Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenniferphang
thank metqa! i think i am screwed because i have been reading across this forum and try to integrate every little aspect of different kind of diet that i find interesting, into one whole diet for me.

i finished my HCG diet a few weeks ago, and i am now on phrase 3, in which we can eat food items we want except those that are high in carb. i think it works similar to atkins, and this eat fat get thin method.

for atkins though, it says we do not need to consider about calories. but for EFGT, we do?
jenniferphang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I hope you are NOT screwed cause that's exactly what I intend to do. There are so many workable plans but I'm curious as to how to get the best from all of them in something that is flexible and inclusive.

For Atkins he says not to worry about the calories, but I don't think it means the same thing as calories don't matter, because for one thing the carbs are so low and the fat is so high that it tends to deflate hunger, but also in Atkins we are not counting the fat we are just counting the carbs. and a certain set Amount of carbs. That effectively limits the calories in that particular way since by limiting carbs you are also limiting calories from carbs, even though you are replacing them with calories from fat and meat, there is still only so much protein you can eat and only so much fat your body can process before it makes you feel ill. So it is, in a way, a self limiting diet. If you don't believe me, try to eat a days worth of calories only as fat and you will find yourself getting nauseated. Yay for the body to tell us when we've had too much. Same with protein. Carbs are the only nutrient that we can over eat and not have a "stop" signal.

For EFGT we are trying to keep a certain percentage of fat which requires that we also keep track of the other two nutrients as well. That means knowing the calories is essential to knowing if your percentages are correct. I don't know if we are supposed to keep a limit or whatever, but the thing is, if you don't know how many calories you are eating, then there is NO way for you to know how many of those calories are fat AND what percentage in relationship to the others.

So, you might not have to consider calories from a limiting standpoint, but you have to know them from the mathematical standpoint in order to be accurate.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 02-02-2012 at 10:20 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Okay, here's what you do. Go figure out your lean protein for your body. You'll have to measure different parts like your wrist, arm, hip, neck, etc. and use an online calculator to figure it out. Be generous.

Then, once you figure out your lean body mass, determine how much protein you need to support that mass. There are calculators for that also. An athlete or a child needs more than a sedentary adult.

Once you have found your minimum protein needs for a day, then make that amount equal to your max protein percentage.

PER DAY:
15% CARBS
20% PROTEIN
65% FAT

Lets say for ease of... whatever...
YOu need 100g of protein each day ( I made that up)

100g protein = 400 calories = 20% daily Protein
if 400 calories is 20% then 400c x 5 = 2000 calories
65% of 2000calories is 1300 calories from fat
1300/9 = 144g fat
and 15% carbs of 2000 calories = 300 calories/4cal per g carb = 75g of carbs

So you need to figure out your protein needs then substitute your number instead 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carb and the math will work it out for you.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenniferphang
Thank you so much for your tips!! ahha i will use math this time! (the video is really cute!)
jenniferphang is offline   Reply With Quote