Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Fatblasting Challenge for July...

Hi..

Where is the dynamite? I have to weigh..Just wanted to start this thread.

Yes, BMaids could be seen twice with different friends..special friends..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!
I weighed . . . . 120.0!
June started at 120.6 - so a whole 1/2 lb!
This may take forever!!

Though, considering how badly I've been eating - I'll take it!!

I'll be leaving today and I'll try to check in - no clue if there's wireless where we're staying!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #3

Have fun, MK.. Hope it is cooler where you are going, my friend.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
Princess Proofreader

Thanks!

KC no, but CO
Old 07-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #5

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Ok, weigh in-151.6 which is at least a little loss. Not much but I'll take it. I was 153.8 last month and the way I've been eating, it's a blessing to lose even this.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #6

AKKK..I was 157 this morning, but I will take any "blessings" that come my way.

Gf and I went out for lunch..I told the waitress NO chips and then we split a healthy meal..
So, I wasn't overstuffed...

Good for you Sandy..and Mary Kay..I hope CO is cooler for you..
Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Opps! Will weigh in the am.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:18 AM   #8

Hi ladies..

Dh is taking me out to breakfast when he wakes up..

Eekk..I was still 157 this morning after being good yesterday..I think it takes a while for
a body to truly believe we are on the right track..LOL.

Another hottie today..
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #9

We went to breakfast too and tomorrow my DD is making breakfast for all of us before we head out to the lake. Now I just have to work on Monday's breakfast, lol. I actually brought leftovers home from this a.m. so they'll probably be Monday's. We have the baby all day today. We're taking him to church with us tonight. I already told him, no crying, throwing up or explosive poop! He has to make Nanny & Papa look good! Lol. I sure hope he listened.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
We have the baby all day today. We're taking him to church with us tonight. I already told him, no crying, throwing up or explosive poop! He has to make Nanny & Papa look good! Lol. I sure hope he listened.
Crying I can do, throwing up....seen it, but I draw the line at explosive poop!!

All right girls, I am SO excited!! I don't know if I ever mentioned that I have had my pilots license since 1988. I lost the airplane in the divorce 5 years ago and thought that maybe when my house sold, I would like to get into a partnership with someone. Well, I got a call from a good friend on Friday looking for a partner to buy an airplane like the one I used to own. I immediately said yes!! We will know by tomorrow night if we got it. I will own 1/3 which is perfect. One partner is a doctor friend and 1 is an aircraft mechanic who is also a good friend. Perfect!! I will let you know.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 07-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #11

That's great Cindy! A friend of ours owns a plane too but I'm not sure if he's in a partnership or sole owner. The very first time he ever even flew in an airplane was with us and I don't think I've ever seen anyone so scared! And within 10 years he had his license! We always kid him about that.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #12

Hi.

Sandy, you are such a good ggrandma.. Have fun at the lake..Hope you can catch a few nice breezes..

Cindy: You are very brave..and the best partner for a plane is one who is a mechanic..
How funnnn....

Dh is leaving for Vancouver on July 4th..so he will miss the fireworks. Not happy about using a holiday for travel, but he didn't arrange the meeting.

I am sooooo tired..must be the weather.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
That's great Cindy! A friend of ours owns a plane too but I'm not sure if he's in a partnership or sole owner. The very first time he ever even flew in an airplane was with us and I don't think I've ever seen anyone so scared! And within 10 years he had his license! We always kid him about that.
I was scared to death the first time I ever flew as a passenger in a small plane and I ended up with my pilots license. I almost passed out (white as a sheet, head between knees) the first time I ever saw an epidural put in and now I work for a big anesthesia group! What does that say about me??
Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #14

Let me tell you, I'm whipped!! He's a very good baby but about 5:30 he got a tummy ache or something and he was a mess until about 30 minutes ago. I finally got him down which is where I hope he stays until his mommy and daddy get here. It was a fun day but I'm so out of "baby" shape. Thank goodness it's only a sometime thing. There's no way I could do this 8-9 hours every single day. No matter how much I love that little guy.

Bummer Gary will miss the fireworks. We probably will too b/c Tues. is a work day and DH never wants to stay out late the evening before. I'm not a big fireworks nut anyway, so no problem with me.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM   #15
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
No wifi at DH's mom's place. Thank heavens I have my phone. I survived the family reunion and we're off to CO today!

DH promised me the hotel will have wifi - so see you all tonight!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Hi!
No wifi at DH's mom's place. Thank heavens I have my phone. I survived the family reunion and we're off to CO today!

DH promised me the hotel will have wifi - so see you all tonight!
We do get dependent on technology!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #17

Hi gals..

Okay..still 157..What the heck??? It's like the time I had chocolate croissants for 5 days in a row and couldn't shake the weight...But, I'm diligent this time..and dh will be gone this week, so it will be easy(ier)..

When I was in WDMoines, my friend has her gdaughter on Thursdays..She is 4 months old and had a hard time getting her down for her nap..So, then she knew this isn't for the faint of heart when you are over 50...LOL..
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #18
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
We do get dependent on technology!
So true!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #19
Always on, slightly off

It's official! I own 1/3 of an airplane!! I'm too excited as the other 2 partners are good friends. I need to fly with an instructor for a bit as I haven't flown in 5 years but the one I now own is the exact one I flew for years so it should be easy.

Rosemary, my almost 18 year old cat, is now getting a laser treatment for her arthritis. It is some type of infrared laser for 2 minutes on each joint. It takes 6-8 treatments, at 2 per week, then a maintenance once a month. It is fairly inexpensive and appers to be working. She was so stiff legged in her front legs. I'm sure she hurt. Between my $950 teeth bill for Pooter and now Rose, I'm sure they get better health care than a lot of people.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #20

Cindy: Wow..we have an airport down here if you want to practice flying anywhere..

Oh...you are such a good kitteh mama/nurse. I'm so glad Rose feels better..

Well, still at 157.. I think the fat has solidified..LOL..But, I'm being very good today and not eating a ton..so hopefully, I will lose a little and get back to my normal weight or below..

Hot as the debil here..Church is having a picnic at 5:30..outside..I will just go and watch the fireworks there later..It's a perfect location..Dh left for cool BC..

Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Hello dear friends.
Wow, lots of good news you gals. Sounds like a lot of coming and going, and I envy the ones headed to cooler places, it is miserable here right now. We have to pay the price every summer for our mild all year climate but wow, it is hot here in July and August and this year June decided to join in for some reason.

Cindy, that is exciting about your plane, you are a go getter my girl, it is fun as I get to know more and more about you, so glad you are in our little group here.

Yes Sandy, babysitting for us older peeps is hard work. I remember it came so easily when I was young and now, it is fun but also that thought is always in the back of my mind, how soon are they coming to get them, LOL. But, already the 11 year old is bumping me fairly often to have friends over or to go to friends so we have to enjoy it while they are young and build that bond with them that will always be there. DGS 11 flew off to Iowa by himself today to see my ex and stay at the farm for a week, he gets to do this every summer and LOVES it, I am so happy my ex is still on the farm so the kids all get to enjoy going there. He quickly made friends with another boy his age who was flying alone, so they were settling in quite well. I had Bobby, 3 over night last Wed. night and he wore me clear out. But, it was fun.

Carolyn, sounds like you had a great girl trip and you can lose that while Gary is gone, you always do well with your eating while he is away.

Enjoy CO MK, what area are you in? DD#2, DSIL and the kids are in Aspen for 2 weeks, they love to go there in the summer and today there are lots of things going on for the kids to enjoy.

Wanted to let you all know that my DB passed last night at about 11:20. He went into the hostpital Thursday because the stomach tube did not work for him so that was the last effort to try to get nutrition into him and at that, they knew it was a last ditch effort. Just too many things wrong by this point. He was in very bad shape on Thursday and they didn't not think he would make it thourh the night but like many times, he somewhat rallied on Friday and was able to somewhat communicate on Friday, had a very rough night Friday night, was communicative Sat. morning and then slipped into being unresponsive Saturday afternoon and was that way until he passed last night. My niece brought his favorite cat to the hospital Sat. afternoon and one of the last things he did was to pat his cat before he kind of slipped away. It is hard but his past 10 months have been so unhappy and the fact that he could not get better made me pretty much ready for him to go and I am trying really hard not to be bitter towards how his wife did things that made the last year so hard for him, I have to let that go, it won't help anything or anyone for me to feel that way. I was up about 4 am yesterday morning and felt someone brush my shoulder, nobody was near me and I do believe it was him. I had prayed that I would have something to show me he was near me as he neared death or died and I think that was my sign. Whew this is really hard, I loved him so much. I have just felt exhausted since he went back into the hospital, I guess it is stress but I can barely function, finally took tylenol pm after I got the call last night and slept for about 10 hours. The service will be sometime this week so we will probably leave to drive to Iowa tomorrow.

Thank you all for all the prayers and kind thoughts and words you have expressed to me over these last 10 months, it has really meant a lot and this has been a place I could come on and rant and rave among my cyber friends.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #22

Oh, Buffy..Prayers for you and your family at this difficult time. What a thoughtful thing to bring his kitty in to soothe him in his last hours. However, feeding tubes are no fun and
at least his pain is gone. Sometimes, we just can't get better...that's what happened to
my minlaw. I used to think people would just die quickly, but many of us die slowly and that is very hard to take on the family. Oh..I'm sure your brother was stopping by yesterday to say "good bye". It is hard to forgive your sisterinlaw, but I know you can do it with God's help. You are right to let it go. XXXXOOOO
Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #23

Oh Buffy, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I know how hard it is to lose a sibling. It's like a tiny part of your whole life is gone. I'm so glad you had a sign from him. That has to be a comfort. And I'll pray for you that you can let go of any anger or bitterness towards his wife. I'm still struggling with these issues with my own sister since my mom passed 3+ years ago so I know how very hard that is to let go. Even when you're trying really hard. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #24

...and on another note..Dh got to the KCity airport for his 12:30 flight to Vancouver..He forgot his passport back at the office..(office is locked, etc.). I offered to have someone open it up and meet him partway, but I think he was too embarrassed to ask anyone...So, I found him a 7:33 pm flight to Vancouver, so he drove 3 hours back to the office, got the passport, and 3 more hours to the airport..He said he would call when he got on the plane..Poor guy..He is too old for this..
Old 07-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #25

Oh no!! I bet he's pooped out. That's always one of my big fears when we fly. Either forgetting my passport or in the old days, my tickets. Now since everything is pretty much electronic tickets I've reduced it to just forgetting my passport on intl travel. Poor guy!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #26
Always on, slightly off

Buffy, I am so sorry about your brother! Many prayers to you and your family.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #27
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
It's official! I own 1/3 of an airplane!! I'm too excited as the other 2 partners are good friends. I need to fly with an instructor for a bit as I haven't flown in 5 years but the one I now own is the exact one I flew for years so it should be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
d

Enjoy CO MK, what area are you in? DD#2, DSIL and the kids are in Aspen for 2 weeks, they love to go there in the summer and today there are lots of things going on for the kids to enjoy.
Wish i knew them - we're staying in Basalt at DD's apartment - but she works in Aspen, so we'll be there lots too! I'll probably see them and not even notice!!

So so sorry about your brother!!!
Lots of prayers to you.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #28
Always on, slightly off

The new baby!

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 07-05-2011 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful words, it means so much to me.

Cindy, you are just the cutest thing with you new toy,

Oh Carolyn, poor Gary. In the very near future, I swear, everything we need to travel, shop, etc. will be on our mobile phones, or we will have chips implanted into our heads, hands, something.

MK, just look for a blonde lady with a dark haired hispanic husband with 2 little brown eyed adorable kids, that will be my DD, LOL.

Sandy, thanks for the words on letting go of the anger, I know I must do it, she will suffer more than I for what she did towards him and I know she feels guilty about it b/c she keeps trying to explain,

Leaving tomorrow to drive to Iowa, will be back during the weekend and maybe my life will get back to normal.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #30
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Leaving tomorrow to drive to Iowa, will be back during the weekend and maybe my life will get back to normal.
Tom, my BF, has been going back and forth to Corning to clean out his mother's house as she is in a nursing home now.