Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Wow Buffy!! You're going to be famous!! You can give Mrs. Field's a run for the money. What are you calling your toffee or company? That's absolutely wonderful!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #122

Oh, I went to the Dr. I'm having surgery Tues. Dec 20th. If I don't have it I'm going to be in a lot of pain so if I do have it and still have some pain at least I know it won't be from my injury and possibly getting worse. I'll know it's from healing and using it. I have a complex tear in my medical meniscus. If they happen to have a cancellation, which they don't think they will, it could be moved up to Friday. So all I can do is hope for that, but count on Tuesday.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I think that is good news Sandy, to have it done asap and start the healing.

HAve lots of ideas roaming around in my head on name, marketing, packaging, etc. Will put those things off until after the holidays, and then try to get things in place so I can do a push for Valentines day. Going to add some other candies as well.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #124

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Shopping at Bartlesville with my friend..got a few Christmas presents..I am hoping to be done..

Good for you, Sandy..The 20th is just a week away, but will pray for a cancellation..Plus, you will be the "perfect" patient after your surgery so you can heal quickly...

Oh..Buffy...What a toffee business you are in..Congratulations..Next will be internet sales, etc..LOL
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #125

Yes, then we can all order some!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #126
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I think Sandy with need some "recuperation" toffee!!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #127

Definitely...She needs some toffee... and I'm feeling a little sick today, too..by the way.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

My toffee does come with a guarantee, it is guaranteed to make you feel very good while eating it, LOL.

I still have one card to fill out and insert a check, need to decide on a phone case for dgs and need to find something else for DH, and then, I am done with my shopping. DH hasn't given me any ideas and I am stumped this year.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #129

I was at Dillards today and overheard a husband talking to the sales lady trying to figure out what to buy his wife..(no big surprise there, right?). Well, he said, "How about a Christmas sweater?" Good grief..What wife wants to open up a box and inside is a Christmas sweater..and you can only wear it that day, then stuff it away for next year or
give it to GoodWill. I did contain myself and kept walking.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #130
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
My toffee does come with a guarantee, it is guaranteed to make you feel very good while eating it, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I was at Dillards today and overheard a husband talking to the sales lady trying to figure out what to buy his wife..(no big surprise there, right?). Well, he said, "How about a Christmas sweater?" Good grief..What wife wants to open up a box and inside is a Christmas sweater..and you can only wear it that day, then stuff it away for next year or
give it to GoodWill. I did contain myself and kept walking.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Wives need to give very pointed hints and husbands need to listen very carefully! Most women learn that very quickly, haha.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #132

How true Buffy. I remember the year my poor brother bought his wife a MOP for Christmas. It was an ugly year for them, lol. Of course, he didn't ask anybody's opinion, he just bought it. She had mentioned that she needed to get a new mop, so he was listening but can you even imagine??? Poor guy. And poor gal. They made it through that Christmas and I don't think he ever did anything close to that again.

On a very happy note I'm down a little more in my weight. 145.2 this a.m.!!! Yesterday was hard! I guess it was from stress but I just had the urge to eat and I didn't want anything I should eat. But I resisted. Mainly because there's nothing in this house really that fit the bill, lol. And now this a.m. I'm glad I resisted.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Good job Sandy.

A mop , hope that is now their funny Christmas day story Almost as bad as the year my ex DH bought me a humidifier, yes, I did want one, but Or the year current DH and I wern't getting along too well and he got me some office supplies, said he just hadn't had time to shop. This was after he had ran all over the Dallas area looking for a ferret for his 10 year old son, Oh well, these things do pass, I have to say that my DH is wonderful usually about my gifts.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #134

Yes it was their funny story. She's the SIL that passed away 4 years ago this Feb. I'm sure she shared that story with all the angels though, lol. My brother is getting remarried this January. I'm glad he found somebody. I haven't met her but my dad has and he said she's very nice.

We have a few funny stories as well. All ones I hope never to have happen again. That's for sure!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #135

Hi ladies..

What dh likes to shop for his wife? Maybe there are a few here and there..My dad used to take me shopping for my mom..Sometimes I wasn't a very good picker, either..

My finlaw got minlaw a new ironing board for Christmas..She liked it cuz he actually bought something..LOL.

Grumble on office supplies and the mop gift..

Sandy: Good for you on the weight... I'm proud of you....as we all are.

Have to check my wrapping paper supply before I head for Wallie's tomorrow.

I'm having my foot adjusted tomorrow again.....Where is the liquor when I need it?
Something happens and my foot gets out of whack..

Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #136

Is it related to plantar fascitis (sp)? My feet bother me way more now than they did when I was younger. Why do we have to fall apart as we age?? I really don't like that part but I guess it's part of the plan. Who knows why. It's a mystery, lol.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #137

Sandy: Last time this happened, I asked my chiro and he said it wasn't plantar f..So then he proceeded to adjust my foot..It really hurt, but then it felt much better. I guess our parts are only guaranteed for 50 years, then every extra day is a gift.LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #138
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
. She could mark it up. She said, oh, why don't you just come in the next 2 saturdays and set up and sell it for yourself!!! Man, I have a busy 3 days ahead of cooking and packaging and getting samples ready so that I can be ready but a great opportunity!

Quote:
Definitely...She needs some toffee... and I'm feeling a little sick today, too..by the way.

Congrats Buffy!!!

How about Fern's Fancies!

Sandy - I'm so glad you get to have your surgery soon!!!

Carolyn - only 50 years!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #139

Well, dh65 went to the eye doctor today and she told him that he would probably need cataract surgery in 6 months..Holy smokes..I guess that eye has no more guarantee on it.
He wears glasses, thankfully and this is his bad eye. So.....no biggie, but it was a shock.

Yes, MK, we need to help Buffy with her name since we are so good at it..
Fern's Fancies is cute..
Old 12-16-2011, 04:48 AM   #140
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - YOU'RE good at it ~ I just agree with you!

DH can now get Lasik!! Don't they do that now when they fix cataracts??
Old 12-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Wow, a busy day ahead, I have several orders ready for delivery and or pick up, DH is doing the delivery, want to get at least 4 more batches made and then it is package, package, package and get everything ready to go tomorrow. Since I have never done this I am making lists, etc. of things I think I might need there. Both local DD's are busy or I would recruit one of them to help tomorrow. Have to be prepared for a lot but also worried I will be carrying most of it back home, you just never know.

We will work on the name in January and I had already decided that you gals would have to help me and my girls with it! DD's say it has to have Fern in it since it is not a common name and will help people remember it, Fern's Fancies is cute. Have to decide on a color scheme, packaging, etc. but, that all goes on the back burner now, after the holidays I will be lucky to have any order until hopefully Valentines time.

Carolyn, I get kind of a catch on the side of my right foot sometimes, it just feels like it needs to be twisted and popped but never thought of a chiro for that. Plantar F is the most painful thing, had it in both heels for about a year, did tons of stretching and massages for it and it finally went away.

Gary will be happy after he has his eye surgery, he can look into the clear lens or the crystal lens, not sure what else they have out now, they cost more but now I don't have to wear glasses at all, except a little for computer work. I don't need them to read, drive, shop, anything, I love it.

, adding ironing board to our list of coveted DH gifts, .

Off to get the first batch on the stove, might be MIA for a couple of days but will try to pop in.

Little Oliver turns 1 today and we are going to Austin on Sunday for his 1st birthday party. Down and back in one day which will be hard but everyone is too busy to stay over.

DS called the other day to ask me to guess what he found in their back yard? One of their cats went missing a couple of months ago, so I excitedly said "Levi?". No, Oliver, he had crawled through the dog door and was sitting in a pile of leaves, just playing away! Oh dear, have to watch him like a hawk, they usually keep the door to the room with the dog door closed but DS was doing laundry and had forgotten
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #142

Oh wow, that's scary Buffy! My cousin's little girl got away one time and crawled through a neighbor's doggie door. It was panic time all around until she was discovered. I guess she'd been doing it for awhile and nobody knew. But the neighbor's pet food was always scattered all over and they couldn't figure out why. That's just plain scary!!

Good luck tomorrow! I know you'll do great.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #143
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Sandy: Last time this happened, I asked my chiro and he said it wasn't plantar f..So then he proceeded to adjust my foot..It really hurt, but then it felt much better. I guess our parts are only guaranteed for 50 years, then every extra day is a gift.LOL
I have never heard of adjusting the foot! I bet that would feel good, though.

Buffy, I have made toffee before. I make home made caramel to top my chocolate cheesecakes all the time. Nothing hotter than molten sugar!!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #144

Hi ladies..

Yes, honestly, it is amazing how much better I feel..Not during the procedure, which is extremely painful if your bones are "out", but afterwards..I got some new sneakers after that just in case my old ones were broken down inside..

Oh..yes, doggie doors can be very inviting for a little child. Although one time we locked ourselves out of the house and Brett crawled in the doggie door to unlock the door..

Caramel topping on cheesecake sounds great..and molten sugar is hot for sure.

Yes, good luck, Buffy..Hope you have a successful day..Yes, we can work on the name and have lots of choices for you...Honestly, the PG is full of creative peeps, so you could post and ask on there when you are ready.

Have to start sorting out the gifts and see what is what and who is whose and try to figure out if I am pretty even on each one.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #145
Princess Proofreader

Most of the house is clean.
Family room almost picked up.
Gifts for DD25 and DS22 are wrapped.
Just need to do DS19's before tomorrow.
The rest can wait.

I'm going to pick up DD25 tomorrow in St Louis!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Well, I am as ready as I am going to be for my day of trying to sell toffee at a store, now worried I will bring it all home, LOL.

Seems my grandkids have a thing with doggie doors, DGS 18 used to visit the neighbors via their doggie door, but he was a little bigger.

MK, you know the minute those kids hit your house it will all get messed up again, clean after they leave

Carolyn, I hear you on now having the take time to go through the gifts and get them organized. With 6 kids that was quite a task although I always had lists going. Now with the grandkids, as I buy each of them their gift, I hand it off to DH and he does the wrapping although I took him off gift tag duty after he was writing from Dave and Fern instead of Papa and Mema

Yes Cindy, toffee, caramel gets very hot, I also make caramels, in fact, if I have time this week I want to make a batch of those for our family. Mine are easy to make but I hate the cutting and wrapping, any easy hints on that? And finally got the raw peanuts to make the peanut brittle one of the kids asked for. When DH was going to the store for me he swore they didn't have anything called raw peanuts, funny, it was there when I went

Have a great day, what a busy, crazy weekend this one is, always the last one before Christmas is crazy although we do have next Saturday. By then I plan to be relaxing a little.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #147
Princess Proofreader

Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #148

Hi ladies..

Oh, Buffy..We are very anxious to hear how you do on your toffee sales..

MK: You are doing so well on getting stuff done..Of course, with all those kiddos coming, it takes a flylady to figure it out.

I ordered my Prime Rib for Christmas at the store this morning..I wanted to put it on my Ron Rotisserie, but I got a 3 rib one and don't think it will fit.

Brett is way up in BColumbia this week for work and he had Yorkshire Pudding for the first time. Maybe we can try to do that on Christmas..Anyone have success with that?

KS peeps...Little Pitt State is at some national championship bowl for their division and are winning....This is good news for the Gorillas..Lots of peeps from our town went there.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #149

A friend of mine's DD is graduating from Pitt State today!! Woohooo for her!!

I've only had Yorkshire Pudding one time; at a restaurant in Chicago. I had no idea what it was before then and I have to say, I was not very impressed, lol. I think it sounds better than it actually tastes, but that's JMHO.

Oh, I'm so happy! I was down to 144 this a.m.!!! Santa, I've been a very good girl lately. Don't look at the rest of the year though please!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #150

Sandy...I'm sure they were watching the game during graduation..LOL..

English food can be pretty bland..I think the key is to get some good beef fat flavoring in this..It's like a popover cooked in the pan with beef fat..

Wowowooo..I am so proud of you, Sandy..You have been a very good girl lately and Santa has noticed, too. You will be in perfect shape for your vacation..

Wondering if Buffy is rolling in money yet??? LOL

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-17-2011 at 01:16 PM..