Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning
MK, what is it about illness of a dear one that is so exhausting? Even just sitting by their bedside for a day wears you out and when a crisis happens, it really wipes you out. So glad your DH went today to give you a day of rest.

DB is settled in the new nursing home. This is kind of a guy thing but he always took great pride in the vehicle he had, kept it up really well, etc. He had bought a new pickup not long before he went into the hospital last fall and and often talked about how bad he felt that he couldn't see or have the truck and then last week, knowing he could never drive again. So, when they moved him back to the nursing home in his home town, they brought the pickup down and parked it outside his window in the parking lot where he can see it. Also, he really misses his cats and as luck would have it, there is a mama cat with some kittens that is outside his window at this new nursing home. Some things to cheer him up.
Sandy, your great grandbaby is sooo cute, love the pictures on FB.

Kerri, are you a coupon clipper? Have you seen that new show where it shows how much some people can save on their groceries? Only thing, it looks like they buy tons of stuff they don't even need, but if they give it to someone who does or donate it, then that is great for everyone. I used to clip them, or actually, gave the job to one of my kids and then whenever we used one, we gave the savings to them. Now that we are empty nesters we don't buy enough to hardly make it worthwhile.

Carolyn, who can resist cherry pie????? And nobody should, it is just too good! Sounds like you are having a fun time and glad to hear about your trip.

Triplets have been here less than 24 hours, house looks like a tornado swept through and they are busy, busy, busy. At least one if not all 3 are asking questions all the time. The cats are staying pretty well hidden except Fluffy who ventured out for a while last night when just one of them was awake and then Tinker, he doesn't hide but he would also scratch or bite them if they bothered him too much, so I have to keep warning them that although he is in reach they really don't want to push their luck with him.

I am taking them and DGS 11 to Kung Fu Panda this afternoon, then to DD#2 for swimming and hot dogs, hopefully that will have them tired out and ready for bed tonight.

Tanya, how's it going for you? Tell us a little about yourself. I have been to the Keys once, very pretty place to live.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keysgirl
Stats: 118/114/108
WOE: EFGT and Protein Power
Hi All,

Very sorry about the ill family members, but glad they are recovering. Thank goodness you were there for your brother, Buffy.

I'm still losing a little each day, so hopefully, I'll be able to reach my goal weight in a few weeks...if I don't cheat too much. The past few days, I had headaches and felt really tired, which I think may be from cutting my carbs lower than they were previously, but today, I'm feeling better.

I've lived in the Keys for 25+ years, have two children (son, 21, & daughter, 17). I just got remarried in April and we recently bought a house, which we're renovating. It's been a lot of fun, but the moving part I'm not looking forward to. Amazing how much stuff you collect over time!

I own a little resort here, with rental cottages, so I'm in the tourism business, as is my husband, who owns a dive business. I meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world.

Anyway, that's a little about me. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Tanya
keysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

A little bit of rain here, but after our island adventure to Washington Island..There are 600 residents on that island year round..They have a school, a hospital, etc. More come up in the summer of course.

Play tonight is Lumberjacks in Love.LOL..I don't think it is with each other, though..

Oh, kerri..how fun to be down at the Keys in the resort business..Don't tell Sandy..She is our resident beachnut.

MK: I think after heart attacks, people do get rather irritable, etc..Praying for a good resolution and thankful for your great dh.

Buffy.....LOL..I had to laugh at the triplets/kittie adventures at your house.

Sandy's ggds is so darling..

I did better today..only had a tiny bit of Swedish pancake with my eggs/sausage.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #124

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
MK, I hope your mom is doing better today. And you too. It brings back alot of memories for me to hear about her.

Buffy, I'm glad you're brother is someplace that has somebody he knows there. And I'm sure his truck is a comfort to him. Your triplet adventure sounds fun and exhausting, lol.

Kerri, We've considered the Keys many times but have never ended up there. We might have to change that soon!! Carolyn is right, I love the beach!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #125
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Good news!
My mom has been placed in the skilled care facility that I chose with the doctor I wanted!!

They're going to pick her up and move her sometime today.

I know this is the beginning of more drama, but for right now ~

Buffy - how great for your DB!!! Kittens and trucks! Perfect!
I've seen that coupon show - some of those people are scary!!

Carolyn - so WERE the Lumberjacks in love with each other?

Tanya - what a fun job!!! Do you love it? Or get tired of people after a while??

Sandy - do I hear you packing already??

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #126

I could be packing, lol. I always tell DH I could be ready to go anywhere within an hour!! Lol. I am going on a small, girls trip at the beginning of the week. Just to see an OOT friend with a couple other friends. It's only about 3 hours away and sadly, there's no beach. But I think we're going to hang out at the pool if the weather cooperates.

Good news on your mom. I hope she's able to settle in quickly. Hopefully it will be less stress on everybody all the way around.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 06-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #127
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Everyone, ROADTRIP!! We are going down to introduce ourselves to Tanya (Keysgirl)!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
2 of the triplets are up, one is sleeping in as she had trouble getting asleep and was u once in the night and thankfully, the other two didn't wake her up like they did yesterday. DGS 11 is also here, we went to his house to swim yesterday and he also went to the movie with us so after he had baseball practice, he came by to spend the night as well. They are all watching cartoons at the moment so I get a few minutes on the computer. This afternoon I have an appt. for a facial so I get to go relax and DH is taking them to the aquarium and then on home where their other grandma will be waiting. Cats are getting a little braver and passing carefully through the rooms the kids are in but just out of reach of them.

MK, is this nursing home nearer to your house? I hope so for your sake.

Sandy, GF trips are always fun, no matter where you go.

Tanya, are you at the furthest of the keys? I can't remember the order of them now, we went down to where Hemingway's home was and toured that, then did the "crawl" down the street with all the bars. It was fun but I can see where if we had been 25 years younger it would have been a blast, haha. Loved all the chickens running around. Bet you have met a lot of people from all over the world, how interesting.

Well, the little natives are hollering for food so I had better get started cooking their breakfasts and of course, they all want somethng different. Jackson only eats about 4 things ever, Joceyln will eat about anything and Jillian is somewhere in between. Grant has already ordered his 2 scrambled cheesy eggs with 3 pieces of toast, one with PB, one with jelly and one with cinnamon sugar, applesauce on the side. Then the clean up, glad I did all that and had my kids when I was young.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Great idea Cindy!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

You're all welcome to visit. My place is: Dream Bay Resort | Key Largo, Florida Vacation Rentals, Cottages & Houseboat
We're in Key Largo, which is the first island. You were in Key West, Buffy.

I usually love meeting people. It doesn't get tiring. The only time I don't is if they're unhappy guests, which occassionally happens despite our best efforts.

Good news about the nursing home and doctor, Mary Kay!

Well, I've pretty much been living on quiche. It's helping me lose, but I've got to find some new lunch and snack ideas. What do you all normally eat?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #131

Your resort looks so inviting!

Cindy, roadtrip sounds good to me!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #132

Hi ladies..

Last night our play was Making God Laugh, which was an intergenerational play taking a family of emptynesters through the holidays as the kids come home..Very funny, and poignant..Perfect for our "age" peeps, except for our young ones..LOL

Buffy: You are very brave grandma..I'm sure the triplets loved staying with you.

Sandy: Oh....have fun at your girlfriend get together..Up here there are lots of
gal groups shopping, eating, etc...The golfing looks wonderful, if someone golfs..

Kerri: How fun to have such a great resort. Other foods: tuna/chicken/shrimp/crab salad on lettuce, etc..Eggs are very good for weight loss, though.

MK:Thank God you got your mom in the perfect place. Now will she take some of her furniture from her AL place ? We had to take some of Betty's furniture back to the farm..

Cindy: Did I tell you I wanted to change my Westhoid to Synthroid and Cytomel? Well, when I come home, it should all be there..My doctor had to figure out how much of each I had to take..Then we will go from there. I didn't think the Westhroid was doing much, although my numbers were fine..
Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #133
Princess Proofreader

Wow! What a day yesterday!

But Mom is moved into her new place!
And even BETTER news, she has a spot in the Alzheimer Unit starting next Friday!!!!!

Phew.

And it will be a private room again.

Indies later!!!

Oh - and Roadtrip!!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #134

How perfect..Private rooms are the best ever..MKay..

We are going to Lambeau Field in Green Bay today for a tour..What else do you do in Green Bay??? LOL..Maybe have a bratwurst..LOL. On our way to our airport hotel, then to KCity
to see our KC kids tomorrow, then to visit Brett on his Sunday birthday..

Brett didn't get the Koch job..They told him he was a cultural fit for the company, but they
hired someone with lots more experience..They told him to keep applying there..In the meantime he has a second interview at MAC on Monday.

Glad Weiner resigned..
Old 06-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon everyone!

OMG, after my very tiring trip to see my brother, then having the triplets here for 2 days, I slept until noon today! I was beyond tired. The triplets were good and they are fun but I really prefer one on one time, 3 clamoring for your attention at all times is a bit much. DGS 11 did help out too though and they like him a lot. Now I have a few days of peace and quiet to catch up on things and then DGS 3 is going to come spend the night one night next week but that will seem a breeze after having 3 of them.

MK, glad your mom is getting a private room, that is the downside of moving my brother, this room is not private but he is on the list for one. The condition he is in now, it will be ok because he isn't moving around except for physical therapy and sitting in chair or moving back to bed. But, more family is near and my niece was taking 3 of the great grandchildren to see him yesterday. Just wished I were closer so I could pop in 2-3 times a week. It is only 30 minutes from my oldest sister so hopefully she will be able to see him more too.

Tanya, love the looks of your resort, the pictures are beautiful and you must do a great job, the reviews were all good.

I am so behind on movies, what is good that is out now? I feel like having a movie weekend, too hot here now to do much outside.

DD said that Dr. Oz was talking about Konyac root on his show, a fiber to take before meals that really expands and fills you up. She is trying it with WW and feels like it is helping. Hope I spelled that right.

Carolyn, tell your son to hang in there, jobs are sooo hard to find now, I don't think my neice has found anything yet either and she so wants to stay in Dallas.

Cindy, have you mapped out our roadtrip yet? Sounds like Sandy is already packed, LOL.

Well, off to try to get at least a little done with what is left of my day but boy that sleep felt good.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #136
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Glad you got some sleep Buffy!
You had a hectic week too!!!

Part of me wants her to be with someone else for her safety, but I'm sure she'll get a lot more attention in skilled care than she did in assisted living.

So far, I really like the place!!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Does everyone have a busy weekend planned?

Supposed to be 100 again here in the Dallas area so whatever we do, it will not be outside, that's for sure. I am already tired of the heat and it is just June.

My house is still a wreck from the little visitors this week so I think my time will be spent on that and I need to make a grocery store run. Will check out the movies for tomorrow, I am way behind on what is even out there.

MK, glad you are liking your mom's new digs. Depends on the room mate as to whether it is a good thing or not, I guess. I would want at least one place where I could be alone if I wanted. But, when my brother fell in the night, it was a man in the room across the hall who heard him crying out for help, so being alone can be bad too. So far, it sounds like the new nursing home my brother went to is better. I am going to try calling him today and see what he thinks of it so far, if he is up to talking on the phone yet. When I left, he wasn't doing much talking and that had to be face to face.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #138
Junior LCF Member

It's been really hot here. Sweltering.

I'm so discouraged. I'm back up the two pds I'd lost. Not really sure what I did wrong. Maybe it was too much protein with all the quiche?

I'm 118, which doesn't sound like much, but it's a high weight for me - the most I've ever weighed, except when pregnant. I'm 5'4 and very small boned. I need to be around 110 or less, but I just keep gaining!

I kickbox, work out, avoid bread, pasta, rice....now, even nuts and not too many vegetables...I'm running out of things that I "can" eat.

It seems like I do everything right and still gain, which is just depressing. I was reading some of the other threads to try to see what the problem might be....MrBiggs said iced tea caused a stall. I was drinking more tea (Groves suggested tea in NHWL). Maybe that's it?

But, honestly, if my system is so messed up that a few glasses of iced tea will pack on the pds, I'm doomed.

How much heavy cream is ok to have? I put that in my latest quiche, when the first one (when I started losing) had sour cream. Is sour cream better than heavy cream? If so, why?

Other than the tea and more heavy cream (which I thought would be great, since it's fat), I haven't made any major changes.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #139
Princess Proofreader

Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #140
Always on, slightly off

Tanya, iced tea has NEVER caused a stall unless it's sweet tea. It's colored water with a touch of caffeine but if the caffeine is the issue, used decaffeinated tea. You have to take what people say stalls them with a grain of salt. I have seen everything: a spear of asparagus, iceberg lettuce, 2 slices of cucumber. These things do not cause a stall. Too much calorie dense things will, though. I can't really do nuts, butter, peanut butter, pasta, cream.

Carolyn, I think you followed my "elderly cat and rabies vaccine" thread. Pooter is home, has 4 teeth left (they pulled 7!) and is doing well.....$951 later!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 06-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Cindy. I think I'm going to try the 6 week Cure that Eades has written about. I feel like it may be easier right now just to cleanse my liver and have a set number of shakes and one LC meal a day. Less confusing than trying to figure how what the best ratios are for me. Until I lose some weight, it's too discouraging, so maybe that will jumpstart things. Have any of you tried it?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
Hi there. Can I join here? I am new here. Feel like I stumbled on a miracle.
chrissym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #143
Princess Proofreader

Chrissy!

Tanya - relax, it will happen. Sometimes you stall, sometimes you gain a little and then lose more . . . . one day at a time!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #144
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysgirl View Post
Thanks Cindy. I think I'm going to try the 6 week Cure that Eades has written about. I feel like it may be easier right now just to cleanse my liver and have a set number of shakes and one LC meal a day. Less confusing than trying to figure how what the best ratios are for me. Until I lose some weight, it's too discouraging, so maybe that will jumpstart things. Have any of you tried it?
Also, don't get discouraged. I tried 6 different plans until I found one that works but if I tell someone else, they will say, "Oh, I gained weight on that one!". Everyone is different and what works for one is a disaster to the next.Just know that there is a perfect plan for YOU. But you just have to flush it out!

MK, so glad your mom has found a good place. My BF's mom is in a nursing home for Alzheimers. It is so hard. She still wants to go home.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 06-19-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Old 06-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Welcome, Chrissy! I'm a newbie here too.

Well, I started the "6 day cure for the middle aged middle". I don't have the book, but I gleaned enough info from the threads, and already had the Jay Robb whey protein for the shakes, that I think I can do it. At least, I think I'll try the first two weeks of drinking shakes 2 or 3 time a day, then one LC meal. See if can shake things up and start losing.

Mary Kay, you said you couldn't do dairy. Is that because it stalls you or you're allergic?

There seems to be some conflict about dairy, cheese particularly. Atkins says keep it low, but Groves pretty much seems to recommend as much as you want. That kind of threw me off a little. While reading Groves, I added more cheese to my quiches and snacked on some cheese slices, based on his recommendations, but I'm going to try avoiding cheese while on this plan for a few weeks and see if that might help. They don't allow cheese during this first stage.

I also spent the afternoon reading about the hcg diet. My gf, who is very heavy, tried those shots and I think she lost a little weight. I wouldn't get injections but apparently the homeopathic drops work for some. But it looks like that diet counts calories and they must be under 500 per day for quite some time. Anybody tried hcg?

Sorry, I'm kind of all over the place right now, fumbling around trying to figure out what works for me.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #146
Always on, slightly off

Keysgirl, there are a lot here that do the homeopathic HCG here and love it. They have their own thread. I think maybe someone on this thread has tried it. I was too scared of 500 calories a day! I use Jay Robb also. I'm a total convert. Great stuff! As for dairy, I do Almond Breeze more than anything. And Fage yogurt.

Yeah welcome Chrissy! Welcome aboard!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #147
Junior LCF Member

Cindy, do you think Almond Breeze is better to use than heavy cream? The shake for this 6 week cure is supposed to have two tablespoons of cream or coconut milk, or I suppose Almond Breeze would work too. Just wondering if one is less stalling than the other. Some who follow it also recommend putting a raw egg in the shake (which I did this morning - felt like "Rocky"! lol).

I'm only drawn to this shake diet as I've found it's worked for me in the past. But the hcg is interesting. I ordered some, but the 500 cal per day sounds too hard to me as well. Wonder if I can modify it a bit and still have it work? Some on that thread say they are "rogue" and don't follow the plan exactly.

Jay Robb also suggests carb cycling or carb loading, as it's called. There's a really interesting thread on the hcg board about this. Some who stalled found having a heavy carb day accellerated their weight loss. First, they'd gain a couple of pds, but by the third or fourth day afterward, they'd start losing more rapidly than before.

I tried that when I first discovered Jay Robb. His diet is basically to eat LC all day, then have a small portion of "good" carbs in the evening to restore glycogen levels so your body knows it's not starving and will start burning fat faster. It seemed to work a little, but I was always afraid to mess up and get too many carbs.

According to some on that thread, carb cycling works best if it's high carb, low fat. Too much fat with the carbs will mess things up and lead to gains. I didn't know that and was mixing carbs with fat.

It's all so fascinating. My head is spinning!

I'd like to try a carb loading day after I lose some weight. I'm too uncomfortable to risk it now since it might not work and I'd just have more pds to lose.

Chrissy, how long have you been on EFGT?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrissym
Stats: 140/133/120...5'2"
WOE: 1st 5 lbs w/Stillman's rest Stillman's w/HCG
Start Date: July 4, 2011
Thanks for all the welcomes.

I am on day 2.
chrissym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #149
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysgirl View Post

Mary Kay, you said you couldn't do dairy. Is that because it stalls you or you're allergic?

I also spent the afternoon reading about the hcg diet.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I just avoid it as much as I can - though there is a pill I can take if I HAVE to have some!

My hairstylist is doing hcg and she swears you're not even hungry on 500 calories!! she's lost a lot.

My suggestion is try to pick something and stick with it for 6 weeks.
You'll just get frustrated if you try to combine a lot of different plans.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #150

Hi ladies..

Welcome, chrissy..

Got home from vacation..Cat was in good shape..and I cleaned before I left..
which is always a good idea.

Saw Beth and Shawn (dd and her dh) on Saturday, then drove to Salina, spent the night in a Motel 6..$56.00..and saw Brett today, went to church, then out to lunch..I had Prime Rib/veggies..LOL..

I have to tell you about this church..It's a Christian Church (type) and after the singing, etc., the pastor prays, then you break for coffee and donuts and to meet peeps..I am not kidding..Then he continues with the sermon..It lasts only 75 minutes, even witht the coffee break..I had no donuts.

I hate to weigh, but I will in the a.m. and report and read all the posts I missed..Although I must say, Pooter must have very shining teeth..