Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Well, I have an appt Monday at 1:00. That's the soonest I could get in and that's a cancellation so I feel lucky I even got in that fast. It's going to be a loooonnnngggggg weekend!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #62

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh..Sandy..Maybe you can self-medicate..LOL..You are lucky to get in for sure..Take it easy. Do you have a cane to use?
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #63
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #64

No, no cane. I've been using a crutch when I need to and leaning on DH or grocery cart. I hate being hobbled!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #65

I remember being hobbled when I twisted my ankle..I couldn't do the crutches, but one crutch might be helpful..Take care..Hobbling at Christmas time is bad..
Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 AM   #66
Princess Proofreader

Sandy -
Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #67

My dad has lots of canes. I might have to break down and borrow one. Ugh. I feel like that will be light a flashing red light over my head telling the world: Look, look, old person coming!! My vanity popping out I guess.

On a good note, my weight is staying down. I was at 146.2 this a.m. Hopefully I can hold the line through the holidays.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #68
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Oh..Sandy..Maybe you can self-medicate..LOL..You are lucky to get in for sure..Take it easy. Do you have a cane to use?
Yes, I find Mexican food takes care of most pain!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Use the cane, it will help you heal faster, really takes the weight off the injured foot. We have one from the Christmas morning that DH acidentally shot himself in the foot. Now that's a Christmas story the kids love to laugh and laugh over.
Yes, the prices for seniors are one of the best perks.
Cindy, my last MRI on my head said the same thing, some "age-related changed"
Carolyn, how nice of that hotel to call you, unusual. Hope DH hasn't gone too long without meds.
NIce that Brett is doing some traveling for the company too, but, it will be cold there now. DD and DSIL are not going to Canada for Christmas like they usually do but they do love to go there over the holidays, it really is much more Christmas like than Texas. DD's work is so hectic that she can't get away and get this....they have a team of contractors from Canada that work with them on this current project. The suddenly decided that they are flying that team in to TX immediately to work right up until the week before Christmas, war room style. Those poor people had no warning and are being yanked away from home during the busiest time of year with family and holidays, DD is afraid morale is going to be a huge problem to deal with
Our dinner club went on our 2nd annual Christmas sleigh ride around a beautiful area of Dallas to see Christmas lights but only 4 out of the 9 of us got to attend. Last year 8 made it. Had 3 cancel yesterday so too late to try to change the size of the carriage and we hadn't paid up front so afraid the 4 of us took a hit on that . Next year we will insist on payment up front if you commit, but, it was fun, a beautiful night with a full moon and the horse was very well trained and did a good job trotting along. Went to a nice dinner first and took hot chocolate and Baileys, it was a very fun evening.
Lots of toffee to make today, little Bobby's Christmas program at school tomorrow.
Sandy, good job on your weight, when I am injured I always want to lay around and eat for comfort!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #70

Hi ladies...

Make sure you use the cane on the good side..Isn't that right?
Good for your weight......

Payment up front is always good, Buffy..Did your dh get a new gun the Christmas he shot himself in the foot..? Yikes..that is certainly a Christmas to remember..

I think it is the carbs in the Mexican food that soothes all ailments..

Making some highcarb cookies this afternoon..Cherry Shortbread with White
Chocolate..Let you know. The cookie exchange is Tuesday..I'll make them and freeze them..If they don't come out right, I have time to make something else.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #71

I say Mexican food and Mexican drink cures all, lol. But none for me right now. I'm not only trying to be good, I'm trying to support DH in eating right PLUS I sure don't want to get tangled up in my cane and fall and break a hip. That would probably be as funny a story in the future as Buffy's poor DH shooting himself in the foot. Thank God that was able to become a funny Christmas story and not the alternative.

Buffy, that sleigh ride sounds fantastic!! I wonder if we have anything like that around here? I'll have to do some investigating. All I've ever heard of is limo rides, plane and heli rides and of course the Plaza carriages. But yours sounds so much more unique! I wish I lived closer; I'd have taken one of those gals spots in a minute. Good idea getting everybody's $$ up front though. If you commit then you pay. Period!!

Well, I went and bought a cane! And I looked up youtube videos to learn how to use it. I think it's really going to help a lot! Maybe my knee will just heal up and maybe I won't have to have surgery, which is what I've been thinking will probably have to happen. That would sure be nice.

I think the only reason my weight is holding steady is there's been nothing here to eat except salami and cheese and nuts. And I'm sick of all of them!! I've kind of reached that stage where nothing really sounds good anyway, so I guess that's a good stage to be in. Hope it lasts, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #72
Always on, slightly off

Did my first Yoga class at a friends house last night. I was surprised how much I liked it but I am sore! We have 2 more classes at her house, which is a nice intro. I like weight lifting but like the isometrics of Yoga and the stretching. I never stretch after weights and that needs to change.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #73

I really like yoga too but am not disciplined enough to do it alone and haven't found a class that works within my desired time-frame.
Cindy, how is your best friend doing? And her girls?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #74

Good for you, Sandy.. I will be praying for a total healing if not, a good doctor's opinion. If you do have to have surgery, do it right away. My stubborn friend waited so long and it took a while to recover because she did so much damage to it..

Cindy: You have a "yoga" body..I took a class once and liked it..But, of course, my Wii Fit has yoga on it..LOL. Yes, like Sandy said, how is your friend doing?

Gosh...made my cookies..half are in the freezer and the other half are going in after the chocolate swirl hardens up a bit.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #75

Yes, if I have to have surgery I want it right away. I put up with my other knee for 12-15 years! Then I had surgery and I do think it took longer to heal and even still gives me occasional trouble. And the surgery wasnt' near the big deal I was so afraid of. Plus I need to be able to walk on vacation! We do lots of walking while we're there.
Those cookies sure sound good! You're so brave to bake them, stare them in the face and not eat them. Bravo!!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #76
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Yes, I find Mexican food takes care of most pain!!

Oh yes! Margaritas help too!

Buffy - DH shot himself in the foot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Making some highcarb cookies this afternoon..Cherry Shortbread with White
Chocolate..

Quote:
Did my first Yoga class at a friends house last night. I was surprised how much I liked it but I am sore! We have 2 more classes at her house, which is a nice intro. I like weight lifting but like the isometrics of Yoga and the stretching. I never stretch after weights and that needs to change.

I love yoga too - but haven't found a class I like for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
You're so brave to bake them, stare them in the face and not eat them. Bravo!!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #77

I did eat several.. Then I had soup for dinner to compensate. Those cookies are of the devil..extremely nommie..But, hiding in the freezer...

I think Buffy needs to share the story of her dh shooting himself in the foot ... Please???
Old 12-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #78

Off to shop with the boys..Have a fun day everyone..

Hope your knee is doing okay, Sandy..
Old 12-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #79
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
I really like yoga too but am not disciplined enough to do it alone and haven't found a class that works within my desired time-frame.
Cindy, how is your best friend doing? And her girls?
Very well, thank you. 1 daughter is married and 1 is a senior in high school.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Drive by hello, too tired tonight to post, will tomorrow and will tell the story.....
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #81

Quote:
Very well, thank you. 1 daughter is married and 1 is a senior in high school.
That's wonderful news. I've had her on my prayer list all this time and kept forgetting to get an update. I guess I didn't realize her girls were that old. I was thinking early teens for some reason, but I'd say they're pretty grown up.

I ventured out with DH for dinner tonight and then a latte at SB's. We also stopped by to see our lil' guy while he was at his Mimi's and Papi's house. He's crawling/flopping all over now and pulling up to everything he can reach. Their fun is just starting now.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #82
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - can't wait to hear!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #83
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
That's wonderful news. I've had her on my prayer list all this time and kept forgetting to get an update. I guess I didn't realize her girls were that old. I was thinking early teens for some reason, but I'd say they're pretty grown up.

She is about 26 months out from surgery. She is the only one alive from the group that started. Had we known you were praying, I would have told her this would happen!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #84

Cindy: Oh..how wonderful that your friend is doing so well...Sandy is a great prayer warrior...

I'm tired..Shopping with the boys..Gary sat on the bench at the mall while I bought a new purse and jacket for myself..That is his kind of shopping. Brett got his gfriend a white gold cross..It didn't come with a chain..and a white gold one was pricey, so he got a silver chain..You can't tell the difference. He got some heavy duty lined overalls for his work in northern Canada next week. Pray that he finds his passport..AKK..They moved offices last week. He thinks it is in his new desk. Luckily he doesn't have to leave until Tuesday.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #85

Wow, that is really good news Cindy! I'll be sure to say prayers of thanksgiving now too, as well as continue to pray for her continued good health.

Lol, Carolyn, I'm not sure how much of a warrior I am, but I am a nagger. Lol.

Last edited by sjl330; 12-10-2011 at 09:16 PM..
Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #86

We are doing a study on prayer for women..God loves a nagger..or at least a persistent pray-er.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #87
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - that's great!!

Sandy - Nagging isn't a bad thing!

Carolyn - sounds like a productive trip!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Good nights sleep, all rested up now.
Got up early yesterday to be at DD#2's house at 9:00 AM, DGS Bobby (3) had his pre-school Christmas program at 10:15. Helped get the kids ready then we went to that, which was very cute but not Christmas like at all, just songs from the last several decades?? and then everyone went out to lunch. DSIL had to meet his Dad at the airport for a trip, so I stayed with the kids while DD took him to the airport and ran a couple of errands. DGD got a little nap in while DGS and I played and watched a couple of Christmas shows. Then DD and I went to a couple of little shops she had told me about. One of them had some candy for sale in some very cute packaging and I picked some of that up, trying to come up with a name, logo, packaging for my toffee to make it look a little more professional. I have several other varieties of candy that I am thinking of making as well and seeing if I can turn this into a little business. Busy, busy

Ok, the Christmas shot in the foot story. One of those things that I guess you had to have been here and know all the characters to think it was or is funny, but as no DH's were fatally harmed in the story, our family turned it into a funny story.

DH's father had passed away that year and his elderly mother insisted that she was going to stay out on the farm by herself, she would not hear of moving into a retirement home or even a house in town where she would have neighbors and friends nearby. We did have relatives that would be by often to check on her on the farm though and before long, we did hire someone who stayed with her full time. But, at that time she was alone and had mentioned to DH that she wished she had a gun in the house for protection! I didn't even dream that DH was even thinking of letting her do that, she had no experience with guns and I have always thought that if you don't, then you are better off without one. DH has a gun he has had for years that has been locked away and never used. I had no idea he had gotten it out and since we were leaving in a couple of days to go see her, he was thinking of taking it to her. Christmas morning, all the kids are grown but DS had come home for Christmas and was sleeping late, I was in the bedroom talking with my sister on the phone and DH was walking down the hallway, on the beautiful new carpet we had recently installed in our home. All of a sudden I hear a gunshot , a few choice curse words from DH , so I knew he was alive, very calmly I hollered at him, you had better not get any blood on my new carpet, told my sister I think DH just shot himself and went to see what damage had been done to either DH or my new carpet . The gun of course wasn't loaded according to DH , aren't most gun accidents caused by guns that are not loaded and he had pulled the trigger and the bullet had gone clean through the fleshy part of his heel and into the carpet. To this day he won't tell me where it is embedded. But then, my girls all show up for Christmas, since DH isn't seriously hurt, they think it is funny, especially because he begins to drown his pain in scotch at 8 AM and by 10 AM is in bed, passed out but temporarily free of pain.
Like I said, you have to have been here, know all the characters involved to figure out what is funny about it but it is a story retold every Christmas of course

Last edited by Buffy45; 12-11-2011 at 06:59 AM..
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #89

Oh My Buffy, I know I wasn't there, but I can see the humor in that story for sure. I'm sure that story is tossed around every Christmas now. So.....did the gun end up at his mom's house after all that drama??? I sure hope not. We had a friend who shot himself in the leg when he was out hunting once. He was stuck in the house recuperating the rest of the winter. He started making wine in his "spare" time. And it was good wine, what he shared with us anyway. He pretty much stayed anesthesized with it the rest of that winter. And he joked for years after how he became a wine maker by shooting himself to get started. I guess you had to be there for that story to be funny too. He also became a wood carver that winter. Wine and Wood. He was a sight to see, lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #90
Princess Proofreader

Oh Buffy!!
What a great story to bring out every year!

Did his mom ever get the gun?