Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrbiggs007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsM View Post
Hi all, this is my very first post and so glad I found it. MrBiggs, you are an inspiration and I need your help! A bit of background, I am 43 years old, 25 kilos overweight (currently 89 kilos but ideal healthy weight for me would be between 60-65kilos). I have tried every single program to lose weight. I have had 'success' from some diets but my weight soon crept up again. Please advise me where to start. P.S. I am a coffee addict!!! Thank you
I would start by getting "Eat Fat Get Thin" by Barry Groves. The book will teach you the basis of the diet. The single best advice I can give is this. You have to learn to change your way of thinking, and not just be on a diet. Eat fat get thin basically teaches that if you love pizza , tacos, hamburgers, ice cream, and cake, that you learn to make those foods with high fat, moderate protein , and low carb. Diets don't work! Your free, enjoy your life, celebrate, have parties, and look forward to the holidays. I can have a huge Christmas feast, I just make it with the right kinds of foods. It is just your way of thinking that makes this work. I hope this helps, please feel free to ask any questions
mrbiggs007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
...and Dr. Groves latest book is Natural Health and Weight Loss..which is a remake of the
original book. It is great..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dmburk
Stats: 260/185/190
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2011
Mr B: I've been following this discussion and I'm curious about your progress. Can you give us and update? I am 'scared' to try this higher fat way of eating, because so far on atkins my blood work numbers are normal.
dmburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburk View Post
Mr B: I've been following this discussion and I'm curious about your progress. Can you give us and update? I am 'scared' to try this higher fat way of eating, because so far on atkins my blood work numbers are normal.
It works for sure I lost 30lbs in 10 weeks with out exercising and I mean I was sitting in front of the tv and computer all day and eating whenever I wanted.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Cheesecake

1 Package Jello sugar free Cheesecake pudding
3/4 Cup heavy cream
1/4 Cup Whole Milk
7-8 Macadamia nuts

Put cream and milk in mixing bowl and pour in pudding mix. Mix with wisk for 2min or desired time. Place in frig for at least 1 hour before serving. Put on crushed nuts right before serving

1 Batch is 4 servings
Total Carbs per serving Approx 11
Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
i want to go off having low carb like atkins diet to eating fat but i wonder how much calories i should keep it at or is there a limit
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Zenngrl
Stats: Tight 18/----/Comfy 12 is my goal! - 5'6
WOE: ESE
Start Date: 1/11/11
I love dipping my ribeyes in butter... feels weird the first time though lol
Zenngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggs007 View Post
I would start by getting "Eat Fat Get Thin" by Barry Groves. The book will teach you the basis of the diet. The single best advice I can give is this. You have to learn to change your way of thinking, and not just be on a diet. Eat fat get thin basically teaches that if you love pizza , tacos, hamburgers, ice cream, and cake, that you learn to make those foods with high fat, moderate protein , and low carb. Diets don't work! Your free, enjoy your life, celebrate, have parties, and look forward to the holidays. I can have a huge Christmas feast, I just make it with the right kinds of foods. It is just your way of thinking that makes this work. I hope this helps, please feel free to ask any questions
Iíve been doing HCG of and on since May of 2011. Iím an extraordinarily slow loser, but found this the miracle that got off the last 10 lbs (of the original 50) down to a weight I havenít seen in decades. I too have found I stabilize best by keeping my numbers around the 65/25/10 range. I found this out by accident and now, after reading information on EFGT, I realize why. I appreciate all the information everyone is sharing. I just started what I hope is my last P3, at least for a good long while, and am going to pursue this lifestyle. Iíve only been doing it for a couple days and already see the benefits. This post from you Mr. Biggs is quite possibly the most hopeful and liberating Iíve read in a long time. I hope youíll continue to post, I appreciate your insight.

A few questions for those already enlightened:
Iím looking for the book, given the choice, would you recommend the original or the updated version?
Do you feel exercise stalls you? It did on HCG and I would really like to tone with light lifting and Pilates.
How do you accommodate the occasional alcoholic beverage or two in this plan?
What is the best recovery after a day off plan?
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Mr.Briggs, do you ever drink protein drinks with heavy cream If so, do you use them as a meal replacement or dessert?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
anyone still doing this, i would love to hear some more long term results. thanks
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Repto,
This doesn't seem to be a very active sight. Some of us on the HCG side are doing this while on HCG and during maintenance. I've been doing it on maintenance with good results. This is where I usually post:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...l#post15468324

The fellow doing it while on HCG posts here:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...fgt-meals.html

There is also a fat fasterís thread on the HCG sight you might want to check out.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeyfish
Stats: 210/195.8/135
WOE: Atkins (grain/wheat free)
Start Date: May 8, 2012
Bump! What a fascinating thread!
Monkeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #163
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
This sure was a fascinating thread! I really feel inspired after reading it. Does Mr. Bigg post anymore? I wonder how he's doing? It would be great to hear from him.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Where are you Mr. Briggs?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Would love to learn more!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: biznme
Stats: 259/243.4/200
WOE: Modified Low Carb
Start Date: 04/05/2012
I read the first few pages and jumped to the end to see how he was doing. I wonder where he is as well.

I am diabetic and have been on and off low carb for years. I just discovered the EFGT or LCHF way. and I'm aLOVING it!! People think I'm crazy though. My friends are like wow that's a lot of fat you're eating! LOL I say...UMMM I just lost 12 lbs in 2 months, so it's working for me!! Still learning the science of it all and hope I am getting the right balence. But they are not lying when they say fat keeps you satisfied longer and the cravings I have had in the past are in the PAST! Love it. I am looking forward to having great results like others I have read about here.
biznme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
just read all the post, hope Mr B comes back and lets us know how he is doing-----this is a very interesting thread, if anyone else is still doing the EFGT could you post a couple days menus----i would like to see how all the fat is incorporated into daily menus

thanks
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
I've been trying to stay within 70-80% fat each day, and it's a challenge. Meals look like this, Sunny:

B: Coffee with 1/3 c coconut milk and 2 T coconut oil
L: Salad with bleu cheese, bacon, mixed vegetables, avocado
D: Chicken prepped high fat (i.e. in a crockpot with a brick of cream cheese, butter, and wing sauce -- that's tonight's meal), salad with homemade dressing (Olive oil base)
S: Iced coffee with HWC

I'm not dropping pounds just yet, but I'm lifting heavy weights and can feel changes in my body composition. It's hard to be consistent with the fat; I'm still a work in progress!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
I've been trying to stay within 70-80% fat each day, and it's a challenge. Meals look like this, Sunny:

B: Coffee with 1/3 c coconut milk and 2 T coconut oil
L: Salad with bleu cheese, bacon, mixed vegetables, avocado
D: Chicken prepped high fat (i.e. in a crockpot with a brick of cream cheese, butter, and wing sauce -- that's tonight's meal), salad with homemade dressing (Olive oil base)
S: Iced coffee with HWC

I'm not dropping pounds just yet, but I'm lifting heavy weights and can feel changes in my body composition. It's hard to be consistent with the fat; I'm still a work in progress!
Thanks Christine----those meals sound very tasty----i had a small piece of sirloin to use up, so i cut in small pieces and wrapped bacon around it and had along with some melted butter---i tried this woe a few years back, and liked it, so want to give it a try again, i think i eat to much protein, i figured i should have around 65 grams a day-----i think i eat enough fat though, i use coconut oil in my tea and use sour cream, cream cheese, butter, cheese, mayo----how do you figure the grams in protein, is there a booklet or something that has it listed with the grams---i know bacon and things like that has it listed on the package, but lots of meats do not, and we get meat from a farmer

thanks again
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here are a couple active threads that are along those lines, but pumping up the fat a little more. I tried EFGT but didnít quite get the results. I also tried Fat Fast and got good results but the calories are lower and fat higher so itís hard to do for very long. Iím thinking about trying the in-between like these below starting next week.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...an-3-days.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-low-carb.html
High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
Thanks Christine----those meals sound very tasty----i had a small piece of sirloin to use up, so i cut in small pieces and wrapped bacon around it and had along with some melted butter---i tried this woe a few years back, and liked it, so want to give it a try again, i think i eat to much protein, i figured i should have around 65 grams a day-----i think i eat enough fat though, i use coconut oil in my tea and use sour cream, cream cheese, butter, cheese, mayo----how do you figure the grams in protein, is there a booklet or something that has it listed with the grams---i know bacon and things like that has it listed on the package, but lots of meats do not, and we get meat from a farmer

thanks again
Sunny, I use an online food tracker. I can't say the name of it because my post will get flagged, but if you google, you'll find a few options. Sounds like you're on the right track!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Terri and Christine for all your help------had bacon this morning with cream and coconut oil in my tea---just had a few nuts, as i am baking for a bake sale this weekend---i know i can stay away from the sweets when i eat this way

how is everyone else doing

i will check out those post, they will be very helpful
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
There's an active thread for Eat Fat, Get Thin....
October Overachievers' Challenge
Lots of helpful, friendly gals there.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote