Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   High Fat Food Items Please (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/714700-high-fat-food-items-please.html)

franciejones 03-22-2011 11:03 AM

High Fat Food Items Please

Ok..so I have been all over this EFGT forum and I want to know what folks eat that are high fat (medium protein) other than coconut oil/bark???

The only items I can think of to date are

Avocado
Black Olives
Deviled Eggs....
Can someone please list items ???

I honestly have looked all around and my eyes are just killing me!!! lol

Please and thank you for your help and input!

LJB 03-22-2011 11:13 AM

Products that are high in saturated fats are.- Butter
- Cheese
- Chicken fat
- Meat fat
- Palm oil
- Coconut oil

- Beef
- Lamb
- Pork
- Veal
- whole eggs
- full fat mayo

franciejones 03-22-2011 11:19 AM

Thanks LJB...

Anyone else?

franciejones 03-22-2011 11:22 AM

Looking for high fat non-meat items...I think I am getting too much protein. Looking for items to add that are fatty. :)

LJB...tried to friend you on fb....and your page does not give that option...just FYI :)

LJB 03-22-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franciejones (Post 14494332)
Looking for high fat non-meat items...I think I am getting too much protein. Looking for items to add that are fatty. :)

LJB...tried to friend you on fb....and your page does not give that option...just FYI :)

:cry::cry:I don't know why.

I will have to look into it.

franciejones 03-22-2011 11:55 AM

I found one recipe that seems to fit the guidelines perfectly...

Bacon wrapped jalepeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese!

Does anyone have a yay or nay for me on this?
Does anyone use this in their diet?:blush:

CarolynF 03-22-2011 12:14 PM

Francie: Just add butter/oil to your eggs in the a.m...Heavy cream to your coffee/tea..
Go for the fattier cuts of meat and eat the skin on the chicken.

Honestly, it doesn't take much to get your fat up to 60-65 percent because it is very
calorie dense.

Do your ****** and see what happens..

Mayo with tuna/egg/chicken salad..Olive oil/vinegar dressing on your greens..

Cream cheese muffins..(search for recipe on the RBulletin Board)...

franciejones 03-22-2011 12:29 PM

Thanks CarolynF! Very helpful.

Ali_G 03-24-2011 04:38 AM

Yes, what Carolyn said!
I log all my food into ****** and find that heavy whipping cream in my coffee in the am (or if you don't drink coffee, make a "steamer" with 1 or 2 oz cream, some S/F syrup, and boiling water), some cream cheese or mayo with protein at lunch, and blue cheese or ranch dressing with a salad at dinner gets my numbers up. Actually, combined with the other things I eat (including a TBSP or 2 of oil (olive or coconut) to saute some mushrooms or veggies in), I usually have to tweak it pretty carefully so I don't go over.
What about Peanut Butter or some other nut butter? I eat PB on celery all the time. The amount of fat to protein is double vs. cheese which is about 1:1.
Hope that helps!
~ali

franciejones 03-24-2011 07:12 AM

Thanks Ali. I have only been adding fat for a few days and it has really stalled my weightloss. I am hard pressed to find very many success stories with this WOE. I will more than likely lower my fat and stick to high protein for a bit. I may use EFGT as a way to curb my weekend indulgences rather than use it as an everyday thing.

CarolynF 03-24-2011 11:26 AM

Francie: What are your percentages? Your fat shouldn't be more than 65 percent of your daily intake..

Best of luck in your plan..Everyone is different.

franciejones 03-24-2011 01:11 PM

Thanks Carolyn. I did have them at 65%. I just kind of feel as though I am stalling out for some reason.

CarolynF 03-24-2011 05:13 PM

How many calories were you taking in??? Just curious..:)

franciejones 03-25-2011 09:25 AM

1200-1300

Lowered fat just a little and lost 1.2 pounds overnight. :)

CarolynF 03-25-2011 09:56 AM

Fat equals calories..So it is important not to overdo according to your body/plan.

That's a great loss.

franciejones 03-28-2011 05:26 PM

ok...here is todays totals...what do you think Carolyn?

Total 1,240 calories

89.2 grams fat 63%
34.5 carbs 11%
79.9 protein grams 26%

CarolynF 03-28-2011 08:09 PM

Francie, I think that looks fine...:) If you are losing, then it's your magic combo..:)

franciejones 03-29-2011 05:56 AM

Thanks Carolyn. I was really scared about my numbers yesterday, but when I weighed in this morning I was down 1.6 pounds! Thanks for the ****** advice....it really DOES help. I was just too lazy to do it. LOL

CarolynF 03-29-2011 08:43 AM

Francie: I agree with you on ******..It really really helps..:)

helenback 05-22-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franciejones (Post 14499824)
Thanks Ali. I have only been adding fat for a few days and it has really stalled my weightloss. I am hard pressed to find very many success stories with this WOE. I will more than likely lower my fat and stick to high protein for a bit. I may use EFGT as a way to curb my weekend indulgences rather than use it as an everyday thing.

I am not a big chocolate fan, so while everyone makes chocolate bark, I make peanutbutter/caramel bark.

1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp davinci sugar free caramel

mix together in a cupcake/muffin paper cup and freeze. Start each morning with one of the many flavored barks. I make a weeks worth, eat 1/2 when I first get up and then the other half either mid morning or mid afternoon. It is great way to up fats and it is great for curbing appetite.

Edited to add: Spark-thing was not for me, but I couldn't survive w/o ******.. LOVE IT! It does all the % work for me. :D

metqa 09-16-2011 05:46 PM

No one has posted for a while but I have a suggestion.

When i baked my chicken in the oven, on a rack, there is always at least a half cup of chicken fat in the bottom of the pan. First thing I'd do is to eat the crispy skin off of the chicken cause it won't stay crispy once it cools. Lot's of fat right there.

Since I planned to eat the meat anyway, I'd pour the rendered chicken fat into a serving dish, grind a bit of salt into it, and pull off strips of chicken breast and dip it into the fat before each bite. I don't do this for the thighs and legs cause they are already full of fat.

I find I get in a lot of fat without "eating extra protein" because the fat belongs to the protein in the first place, I'm just putting it back on as I eat it. But I don't know how I'd record it. I would just enter how many tablespoons of the fat I ate as an additional entry.

If I ran out of chicken fat to dip in, I'd just scoop out a tablespoon of Mayo and dip it into that. Pretty simple and easy for me for a simple meat meal. Later I'd chop the rest of the breast and make chicken salad with the mayo, a drizzle of the fat, and other seasonings.

metqa 09-16-2011 05:52 PM

Another great fat addition is Ghee. Ghee is so delicious you will WANT to dip everything into it.

I've dipped meat, cheese, LC artisan bread, Cheese, nuts...my finger :laugh: into ghee. I've blended it half and half with refined coconut oil and used it to add a buttery caramel scented flavor to my veggies. I'd put the veggies in teh skillet and drizzle the CO/Ghee in to sautee then add a half oz of mozzerella cheese and let it melt to a sort of cheesy saucy thing. Something I learned from watching Moms of Ketogenic children is to take a bread like item like an oopsie roll, and sop up the oil that remains on the plate. Don't leave any oil behind! :laugh:

I've pan fried fish in it and it adds to the flavor without burning like butter.

I used ghee as pancake syrup by adding powdered sweetener to it, just a wee bit, to bring out the caramel flavor. Without sugar it just smells sweet, but with a touch of sugar it tastes like caramel candy. I poured it over some floopsies I made. It was as good, actually better than the watery commercial SF syrups I (don't) often use.

And of course people say use cream, but I don't drink coffee. I can make a creamy chocolate drink from whey protein and add cream to make it more creamy and filling, I also sometimes add an egg yolk ( not white) for extra fat and you can't taste "egg" but you can feel the difference it makes in the mouth feel. It feels more delicious. I save the white for meringes or cooking. Avidin. Don't want it raw.

metqa 09-28-2011 06:21 AM

Bobo's Pumpkin Thickshake

LauraLovesLowCarb 11-21-2011 03:44 PM

Anything that has equal Fat & Protein grams and very low carbs will almost always put you in what I consider a good ratio (65 fat/30 protein/5 carbs). Some of my favorite EXTRA FATTY foods include:

Real Bacon (but since you asked for non-meat.....)

Avocado all day long, including Avocado Fried!
Pecans (I've tried Macadamias and Almonds, but they seem to cause weight gain in me)
Green & Black Olives
Cheeses
Flax Crackers - Whole Foods carries these. They are per serving Cals 222 Fat 14.5, Protein 8, Net Carbs 3. I eat them with cheese or an Olive dip (chopped green olives mixed with softened cream cheese)

LauraLovesLowCarb 11-21-2011 03:50 PM

FrancieJones - Don't give up on the high fat approach! There MUST be another reason your weight loss has stalled. I've had such success with this approach. Most recently, my Husband decided to LISTEN to me (LOL!) and in the past year has shed 85 pounds eating what I tell him to.

I am also training him with weights and some cardio, but it's the diet that has taken the weight off.

I shed 35 pounds a few years back and have kept them off eating this way. Is your ****** journal public? I would be happy to have a peek and let you know if I see anything.

Good luck on your journey!!

JONAH'S GRANNY 01-10-2012 12:56 PM

Macadamia Nuts are almost pure fat.

Galveston Gal 01-21-2012 07:32 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by helenback (Post 14671710)
I am not a big chocolate fan, so while everyone makes chocolate bark, I make peanutbutter/caramel bark.

1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp davinci sugar free caramel

mix together in a cupcake/muffin paper cup and freeze. Start each morning with one of the many flavored barks. I make a weeks worth, eat 1/2 when I first get up and then the other half either mid morning or mid afternoon. It is great way to up fats and it is great for curbing appetite.

Edited to add: Spark-thing was not for me, but I couldn't survive w/o ******.. LOVE IT! It does all the % work for me. :D

I do like chocolate....but these little bites are way better than the chocolate bark!!!:jumpjoy:
I use the Torani's S/F Hazelnut

...in fact...I divide the portion into 2 square silicone muffins..perfect size!!!
Melt in your mouth yumminess...:D

Abreleah 01-30-2012 11:21 AM

yes, I love them !

jenniferphang 02-01-2012 11:23 PM

can somebody explain to me how this diet work? do i take 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carb? is there a limit of the calories/day?

metqa 02-02-2012 04:54 AM

I think you just don't eat more than your normal daily caloric limit, and if you want to lose faster just keep your calories below that amount but not less than 80% so you don't slow your metabolism....

Go some where like exrx.com and use their fitness calculator to figure out what your calories should be for a day, I like to put in 8 hours of sleep and 16 hours of light activity ( like sitting) to get the lowest calories needed just for sitting around awake, and I use this number as a maximum. if I exercise or something then it's just bonus calories burned.

Then I figure that number times .80 to figure out the minimum that my calories should be and try not to go below that number too often.