Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Newbie help! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/729816-newbie-help.html)

sugafreewanabuk 07-29-2011 08:08 AM

Newbie help!

Hello!

I'm pretty new to this website. I'm currently following Atkins, I've been doing it for about 2 and a half weeks now, however I'm massively craving chocolate and carbs, I'm binging on peanut butter to try and overcome the craving. I'm determined not to break, but I'm pretty sure eating a whole jar of peanut butter isn't helping. I think the key secret is not to buy peanut butter.

Any advice on cravings! I'm really worried I'm going to give up. :(

Thank you :)

CarolynF 07-31-2011 03:20 PM

Peanut butter is quite carby, especially in large amounts..The more you eat, the more you want...

Honestly, the more you resist the "cravings" by doing something you like or have a cup of tea or coffee, the stronger you will become.

Don't buy peanut butter if it is a problem for you.

tracey30&thriving 07-31-2011 03:26 PM

i buy sugar free candy and chocolate, make sure it is made with splenda or sweet n low

sandylp 08-08-2011 07:24 PM

Peanut Butter will just keep you craving for sugar and carbs. Try to stick to Atkins induction for the first couple of weeks and your cravings for carbs and sugar will go away. I can't have peanut butter in the house because I like it too much. Same goes for chocolate and nuts!

AbFab 08-12-2012 10:27 AM

Peanut butter (and peanut butter flavored things) are always my downfall. I don't keep it in the house anymore. Chewing a spoonful of protein powder, having a boiled egg, and supplementing with cinnamon & chromium have helped.

atcgirl42 08-12-2012 12:52 PM

Try taking L-Glutamine to help with cravings throughout the day. You can find it at a health food store.

MarieJoe 08-20-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracey30&thriving (Post 14873504)
i buy sugar free candy and chocolate, make sure it is made with splenda or sweet n low

But doesn't sweet things upset the metabolism to lose?
I just finished Barry Groves books....and I thought there was a section devoted to that concept.

And, I thought I had heard elsewhere that even though it is not sugar....it is sweet and your body know sweet.....

miker295 08-20-2012 07:35 PM

I agree with the other posters - if you crave it, that's a good sign not to buy it. I also agree with your assessment about the artificial sweeteners - those can cause a stall and/or just keep the craving for sweets alive.

If the peanut butter you're buying has added sugar, it could be just enough to trigger a craving. If it doesn't have added sugar, that could be a sign that you're really craving more fat. I personally have had great success killing cravings and jump starting weight loss once I added coconut oil into my regimen. Macadamia nuts are also supposed to be a higher fat/lower carb option too.

Good luck!

hottmamahouse 08-22-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugafreewanabuk (Post 14868157)
Hello!

I'm pretty new to this website. I'm currently following Atkins, I've been doing it for about 2 and a half weeks now, however I'm massively craving chocolate and carbs, I'm binging on peanut butter to try and overcome the craving. I'm determined not to break, but I'm pretty sure eating a whole jar of peanut butter isn't helping. I think the key secret is not to buy peanut butter.

Any advice on cravings! I'm really worried I'm going to give up. :(

Thank you :)

CHEESECAKE MUFFINS, ok during induction, 1 carb and DEEEELISH!:jumpjoy: