Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Banter
Stats: 295/275/160
WOE: Barry Groves
New Old Restarter with questions

Hello! I was so happy to see this forum. I've found it hard to find Barry Groves people on line.

I'm new to this forum, and getting up my courage to make another stab at low carb eating. I'm one of those awful people who are very gung ho, lose 5 or 6 pounds the first week, and then allow myself to get derailed by....pressures, job changes, whatever. I've managed to lose 20 pounds over the past year this way, but I want to settle into a Plan, and find Groves's plan most appealing. I have two questions.

First, I am new, but old -- I just turned 60. Are there others here in the same age range? Are there special challenges (besides, possibly, slow rate loss) or health issues that you've faced?

Second, I'm going to have surgery in about a month -- cataracts, the second operation. The first was really very simple. I was, as promised, back at work the next day, but one does have to fast the day of surgery, there's an anaesthetic. I didn't feel quite right for several days. Are there special concerns for surgery for low carb patients? (My doctor would be clueless. He just does eyes.)

Thank you! I've been reading this forum for the past several days and have found lots of wonderful information, and kind people.

p.s. I'm Banter, a salute to the Banting method. I'm a history teacher and love it that low carb has such a long history.
Banter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi Banter..

Several of us are over 60..and weight loss is much slower as you age. But we are glad you are here..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote