Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
LCJ
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCJ
Stats: 152.5/144/122
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: 24/05/2011
New starter here...

Hi everyone, i've done Atkins before but stumbled across EFGT on amazon..i'm still waiting for my book to arrive so i've been following the woe from the advice and info on here. I've been using the ****** app to check my percentages and i'm pretty pleased they've been close to spot on for my first 2 days

The only problem is getting my calories up to a decent amount, i've got the week off though and haven't been hungry until i've been up for a few hours, and i've got a really low appetite on this diet, i'm enjoying it though!

Yesterday I had:
Fat: 58%
Protein: 27%
Carbs:15%
Calories: 1044

Today was better at:
Fat: 61%
Protein: 22%
Carbs: 17%
Calories: 1350

Does this look okay so far? I'm not sure how much I want to lose, at least 14lbs, maybe up to 23lbs. Not a huge amount, but it's been so, so hard to lose up to now. I'm 10lbs down from this time last year, pretty slow going but that's been calorie counting on and off. I feel like i'm going to do so much better on this, and no 'spending' calories on junk! I'm not even thinking about calories anymore, I just have what I want and check it at the end of the day just out of interest. I've been having whole milk in my tea, I hope that's alright.
LCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
LCJ
Junior LCF Member

22 reads but no replies, anyone?

Officially smashed through the 'wall' this morning, 141.5lbs, haven't seen that number for a couple of years, thank you Barry Groves!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana2Five
Stats: 238/224/150
WOE: LC/changed to Atkins May 10,2011
Start Date: May, 2011
Did you go from 152 to 140 strictly on EFGT? How long did it take?I started today, but I am AFRAID. I only lost 4 lbs in two weeks following Atkins ..about 10-15 carbs daily. and portion control as well. Seems from this board I am not eating enough fat.

I read your post, but the reason i did not reply is that , I need a EFGT for Dummies course first!;>)
Nana2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCJ View Post
Hi everyone, i've done Atkins before but stumbled across EFGT on amazon..i'm still waiting for my book to arrive so i've been following the woe from the advice and info on here. I've been using the ****** app to check my percentages and i'm pretty pleased they've been close to spot on for my first 2 days

The only problem is getting my calories up to a decent amount, i've got the week off though and haven't been hungry until i've been up for a few hours, and i've got a really low appetite on this diet, i'm enjoying it though!

Yesterday I had:
Fat: 58%
Protein: 27%
Carbs:15%
Calories: 1044

Today was better at:
Fat: 61%
Protein: 22%
Carbs: 17%
Calories: 1350

Does this look okay so far? I'm not sure how much I want to lose, at least 14lbs, maybe up to 23lbs. Not a huge amount, but it's been so, so hard to lose up to now. I'm 10lbs down from this time last year, pretty slow going but that's been calorie counting on and off. I feel like i'm going to do so much better on this, and no 'spending' calories on junk! I'm not even thinking about calories anymore, I just have what I want and check it at the end of the day just out of interest. I've been having whole milk in my tea, I hope that's alright.
Looks good! If you start to stall, just lower the carbs a tad. As long as you're losing, continue on!! LOL

Everyone "tweaks" it a bit to suit their needs. By lowering carbs, upping fat or keeping the calories low.

The most important thing, keep it natural! =) You might want to read "Natural Eating and Weight Loss" too. It's the newest and more updated version of EFGT.
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Five View Post
Did you go from 152 to 140 strictly on EFGT? How long did it take?I started today, but I am AFRAID. I only lost 4 lbs in two weeks following Atkins ..about 10-15 carbs daily. and portion control as well. Seems from this board I am not eating enough fat.

I read your post, but the reason i did not reply is that , I need a EFGT for Dummies course first!;>)
You may have been overdoing it on the protein. If you eat too much, your body will just convert it to glucose anyway. Keep the protein at 3-4 oz per meal, and increase the fats. Once you get used to it, (took me a few weeks) you won't even think about it anymore.

I used to eat lunchmeat, hard-boiled eggs, pickles, string cheese, and stuff. Now I now that those are all low-fat and if I eat them, I have to add fat to it. Like mayo on the lunchmeat, deviled eggs or egg salad instead of hard-boiled. I look for super-fatty cuts of meat and I eat the fat on the meat.

Once you start eating a lot of fat, your appetite goes way down and you will still be just as satisfied with less protein.

HealthyBodyBeautiful

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
LCJ
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Aediekins I haven't been eating anything processed at all, which is a big change for me!

No Nana2five I went from 152 to 144 calorie counting on and off...and it was very slow, so I had a lot of breaks where I got fed up! This is only my third day of EFGT, but I can tell already it's going to suit me better than Atkins. I felt ill a lot on atkins, on all that meat, and my losses weren't very good, not good enough to warrant how sick I felt of meat and cheese!

I'm loving this way of eating, i've been finding loads of recipes to print out, including oopsie rolls, definately going to try them on saturday when my food shopping gets delivered (lacking cream cheese at the moment!).

I think I was eating too much protein on Atkins too, the balance of EFGT seems to suit me so much better. I say don't be afraid, go for it!

Do you know what i'm looking forward to on sunday, roast pork and loads of crackling, yum! (I don't know if you know what that is in the US, sorry - crackling is that crunchy pork skin/fat on top of a pork joint). Think i'll have it with cheesey cauli mash, and some broccoli, and low carb gravy if I can work out how. Mmmm....

Last edited by LCJ; 05-26-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
LCJ
Junior LCF Member

Speaking of making string cheese fattier, I just saw a recipe for string cheese 'breaded' in ground pork rinds, and fried, yum, can't get much fattier than that lol!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I just love eating high-fat. It's so satisfying and very little cravings. That pork sounds great!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

You should start a journal to track your progress Mine is in my signature.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana2Five
Stats: 238/224/150
WOE: LC/changed to Atkins May 10,2011
Start Date: May, 2011
Okay,Aediekins and LCF, I'm gonna switch from Atkins to EFGT. I had 5 strips of bacon for supper. It was So good! Scared but so tired of just eggs and chicken!!!! Thanks. I'll be around to get some help,most likely.
His book is not at Wal-mart. Might see if I can put it on my kindle.
Nana2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
LCJ
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aediekins View Post
Thanks, i've just started one because of your suggestion! I'll put the link in my siggy now

EDIT: don't think I can edit my signature yet, it's here: LCJ's 'eat fat get thin' journal

Last edited by LCJ; 05-29-2011 at 05:07 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 05:55 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
I am going to try this also!!
LCJ..I think this would be a great thread to check our progress!

Last edited by slimlizzie; 05-31-2011 at 05:57 AM..
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarblady
I just added the Eat Fat/Get Thin book onto my Kindle - love having it with me all the time to refer to easily!
locarblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aediekins View Post
Why no mayo?
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote