Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

No, gout is not weird in an older lady. My older friend called me for my birthday and said that they couldn't figure out what she had..Guess what? Gout...Her legs and feet hurt so badly..She is sooooo much better with meds, she said.

Web: Why did you even say the word "popcorn"..? My mouth is watering...even as I type this.. That is weird about Coke Zero..now you know....

Sandy: The grandparent rule is a good one, I guess..

Alex is getting his Christmas picture tomorrow..A highschool girl from church who is quite the photographer took a picture of her cat in a cute little costume..So cute..Well,
she is coming over to see if Alex will cooperate...Dh was afraid that Alex would be our Christmas card this year..LOL..I said, "Of course not"..snicker, snicker..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #182
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Can you get gout in your wrist?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #183

MK: It seems so..Wrist gout. It might take time to diagnose it.

I'm sure there are other articles, too..
Old 11-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #184

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
MK, we're on the same schedule it seems. I go for my mammogram tomorrow. Along with a bone scan.

DH has what they call "pseudo-gout". It's very cyclical and has not been bad for the last several months. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays away forever.

Sometimes sugary tasting diet drinks make me crave foods I shouldn't have. I think it's the sweet taste more than the actual sugar for me.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #185
Princess Proofreader

Thanks Carolyn!
The nurse didn't call me yesterday, so I'll give her until this afternoon and then call her back!

Sandy - me too! Alcohol gives me the munchies too!
I hope DH's stays away as long as possible!

Today is a stay-at-home-day. I hope nothing major happens because it will just have to happen without me!

On my last major shopping trip, I bought ear muff headphones and they're amazing!! When I'd walk the dog, my ear muffs would hurt over my ear buds, but these have the electronics built right in! Very cool!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #186

Oh I love those. Where and how much?????
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
Oh my, lots of interesting things you gals have posted.
Popcorn, one of my favorite foods for years but guess what my 3 hypothyroid girls and I have found in the past few years. When our thyroid meds are correct, we do not crave popcorn at all, when it is not correct, we can't get enough popcorn!! I used to eat it every single night, now, I barely want it when I go to the movies! Might just be our family though.

Gout, my DB used to suffer from it, thankfully I have never experienced it but I know it is very painful.

Pet pictures. When we had Buffy, she would allow me to dress her up, she wasn't really happy about it, but she would cooperate and we had quite a following of her Christmas cards for several years. When we lost her and Tinker came to live with us, the cat Christmas cards ceased. I still have people comment about them though. Who wouldn't want to get a cat Christmas card????

MK, love the headphone/ear muffs, what a great idea.

Enjoy those Christmas times while you can when everyone can come to your home, once they start getting married, or move a distance away, it becomes harder and harder to get them all home at the same time. But, I loved being home on Christmas mornings with my little ones so I always tell my kids that I hope they establish that tradition for their kids, then later on that day people can get together. This year we are going to DD#2's house in the afternoon and DD#3 and her family are coming there as well. DS has to work again but hopefully he will get off early. When you work at a large resort, there is always work to do.

There is a new resale shop which opened in our area so I am going to bag up some things to take to them today. See what happens?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #188

Hi gals..

One more pound down...154 today..I guess Apple Pie isn't on the LC plan..LOL..

I love your popcorn theory..Popcorn is my drug of choice..When dh is away and I haven't eaten enough for dinner, popcorn beckons my name..but it has to have butter..of course.

Those are darling headphones..darling....I don't think dd walks outside nor do I in the wintertime..

Gout of any kind sounds horrible..My dear friend suffered for years before they found out what she had..Good grief.

I ordered a bunch of flannel shirts on Macy's site yesterday and bought myself some nice gold hoops from Gary. The shirts were $13 a piece..LL Beans' shirts were like $40..Too much for my ds.

Off to Bible Study. I have a brunch on Thursday to go to and have to make something LC for me...and other diabetics..Think, think, think.

MK: I hope the nurse calls you...grumble..

Anxious to see how Mr. Alex does with his portrait this afternoon..I will probably sequester him to one room so he can't get away..
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #189

Big success.. This is Alex's Christmas picture for our newsletter..
Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #190
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - cute pic!!!!

Of course the nurse didn't call - and I forgot to until just now.
she's off, so I'll wait until tomorrow!

Buffy - so we've been calling you by your cat's name all these years!?!

Sandy - I bought those at Von Maur for $36, but if you Google them, I'm sure they're elsewhere!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #191

LOL...Yes, I knew that Buffy wasn't Fern's real name.... I think Buffy fits her personality..
Cute and fun.

Ds is coming over and we are heading out for dinner. He will be bringing his laundry, of course.

Now, did they take your Mom to the doctor??? or do you have to do that?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #192

Okay..new December challenge name?

Maybe a Santa theme? Ho-ho-holding Our Weight Down Challenge?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #193

I like that name a lot Carolyn.!

Thanks for the info MK. I found them online at Wilson's Leather but they're backordered for at least 3 weeks! They also have gloves with the faux fox fur trim and special fingers so you can use your smart phones, etc. Pretty cool.

I knew Buffy was incognito too but only b/c we're FB friends. I too think Buffy fits her. Of course, I've known her way longer as Buffy than her real name.

DH got his surgeon appt moved up by more than a month! So he goes in tomorrow to discuss all the details about back surgery. Then he needs to decide if he's really ready for that step. I find it pretty scary but I know a lot of people have back surgery and are happy that they did. Please remember him in your prayers.

I have to go help at the food kitchen in the a.m. but I'm going with him tomorrow afternoon when he goes to the Dr. Four ears hear better than two.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 11-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #194
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Love the Dec name , Carolyn! And Alex looks so cute yet so disgusted!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #195

Hi ladies..

Okay with the name...for December...

Sandy: Yikes..I have had back surgery years ago for a herniated disk..Will definitely be praying for your dh and wisdom for the surgeon. What is he having done? Back surgery is way less invasion than years back..

Cindy: This was the best picture...He looked the happiest in this one, so you can just imagine. He is writing the Christmas letter for me..I'm not even going to show it to my dh..LOL..

MK: Hope your mom is doing okay..

I was bad tonight..Mexican. I took half my dinner home for lunch tomorrow because I eat those darned chips..
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webwoman100
Stats: 315/245/139 (-70)
WOE: Tried Everything. Now LCHF
Start Date: Started LCHF 06.24.14
Well, I feel pretty good today. My sugars are lower so that's good. I haven't really lost any weight but whatever. I'd love to lose weight but at this point I just want to feel better than I have.

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast. yum
I had egg salad and bacon and half and avocado for lunch. yummy
I had corned beef and cabbage from the slow cooker for dinner. YUM-O!
And for dessert I had about 2/3rd cup of heavy cream jello. I saw that recipe around here somewhere.

I am full that is for sure.

I have NOT had the up and down blood sugar roller coaster ride that I have been suffering with for a very long time. HALLELUJAH!

That alone makes me want to keep going.

webwoman
webwoman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #197

That is great, Webwoman..I think get used to the plan, then if you aren't losing, cut down the portions a tiny bit and see what happens. Plus...you can be retaining water with the bacon/corned beef, too..
Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

LOVE Alex's picture, he is such a pretty boy anyway.

Yes, Buffy is my LCF name, I have had it for so long it just seems natural, LOL. Sort of goes with my split personality, haha.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #199
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

I KNEW Buffy wasn't her real name (Hi Buffy! ) we're FB friends too, I just didn't know it was the name of her cat!

Anyway . . . .

Carolyn - I don't have to take mom to the doc, it just magically happens! (yay!)
Love the new name!

Sandy - Other places have other styles (I just really liked the faux fox!). Isotoner has the smart phone gloves is all sorts of colors too!
I'm hoping Santa hears about them!

Good luck to DH!!

Good job Webwoman!!

Buffy - yes, it does fit you! I don't think I can call you Fern!

Body building and errands today.
Taking a GF to lunch for her bday and out with the ladies tonight - making finals care packages for our kids and drinking wine!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
I have gotten used to going by a number of names so by now, I can hardly remember which is my real name. Most of the grandkids call me Mema, so now my kids and their friends call me Mema, even my DD's nanny and her DH call me Mema. When I moved to TX, for some reason, everyone who met me turned Fern into Fran, so I am called that a lot. My full name is Fern Francis, so when I go to most doctors, their offices immediately turn that into Francis Fern for some reason. Since I am the oldest in my dinner club group, they call me Mama. When I went on the cruise last year with my sister and her friends and decided to laze in bed one day reading a book, they dubbed me the Queen Mum. So, there you have it, Buffy, Mema, Mama, Grandma, The Queen Mum, Fern, Fran, Francis, when I get senile will I forget all my names or just my real one?????

The Isotoner gloves sound like a great gift for someone in a colder climate, I so seldom wear gloves here that I will resist.

Webwoman, LC is definitely good for diabetes.

Carolyn, that sounds like a great price for flannel shirts. I got my first shipment from Amazon yesterday, I have most of my shopping done and haven't been in a store yet , love shopping online for Christmas. Then, when I have it all done and wrapped, it is fun to go to the stores just to browse around and see all the pretty decorations, just have to resist the urge to buy.

Going to meet DD#2 today, she is getting a facial and asked if I wanted to tag along. DD#3 stopping by after work to pick up some things and DD#1 flies in tomorrow, can't wait to see her, haven't seen her since July.

Home tour on Friday that DD#2 is co-chair of.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webwoman100
Stats: 315/245/139 (-70)
WOE: Tried Everything. Now LCHF
Start Date: Started LCHF 06.24.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

On my last major shopping trip, I bought ear muff headphones and they're amazing!! When I'd walk the dog, my ear muffs would hurt over my ear buds, but these have the electronics built right in! Very cool!

That is the coolest thing I ever heard of! Awesome!!! I want a pair!!

webwoman
webwoman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #202

Love the pic of Alex! Bailey is never thrilled when I dress her up for pics either but I do have some good ones. Our local weatherman even put one of them on TV one year! So I guess she's famous, lol.

I went to the food kitchen this a.m. We made enough chili for about 400 peeps. Another group will go back this evening and serve it. I had to chop onions and let me tell you! I told the gal in charge I vote for dried onions next time. Thankfully she agreed with me.

I'll find out all the details about the surgery today at DH's appt and fill you in later. Thanks for the prayers.

Buffy, at that point, you can pick out any name you want to be called!! My grandchildren call me Nanny so now all their friends do too. Which is ok with me. They all call my DH Papa too.

I'm going to have the baby tonight while his parents and grandparents go to the KU game. I hope I can keep him up awhile so I can play with him.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #203

Hi ladies..

Up a pound from the chips..No big surprise..One gal at exercise says she orders her meal along with the drink order so it lessens the time with the chips in front of her. Good idea.

Well, ds24 had a small fender bender this morning..The other guy's car was fine, but his Taurus needs some fender work. He called me during lunch.
I told him the routine..Call the insurance, etc...Luckily, Gary and I have 2 cars and the farm pickup, so he can use that to get to work when the car is in the shop...

Thanks for the kudos on Alex's picture. He wrote the whole Christmas letter, too. He is one amazing cat..LOL.

Dried onions for sure..Gad, I can barely chop up one without tears running down my face..

MK: It is wonderful when the "place" takes your mom to the doctor. They go in there and find out all the details, too. It's hard to expect an older person to remember much.

I do love shopping online alot. I like my kids to get an Amazon wish list, too.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #204

Ok, DH has to get another MRI to see if anything has changed in the year since his last one. And to either confirm or rule out what the real problem is. He has 2 bulging discs and also could have arthritis setting in from his compression fractures from 2 years ago. Hopefully they'll figure out a plan of action and get him taken care of. Until then, more hurry up and wait.

Baby was so fun tonight. We only had him about an hour and a half awake. Then he went down for the night. Or at least until momma and daddy come pick him up. He's really such a good baby. He doesn't want to be rocked or coddled at bedtime. Just lay him down and off to sleep he goes! I have to say I miss rocking him, but it's also nice that he goes to sleep so well on his own too. Another good reason I shouldn't be his full time sitter. I'd have him spoiled rotten!!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #205

Sandy: It is always best to see what's going on in there before they decided on anything..Does his back hurt alot??? So fun with your baby..I get to hold a baby or two at church when I work in the nursery..You forget how fun they are. That is a miracle that he goes down without rocking, etc. Many parents would be very jealous...

Peeps; Don't forget the new thread for tomorrow..Ho...ho...ho.