Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   aMAYzing Weight Loss Challenge.. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/719597-amayzing-weight-loss-challenge.html)

CarolynF 04-30-2011 05:28 PM

aMAYzing Weight Loss Challenge..
 
Here we are..May Day..Did anyone get a May basket??

CindyCRNA 05-01-2011 06:59 AM

No but I woke up and turned the fireplace on! It was 46 this morning! I hope it doesn't drop much more. I have begonias planted and many pots.

CarolynF 05-01-2011 07:01 AM

It is 50 here and I turned the furnace on, too, Cindy. There are peeps here who have their flowers/veggies in..I'm awaiting my patio tomato planter from the UPS man..Then I will get my tomatoes...Any suggestions for "kinds"????

CindyCRNA 05-01-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14607269)
It is 50 here and I turned the furnace on, too, Cindy. There are peeps here who have their flowers/veggies in..I'm awaiting my patio tomato planter from the UPS man..Then I will get my tomatoes...Any suggestions for "kinds"????

I love Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes. Very sweet ad very prolific. Celebrity is another good variety of a med sized red tomato. And Lemon Boy is easy and wonderful. A red tomato, a yellow tomato and a good cherry!:up:

CarolynF 05-01-2011 07:15 AM

Oh..Cindy..I think I will look for Celebrity. I can get good cherry tomatoes at Wallie World and think I only have room for 2 plants..:)

TuscanGirl 05-01-2011 11:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi!
It took me a while to remember it was May!! :doh:

And a friend just dropped off a plate of homemade cookies, truffles and caramels!!!

I'm glad I already weighed!!

Speaking of weighing, I was 121 this morning! :annoyed:

So I guess I'll take that as my May weight.
I was 124.4 last year, so I should count my blessings!

That 119.4 must have been a fluke!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14607269)
It is 50 here and I turned the furnace on, too, Cindy. There are peeps here who have their flowers/veggies in..I'm awaiting my patio tomato planter from the UPS man..Then I will get my tomatoes...Any suggestions for "kinds"????

Where did you get yours from?
I have a Tomato Kit from a gardening catalog and it's fabulous!!
Special fertilizer etc.

Cindy - thanks for the tomato suggestions!
I love cherry tomatoes hot from the sun! I just pop them in my mouth! Yum!!!


Prom pics!

CarolynF 05-01-2011 01:09 PM

Oh..Mary Kay..what a wonderful friend to drop off truffles..I love those pictures of your handsome son..5 pounds down in a year is super, duper..:)

I got my patio kit from plowandhearth. They have a website, but I saw it in the catalog
they sent me..

sjl330 05-01-2011 01:14 PM

Ugh!! I was at 147 Wednesday!!! But today I was 150.4. Bad couple days. So I was up from 147.2 from April 1. Sigh.

MK, love the prom pics!! My DGS18 hasn't shared his yet! I hope he got some good ones too.

When I used to "professionally" garden I always waiting until at least May 10 to put out my tomatoes. And never lost a one to freezing temps. I used to plant 88 plants every year and can them in the summer. That was in my domestic goddess days, lol. I used to have a huge garden every year. Sometimes I miss it but most times I don't. I find going to the farmer's market is very rewarding too. :laugh:

CarolynF 05-01-2011 01:16 PM

Wow..Sandy..You sounded like my motherinlaw on the farm, canning and freezing her green beans. We have a lousy farmer's market here, so I'm trying my own matoes..

CindyCRNA 05-01-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjl330 (Post 14608048)
Ugh!! I was at 147 Wednesday!!! But today I was 150.4. Bad couple days. So I was up from 147.2 from April 1. Sigh.

MK, love the prom pics!! My DGS18 hasn't shared his yet! I hope he got some good ones too.

When I used to "professionally" garden I always waiting until at least May 10 to put out my tomatoes. And never lost a one to freezing temps. I used to plant 88 plants every year and can them in the summer. That was in my domestic goddess days, lol. I used to have a huge garden every year. Sometimes I miss it but most times I don't. I find going to the farmer's market is very rewarding too. :laugh:

Sandy, which Farmer's Market do you go to?

sjl330 05-01-2011 03:58 PM

Cindy, usually OP, but sometimes on weekends we go downtown or to Shawnee or Merriam. Mostly OP though. I like going on Wed. mornings when I can work it in.

Did you get my PM? I was having big problems with this site that day so just wanted to check to see if it went through.

We're supposed to get frost tonight!! Ugh!! I want yesterday back.

CarolynF 05-01-2011 05:44 PM

Yikes..frost??? Gary's aunt said it was cold up there when she called.

TuscanGirl 05-01-2011 07:44 PM

I never plant until Mother's Day. This year that might not be late enough.
Brrrrr

Cold and rainy (again) tonight!

Aediekins 05-01-2011 11:28 PM

I usually plant in April. Our frosts are long-gone by then. One year I planted in March, luckily it stayed warm. If I plant earlier, I get to harvest earlier =) My tomato plants get so darn big they are as tall as I am!

But we also get the dreaded hornworm here- ugh!!! I bought some new organic, all-natural spray, hopefully that will help- those things terrify me!!! Last year hubby was pulling off some the size of his finger- GAG!!!

I'm not a fan of cherry tomatoes (I hate they way they "pop" when I eat them, LOL) but I agree at least one red and one yellow. The yellow ones are sooo sweet and flavorful!

This year I planted 5 types. They are all organic and non-gmo so some of them had weird names. "Mortgage Lifter" is one of them.

I'm calling my start weight 164.5 for May.

Aediekins 05-01-2011 11:29 PM

Congrats Cindy- you are so close to goal!! aMAYzing!!!

TuscanGirl 05-02-2011 04:26 AM

Morning!
Starting out to be a pretty day - fingers crossed!

CindyCRNA 05-02-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuscanGirl (Post 14608931)
I never plant until Mother's Day. This year that might not be late enough.
Brrrrr

Cold and rainy (again) tonight!

Yeah, I planted a week ago and it got to 38 last night so I need to go outside and do a welfare check!

CarolynF 05-02-2011 10:50 AM

LOL..Cindy...on the welfare check..Maybe you can throw some plastic over your baby plants to keep them warm at night..

Had some coffee with some Newcomers..Then went to the chiro to straighten me up.
I feel so much better...Then to Wallies..

Dh is gone this week..so meals are easy peasey.

Was still 152 this morning..and I ate 8 taco chips yesterday with lunch.

CindyCRNA 05-02-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjl330 (Post 14608469)
Cindy, usually OP, but sometimes on weekends we go downtown or to Shawnee or Merriam. Mostly OP though. I like going on Wed. mornings when I can work it in.

Did you get my PM? I was having big problems with this site that day so just wanted to check to see if it went through.

We're supposed to get frost tonight!! Ugh!! I want yesterday back.

We will have to meet there some Wed.!!

CindyCRNA 05-02-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14610744)
LOL..Cindy...on the welfare check..Maybe you can throw some plastic over your baby plants to keep them warm at night..

Had some coffee with some Newcomers..Then went to the chiro to straighten me up.
I feel so much better...Then to Wallies..

Dh is gone this week..so meals are easy peasey.

Was still 152 this morning..and I ate 8 taco chips yesterday with lunch.

Yes, and to make matters worse, I bought 2 huge ferns that don't like it below 50! They are in a pot though and I'm going to bring them in tonight. All the other plants are fine. I don't think it got to 38 here. Here are the begoinas lining the 2 beds by the street:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...ing2011002.jpg

CindyCRNA 05-02-2011 03:06 PM

Here are the ferns in the back pots with pink geraniums in the front:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...ing2011001.jpg

CarolynF 05-02-2011 03:29 PM

You have such beautiful plants, Cindy..Love them all.

sjl330 05-02-2011 03:32 PM

Yes very pretty Cindy. And yes, we'll have to meet at the mkt. sometime. That sounds great!

TuscanGirl 05-03-2011 04:27 AM

So pretty Cindy!!!

My mom was supposed to have been released from the hospital yesterday - and then wasn't! :annoyed:

Trying again today!

CindyCRNA 05-03-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuscanGirl (Post 14612775)
So pretty Cindy!!!

My mom was supposed to have been released from the hospital yesterday - and then wasn't! :annoyed:

Trying again today!

Oh, I'm sorry. Was there a reason?

CarolynF 05-03-2011 09:18 AM

Hi gals..

Oh, Mary Kay..I hope your mom is okay. It's better than they let her stay in there if they have a concern then ship her back to the AL..Older peeps take longer to heal.

I'm getting my tomatoes on Thursday and my porch flowers at a wonderful nursery near us..:)

Exercised, then have Bible Study. Went to Wallie and they were out of the Just Dance 2 for Wii..Might call them..it was supposed to be in yesterday afternoon..:)

TuscanGirl 05-03-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCRNA (Post 14613034)
Oh, I'm sorry. Was there a reason?

No clue!
Maybe the doc was playing golf??!!
:rolleyes:

It is so cold here!
41 right now!

I want to buy plants on Friday, but I'm afraid they'll freeze!
It's warmer in CO than it is here! :annoyed:

Mom is at her AL home now - and they say doing fine!

CarolynF 05-03-2011 08:08 PM

I would wait to put your plants in...Mother's Day is supposed to be the perfect time, because it is the perfect holiday..LOL.

Glad your mom is back to her AL home.

TuscanGirl 05-04-2011 04:28 AM

Morning!

It's supposed to be warmer today!
Fingers crossed!

CarolynF 05-04-2011 10:24 AM

It is warmer today..Perfect 70 degree day. Monday we hit the 90's..Welcome to KS.

I was still 152 this morning..:) I am happy with that, but would love to hit 150 sometime.

My dd is working graduations at UMKC..keeping kids in line, parents out of the aisles, etc..

Anyone have special Mother's Day plans???


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 PM.