Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Thx.Dr.A.
Stats: 244/170/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/21/02
Paging Carolyn/other long-timers - Need help with stats and totals

Hi,

A little history - I'm a long time low carber (under 25 -30/day) eating about 1500 calories/day. I wasn't ever a green eater on low carb - I was a brownie (I ate mostly meats)

Then had a lot of medical issues in the last year that required steroids and food type restrictions, so in the past 6 -9 months have been eating more carb/less protein.

Now with an almost clean bill of health with just a few restrictions, I can do EFGT and wanted to try it as a tweak to my previous low carb ( I'm really just increasing fat and greens and reducing protein)

So I was doing really well and initially lost 8 pounds in the first two weeks, but now at the end of my third week, I gained 3 of those 8 back.

My stats over the last 3 weeks are 78%fat/14%protein/8%carb averaging 1400 calories/day. The carbs are net - I have deducted the fiber from greens (which for me has been spinach, other salad greens, green beans and avocados). I have had zero white carb of any kind - I don't cheat with a bite of this or that, so that's not the hidden reason for the gain/stall.

Can you all critique me and steer me in the right direction?
Thx.Dr.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Barry's percentages are 60-65percent fat/20-25 percent protein/the rest green carbs.

Are you a lady? If so, you should have about 70-80 grams of protein a day and no more..You need enough protein to build muscle, etc..

You need to cut back on the fat, I think....If you are eating high fat, then you can't have very many carbs at all..It is like a seesaw..High fat/few carbs..Moderate fat (60percent), more carbs. Even though they are green carbs, they are carbs..

Your protein amounts should stay the same with the only variation is with the fat and carbs..

Does that make sense??

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Thx.Dr.A.
Stats: 244/170/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/21/02
Thank you, Carolyn. Yes, I am female. I will tweak my percentages as you say. I appreciate your time.
Thx.Dr.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
You are welcome...Let me know how it works for you....
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote