Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #181
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Buffy - hope you feel better!

Carolyn - good job!!

I was asked to be on our public library's Foundation Board and I have my first meeting today at 4:30. Should be fun. I the library!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm back and we had a wonderful time! It was very hot the first day but after the storm blew through it was beautiful! And still is here at home too. I think this is the last good day for a while though. Oh well. It is summer, after all.

I know I gained a few pounds. I need to buckle down and try to get them off before my next trip. I've figured out I'm just too social to lose weight. Do they have a pill for that?

I wonder if freezing the shakes would help with the chewing need? I'd like to do that plan for a while but I like to chew too. So I just do it when I can. Which hasn't been very often. I need to plan a trip to a diet spa!! Maybe that would work??

Buffy, so sorry to hear the news about your DB. I agree with Carolyn, maybe a chaplain or a minister could talk to him and maybe give him comfort.

We're going to an engagement party tonight. I've never been to one before but am looking forward to it. More food!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keysgirl
Stats: 118/114/108
WOE: EFGT and Protein Power
Sandy, I haven't tried it yet, but somebody on that thread made a custard/spongey cake with her shakes - using all the ingredients (except ice) and adding a raw egg, then microwaving it for 60 - 70 secs. She said it will continue to set up after you take it out. That and freezing would certainly help with the need for chewing.

I'm not finding it very hard to follow. I can only drink two shakes a day. They're so filling. Then I have a lc meal. I could have another shake before bed, but I haven't wanted one so far.

Something that I've been trying to cut way back on is cheese. The Eades apparently have found that cheese really stalls many of their lc followers. It's so easy to overdo as a snack. I know I'm guilty of this. I would snack on cheese and nuts all day. Just cutting those out has helped.

I do feel like I'm losing inches from my waist and hips! I'm not sure if I'll continue the next phase of the plan, which is two weeks of VLC - mainly meat and eggs (no dairy). I don't know if I can do that, and depending on how much I lose, I may not need to.
keysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #184

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi...

Congratulations on your library board position.. Mary Kay..I love my library..It saves me tons of money from buying books.

Glad you are back, Sandy. Food equals fun in my book..LOL..too...I'm sure the weight will come off soon...My sisterinlaw freezes her Atkins shakes and eats them like ice cream. You have to do it so it is still slushy..She has it timed perfectly.

Keys: You are doing so well...Cheese is extremely easy to overeat for sure..Dr. A. only allowed for 4 ounces a day, but that is 400 calories right there.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #185
Princess Proofreader

I miss cheese!!

The library meeting was great AND we got to tour the inner workings of the library!
So.much.fun!

My "inner geek" is showing!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #186

Hi gals..

I heard a doctor on a Jimmy Moore podcast say that if you took probiotics for 2 weeks, lactose intolerance would disappear..Of course, you still have to continue with the probiotics. I thought of you, Mary Kay. Interesting, huh? Now, you know all the library secrets. Our library has a cat named Trixie..She is very sweet.

Sitting here with hairdye on my head..

Heading to Des Moines on Monday..But I have to go via Lawrence to get some tea at the Brit shop..Plus, I need to be in Des Moines by 3 or so..Just throwing that out...
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning,
Whew, what a week. I guess the stomach bug that I had seems to be going around, I haven't left the house all week but DH talked to several people who have been sick with it or know someone else who was. Only good thing is that I have eaten very little all week.

Carolyn, what's going on in Des Moines and what kind of tea do you like so much you get at the Brit shop? I recently got Moraccan tea that I really like, has spearmint in it. Very good with or without a little honey.

MK, congrats on the library appt. And Carolyn, how neat that your cat has a library, somehow cats just fit in there. Wish my DB could have one or more of his cats in the nursing home, they would be a comfort to him.

Hair cut and color today, it has been at least 2 months and my hair has no shape or style and very little color, have missed 2 appts. Then picking up DGS 11 and maybe take in a movie if he would like.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, glad you had a good time and yes, good times and good food seem to go hand in hand.

Cheese and nuts, very low carb snacks but in very limited quantities or the calories get so high. I have done shakes in the past and it is a good way to limit calories as long as you keep very busy and don't think about sitting down to eat.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #189

Well, normally my WDesMoines friends come to Lawrence..But, two of them have grandbabies now..so they are very busy, so I am driving up there for some R & R..My friend loves Lifeboat Tea..

Stomach bugs are horrible....ewww...

I started on my new regime of thyroid meds..200 synthroid and 12 1/2 cytomel in the am and the other half of cytomel in the p.m. We will see how it goes..
Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #190

Carolyn, Maybe on your way home we could meet for lunch/coffee/??? If you think that will work for you, give me a call or drop me an email and we'll do it!!

Congrats MK on the new position and I like my inner geek sometimes too, lol. I love using my library. I really don't like buying books. Sorry publishers.

I'm going to have a full dog house this weekend. Tomorrow we'll have 4 dogs here!!! Then one will go home and we'll have 3 for the rest of the weekend. Then next weekend we'll have the baby all day Saturday. And probably their dog too. Then Sunday they'll have Bailey with them. They don't know that part yet, hee hee.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #191
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

I heard a doctor on a Jimmy Moore podcast say that if you took probiotics for 2 weeks, lactose intolerance would disappear..Of course, you still have to continue with the probiotics. I thought of you, Mary Kay. Interesting, huh?
I've heard about that. Basically it's eating yogurt!
I can eat yogurt and not have problems, but I'm not sure I believe it can cure everything!

Sandy - 4 dogs??!!

Buffy - Hope you feel better!!

My cut and color was Wednesday! We're on the same schedule!

Today was my Brazilian Blowout.
I have new hair!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #192

Hi gals..

I will probably start late on my way home as that is the day my friend has her granddaughter.. So, we can do it another time..Good grief, Doggy Day Care Center..
Hope they all get along..Yes, you do need to let Bailey have fun visiting, too.

Yes, it does include yogurt, but maybe some extra probiotics, too..Glad you can eat yoggie..

oh..that Brazillian Blowout sounds so dramatic and romantic..
Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #193
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

oh..that Brazillian Blowout sounds so dramatic and romantic..

Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #194

Wowza...That looks great..
Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #195

KCity kitties: Are you getting any flooding from the might Missouri???
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
Well, my sugar free Davinci syrups arrived today. I love shopping on line. You can literally find anything. We have a low carb store in Canada that does much online business and things arrive very quickly. Fabulous. So, today I had coconut flavored coffee with coconut syrup and a bit of almond milk. I was in heaven.
Cals at 1200 today. Ate a bit more in balance and felt better.

Sandy... enjoy your dog house this weekend. I live alone with 2 cats and love them so much. I couldn't imagine my life without pets.

Mary Kay...that is beautiful. Is it a product for frizzies?

Carolyn...all the best on the new meds.

Buffy...enjoy your hair apt. I love a trip to the salon.

Have a wonderful day!

chrissym
chrissym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #197

Carolyn, no flooding here....yet. What hwy do u take to IA? I-29 is closed up north b/c of flooding. I'm not sure exactly where. But if u take I-35 u should be fine.

I love my pup too but I've already told everybody that if anything ever happens to her, I'll never have another pet. We love to travel and I always feel guilty leaving her. And she only goes to family, not a kennel, but I still feel guilty.

MK, we want before and afters of your hair!! Lol.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #198
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I don't have any befores and afters of my hair - but it went from really frizzy to amazing!

Chrissy - basically it takes your hair back to the way it was when you were a child. Really soft and frizz free.

We have a lot of humidity here in the Midwest and my hair does NOT do well.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keysgirl
Stats: 118/114/108
WOE: EFGT and Protein Power
Mary Kay, I just saw a tv segment on the Brazillian blowout, but I wasn't paying close attention. The outcome looked great, but could it be damaging to color-treated hair? Seems like a perm, which I've found I can't get while coloring too. My hair falls out.

Well, ladies, I've lost 4 pds in less than a week! I think it's partly the shakes and also giving up cheese. Getting enough fat probably wasn't my problem - it must've been overall calories. I'm not even following the 6 week cure diet to the letter (it allows cheese in weeks 1 and 2, but I decided to eliminate it as an experiment).

At this rate, I should reach goal in a week or two. Then, I guess I'll stay on a lc maintenance type diet, like most of you seem to be doing.

We'll see though. I find I have a barrier weight of around 113. Haven't been below that in about 5 yrs. Of course, it's an ok weight, but it just annoys me that I can't get below it...like it's a challenge. All my life, until middle age, I was under 110, so I guess it feels like I'm accepting getting old. It may not be possible to get back to my 20s and 30s weight anymore, but darnit, I'm gonna try!
keysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #200

Hi gals..

We all love our furbabies..Cindy does have the biggest furbaby in the shape of a horse.....who has the most furbabies? I have one fat cat..

Sandy: I do take 1-35, but I will end up on 152 crossing over from 70/495. I like to avoid the big city traffic..

Keys: Wow..you are doing so well..Calories can get us down..You are a very tiny little gal.

Hi to everyone else....

Meds are okay so far..no heart palps..
Old 06-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #201
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysgirl View Post
Mary Kay, I just saw a tv segment on the Brazillian blowout, but I wasn't paying close attention. The outcome looked great, but could it be damaging to color-treated hair? Seems like a perm, which I've found I can't get while coloring too. My hair falls out.
I have colored/hi-lighted hair and no problems at all. It just has to be colored first and then have the blowout.

Congrats on the loss!!!

You must be fun-sized like me!
I'm 5' even and before kids was 95lbs.
Now I'm lucky to get to 117!

Quote:

We all love our furbabies..Cindy does have the biggest furbaby in the shape of a horse.....who has the most furbabies? I have one fat cat..

Meds are okay so far..no heart palps..
I only have 2 cats and a dog. But there are 2 Siamese kittens at the shelter that I really want!!

I'm glad the meds are OK!!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #202
Princess Proofreader

Have moved all of the little things out of Mom's apt and into my Family Room.
So 'yay' and 'ugh' all at the same time.

I'm tired and cranky!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #203

What are you going to do with your mom's "little things"? Maybe the kids would want something of hers..you never know...
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #204
Princess Proofreader

They might.
If they were settled I could pass them along - but they're not at that place yet.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #205

Carolyn, were u the one making the chicken on the grill? If not, whoever was, how did they turn out? I feel like I always overcook grilled chicken and I'd love to make some.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #206

Okay..it was me..The recipe on net said to soak the chicken in buttermilk to keep it nice and moist. Well, I didn't do that. What I did..Turn both sides of the grill on..Then put the chicken (you can use a rub if you want) on the hot grill..turning to brown with the lid on. Then...you move all the browned chicken to one side of the grill and turn off the gas. You leave the gas on the other side of the grill..Shut the lid and cook for about 40 minutes. The last few minutes you can put sauce on the chicken and put it on the hot side of the grill to rebrown it..It was very good..I used bone-in chicken breasts, but I cut them in half width wise so the pieces were smaller.

It was good.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #207

Thanks Carolyn, I might try that this week!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #208
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
They might.
If they were settled I could pass them along - but they're not at that place yet.
I see storage in your future!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, you gals have been chatty, I love it.

Finally, finally today I felt normal again. And, I got a lot done, I hadn't hardly gotten anything done for 4 days except feel bad and sleep and watch tv. WAtched a lot of animal shows, I think we all love animals on here don't we?
I have 4 indoor cats and we have 1 outdoor cat that is a beauty, his mom was wild, he was her first kitten, not sure if she had any others, but if so, he was the only one who survived. He is wild but not very wild so although we can't really pet him and pick him up, he comes into the garage to eat and stays around out on the patio all the time. He is a beauty, a tuxedo cat with what looks like a mask over his eyes so I named him Bandit. I had 1 indoor cat named Tinker whom I adopted from a shelter and he was spoiled rotten, then we saved 3 wild kittens and were going to keep them inside until they were a little older and tame, then let them live outside, well, not a one of those 3 have been outside since and they are 2 now. Tinker was none too happy about them coming to live with us, he liked being an only "child" but he tolerates them now. They are Lion, Fluffy and Ashley. Needless to say, we have a pet hair problem but I try to keep after it as well as possible.

MK, even if the kids don't act too interested now in having some of your moms things, I am sure they will want something of hers in the future so try to keep back something that you think each would like. I sure wish I had wanted to keep something of my grandmother's when she passed away but at 12 I didn't think I really wanted any of those dishes, linens, etc.

Sandy, talk about a bed and breakfast, you have a doghouse and biscuit place going on!!!

Tanya, you are doing great and you are certainly "fun-sized" like our MK. I was never fun sized but of course tried to make up for it by "being" lots of fun, haha.

My hair looks and feels much better, I was way overdue. My hair stylist has her hair done with the brazilian blowout, hers was soooo curly before, now it is smooth and straight.

DB about the same, my sister who lives in Iowa saw him yesterday, said he is just barely hanging on.

DS, DDIL and little Ollie, 6 months, are coming up tomorrow evening, they only get to stay for 24 hours but I am so excited to have them come. It will be Ollie's first visit to Mema and Papa's house. They wanted to come up to see DGS 11's baseball game, he adores his Uncle and it will mean so much to him. It is just so hard for them to take the time to come up and they both work quite a bit so time off is very scarce, especially time off together.

Well, time for bed. I did get a lot of sleep this week while I wasn't feeling well and I think I really needed that. I really got run down this past month.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #210
Princess Proofreader

Busy day today!

First DS18's GF's grad party, then Corpus Christi procession with all the priests and bishop, then I'm part of the set-up committee for our priest's going away party . . . .

And there's lots more happening today that I'm opting out of.
Too much "mom stress"!!

Lots or rain here too and the high will only be 70!!

Where is summer now that the cicadas are finally burrowing back into the ground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I see storage in your future!
Definitely! We already have a storage unit with my mom's and DD27's stuff in it. It's time to make some hard choices!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°