Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
My son just called me and he works with a guy who's DD is MIA in Joplin. Her mother talked to her right before the storm hit and told her to keep an eye on the weather. Now they can't find her, or either of the 2 friends who were with her. So sad. I'm sure we're going to hear lots of very sad stories out of this storm. Just imagine if it would've hit in the middle of the night instead of at 6:00.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #152
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning gals.
Wow, that tornado that hit Joplin was soooo devastating, I have been glued to the tv and more stores emerging by the hour and yes, I am afraid the death toll will keep rising, this is not the worst year of tornados yet but the way it is going I am afraid it might top the list. They said last night that up to 200 tornados could break out today thru the Plains states, keep your eyes on the weather everyone. No basements here so not much place to go in a direct hit.

Finally going to be home for a few days so I can catch up on "stuff" and get caught up on rest. And, we have a new rail system in Dallas that keeps reaching further and further out into the burbs, it is scheduled to open near us on June 20th but for now it is about 12 miles away. DD#2 and the 2 little ones are riding it out to our house on Thurs. and DGS 2 (will be 3 on Sat.) is going to spend the night, then DD and Ava will ride out again to pick him up, and while here we will go to Kid's Castle, a very nice playground near here. Have to think of something fun to do with Bobby on Thurs. evening. Last night I picked up DGS 11 after school, took him to get his allergy shot, then let him pick a place for dinner and stayed at home with him until his mom got home. So funny, he wanted to go to Buffet Palace so of course Mema took him there, he thinks it is great b/c it is a big buffet place but to be honest the food was sooo bad, of course I told him I loved it and did suggest that there were lots more Asian places we should try, LOL. He was so pleased to take me somewhere I hadn't been, haha.

I have been eating out so much that I am ready to eat at home and control the food I eat a little better, love eating out but you even get tired of that sometimes.

Wow, everyone else has been super busy too, we are a busy bunch of ladies, are we not????

MK, glad your kitty wasn't far from home. Our outdoor cat Bandit roams sometimes but honestly, for a Tom, we are surprised he sticks as close to home as he does. If we ever can get our hands on him, he will be taken in to be fixed as I am sure there are a lot of little black and white kittens around but so far, he is just wild enough he won't let us get our hands on him, the one time I did, it was late at night and I didn't have enough hands to get the carrier open and him in it. Funny, he didn't try to scratch or bite me but was just so amazed to be touched by a human and could not wait to get away from me, now he watched me ever so closely.

Need to go look for a new crockpot for DS and DDIL, since she went back to work they are using theirs a lot and I swear it is from the early days of crockpots, I promised them a new one with a timer, etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,
Hope everyone got through all the storms last night without any damage, wow, there were some bad ones around. Some touched down near us and poor Oklahoma was getting hit hard. We just got rain thankfully although our sirens went off once.

Going to be home again today, more catching up. Felt good to be at home for once and work on things around here. Got the refrigerator emptied out of all things that needed to go in the trash as today was trash day but now need to get in and wash it all down. Laundry today and office work.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #155

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals.

Phew..we made it through another night of scarey weather..Hope today is calmer for everyone. I saw the Dallas news and poor OK is right..El Reno or something like that..
So sad.

Brett has a phone interview at 4 with Morton Salt in Hutchinson.. Light the candles, please.

A man from our church is going over to search in ponds for people/cars, etc..So sad..

Doing laundry..Had my bloodwork done this morning..Dh leaves for Germany on Friday..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #156
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
No damage here but the sirens are going off now!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #157

Now??? Be safe.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #158

Today is my baby's 40th birthday!! I have no idea where the time has gone? We're supposed to all go out for Mexican dinner tonight. I hope the weather cooperates.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, I know, it is just something you never think will happen, your own children reaching middle age, my oldest is nearing 50, talking about how she could retire at 55, can't even think that one of my "kids" is talking in terms or retirement, pensions, etc.

Happy Birthday to him, Cindy, hope all was well with your storms and prayers for Brett.

Did they ever find that young man from Joplin that was ejected through the sunroof of the H3 hummer his dad was driving? He had just graduated from high school 30 minutes before the storm hit. His mother and sister were on tv, saying that someone said his name had been on a list at the hospital but that he had been transferred and they didn't know where he was or what condition he was in. So so sad for all of those poor victims and their families.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #160

IDK if they found that kid. I read about him today. They did find the car that my son's friend's daughter was in at Home Depot but they still haven't found her or either of her friends.

We had a very nice birthday dinner and pineapple upside down cake and ice cream here at home for dessert. The new baby is now turning over from his tummy to his back so that was our entertainment for the evening. A couple margaritas and watching him perform are you need to keep you occupied.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #161

Hi..

I think the weather has moved east..Dd went to the basement of the Bloch School during the tornado warning in KCity..Glad everyone is safe..

So many tragedies..The young man and his 2 little girls were found in the entrance of
Home Depot..

You are too young to have a 40 year old, Sandy...Glad you had fun..I know you make a mean pineapple upside down cake.. Babies are fun to watch. I love to sit in back of
our youth pastor's little guy in church..

Brett had a good Morton Salt interview and he has another phone interview with Koch tomorrow..Cross fingers... Light candles...Pray for wisdom..thanks.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #162
Princess Proofreader

Gee, it's raining here this morning . . .
We missed the tornadoes last night, but sent them East!

DS18 is coming home tonight! Though I wouldn't know it from him. He hasn't contacted us once the whole week! His GF has called her mom every night, so I asked her mom to have her make sure he's still alive!

Insanity this morning, then errands and a massage!!

So sorry about the dad and little girls .. .

I think I know people at Koch. My oldest DD's Godfather and my DH's cousin work there . . . I think!

Glad everyone is safe! And no - kids aren't supposed to be 40 ~ are they?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #163

Hi gals..

Well, I have been experimenting with taking my thyroid pills all at once..instead of splitting them up during the day..Gained a few pounds, so I know that was a mistake.
Back to my normal way..

Mr. Sun is out here..how nice.

MK: Boy children don't call as much as girl children.. Glad he has a gfriend to intercept for him.

Dh is leaving tomorrow..

I got some earplugs to see if this will help with the snoring..I am not sure I have the hang of putting them in yet.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello dear friends,

Carolyn, sounds like it makes quite a difference when you take your thyroid and you have figured it out.

No, boy children do not stay in as close of touch as girls but they remain our boys anyway.

If I can get to sleep without concentrating on the snoring I am ok, but once I zero in on it it becomes a roaring elephant in the room, LOL. Then I get so frustrated with hearing it I have to get up and roam the house or hunker down on the internet before I can go back in and try to sleep. He doesn't feel it's a problem?????

Do they have a realistic count yet of how many are missing in Joplin? Our paper didn't carry much news on it today, how quickly they move on if it is not in the immediate region.

I am going to meet DD#2 and the two little ones at a new place called "Going Bonkers", should be a very fun place for them, don't you think? Then bring little Bobby home to spend the night with us and our kitties, who he can never get his hands on although he tries and tries to catch them. If they hear a child come in the house it is like greased lightning as they all run to hide. His dad is picking him up tomorrow to go to the lake.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #165

Buffy, right now it is 125 found dead and still a bunch missing. The WalMart ear plugs might work, but I ordered another kind on the net..Will let you know if they work..

Have fun at "Going Bonkers"..LOL..Maybe you need earplugs for that..
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #166
Princess Proofreader

So - I was offered a job in the HS office . . . . pros and cons?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #167

Oh......full time? Will that cramp your fun filled life?? That would be the only drawback for me..No lunch dates/no exercising/and you have your mom to be concerned about.

If it was a part time thing, then maybe..
Old 05-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #168
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Oh......full time? Will that cramp your fun filled life?? That would be the only drawback for me..No lunch dates/no exercising/and you have your mom to be concerned about.

If it was a part time thing, then maybe..
Yeah - I know.
It's full-time/school-time.
So probably 7-3:30, with Christmas and other breaks off, as well as a month in the summer . . . .

But I'd have to really change my life around . . . .
Old 05-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #169

I'm sure it is not tons of $$$..School jobs don't pay that well, at least here. Is it worth it?
...and if your mom had emergencies, etc., what would you do?? That's just my opinion..
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #170

I wouldn't do it MK. Your last fledgling has just left the nest, (kinda) and you've got a very full, busy life. Do you really want to give up that freedom now?

I worked for the schools for a few years and I got to where as soon as I was "out" for the summer I started being depressed b/c I only had X amount of days left before I had to go back. So I quit that job when we moved and never regretted it. Yet. Just think looooong and harrrrrrd about it.

Prayers, candles etc for Brett!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 05-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #171

I'm voting with Sandy..Enjoy yourself..You can always go back to work if you are really, really, really bored later on. Plus, some high school kids aren't that nice..(I've heard).

Koch interview went okay, he said..He will hear if they want a person to person in a couple of weeks..Thanks for all the candles and prayers..I really mean it..I believe God
will guide him to the right job..

My NH friend, Barb called..She had to give her kitty up. She is on disability and the food/litter was getting too much for her little budget. Plus, her kitty would run down stairs when she opened the door, so she would have to hobble down and get her and bring her back to her apartment. Praying for a good home for Alice..
Old 05-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #172
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
However, MK, summer and all holidays off kinda is less than full time, if you think about it.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Pros and Cons? Hmmm, can't think of any pros, LOL.

My suggestion would be to give it a year or so after the last chick has flown the nest, then if you want, look for a part time job. I think you will really enjoy this time and after all these years of being so busy, you can stop and smell a rose or two. You will stil be very busy with your kids coming and going and if you aren't working, you will be free to go to see them if things come up and you will be free for your mom and all the other things you enjoy doing. If you want to travel, you will be free. I only work about 1 full day a week anymore in our office and never seem to have enough time, you fill those hours easily.

If you were new to a community, then maybe as it can be a good way to get out and meet people but you already have that network of friends.

I still can't think of any pros, LOL.

Let us know what you decide though, and how flattering that they asked you to come work for them, that alone makes you feel great!

Bobby is here, we had such a fun day yesterday at Going Bonkers, then home to play here. He was so good, just got up a little while ago and finally one of our kitties let him pet him, they all had just run and hid from him before, he was so pleased. Now, he is waiting for pancakes and syrup so I had better get it fixed for him.

Oh, another con MK, one of these days little grandchildren will start showing up and you will want to be free to spend time with them.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #174

Hi ladies..

LOLOL..Buffy, you made my day..can't think of any pros..LOL..But, it is up to MKay of course..Is Cindy vote yes? or 1/2 of a yes?? I would hate to give up my freedom if I didn't have to..

AKK....get this fat off me, please..I was 155 this morning..Only one day back on my split pills..Dh left for Germany today, so I'll try to be really good this week while he is gone and get back to 152..

I love Bobby stories and how he loves your kitties..Glad one of them sacrificed himself for a little loving.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #175

I ditto exactly what Buffy said. But yes, it is your decision MK. Think it through, I'm sure whatever you decide will be good for you.

Carolyn, I'm struggling this month too. I just have been enjoying all the celebrations a little too much.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #176

May is a month of celebration, isn't it??
Old 05-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #177
Princess Proofreader

Thanks all!!

I love the honesty I get here!

I don't think I'll take it ~ but I'm flattered to be asked!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #178

You should be flattered..School jobs are for special people..
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #179
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
You should be flattered..School jobs are for special people..
Old 05-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #180
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I went to the friend's daughter's bday party last night. It was fun to catch up! Though we ended up with "adults" in one room and the "kids" (those around age 25 ) in another!

The adult ladies decided to see Bridesmaids this afternoon.
I'm starting to realize why I never get anything done around here!
i'm never home!

What's everyone up to?

Sandy - did I miss it - did the daughter and friends in Joplin ever show up?