Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Just a drive by hello, read through all the posts and wanted to check in. Having a great time with DD#1 here from Nebraska, I have to take her to the airport tomorrow but it has just been a wonderful visit with her and her 2 sisters. I also have 1 son but he wasn't able to make it home to see his sister, had to work. I have a step son and a step daughter too.

Has rained and rained here today, which is good, our lakes need it.

Will try to get caught up next week, just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We went to church this a.m. and then stopped at SB on the way home for a latte. Then took the pooch for a long walk. I don't know what the rest of the day's plans will be.

DSIL in sick with either food poisoning or stomach flu. Violently ill! Ugh.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #33

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

WWoman..Yeah for you not taking any kettle corn..I don't like it anyway..too sweet, but
buttery real popcorn is another thing..

Poor dsil and the flu..I have heard that is going around..Not good.

Buffy: How cool to see your dd from NE..I'm sure she was happy to see her sisters..

I had 1/2 of a roll last night and gained a pound..Forgive me, Santa, for I have overeaten..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #34
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
1/2 a roll should not = a pound!

I went to see The Muppet Movie - cute!
Descendants will be here this week.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #35

We went to see Hugo today. We both thought it was VERY slow. It got fantastic reviews but we were not very impressed.

Then we went to a German/Austrian restaurant downtown. Nice dinner, we'll go again. It's called Grunauer's and it's by Lydia's in the freight district.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Got DD off to the airport yesterday, cried when I had to let her go. It was just wonderful having her here and she promised that now the kids are in college she will slip down more often. Plus, there is now a direct flight from Grand Island, NE to Dallas, where before she had to take non-stop flights, or drive 3 hours to Omaha to catch a direct flight, so we have set up flight alerts both ways for Dallas/Grand Island and hopefully can slip back and forth more often, I miss her so much. She is just a joy to have here and yes, she and her sisters had a great time together.

Toffee making in full swing this week, I have several orders to fill. Still looking for more cute packaging ideas, for various sizes and have found some cute ones at Hobby Lobby.

I want to see The Descendents too, heard it was really good. Went to Margin Call (limited release) Friday night and I really liked it though it was kind of slow, DD's didn't care too much for it.

Food poisoning is the worst sick I have ever been, it is soooo bad.

Showed DD Alex's Christmas picture, she thought he was very handsome.

DGS Grant turns 12 on Friday, just doesn't seem possible but is is.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #37

Hi ladies..

Did you like the German restaurant, Sandy? We have seen it when we were in Lydias..Family likes German food.. Did you have anything special?

Buffy: I'll tell Alex about your dd liking him..He is very handsome, but kinda
chubby ever since his "operation" years ago. LOL..
Glad the flights are better for your dd..

MK's kids must be coming home soon from college..Exam week is coming up.

Have my turkey in the oven..This is last year's turkey, so I am hoping it is good...

Old 12-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #38

Yes we liked it Carolyn. We shared the pork shank. It's a 3# serving!! But there is a bone of course. It was very good but I think it would've been better earlier in the day. Just a tad overdone. And they only serve it on Sundays. We also shared a bratwurst and sauerkraut appetizer which was very good. And for our sides we got cabbage salad, red cabbage and sauteed spinach. Which was garnished with.........finely shredded cabbage, lol. We love cabbage so that was fine with us, we just thought it was funny how it was everywhere! I had a nice glass of Riesling too. They have a lot of entrees with spaetzle and dumplings etc, but we were trying to eat pretty clean so avoided those this time. Maybe next time. I think it would be worth trying when you're in town.

Buffy, I'm sure that's so hard to tell your children goodbye. Even when you know you'll see them again soon. I've always lived by my parents and my kids have always lived by me but I can imagine how hard it would be not to live so close. I'm glad they've added those non-stop flights; I'm sure that'll increase the visiting a LOT. Which will be very nice for everybody.

I twisted my knee yesterday on our walk and man, is it ever hurting me today! I sure hope I didn't do some permanent damage. It didn't seem so bad at the time but it started hurting last night and is killing me today. I'm icing it and trying to rest it as much as possible. Not a good time of year for this to happen.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #39
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
We went to see Hugo today. We both thought it was VERY slow. It got fantastic reviews but we were not very impressed.

Then we went to a German/Austrian restaurant downtown. Nice dinner, we'll go again. It's called Grunauer's and it's by Lydia's in the freight district.
A friend of ours son is a chef there. I like sauerkraut and thought it may be interesting. I am so sorry about your knee. Hopefully you feel better.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #40
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - I feel your pain - 3 of my 4 kids live too far away!

Sandy - count your blessings!
Except for your knee -

Carolyn - Tell us about the turkey!!

DD25 will be home Dec 17, DS19 will be home on Dec 18, and DS22 will be home Dec 25!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #41

I even have to count my knee injury as a blessing. At least I didn't break it, right? And it did force me to catch up on all my financial statements. I hadn't touched them since June!! And I got a lot of reading done today, which I haven't had a lot of time to do lately. Ok, so now I need an overnight miracle and be back to normal tomorrow. I have a lot to do!!

Cindy, they have a lot of "comfort" type German/Austrian dishes that all sounded very yummy. I'd like to try one of those next time if I can.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, sending healing wishes your way for your knee, yes, very bad timing!

Made 7 1/2 lbs of toffee today, got an order today for 10, 1/2 lb tins and he wants it tomorrow, so I had to hurry up and make some more. Also, back to Hobby Lobby in the AM for more packaging supplies, this is the first year I have offered to package it, in the past just made it for people to package themselves and then only did it for very special people. I am selling it this year and I think it is going to do well. Already have orders for 7 lbs besides the 5 lbs for tomorrow to be ready Wed. thru Sat.

Just got back from DGS 11's winter concert, it was really really good. Can't believe how much they have improved from last year. He was in a tux shirt and pants, looked sooo handsome! Will post a pic as soon as I get them from DD.

Wow, getting cold her tonight, bet some of you are really cold.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #43

Hi ladies..

Your knee will heal, but take it easy..Icing is good..20 minutes every hour is what the football players do. Prayers for a quick healing.

Turkey turned out great..But we had chili tonight as I had thawed that out.
Taking some of the turkey to my Bible Study.

We need to try that German place, especially since Cindy knows the chef..

Buffy: OMgoodness, you little elf you..Making toffee and selling it..Hurray for you..That stuff is expensive to make, I'm sure.

Three kids home for Christmas, MK..How fun. Maybe you should order some toffee from Buffy the ToffeeMaker.

Time for bed.....

Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #44
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Buffy - that's great!!!

Sandy - How are you today?

Carolyn - all 4 will be here - the other one lives close.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #45

I love Toffee!! How cool that you're able to sell it and make a little extra $$.

My knee feels a little better this a.m. I can tell if I'm on it today though that it's going to get worse. So I'm going to TRY to stay off of it as much as possible today and do the icing/ibuprofen treatment and see if it's much better tomorrow. I do NOT like being incapacitated!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Sandy, I am afraid it will take something like that more than a day or two to heal and the more you get on it the worse it gets, can you hop a lot?

Just popping in quickly before I head to the store, then back to package up those 10 tins and deliver them.

Carolyn, last year's turkey was frozen cooked turkey from last year, or a frozen turkey from last year you hadn't cooked before? I am confused I am hungry for turkey since I didn't cook one over TG.

MK, bet you are busy shopping and getting ready for all your little birds to return to the nest, enjoy it while you can it gets to where they won't all fly home to the nest at the same time, or maybe not at all some years and you really miss them.

Kim, are you busy working, with the holidays or planning your next great trip?

Better get busy here, check back later.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #47

Sandy: Do you think a knee brace from Walgreen's would help the pain? Hope you are better soon..What a bad time to be out of the loop..

The turkey was last year's frozen turkey from the office. It was small and gosh, there wasn't tons of white meat on the breast, but enough to go around. We had a wonderful
luncheon at BStudy..We played some fun games with the ladies..It was good to laugh because some of these gals live alone and don't have alot of fun in their lives.

Buffy..You are making our mouths water alot...We can't ask you to share your recipe, can we???

WWoman: Are you home from your trip yet?

We are going to the Cotton Bowl.. KSU versus Arkansas..Rachel is going with us and her parents graduated from Arkansas so we are all staying in the same hotel...We met her mom, but not her dad..Should be fun..January 6th.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #48

That sounds like a very fun time Carolyn! We'll be cheering for Kansas of course although my dad is originally from Arkansas.

I have one of those knee braces and tried it yesterday. It seemed to make it worse and today I've just stayed off it and I do think it's getting better. I sure hope so b/c you're right; very bad time to be down!!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #49
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
That sounds like a very fun time Carolyn! We'll be cheering for Kansas of course although my dad is originally from Arkansas.

I have one of those knee braces and tried it yesterday. It seemed to make it worse and today I've just stayed off it and I do think it's getting better. I sure hope so b/c you're right; very bad time to be down!!
Have you seen the doctor yet?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #50

No, not yet. I'm much better today. I think 2+ days of R.I.S.E. therapy has really helped. I'm not going to run any races in the next few days, but hopefully I'll heal and be back to normal soon.

I'm so excited!! I just heard from my oldest granddaughter and she's finally been accepted into nursing school. There was a giant mix-up with her transcript earlier, which was the school's fault, not hers, or we would've already been celebrating this wonderful event. But it's a done deal now, and I couldn't be happier of more proud of her!! It has truly been an answer to many prayers. Thank you God!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #51

Hi ladies..

Oh...hurray for your granddaughter.. Nursing school is hard to get into nowadays..Which one, Sandy? Thanks for rooting for KSU..We need all the help we can get..Glad your knee is better.

Dh left for Minnesota today...Alex and I will eat leftover turkey for dinner..Trying to finish my Christmas cards today..

Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #52

Ok, end of day now.....knee is really not better. It comes and goes. So I probably have a torn miniscus so I'm going to try to get an appt. ASAP to have it checked. Ugh! We leave in 2 months for Mexico so I need to hurry!

Thanks for the congrats on DGD. She goes to Washburn and that's where she was accepted too so now she can stay in her apartment and keep her normal routine. Yay!!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #53
Princess Proofreader

My GF and I power-shopped and we got a lot accomplished!
Phew!

Sandy - that's so great about your granddaughter!!
Now about that knee . . . . or

Carolyn - my cards went into the mail today!
Another thing off the list!
Congrats on the Cotton Bowl.

Buffy - I know it will happen ~ they'll have families of their own someday, so I'll enjoy it now! Though it sounds like you get to see yours at other times of the year. I'll have to be happy with that! Will you have some kids/grandkids with you?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #54

Sandy: Yup..need to get that knee looked at before you walk hand in hand with dh on that beautiful Mexican beach.. Let us know..Washburn is a great school..good for her. Now, is this her third year? then she goes to nursing school for how many years? Just curious.

Cards are done..I don't send local cards, but I got one today..

Power shopping is fun and makes you feel good..Saturday we will go shopping with the boys..hmmm.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Have a massage this morning, finally getting to use a groupon I purchased last summer, I am looking forward to this. and, tonight is dinner club with a sleigh ride to see Christmas lights.

We are going to DD#2's house Christmas afternoon along with DD#3, her DH and DGS so will get to be with 2 of my brood that day.

BBL
Old 12-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #56

Carolyn, I can't keep track of which "year" it actually is, lol. But I do know that 2 years from now she'll graduate nursing school and be DONE!! Unless of course, she goes on to get her masters or something.

I'm waiting for a call back about an appt to get into the knee doc. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get in soon and that it can get fixed quicly. Any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated as well. I actually put more faith in those than crossed fingers, lol.

I don't even send out cards anymore. Bah humbug here I guess. Once in a while I'll send them to peeps I don't see or talk to often. And of course to DH's parents. But not the big long list I used to do.

Speaking of lists, I have quite a long one I need to finish for Christmas. It's really starting to stress me out right now that I'm out of commission for awhile.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #57
Always on, slightly off

Sandy, yeah on DGD, boo on knee. I bet you did tear something. You will more than likely need an MRI. I was having knee pain when running and they ordered an MRI. All it said was "age related changes" which is odd considering I'm 29!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #58

Ya me too Cindy!! I think I did mine stepping sideways on the edge of a sidewalk. Now today again, it really feels 90% ok. I don't know whether to stay down and keep resting it or go try to run errands and see how it responds. It felt better yesterday a.m. too but came back with a vengeance late yesterday afternoon. Ugh!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Just had one of the best massages ever and I got it off a groupon. First time ever during a massage, I lightly dozed off. I told her she was so good that I was coming back and asked her regular prices, she said $60 for an hour but she had senior specials for $35 an hour!!! Amazing price, will definitely be using her again.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #60

Hi gals..

Praying that your knee doctor will call..It is always good to check things out, even if you are getting better, Sandy..

Buffy: Let's here it for senior citizen massages.. Another perk of getting older.

Dh left his shaving kit at the Holiday Inn at the airport..They actually called me to tell me..He will pick it up on the way home Friday night. He probably will look like Santa by then..and I'm sure all his meds are in there, of course..

Brett will be going to Canada next week..Brrr..

Cindy: You do look only 29...