Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
LET'S TALK TURKEY -- NOVEMBER CHALLENGE

Hi.

Well, this little turkey weighed in at 153 this morning. LOL..One pound up for the month..

Just wanted to start the thread..Cya later..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Here's my spot!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
First time EVER that I immediately went to our new thread on the 1st day of a month, wow, is my memory getting better or what????

MK,you post the bestest pictures, icons, etc. Love the halloween one!

Carolyn, our indoor kitties don't get the fancy feast, thankfully, none of them are on any meds but Bandit, our "used to be wild" outdoor kitty has become DH's Camp David cat, he comes in several times a day to visit DH in his mancave and eats there. This spring I commented that he was just so darn skinny that it scared me a little, Bandit, not DH . So, DH went out and started buying him fancy feast and he gets a can of it every day. And we switched him over to science diet from the cheap cat food we used to feed the outdoor strays. (since he is no longer considered totally outdoors or stray). Anyway, over the course of the summer and fall, he has put on just a teeny amount of weight, doesn't look nearly as skinny although still very sleek and has a beautiful gloss to his tuxedo coat. I caution him not to tell the other indoor kitties that he gets fancy feast and they don't.

Not quite sure what is on the schedule for today, a nice way to be.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, if you didn't already see Colton in his little halloween outfit on Sandy's FB page, be sure and check him out, he is just adorable.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #5

Buffy..Glad you found us.. Yes, Colton is adorable with his little costume and that darling smile..

This afternoon I am going on a bus to Tulsa to see the musical "Memphis". I think there will be little old ladies on it..Dianne is going as her husband's bank sponsors it. Hope it is good...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

sounds like fun Carolyn
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

I spent 2 hours at the allergists trying to see what I'm allergic to - the verdict - absolutely nothing!

Really?

Isn't everyone allergic to SOMETHING?!

So another hour getting a blood test "just to check".

Then I visited my mom, went to the library, bought Vespers tickets, and finally bought wine and cookies just because!

Buffy - I saw Colton - so cute!!!

Carolyn - can't wait to hear your review!!

I weighed in - 122.8.
Ick.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #8

Everyone is allergic to something..I think, MKay..Did he do food testing? That can have the results as airborne stuff..Hmmmm..

Wine and cookies...yummy.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow MK, you just impress the heck out of me, no allergies!!!! Powerwoman!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Everyone is allergic to something..I think, MKay..Did he do food testing? That can have the results as airborne stuff..Hmmmm..

Wine and cookies...yummy.
She did food testing too - nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Wow MK, you just impress the heck out of me, no allergies!!!! Powerwoman!

Buffy - I still don't' believe it!

I always feel better when I take a Claritin!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #11

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hey peeps! I'm sorry I've been a bit MIA the last few days. Busy time and then my spare time just seems to slip away.

Anyway, business first. I'm up .6 for the month and happy it's only that much. And I'm really getting serious so Thanksgiving won't be a total disaster. Plus I have my yearly in 3 weeks and if he does blood work I don't want that to be a disaster either.

Thanks for all the compliments on Colton. I do have to agree with all of you, he really is a cutie! And he's such a good baby too. Sometimes it makes me sad that I don't keep him for them, but then I realize I wouldn't be near as excited about the times I do get to see him now. Or as fun. So I'm keeping mum on any of those thoughts to anybody else.

I hope you had fun in Tulsa Carolyn. I haven't heard of that play? But with a name like Memphis it would have to be good!

MK, what kind of testing did they do?

We have gloomy weather here today. It would be a great day to just stay in and clean and catch up. I sure hope I do just that! But I'm not making any promises, lol.

Tell Pooticus prayers are being said. I can't imagine what she's going through.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Sandy, I know exactly what you mean about wishing you could keep Colton for them but best not to get tied down that much, it is very tiring when you are older to keep a little one and I think it is just great that we can be there when they really need an extra hand. DS and DDIL have dodged the daycare bullet for almost a year but DS told DDIL not long ago that he can't turn down anything else at his job or it will hurt his progress there. They were understanding of him staying home an extra day with Oliver this first year but they will have to decide something soon. DDIL's sister has moved close by to them and is looking for a job, hasn't found anything yet so she has been a great help in keeping him when needed.

A pretty sunshiny day here, high is supposed to be 79, so very nice.

Got my blood tests results back yesterday. In may I had slacked off taking my usual high doses of EPA/EFA fish oil and my choleterol and trigs were both up again, the Dr. prescribed Zocor but not wanting to take that, I started back on my high doses of fish oil, even though the Dr. told me when I went in this time that no, that wouldn't do the same thing. Well, guess what, the C/and TRigs were back down to normal and Dr. sent a note saying, don't take the Zocor, hahaha. I would much rather take high doses of fish oil than a drug. One problem I have those is that my liver enzymes keep getting higher and higher, that worries me so am going to call the Dr. today to find out what I can do to lower them. I barely drink anymore so it isn't that. I also take milk thistle which is supposed to support the liver, not sure if that is doing anygood or not.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #13

Hi gals..

Memphis was a good show...Good dancing and singing..It was dated back in the 50's when
blacks and whites didn't date..Love story..

Buffy: Great on the fish oil experience. I guess it is good to do research on the liver enzymes and what you can take naturally for it.

It is gloomy here, too..Peeps are hoping for rain..It's badly needed here and I'm sure other places.

I signed up to help at the church library. There is a a great librarian, so I will just be the little helper.

Oh..Leslie Samsone has a new DVD out..It is a 4 mile walk with a stretchy band. We did it at exercise this morning. Four miles in 56 miles with some arm things..It is a really good workout, but not terribly strenuous.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #14
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - that's great about the fish oil!!!

Carolyn - I'm glad it was a good time!!

Sandy - They stuck me with lots of needles! And then when it didn't show anything I did a blood test!

We're supposed to get your gloomy weather tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
woke up at 3:00 AM and haven't been able to go back to sleep, finally just got up and made the coffee, I know I will get sleepy later on.

It has been a quiet week and I feel caught up but have a busy Saturday coming up. Sat. morning a friend is joining me for a beauty and fashion event at Neiman Marcus, then we are going to an annual sale at Market hall, then on to my DD's house for a baby shower and then that evening to one of our friend's house for game night. Whew, that is as much as I sometimes pack into a week, all in one day.

Game night is in place of dinner club for this month, we will all take salads to share, play games and just have a good time.

The baby shower is for DD's nanny, little Bobby is excited about his nanny having a new baby of her own and he went shopping with DD the other day and found all kinds of things he thought the new baby would need. She is going to take 6 weeks off and has someone lined up to watch her baby when she comes back to work. She has taken care of both of DD's little ones since they were born so thankfully she is coming back, they would really miss her.

I need to find a new book to listen to, I have gone through all my books that I had downloaded to Itunes, will have to find more.

Bought my first Christmas gift yesterday! I just buy for the grandkids so it is pretty easy these days.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #16
Princess Proofreader

Buffy -
I'm reading Rules of Civility by Amor Towles.
Really good!!

I also just picked up The Heights by Peter Hedges.
I hope it's good too!

Have you ever checked out GoodReads?
It's a website where you can see what your friends are reading. Keep track of what you've read and organize your books into virtual bookshelves.........

It's a great place to share book ideas!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

For the past couple of years, DD's have bought a lot of audio books to use while walking or running, so I have just followed along and read what ever they bought, now I have worked rhrough their stash, LOL.

Will go check those out MK, thanks. Yes, I have checked out GoodReads, my niece is on that as well.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #18

Hi gals..

I just go to the Kansas State library site for free book downloads to my Ipod..Call me cheap..LOL..But, I love audio books like Buffy does..David Baldacci is a very good author.

Had a long meeting this morning, then to the eye doctor. My eyes have changed a tiny bit so ordered new contacts..The cataracts are approaching...LOL..But not for many years, the doctor said..LOL

We have happy, coldish weather today..Gotta put my capris away and dig out some winter stuff..I hate that job..LOL.

Dh is coming home tonight..Then tomorrow night we go to Puss In Boots..LOL. I'd like to take my cat Alex, but I think he can see it when it comes out in DVD.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG, I didn't know you could go to a state library site and dload to your Ipod, now who's the techy one Carolyn? Do you just google for your state library to get started? Thanks so much for that idea. I am cheap, that's why I have been reading all the things the girls had purchased.

must be time for new contacts, my cousin and niece just got them too.

I also need to switch out some clothes but I have to keep a few out for our warmer days.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
For the past couple of years, DD's have bought a lot of audio books to use while walking or running, so I have just followed along and read what ever they bought, now I have worked rhrough their stash, LOL.

Will go check those out MK, thanks. Yes, I have checked out GoodReads, my niece is on that as well.

I don't buy books on CD - just check them out from the library!

Join Goodreads and friend me too - then we can trade book ideas!

Quote:

I just go to the Kansas State library site for free book downloads to my Ipod..Call me cheap..LOL..But, I love audio books like Buffy does..David Baldacci is a very good author.
Do you download the talking books for the blind?

Quote:

I'd like to take my cat Alex, but I think he can see it when it comes out in DVD.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #21

No..the books aren't for the blind, but they do have books for the blind..My Aunt gets them with a tape recorder from Lawrence.

The best thing is to ask your local library if they have downloadable audio books..or if they know if the state library has them. We just go to the Kansas State Library Card site if you are in KS..Or maybe you don't have to be from KS..hmmmm??

Dh landed in KCity and had some time with dd and her dh..Dinner out, etc..So, he is on his way home.

No, Alex does love the previews of PNBoots..
Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Looks like you have to be from Kansas Carolyn, but thanks so much for the idea and a little birdie sent me a link to the Dallas Pub library so I am going to our local subburgatory library tomorrow to check things out further.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:29 AM   #23

Buffy: I am sure Dallas has lots of audiobooks...even the suburgatory library..(LOL).

Dh got home..He had a nice dinner with the kids..So that is a good thing..

Off to do errands, etc..Trying to avoid WalMart..Sometimes I like to eat what is on hand or in the freezer..However, tonight the PNBoots show is 7:15, so we might not have time to eat..at home.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #24

I bought Amazon prime for $79 a year..Free 2 day shipping on lots of items..Now, they have a free lending audio library for those with Kindles included in this price.. I don't have a Kindle, but it is a good deal, I think..
Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #25

YOu know you can download a Kindle reader program free for your phone, and probably for your computer too. I don't have a kindle either but I do have a few kindle books now on my phone.

Enjoy the movie!!

Yes, our KS library asks me for my Johnson County lib. card number. That's how I log in. I've heard though that some libraries, like New York even, I think, allow anybody to get a library card no matter where you live?? I bet they have a lot of books. I wish ours would get more. I don't know why though, I can't even get caught up with the ones I'm reading now, lol. I'm about 25 behind!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #26

Hmmm....That is interesting about the other states letting you use the library..In our town, you have to prove that you live here to get a card..

I'm behind, too..
Old 11-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #27

Here is a very easy sugary fudge recipe..And you can vary the chips and the frosting..

Extra Easy Fudge Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Old 11-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, went to our P library today, to be honest, I hadn't been there since the kids got out of high school! It is much bigger and very nice. I got a new card and info on the audio books that I can dload to my Iphone. They don't have them yet for ereaders but said that it is coming. And, it sounds like more and more libraries will be linked in the future so I think we will have plenty to read and be able to stay on a budget. The Amazon prime sounds like a good deal now that I have a kindle, will look into that too plus I do buy on amazon fairly often. Also got some groceries, I am getting too stocked up again and like you said Carolyn, sometimes it is good to eat out of the freezer or what is on hand.

Here is another recipe for a very small batch of sugar and cream fudge you make in the microwave, just if you have a hankering for some old fashion fudge, I kept trying this until I got the proportions right.

2/3 cup sugar
1 very heaping T of Hershey's cocoa
1/3 cup plus 1T of heavy whipping cream.

Stir together in a 6 cup microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Remove and drop in 1 T butter. Cool for just a bit and hand beat until it starts to set up, pour into small bowl or onto small plate. Rich and creamy.

My microwave is a 1200 W. Do not substitute any other chocolate for the Hershey's cocoa. I reached for the dark chocolate one day and it didn't work. Tried another brand of cocoa one day, it didn't work.

I figured this small batch out one time when we were having popcorn and just wanted a little bit of fudge to go with it but I didn't want a big batch around
Old 11-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #29

Oh..Thanks, Buffy.. Wonder if you can use sweeteners in this recipe??

I loved the movie..PNBoots..Dh didn't say anything about it.. The 3D action was amazing..
Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #30

We went to see Contagion. Can I just say one thing?......WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!