Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrbiggs007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aediekins View Post
I would be careful about eating too much bacon and polish sausage. Those are processed foods. Dark meat chicken, rib-eye and chuck cuts have loads of fat and are more natural. Then you just cook them in butter, cream or oils, and you've got a lovely, fatty meal.
I need more variety then that. I also fail to see a major difference if your getting the better quality foods that have less artificial ingredients. But I agree the more natural the better.
mrbiggs007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
I didn't say to not eat them at all, I was just saying that those items shouldn't be the only things you eat. You said to eat sausage and bacon instead of steak and chicken =)
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Well I'm glad! I love my processed meats! <3 =D
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I didn't say to not eat them at all, I was just saying that those items shouldn't be the only things you eat. You said to eat sausage and bacon instead of steak and chicken =)
I see where your coming from. I think what I was pointing out is that people will think low carb and eat 5lbs of lean meat and then not loose. They need to eat fatty meat instead. The choices you said were high fat as well. I would rather eat sausage than chicken any day thats just me.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terrilee317
WOE: Atkins/EFGT
Start Date: Atkins 2/2010
New

Hi,
I never heard of this diet until today. I was on Atkins last year and lost about 45 pounds, and then I fell off the wagon, so to speak, and could never get back on. I think I stopped eating enough fat. I am a type 2 diabetic who has all but gotten off insulin eating low carb. But my cravings have come back and I am getting distressed. I also have irritable bowel, and "they" say to eat low fat.
What about heartburn? What about coronary artery disease? This diet intrigues me and scares me. I need help.
terrilee317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilee317 View Post
Hi,
I never heard of this diet until today. I was on Atkins last year and lost about 45 pounds, and then I fell off the wagon, so to speak, and could never get back on. I think I stopped eating enough fat. I am a type 2 diabetic who has all but gotten off insulin eating low carb. But my cravings have come back and I am getting distressed. I also have irritable bowel, and "they" say to eat low fat.
What about heartburn? What about coronary artery disease? This diet intrigues me and scares me. I need help.
Well I'm not the expert here by any means, but I can share my experience. The fat will definitely help with the cravings. Protein without fat is going to leave you hungry, depressed, and constipated. When you eat high fat you feel full, happy, and have great digestion. The only time I have digestive problems is when I skip eating. I would give eat fat get thin a chance and see what happens. I know that protein is not as good with insulin as fat is, so give it a chance and see what happens. I'm not a doctor and this is just my opinion of course.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
You are right, Mr...The key is protein with fat..Fat is the key to lower sugar levels..and moderate protein
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

I will be honest, I did have bad heartburn the first 3-4 days of upping the fat. But Now I'm fine. I think my body was just getting used to it.

MrBigg, what kind of fruits and carbs do you incorporate. I ate a few extra carbs than usual yesterday, as outlined in the book, and I had some pretty bad cravings. I
Old 04-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amythist
This seems like such a weird concept can I get a little more information? *grin*
Amythist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I usually will have some grapefruit or lemon juice for my fruit. I also enjoy peanut butter, nuts, and sugar free pudding for some more carbs. I also like peppers and Normandy blend vegetables.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythist View Post
This seems like such a weird concept can I get a little more information? *grin*
Sure what would you like to know?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Losha
Stats: 245/223/170
WOE: Atkins/Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: Atkins: 2/14/11, EFGT: 3/31/11
Hi all!
I'm a fairly new convert to EFGT and seeing Mr. Biggs postings inspired me to add my 2 cents
I started Atkins on 2/14/11, lost 15 pounds in the 1st 2 weeks and was thrilled! But then I got stuck at 230. And again. And again. I stayed there for 4 weeks of weigh-ins. As I'm sure all of us know, that's really discouraging! Having more than 30 lbs. to lose, I had decided to stay in Induction for that whole time, trying to keep my carbs at 20 grams or less (sometimes 25, what can I say ;p). Between discouraging results and a little bit of insanity from so few carbs I was starting to flounder.
But I have recently read Taubes book "Why We Get Fat" and I truly believe the science behind low-carb eating is the way to go! Carbs are 'evil' (heh) and protein and fat are where it's at! But I was stalling on Atkins, so what to do?! I started looking for percentages for intake (fat/protein/carb ratios) and settled on 60% fat / 30% protein / 10% carbs. I estimated a 2000 calorie diet (wow, who doesn't love eating 'more' with low-carbing vs. 1200 calorie low-fat diets?!) and that put my carbs at 50 grams or less a day. I won't lie, I was pretty happy with that right there!
So my 1st thought was "Ok, this is an experiment, may not work, but after a 4-week stall, I'm willing to give it a shot"! I started on 3/31/11 with these percentages and had lost a lb. in 2 days, 229 by 4/2/11. I know that's not much for us peeps that have a lot to lose but after not seeing the scale move for 4 weeks, it was WONDERFUL!
So i decided to look further into the possibilities of percentages, could further tweaking of my fat/protein/carb ratios be even more beneficial? I started using Fit Day online, it gives you a lovely pie graph of percentages and after a little more research decided to go to 70% fat / 20 % protein / 10% carbs.
My friends, I lost 4 lbs the following week! From 229 to 225 and after another week, we come to today and now I'm at 223! 16 days of EFGT and 7 lbs gone! :O
And I gotta tell ya, I'm starting to REALLY love fat! ;D
I add heavy cream and cheese to my eggs for breakfast (and bacon of course!)
I love to make tuna and ham salads but now instead of being paranoid about measuring mayo, i add a 1/4 cup! :O 400 calories of pure fat, nom!
I add herb butter to my steaks, extra oil and butter to any sauteed veggies and extra dressing to salads. Where there's a will for extra fat intake, there's definitely a way! ;D
My mind still rebels a bit at all this lovely fat. How many of us have been 'brainwashed' by the machine, fat is bad is all I've ever heard. But I've got a world of failed low-fat diets behind me and I never felt this good on any of them! I have more energy, my digestion is wonderful, my heartburn and gas (sorry, tmi ;p) issues have gone away, my new mantra is FAT IS WHERE IT'S AT!
So cheers to Mr. Biggs (and to all other EFGT enthusiasts!) May our high-fat journeys lead us to victory!
Losha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losha View Post
Hi all!
I'm a fairly new convert to EFGT and seeing Mr. Biggs postings inspired me to add my 2 cents
I started Atkins on 2/14/11, lost 15 pounds in the 1st 2 weeks and was thrilled! But then I got stuck at 230. And again. And again. I stayed there for 4 weeks of weigh-ins. As I'm sure all of us know, that's really discouraging! Having more than 30 lbs. to lose, I had decided to stay in Induction for that whole time, trying to keep my carbs at 20 grams or less (sometimes 25, what can I say ;p). Between discouraging results and a little bit of insanity from so few carbs I was starting to flounder.
But I have recently read Taubes book "Why We Get Fat" and I truly believe the science behind low-carb eating is the way to go! Carbs are 'evil' (heh) and protein and fat are where it's at! But I was stalling on Atkins, so what to do?! I started looking for percentages for intake (fat/protein/carb ratios) and settled on 60% fat / 30% protein / 10% carbs. I estimated a 2000 calorie diet (wow, who doesn't love eating 'more' with low-carbing vs. 1200 calorie low-fat diets?!) and that put my carbs at 50 grams or less a day. I won't lie, I was pretty happy with that right there!
So my 1st thought was "Ok, this is an experiment, may not work, but after a 4-week stall, I'm willing to give it a shot"! I started on 3/31/11 with these percentages and had lost a lb. in 2 days, 229 by 4/2/11. I know that's not much for us peeps that have a lot to lose but after not seeing the scale move for 4 weeks, it was WONDERFUL!
So i decided to look further into the possibilities of percentages, could further tweaking of my fat/protein/carb ratios be even more beneficial? I started using Fit Day online, it gives you a lovely pie graph of percentages and after a little more research decided to go to 70% fat / 20 % protein / 10% carbs.
My friends, I lost 4 lbs the following week! From 229 to 225 and after another week, we come to today and now I'm at 223! 16 days of EFGT and 7 lbs gone! :O
I love to make tuna and ham salads but now instead of being paranoid about measuring mayo, i add a 1/4 cup! :O 400 calories of pure fat, nom!
I add herb butter to my steaks, extra oil and butter to any sauteed veggies and extra dressing to salads. Where there's a will for extra fat intake, there's definitely a way! ;D
My mind still rebels a bit at all this lovely fat. How many of us have been 'brainwashed' by the machine, fat is bad is all I've ever heard. But I've got a world of failed low-fat diets behind me and I never felt this good on any of them! I have more energy, my digestion is wonderful, my heartburn and gas (sorry, tmi ;p) issues have gone away, my new mantra is FAT IS WHERE IT'S AT!
So cheers to Mr. Biggs (and to all other EFGT enthusiasts!) May our high-fat journeys lead us to victory!
Congratulations on your success, I am so happy to hear your doing well. I think most people will look at you like your crazy when you tell them what your doing. They will change their minds when they see the results. The whole anti-fat thing is a government conspiracy to help food companies sell low fat processed food. The fact is there isn't enough food if everyone ate high fat, and many companies would go bankrupt. Its much more profitable to make a bag of cheetos than it is to make a brick of cheese, and there is a lot more grain than there is milk for cheese. Cheap abundant food is the future of the world, and old school high fat foods will not feed the future world. It makes sense economically but it is also causing an obesity epidemic that will cost much more in the long run.

Stick to it and enjoy the high of fat. You eat all you want, and hunger is gone. Then you lose weight. I love it.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Quote:
Hi all!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggs007 View Post
Congratulations on your success, I am so happy to hear your doing well. I think most people will look at you like your crazy when you tell them what your doing. They will change their minds when they see the results. The whole anti-fat thing is a government conspiracy to help food companies sell low fat processed food. The fact is there isn't enough food if everyone ate high fat, and many companies would go bankrupt. Its much more profitable to make a bag of cheetos than it is to make a brick of cheese, and there is a lot more grain than there is milk for cheese. Cheap abundant food is the future of the world, and old school high fat foods will not feed the future world. It makes sense economically but it is also causing an obesity epidemic that will cost much more in the long run.

Stick to it and enjoy the high of fat. You eat all you want, and hunger is gone. Then you lose weight. I love it.
Thank you Mr. Biggs I agree with you on both facets. On the 1 point, only my family and 1 or 2 friends truly know of my WoE path, some people thrive on trying to discourage others I often notice. But when people start to notice the weight loss, that's usually when they start to ask questions. I'm already anticipating those crazy looks!
Which for me ties into your 2nd point, that almost NO ONE understands this WoE. The government, the food industry, all the layers in between. So many different levels of conspiracies and planning to make money, it's rather pathetic, all at the expense of the current population. The few people that know what I'm doing (other than my family, they're starting to see the light!) are so excitedly adamant to discredit anything in the low-carb realm. They THINK they know what's right because it's what they've always been told.
The proof is in the heavy-cream pudding though!! I'm looking forward to a few possible disputes in the future, what better way to disprove what they've always 'known' by using myself as an example? ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Thank you so much Rebecca, I'm pretty giddy myself!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you Mr. Biggs I agree with you on both facets. On the 1 point, only my family and 1 or 2 friends truly know of my WoE path, some people thrive on trying to discourage others I often notice. But when people start to notice the weight loss, that's usually when they start to ask questions. I'm already anticipating those crazy looks!
Which for me ties into your 2nd point, that almost NO ONE understands this WoE. The government, the food industry, all the layers in between. So many different levels of conspiracies and planning to make money, it's rather pathetic, all at the expense of the current population. The few people that know what I'm doing (other than my family, they're starting to see the light!) are so excitedly adamant to discredit anything in the low-carb realm. They THINK they know what's right because it's what they've always been told.
The proof is in the heavy-cream pudding though!! I'm looking forward to a few possible disputes in the future, what better way to disprove what they've always 'known' by using myself as an example? ;D

Thank you so much Rebecca, I'm pretty giddy myself!!!
Feb 9, 467 April 17, 435 i have not done any cardio at all i have sat on my backside mostly it works and i love it
Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggs007 View Post
Feb 9, 467 April 17, 435 i have not done any cardio at all i have sat on my backside mostly it works and i love it
Congrats on 435! You were just 439 a few days ago!
And agreed, I've done low-calorie diets before w/ CRAZY cardio and never had these 'melting' results! I've hardly wiggled with this WoE, I love it as well!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

When you have a lot to lose, it really does just melt off. When you get to those lasts few pounds though... it is slow going... so don't give up!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Great progress! Just want to echo the beauty of FAT. In an effort to diversify (and shed the last 20 stubborn pounds), I have switched over to the Paleo style of eating (the biggest change for me is no dairy) and upped my fat. In the past two days, I have barely been hungry after incorporating coconut milk into my diet. It's amazing what a bit of tweaking can do. Keep up the great work!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

What does coconut milk do?
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Angcould
Stats: 196 current/187 first goal
WOE: Low carb - Atkins/Protein Power
Start Date: May 6, 2011
So I cannot get my hands on any of Barry's books but this whole thing intrigues me as I think I am a victim of high protein lower fat even though ****** is saying my percentages are fine

according to the percentage today I am at 60% fat, 34% protein and about 6% carbs, but I am already at 120 grams of protein, had ham and eggs for breakfast and a turkey salad with avocado for lunch with blue cheese dressing and cheese, I was trying to follow atkins but have lost nothing!! any suggestions????
Angcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: droppin
Stats: 258.4/223/150-new start 12/29/2011
WOE: My Own Low Carb
Start Date: 12/29/2011
What is EFGT????...
droppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angcould View Post
So I cannot get my hands on any of Barry's books but this whole thing intrigues me as I think I am a victim of high protein lower fat even though ****** is saying my percentages are fine

according to the percentage today I am at 60% fat, 34% protein and about 6% carbs, but I am already at 120 grams of protein, had ham and eggs for breakfast and a turkey salad with avocado for lunch with blue cheese dressing and cheese, I was trying to follow atkins but have lost nothing!! any suggestions????
I am far from an expert on this, but it sounds like you need to reduce your protein and up the fat. Ham is high-protein and low in fat. Bacon might be a better choice. And turkey is very high in protein and low in fat as well. If you use turkey, only do about 2 oz and then use extra dressing or have a coffee with heavy cream in it to get more fat.

You should be at least 70% fat and no more than 25% protein. Some people watch their calories too, others (with a lot to lose) don't count calories, they just eat high-fat until they are satisfied.

I struggled with my percentages at first too, I was concerned about not getting my carbs up high enough (I was always at 6-8% carbs) but I gave up trying to count. That's what I always loved about low carb. I never counted anything, I just knew what I could and couldn't eat.

So now, I'm just trying to eat fatty foods and less protein and I'm not counting. I drank a lot of alcohol over the weekend so I didn't lose anything, even though I ate great. (By a lot I mean 3-4 glasses of red wine on Fri and Sat, and 2 on Sunday... I'm not a total lush!! ) I am cutting back on the booze this week LOL and hopefully get the scale moving again. But even though I'm not losing, I am not hungry, and I feel satisfied.

Stick with it, you will figure out what works for you. I did regular (30 net carbs or less a day) Atkins for 3 years to lose the baby weight the first go-round. I did not own a scale at the time to keep track of how much I lost, but I got down to my skinniest weight of 150 lbs, size 9/10. I'm tall, so that was really thin for my build. I also did a lot of strength training. Even though you will lose while low-carbing, it will be much slower if you don't work out.

Look at nutritional info for a while, until you get the hang of it.

For instance- 2 oz of turkey is 1 gram of fat and 9 grams of protein while 2oz of 80% ground beef is 9 grams of fat and 14 grams protein. So that is a lot more fat. If you eat the leaner proteins, just make sure to up the fat somewhere else.

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppin View Post
What is EFGT????...
Eat Fat, Get Thin - a book by Barry Groves. His newer book "Natural Eating and Weight Loss" is the newer and better version.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Angcould
Stats: 196 current/187 first goal
WOE: Low carb - Atkins/Protein Power
Start Date: May 6, 2011
Quote:
I am far from an expert on this, but it sounds like you need to reduce your protein and up the fat. Ham is high-protein and low in fat. Bacon might be a better choice. And turkey is very high in protein and low in fat as well. If you use turkey, only do about 2 oz and then use extra dressing or have a coffee with heavy cream in it to get more fat.

You should be at least 70% fat and no more than 25% protein. Some people watch their calories too, others (with a lot to lose) don't count calories, they just eat high-fat until they are satisfied.

I struggled with my percentages at first too, I was concerned about not getting my carbs up high enough (I was always at 6-8% carbs) but I gave up trying to count. That's what I always loved about low carb. I never counted anything, I just knew what I could and couldn't eat.

So now, I'm just trying to eat fatty foods and less protein and I'm not counting. I drank a lot of alcohol over the weekend so I didn't lose anything, even though I ate great. (By a lot I mean 3-4 glasses of red wine on Fri and Sat, and 2 on Sunday... I'm not a total lush!! ) I am cutting back on the booze this week LOL and hopefully get the scale moving again. But even though I'm not losing, I am not hungry, and I feel satisfied.

Stick with it, you will figure out what works for you. I did regular (30 net carbs or less a day) Atkins for 3 years to lose the baby weight the first go-round. I did not own a scale at the time to keep track of how much I lost, but I got down to my skinniest weight of 150 lbs, size 9/10. I'm tall, so that was really thin for my build. I also did a lot of strength training. Even though you will lose while low-carbing, it will be much slower if you don't work out.

Look at nutritional info for a while, until you get the hang of it.

For instance- 2 oz of turkey is 1 gram of fat and 9 grams of protein while 2oz of 80% ground beef is 9 grams of fat and 14 grams protein. So that is a lot more fat. If you eat the leaner proteins, just make sure to up the fat somewhere else.
Lol well I did the same thing this weekend with the wine, and I wouldn't think your a lush .... I just happen to love wine... but that aside I am just not quite sure if I am getting things right, so you keep your protein down to a certain percent per meal and use fattier cuts of meat... I get that...so if its a leaner protein do you eat less and add more fat too it such as butter, cheese? I had 4 eggs with breakfast this morning and was told that is to many yet alot of people say they keep hard boiled eggs on hand to snack on if they get hungry.... hence why I am all over the place with what to do, I have cheese for snacks and eat pepperoni too if I need to eat something, as yet haven't lost anything!!! I have never exceeded 3000 calories that would be awful!!! lol

Last edited by Angcould; 04-18-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Angcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

4 eggs does sound like a lot. I would change that to 2 eggs fried in a ton of butter (add more butter to the top if you like) and two pieces of bacon or sausage. If you eat enough fat you will not get hungry even with less eggs. On this way of eating, you are supposed to eat enough fat at each meal so you don't snack throughout the day. Yes, on the lean protein, add more fat to the meal. That could be extra dressing on a salad, or cooking it in butter or olive oil. Try to avoid snacking (according to the book.) If you eat enough fat at each meal, it shouldn't be a problem.

I am at about 2000-2300 calories per day. I can't go less than that or I get hungry.

What I ate yesterday-
B- 2 fried eggs and 2 pieces of bacon, coffee with stevia and 1 TB heavy cream

L- 8 slices Italian salame, 1 1/2 oz havarti cheese, 1 clementine/mandarin orange,
mini-protein shake (1 oz heavy cream, 1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup water and 3 ice cubes shaken)

D- 3 oz carne asada, large green salad with 4 oz of ranch dressing, 1 oz of jack cheese

9pm- 2 glasses of wine
Old 04-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: droppin
Stats: 258.4/223/150-new start 12/29/2011
WOE: My Own Low Carb
Start Date: 12/29/2011
Quote:
Eat Fat, Get Thin - a book by Barry Groves. His newer book "Natural Eating and Weight Loss" is the newer and better version.
Thanks so much, I will have to see if I can find that book
droppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Great Post Everybody!

Couple of Points I feel that are worth noting.

1: It may take some time for you to start to lose no matter what your doing, because your body wants to hold its current weight and it resist weight loss.

2: There are foods you can eat and foods you can't, and then there are smart ways to eat the ones you can. e.g. I make scrabbled eggs with 2eggs and 2 egg yolks made with butter and sour cream mixed in.

3: You have to stop caring about how much you eat and learn what makes you full and satisfied. I eat a lot less at times than I used to, because I'm not focused on my eating. This is the real key to success on EFGT. You learn to eat when you need to eat and you eat what you need to eat. If 4 eggs fills ya up and you don't eat for 6 hours then go for it. I would get more yolks myself, but it won't be to different in the long run.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Quote:
What does coconut milk do?
It's high in fat, so it fills me up.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Mr. Biggs I totally agree with you, sometimes our bodies just set themselves to a certain weight and we get stuck there.

A neighbor of mine when I was growing up was very into oriental and alternative medicines. She said that our bodies do "set" themselves at a certain weight and will naturally adjust our metabolism to stay there. She said that when we think of our weight we usually picture ourselves in our current state, or as the current number on the scale. Those thoughts enforce our bodies to remain in that set state.

She said to counteract that, we need to visualize ourselves getting skinnier and watching the scale move down. She suggested that every night before bed, think about getting on your scale and watching the numbers slowly go down until you reach your goal weight. Think about how it feels to be thin, and picture yourself wearing the clothes in the size you wish to be. And throughout the day, picture yourself standing on your scale with your goal weight on it, and imagine how you feel being that goal weight.

Mr Biggs, your post triggered that memory of what she said. She has since passed away. I remember I tried to do that when I was losing weight the first time and it must have helped, because I lost weight slowly but steadily. Unlike this time where I lost a pound and then stall for 2 weeks- LOL! I'm going to start doing this again. I gotta reprogram my body to SKINNY!!!