Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hi!
Back from babysitting that crew, now the next gig is in Austin the first weekend in August.

Sandy, how do you cook bacon on the grill? And then do you freeze it or what? Sounds interesting and we have a new grill.

Oh, the heat, it is getting overwhelming and very depressing, almost a month of over 100 temps each day.

Mk, you are probably already off and having fun in Florida.

I hear the Harry movie is very good Carolyn, but I haven't see any of them or read the books, I need to start at the beginning.

I knew Cindy must be watering,

Grandkitty Tuffy came to stay for 2 weeks while DD #3 and her family are on vacation but I haven't seen him since they dropped him off this morning, hope he comes out of hiding soon. I tried to coax him out calling Treats, treats, but only my 4 came running.

Oh Sandy, that sidewalk sale brought back fond memories of going to Crazy Days in Iowa back when my kids were young, my girls talk about it, getting up really early to get there and grab the best bargains, it was such fun. By noon the good stuff was gone, we were packed up and headed home, tired but with lots of goodies.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I have a Weber grill with 3 burners. I put the 2 side burners on high. I wrap a cookie sheet in heavy duty alum. foil and lay my bacon on it. Then I put it on the grill over the unlit middle burner for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon. When it's crispy I lay it on cotton dishtowels to drain and cool. Then I put it in a big zip lock bag or storage container and refrigerate. It never lasts long enough to freeze any. I start off with the grill cold on my first batch but the other day I probably did 4-5 cookie sheets full and it worked great! And it's so nice not to have to heat up the house or stand over it frying it and getting popped by grease. And the house doesn't get all full of bacon smells either. I love it!!!

Super hot still here too although this morning it's a little cloudy. We can only hope for some rain and relief. I have to take my dad to the Dr. this a.m., then meet my DD to look at some dresses she had held back for DGS's wedding in Sept. She found 5!!! And needs help deciding which one to get. Then I have the baby this afternoon. Maybe all this activity will keep me away from food!! I'm back up again. I'm getting so discouraged with myself!! And mad at myself too.

Well, I better get busy and get my day started.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,
That sounds like a great way to cook bacon, I have baked it before but still, all the grease and bacon smells, this sounds like it would work out the best. I think our new grill has 3 burners too, can't wait to try this.

I recently read to kind of do chicken this way, or maybe one of you posted it, brown the chicken and then put it over onto the unlit side and let it continue cooking.

I have been waiting for our favorite steaks to go on sale so I can stock up the freezer with them. Angus strip steaks, once in a blue moon our Tom Thumb puts them on special.

Hope to be home all day today, need to do the usual laundry, house and office day.

Hot again, hate to wish time away but it is just too hot to go do anything around here. I know much of the country is in the same boat.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #154

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

I was down to 154 this morning.........I started taking 2 (25) pills of 7-KETO
and I think that is helping alot..Cindy takes 200 a day and is doing well..
I think it perks up my sagging metabolism or something..

Glad you are back, Buffy..and little Tuffy will come out eventually, I'm sure..
She has to greet her cousins sometime..LOL..

Oh..that sounds like a great way to do bacon, Sandy..I think we are all living in the HOT zone from TX to IL..

Cleaning the guest room for Rachel to stay in this weekend..I made 9 little dresses for Africa, so there are probably pins on the floor..LOL..

I couldn't find a hotel in Salina to stay in Friday night..some car show or baseball thing..So, we are staying with Brett..He can sleep on the couch.
Plan to go to the Japanese Steak House...I love those places..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #155

Here is what the 7_KETO looks like:

NOW 7-KETO
Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #156

[QUOTE=CarolynF;14862407]Here is what the 7_KETO looks like:

NOW 7-KETO[/QUOTE

Which one?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #157
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I use the NOW brand 7-KETO DHEA and I think Carolyn does too. I take 100mg with breakfast and 100 with lunch. No later in the day as it can keep you up. It is not caffeine. Here is a "brief" article: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2005/...er_keto_01.htm

And yes, Buffy, we were gone 36 hours and I had to water at 10:30 at night when we got home!!

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 07-27-2011 at 08:59 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #158

Hi ladies..

I use the 25 version because I thought the 100 one kept me up at night..So I take 2 (25)s with breakfast.. Netrition has the cheapest form, but you can get it at any health food store, I think.

Still 154.. But we are leaving for Salina, so I will have one meal out that might be iffy on my plan..

My tomatoes have flowers, but no fruit.. To water or not?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #159
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

I use the 25 version because I thought the 100 one kept me up at night..So I take 2 (25)s with breakfast.. Netrition has the cheapest form, but you can get it at any health food store, I think.

Still 154.. But we are leaving for Salina, so I will have one meal out that might be iffy on my plan..

My tomatoes have flowers, but no fruit.. To water or not?
Oh, I have watered my cherry tomatoes twice a day since the heat and I have a lot of tomatoes, albeit, cherry ones.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #160

I think next year will be the cherry tomato year for me..I don't think regular tomatoes like to be in pots..

Dh is taking the whole day off, so we will be heading to Salina in the a.m...after we pick up the big truck..(which is amazingly comfortable and has cup holders).
Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #161

Good morning..

Will be leaving in a little while..The scale surprised me at 153 this morning..I do think it is the KETO stuff..We will see after the weekend, though..

Hope you all have a great weekend..Will check in after moving Brett in..Of course, it is another 100 degree day..
Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #162

Have fun moving Brett this weekend Carolyn. It will be so nice to have him back closer to home. I wish it wasn't still so hot though.

I've had good luck with regular tomatoes in pots. But in pots you do have to water all the time. When I used to have my huge garden I'd have 88 tomato plants every year and I never watered them at all. My DMIL taught me that. She said if you start watering it makes the roots turn upwards in anticipation and if you don't water it forces them to go deeper in search of the water they need. In 20 years I might've watered those tomatoes maybe 2-3 times in times of severe drought. Now that I only garden in pots, I'm a slave to them, lol. I didn't put any veggies out this year. And I don't really care for the cherry tomatoes. So it's the farmers markets for us this year. Which in a way I'm glad b/c of all this severe heat we've had.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,
Wow, 88 tomato plants is a LOT of tomatoes. Back in Iowa I used to raise a large garden too and canned, and froze things. It was a lot of work but a source of pride and I loved it. Moved to TX and didn't have a place for a garden plus everything I tried to grow here burnt up, although many people here do it and do it well. Hmmm, I love cherry tomatoes.

I know it will be a relief to get the moving over and get to the enjoying Brett nearby stage.

Cindy, do you have a garden plot or do pot gardening?

Hope MK is having a fun time by the shore.

I might take in a movie this afternoon, need to see what all is showing. Also need nails and a pedicure done but I like the movie idea better for today. My nail shop is very busy towards the end of the week and they rush me, I don't like that. I try to go on a Monday or Tuesday.

Hey, our official high yesterday was only 99, we broke our over 100 streak. But, the end of July is already here and we will be back to nicer weather soon.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #164

Hey, do any of you all use Skype? I'm thinking of trying it mainly for when we go out of the states. But I thought I should try it before we get to that point. I don't know anybody who's on it and would have to make sure my kids got it too, but just trying to get input right now.
Thx!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, my kids use it. DD#2 for when her DH travels to work in other states and DD#3 with DSIL's family in Canada. I think it works pretty good for them.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #166

Have you ever used it Buffy? Or seen them using it? I think it would be wonderful for grandparents who lived away from their grandchildren.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #167
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Cindy, do you have a garden plot or do pot gardening?
We have 3/4 of an acre of solid shade, sans a spot on the back deck that I put huge pots on and grow tomatoes and basil.

Quote:
Good morning..

Will be leaving in a little while..The scale surprised me at 153 this morning..I do think it is the KETO stuff..We will see after the weekend, though..

I really think the Keto keeps me in check. It is surprising how much I get away with eating. I feel "warmer". No good in the summer, though!!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

I have used it Sandy but it was a long time ago, I don't have it installed on this computer but it was fairly simple to use if I remember right. It is fun to see the little ones on it.

Off to bed, didn't get much done today but there is always tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #169

Hi ladies...

Phew...made it home safe and sound..Brett had 80 percent of the packing done, so we loaded Friday night and Saturday morning....Of course, it was 100 degrees while unloading, but we had some young men from the church helping us.. Rachel arrived, we went to dinner, etc..Truck is back to its home..

Sandy, I know my motherinlaw didn't water her tomato plants much at all..Dh always says not to overwater, but the pots are so different.. Water, water, water..

I have used Skype in the past..It is fine..Works pretty well..I'm sure they have better cameras now.

Didn't sleep too well last on Ds's fullsize bed..Akk...Too small for both of us and too hot..LOL..I had nowhere else to run to, so I think I got a couple of hours sleep..LOL.

Oh...names for August????
Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 AM   #170
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Hi ladies...

Oh...names for August????
Something with a heat theme! Like "Melting Off The Pounds in Aug"!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Went shopping to the mall yesterday with DF, so did everyone else. Wow, what a mob of people, what else is there to do when it is so darn hot. Kids everywhere, it was like a carnival, I swear. Fun people watching though. And, cheesecake factory was having half price cheesecake so that place was mobbed as well. It was fun, got some stuff returned and got 2 new tops and 3 pairs of earrings. DF got 6 pairs of shoes, great sale but I didn't need shoes. Ended with a run through TJ Maxx where I got a new set of sheets and home to bed. Fun day.

Glad you got Brett moved, great that he had most of it packed up when you got there. You taught him well.

Yes, back in Iowa I hardly ever watered my garden and seldom did it get so hot and dry that I lost everything. Pots are a whole different story.

Going to look for a movie to see today, another cool place to hang out.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #172

Cindy: Sounds great...we need a Melting them for August..

I'll start it tonight.

Buffy: What movie did you see? I heard Captain America was very good..