Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Well, the rest of my week's plan just changed. They want Dad to stay with me a few days. The Dr. had originally said he could go home alone but.....I guess he changed his mind. I only had to cancel 1 thing so far and will play it by ear for the Thursday events. I think they mostly want him to have help with dressing and eating, etc. And he can't lift laundry baskets for 30 days. Hmmmm, I wonder who'll do his laundry. Hahaha. One good thing, he's NOT a complainer so that's good.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #92

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi,

Chelsie: I can speak for myself as I ballpark things....Fruit can be a problem, but you are young and may be able to eat the sweeter fruits..I generally stick to berries and maybe some melon from time to time..

Buffy: I hope they figure out your lump problem....grumble..

Sandy: You are sweet to take your Dad in..I'm sure he will appreciate all you do for him. You are the "good" daughter.. and laundress, I'm sure.

Dh left for NH..I am making a meal for a family with a new baby. I made some brownies, packed most of them up, and threw the rest away. I'm proud of myself.
They were the crunchy corners..

MKay: I think I have read some of Susan's Pecan TX books..I think there were very good..

I took Jane Eyre out of the library..(she didn't mind), and want to start it.

Last edited by CarolynF; 04-12-2011 at 01:46 PM..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #93
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

I took Jane Eyre out of the library..(she didn't mind), and want to start it.

Too cute!!

Buffy - I hope the docs figure it out for you!

Sandy - you're such a good daughter!!

Chelsie - How's it going?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning,
Good for you Carolyn, it may have been a while since Jane had been "out" of the library and heavens, she deserves it. LOL. Ohhhh, the crunchy corners, them are the best part, or equally as good as the soft moist center, and oh, the smell, don't get me started thinking of brownies, haha.

DD called me late yesterday afternoon and asked if I wanted to go to a band judging contest that DGS was doing at 6:30, so I was happy I could and then we went to have dinner afterward. He plays the tuba and did quite well and we had a great time over dinner. The older it gets, the less I have him at my house and both he and I miss that, he is just getting into that age where he is super busy, plus can be home by himself for short periods during the day, so he just isn't here as much.

Sandy, bless your heart, you are such a good daughter and thank heavens your dad has you to turn to.

Chelsie, tell us a little about yourself, do you have kids, DH, what do you do, etc. I live in the Dallas, TX area, with grown kids, grandkids I adore and am semi-retired, what work I do, I do in our home office.

MK, stop by when you aren't running so fast, LOL.

Plan to be home all day today, have laundry and office, my usual at home day. Tonight is dinner club with my 8 gal pals, we are doing Johnny Carinos.

Talked to DS last night, 4 month old Oliver is adjusting to Mommy going back to work, and he stays with his other Grandma 3 days a week and I know she will be great with him, she is a wonderful lady. His mommy went back part time so she has him 3 days a week and then DS keeps him on Wednesdays so he always has someone who loves him keeping him for which I am so thankful.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #95

Hi ladies..

Exercised..did some errands, bought my McDonald's iced coffee/light on the sF vanilla/
whipped cream added..Very good in case you have a McD's near you..

Buffy: Those memories with your dgs will be entrenched in him forever...even though
he is growing up..Little Oliver is very lucky to have Grandmas available for loving care.

Sandy: How is your dad?

MK: Are you still spinning??? I do think cardio is the key to fat burning..I'm not so great at it, but I have been running on the deck..LOL..

Dh is in Manchester, NH..SWest took him from KCity to Milwaukee to Baltimore to
Manchester..LOL..It was the cheapest way..

Hi to Chelsie and Cindy..

Cindy: I'm still taking my 7 Keto..once a day..How are you doing on it?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
Morning everyone. Up 1.5 lbs this morning =/ I find myself eating more, trying to balance the percentages. Hopefully the book should be arriving today, hopefully that will help me. I am just going to low-carb today and not worry about percentages. But I will make sure to go easy on the protein.
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #97

Hi..

Chelsie: Now in Barry's book he talks about 2,000 calories a day..However, that might have worked for him and his wife as they are in England and are very active people.
It didn't work for me..My losing calories are about 1200.. I do think just watching the
protein is a very doable plan, and don't sweat the fat.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #98
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Cindy: I'm still taking my 7 Keto..once a day..How are you doing on it?
I am taking it twice a day and I am down 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm watching my intake but not enough to drop 4 pounds. It is the only thing I changed so.....hummmm. A supplement that actually delivers?? How about you?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #99

Cindy: I'm being good, but had some taco chip problems on the weekend..I should be able to tell by the end of the week..I'm only taking one..

Good for you.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #100
Princess Proofreader

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy- your daughter is very lucky to have family to help with the childcare! I didn't have that option, so I stayed home, which I am grateful for too!! About me, I'm in Southern California, 33 yrs, married w/2 kids and a dog =) I work part-time from home writing a Mexican food site and I have a cookbook out too. I also am a Girl Scout leader and team mom for son's T-ball. I volunteer at my DD's school as well as my DS's preschool. Next year I'll be on the PTA board. My hubby and I love to have a glass of wine and play darts. We play darts 3-4 times a week, and have tournaments on the weekends with eachother- LOL!

Carolyn- Does your DH travel for work? I was at 2300 calories yesterday! Yikes! I am definitely going to keep it at around 1500 or less from now on.

CindyCRNA - what is the Keto7?

Sandy- how's your dad doing?

I've been good today, hopefully that 1.5 lbs will drop off!!! I got my book today, so I will start reading it tonight!

HealthyBodyBeautiful

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)

Last edited by Aediekins; 04-13-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Quick run by as I have to get ready and go back to the Dr. on my eye problem. Then, going to DD#2 so see my little Bobby and little Ava, then after they go down for their naps, DD and I are going to lunch, then a couple of stops and grocery shopping on the way home.
Hello everybody!!!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Chelsie, for telling us about your family. Nice to get to know you better
Old 04-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #104

My dad is doing pretty good. He's still staying here with me until Friday. Then he'll go to my brothers and then home by himself. Thanks for asking.

Cindy, that's great news! Sounds like a winner. I guess I should look for it.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #105

Hi ladies..

Crazy day..Exercise, Christian Women's Club meeting, then drive 30 miles to get our
taxes from the accountant. Don't owe too much, so that is a good thing.. Now that we have "farm income"...(LOL).

Chelsie: You are a very busy mom..We all love Mexican food here..LOL.. Have you tried any of Linda Sue's Mexican recipes???

Sandy: Glad your dad is doing well..I'm sure he will be fine by the time he gets home.

The brand is 7-Keto DHEA..It comes in 100 and 25 strength..Cindy takes 2 100 ones
and I take only one. I think it is testosterone..or something like that.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #106
Princess Proofreader

Old 04-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #107

storms heading up from OK..Looks like KCity is on its path, too.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #108
Always on, slightly off

Chelsie and Carolyn, I did a Google search to post some info about 7-Keto DHEA and practically every site was trying to sell it (so couldn't post the link) however, I found this interesting. One site, and I only found 1 site, said that 7-Keto worked by increasing T-3 levels. Both Carolyn and I are on thyroid so I thought, maybe need to watch T-3 levels but I am taking 100mg with breakfast and 100mg with lunch (this is the dose they did studies on). It says to take with food and not late in the day or it could keep you up.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me fox hunting 3/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 04-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #109
Princess Proofreader

Keep talking about it!!
When I get back from Easter, I'll have time to look around here and see if I can find it!
Did you both buy locally on on-line?

Carolyn - could you hop over to the 'New to EFGT' thread and offer some encouragement?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Sounds like there were lots of storms around last night, we didn't get anything but wind here. But, hail and rain and wind all around.

DH's 70th birthday is today, how on earth have we gotten so old? Amazing. He is going to celebrate at his club this afternoon with his buddies and tomorrow night we are going out for a nice dinner.

I have a beauty of a purple black eye this morning from the injections under my eye, into the lump/bump of yesterday. Still about 50% of it is there and I have to go back next Thursday. Doesn't seem like it is working to me like it should but I have to let them finish before I check anything else it seems.

Fun seeing the 2 little ones yesterday, the baby is starting to talk and says just a few words, her plainest one is her nanny's name whom she loves. Bobby always wants to know where my kitties are, he loves our cats. One time I took one of them to his house when it was little so he always thinks I might be bringing one of them to visit. They are in swimming lessons this week, they have a pool so have had both of the kids in the pool from the time they were just a few weeks old and they both are learning to be great swimmers. Ava, the 1 year old has "no fear" so it is good that she is learning the survival swimming.

Better get to work, it just sits there waiting on me.....
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #111

Hi ladies..

All day volunteering at the Inge Festival..Lots of New York theater peeps here looking just like the rest of us..LOL..William Inge was born in Independence so they have a big deal at the Jr. College to honor a playwright for that year..Marsha Norman is honored..I don't know who she is..LOL..Dd is here, so that is nice to see her..

I think netrition is the cheapest place to get 7-Keto DHEA..60 tabs for around $18 or so.
My hfstore was $20 for 30 tabs..I don't feel all geared up with this..Hopefully, it will
help me in the weight loss department.

Thanks, MK for the headsup..

Oh...talking babies are the best. Does Bobby have a "kitteh" of his own??? Merry Christmas..LOl..

Dh will be getting home really late tonight..
Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

My daughter has had 2 sleepovers at our house in a row... last night with 2 friends. I'm exhausted! LOL!

I am about 1/2 way finished with the book. I am still struggling with the carbs. Yesterday I had a fresh mandarin orange (teeny-tiny little thing) with some heavy cream after dinner and within an hour I was going nuts with cravings. I had a glass of red wine and some meat and cheese which helped take the edge off, but it was a struggle. I will stick to berries, they don't seem to cause anything. I'll save the oranges for an eventual cheat day.

One of my big problems is night snacking, so that may have been the issue too.,.. the little burst of sugars was probably triggering that night eating. And of course, eating the cheese and lunchmeat at 9pm kept the scale from moving. Stalled again this morning =/

So today, new experiment- I ate a good, fatty breakfast (2 eggs fried in butter w/ 2 pieces of bacon.) PLUS I had 1/4 of a bagel with cream cheese (about 13 carbs) so I'm thinking maybe the carbs in the morning and afternoon might be better. And then keep it fatty and super low-carb for dinner, with the carbs coming from veggies.

It's like a puzzle, lol!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #113
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
DH's 70th birthday is today, how on earth have we gotten so old?
Buffy, tell your husband President Lincoln was assassinated and the Titanic sunk today also. It is also my 49th birthday and the last one I am going to acknowledge!!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #114
Princess Proofreader

Cindy!!

Carolyn - thanks for the info!!

Buffy - you'll never be old!

Chelsie - you'll find your trigger foods too. Then avoid them like the plague!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Today

7% Carbs
12% Protein
79% Fat

1850 calories

I didn't enter in my food until after I was done eating... so I didn't do to bad just guessing percentage-wise.

The calories are a bit high, but I really didn't feel like I ate badly. For breakfast I had 2 fried eggs and 2 pieces of bacon and 1/4 of a raisin bagel. Lunch was a piece of cheddarwurst- wasn't very hungry. Dinner was a homemade cheeseburger on a one-minute-muffin style bun. That's it. No dessert, no fruit. 1200 of those calories are on the burger alone! Craziness.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Cindy! Those are 2 pertty bad things to have happen on your birthday,

Chelsie, Oh, the days of having kids underfoot, distant memories for me, but I remember those sleepless sleepovers, Sounds like you are doing good on your food intake to me, and yes, LC can get very calorie dense with the meats, cheese, etc.

Carolyn, DSIL is allergic to cats so DGS has to enjoy Mema's cats at her house. The day I took the kitty over to see him, DSIL was out of town.

Do any of you know what it is you take to make mosquitoes leave you alone? Is it garlic? DGS just gets eaten alive by them and then gets big welts, poor little thing. I seem to remember that their is something you can take that makes them not be so attracted to you.

Hi MK and Sandy. Sandy, has Dad gone back to his house yet? And MK, are you spinning, walking or weeding?

Going to a great restaurant for dinner tonight for DH's birthday, it is where we went for our anniversary and the food was sooo good. Have to stay hungry all day to save room for the great food.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #117

Hi..

Happy birthday, Cindy..You young thing, you.. May your kittehs be good to you all day long..

Chelsie: It is the type of carbs that can de-rail you sometimes..(been there, done that).
So, if you can avoid grains (bagel) and sweet fruit, you might find you lose quicker.
1200 calories for a burger??? LOL..

Yes, I remember sleepless sleepovers..My rule was that at midnight, if the boys weren't
asleep, we separated them 2 by 2 and then they went to sleep..

Oh..one man told me he wears that little mosquito detractor on his belt..It's like a little
fan thing and it really worked. I don't know how a little one would handle it. How about
Skin So Soft from Avon???

Dh got home at 3 a.m. and slept in..So tired..Tonight is the Tribute to Marsha Norman.
She is 62 and wrote The Color Purple..the musical rendition..And her famous play was
'Night Mother..I think it was about suicide..Honestly, plays about drugs, suicides, murders, child endangerment are not uplifting..

Old 04-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy, My mom used to slather us with oil of olay lotion. They don't like the smell of it.

Carolyn, I agree... I know that stuff is out there, but I don't like to watch stuff like that either.

Planting our summer garden today... lots of low-carb goodness! Tomatoes, chiles, peppers, chives, yellow squash, zucchini, basil, lettuce, cilantro and mint. I could live on tomatoes! I can eat them right off the bush, with a little salt or some olive oil... I will miss tomato and mayo sammiches though. I might have to splurge once in a while and have one anyways. Maybe I can find a decent low-carb bread for it. I don't usually like to buy pre-made low carb frankenfoods, but for a tomato sammich, I just might!!

Last edited by Aediekins; 04-16-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Old 04-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #119

I think it's B6 vitamins for mosquitos Buffy. I know it's one of the B's anyway. And skin so soft works good too but DH hates the smell. Also a Bounce dryer sheet tied onto a belt loop works really well. I'm one of those peeps that bugs of all kinds love, so I've tried everything. I really think the bounce works as well as any of them.

So Cindy, you finally caught up with me!! Lololol. Happy birthday my friend. We need to meet for lunch sometime!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #120

Good morning..

Need to get going..still in my jammies..LOL

MKay is having a great time with her dd in Aspen, according to her facebook reports..

Mexican yesterday, I was up a pound..to 153, but have been at 152 most of last week, so back on track today. Those darned chips are so addictive.

Sandy: Is your dad at home yet??? or still at your brothers?

Chelsie: Your garden sounds wonderful. I was going to order a patio planter for tomatoes. Our land is all downhill and pretty dirty..no good "Iowa" soil like at our last house.

Calories do count..

Hi to Buffy and Cindy..