping too. Boy, now I'm hungry!!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #173

My sinlaw and son would love that mac and cheese. Cindy..Holy smokes..sounds delicious..

No food until after surgery, Sandy? No water? or some water? Gosh, there goes another pound for sure..We will be praying and thinking of you all day..
Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #174
Princess Proofreader

to all of you!!!

Good luck Sandy!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #175

Yep, no food. Clear liquids until 9. I'm sure missing my cream!!! Thanks for all the good wishes everybody. I'll be glad to be back home tonight and have it over with. Ho ho ho!

Hopefully I'll lose that pound that found me again over the weekend.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

to Sandy, know you will be glad to have this done and over with.

Ohhh, home made mac n cheese, haven't had that since I can't remember when. When I was in grade school in Iowa, at a very small school, our school lunches were made by a couple of local ladies who could really cook, it was delicious and I fondly remember their mac n cheese, great big pans of it coming out of the oven, oh yum.

Carolyn, I may have to resort to the bags but found they didn't sell nearly as well as the tins, so after I get several batches of toffee made today, I will be back out searching for small tins. I am sure they are out there somewhere. Who knows, this Sat. the bags might sell better, they were cheaper and by this Sat., people might just be buying for themselves so will go for the bags.

I think our rain is over so the rest of the week should be nice.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #177
Always on, slightly off

Good luck Sandy!!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #178

Oh..Sandy must be under the knife right now...Prayers for her and the doctor...

Yes, tins are very nice..But now that you know you are a full fledged candy maker, you
can get them next year wholesale..through the web..LOL, Buffy.

Just trying to get my Christmas dinner figured out. Might have twice baked taters with the beef. I can get those done the day before I think..
Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Resupplied on candy containers, not exactly what I wanted but these will work out fine.

Carolyn, what about those mashed potatoes you add cream cheese, sour cream, etc. to and pour melted butter over the top and then reheat the day you are going to use them. Those would be wonderful with beef, or maybe that was what you were referring to.

DD says she has everything done and for me to just bring dinner rolls, wow, seems just too easy.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #180
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - how are you!!

Buffy - you're quite the entrepreneur!!

Carolyn - what's the rest of dinner going to be?

Cindy -