Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ali_G
WOE: Atkins/EFGT
Start Date: 2/7/2011
Buffy-Ever hear of a Neti Pot? It really helps with sinus troubles. It's a little weird but not uncomfortable, and can be quite soothing. I had my doubts but a friend swore by it and so I finally tried it. I don't think they are very hard to find. The most important part is to use the correct solution.

Well I found a couple cake recipes. Some were for individual servings instead of a whole cake. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Here's the thing though, I only have almond flour so can't use carbalose or anything like that. I was looking into the Black Bean brownies, too.

We may be going to Belgium this weekend and will celebrate there but I'd still like to make a little something to stick some candles in (more for the kids than the birthday boy! )
Ali_G is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning.
I feel better today and slept well last night, with a little chemical help. The swelling is going down but I still have some of the lump under my eye and I won't be satisfied until that is completely gone.
Carolyn, does Gary come back to the same hotel each night when he travels? I was thinking you could fly into a city and then tour around there while he is off doing his work? No, just sitting in the car all day would not be fun.
Sandy, hope you get to feeling better. What I love for upset tummy is Ginger Trips, they are wafers I get at the HFS and are really good to settle you tum tum. Sounds like you have a bug though, or maybe sinus, that can give you a headache and the drainage an upset tummy, and make you feel really tired. I am still feeling drained.
MK, good to start the little ones out thinking about money and how to save it, handle it, etc. All kids see today is people swipe a little plastic card to get everything to want.
Ali, I think the brown bean brownies have been reported as being good and you could do a scoop of LC ice cream on them with a candle.
Had a wonderful time meeting up with my high school friend yesterday, we had seen each other once in the past 45 years and were able to just take off talking and talked non-stop for 4 hours, she is a jewel.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Do the bean brownies for sure..I throw on some SF chocolate chips and let them melt
for a frosting, too..

Buffy: Glad you are draining and shrinking..but it does go into your tummy sometimes..
Icky. No Gary never stays in the same hotel twice...He gets to the hotels around
midnight, then gets up at 6 and drives to his next meeting..Some trips he drives 1,000
miles..Not fun..He likes driving, but I don't..

Did my exercising, got my coffee..Waiting for my little lady friends to call me for our
luncheon...They are pretty old..I hope they didn't forget..I just called them.. I hate waiting around..LOL.

Big KU game tonight..I was so glad that Arizona won last night..Duke needed to let someone else win..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #214

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Yay!!! Rock Chalk!! Go Jayhawks! We're all ready to go watch with friends at a local bar and watch them win another one!!

I think I might feel a little bit better but still not 100%. I've been dealing with sinus for the last week or so and I figure that's part of it. I might have to end up getting an antibiotic at the beginning of the week if I don't get better.

Buffy, I love friends like that!! I am blessed to have several that I can do that with and 2 of them are from junior high, one from high school and one I've known for 34 years. We instantly feel so comfortable with each other and enjoy each other's company so much. We just don't get to do it often enough. But we do see each other more often than every 45 years. But I think we'd be the same if it was that long.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #215

I agree with Sandy...long term friends are the bestest..

Yup, you might need antibiotics if you have a sinus infection.. It will make you better..
Have fun at the bar tonight...LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #216

We did have fun and our Hawks won, by a landslide, which isn't as exciting as a good, close game, but we'll take it. I hope it doesn't make them lazy Sunday now.

DH is working today and I'm feeling lazy.....again. I think I'll finish my book and change the bed linens. I thought we were supposed to get snow but it hasn't shown up yet. And that's fine with me.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Ali, I forgot to answer you on the neti pot, yes, I do have one but it really hurt when I used it so I must not have mixed the solution correctly, I think I will buy some premixed since it isn't supposed to hurt. But, yes, people swear by them.
Sandy, you want to get a sinus infection checked, I was reading that if you let them go, they can actually (this is in severe cases) go into the brain??? Scare tactics, LOL.
I continue to feel better but slept from 11:00 last night to 10:00 this morning, so guess my body is catching up on the rest and I am glad I am not too busy that I can give into that right now.
Today I am just going to do laundry, which I have let go since going to the Dr. wednesday, so it is piled up a little, doesn't ever get too bad with just the two of us. Then DGS 11 is coming over to spend the night with us, which is always fun. Will have to see if there is a movie on that he and I can watch before bedtime, he likes to do that.
Intersting note, his step grandmother was just here to visit for a week and she is a kind of insecure but very people pleaser type of personality. She tries way way too hard to be a good grandmother to him and win him over. He does like her but she doesn't understand his asperger personality and expects him to react like other kids when she gives him things, wants to talke him to do things, wants to talk to him, etc. He doesn't show a lot of emotion towards others and unless something falls in his interest range, he pays little or no attention to it and she can't understand why he doesn't get all excited about the clothes she buys him, on and on and on. As his mom tried to explain to her, with DGS, you can buy him something because you like to shop but don't expect to get your reward from his reaction to it, he could care less about 95% of the things you think he will be excited about. As usual, she went home with her feelings hurt. Uh, who's the adult here? We can teach him to be polite and to say the appropriate things but you can't teach someone to show emotion they do not feel. The greatest reward from him is him wanting to spend time with you, that is how you know he loves you and appreciates you. It has been the most intersting journey with him in our lives.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #218

Hi ladies..

Yup, the game was not so challenging..I hope they don't get "big heads"..for the next round..LOL.

Buffy: Some kids have different love languages, too..as does everyone. Sometimes kids like "stuff" sometimes they just like time together or having someone do a project
for them, etc..Love Languages is a great book to understand your family and friends..
Maybe he feels loved best when he does spend time with Mema, etc..He doesn't need stuff to feel loved maybe..

Chilly here...did my exercise, got my coffee, doing laundry for dh's trip. We are going to see Grace Card this afternoon or evening..
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #219
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I agree with Sandy...long term friends are the bestest..
I agree!!

Sandy - congrats to the Jayhawks! (But don't tell DH I said that!)

Buffy - I slept from 8:30pm last night until 7:00am this morning! I must have needed it too.
And now I can't wake up!

I didn't know DGS had Aspergers - or if I did, I forgot.
It's wonderful that he feels so secure with you!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

I always tell my kids that I know my grandkids love me and trust me when they show their absolute worst behaviour in front of me, they know they are loved and it is ok!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #221

Hi.

Bought some exercise pants..now I have to hem them.. I think I'll use that iron on stuff and see what happens.

Dh left for Ireland (get me some tea, please) and Estonia..so it's me and the cat..

Someday maybe I will get to see some grandchildren misbehave. All I have now is
dd's cat, who does misbehave in front of me, so I guess she is comfortable with her
Gramma...LOL.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #222
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn -
Quote:
All I have now is
dd's cat, who does misbehave in front of me, so I guess she is comfortable with her
Gramma...LOL.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #223

I've used the iron on stuff to hem lots of time. You'll love it!! I wish you lived closer, we'd get together and fill your husband-less time, lol. How long is he gone this time? Too bad it's not feasible for you to go. That would be wonderful!!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #224
Princess Proofreader

Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #225
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I wish you lived closer, we'd get together and fill your husband-less time.........!
....with us all going for Mexican food!! Oh, wait, this is a weight loss forum! My bad!:blush:
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #226

Yep, Cindy! That's what I had in mind, sans chips, of course, lol.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Enjoying the posts today, when I tell people I have this group of online friends, that I met on a forum, they question me about the forum. Hmmm, I say it is just kind of how we met, not sure we are such followers although I know most of you more than me.

Carolyn, how funny about DD's cat,

When DGS was a little younger I got him a book called "Cat's have Aspergers too" or something like that. When he found out he had it, DD gave him the book to read, he loves cats and it was a cute way to help him understand some of the differences.

I just can't get over how much better I feel, that darn sinus infection comes on your so gradually and sneaky that you just don't realize how much it drags you down before you get help and get over it. I should be able to get so much done this week.

We do need to have a meeting or get together of sorts some day, would be great fun.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #228

Hi gals..

I have a crazy week with a shower on the end of it..Dh will be gone until Saturday.
The ccard lady from India called me to make sure dh was on the trip, etc..in case he used his cards. Then she wanted to know how to spell Estonia..

Hey, so far, so good on the iron on stuff..I even managed to get the pants long enough this time..LOL..

Glad you are better, Buffy..You forget how good it feels to be healthy when you are down and out. Cats do have Aspergers..They get into their routines. Every morning I have to open the sliding glass door in our bedroom so Alex can check out the weather.
He waits for me to do this..LOL..

This is a taco chip free week for me..I was 153.5 this morning...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #229
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
....with us all going for Mexican food!! Oh, wait, this is a weight loss forum! My bad!:blush:

And yes, that would be great - without the chips!!

Carolyn - this month has been hard on my weight too.
Can we skip the weigh-in??

Buffy - cats have Aspergers?? Really?!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #230

I was at my pre vacation weight this a.m. 146.4. I think I'll go with that weight for the month as the rest of the week will be full of lunches, dinners and celebrations. That yearly event I'd rather forget has come around again, lol. I can run but I can't seem to hide from them. Is that okay with you all?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #231

Sure...I think we should choose the day that we want to weigh-in..LOL..Honestly, it does keep me on track..

Who watches Dancing with the Stars????
Old 03-29-2011, 04:06 AM   #232
Princess Proofreader

Im down a little from Sunday - but this may take all week before I can weigh.

Keep you posted!

I don't watch DWTS. Sorry!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #233
Always on, slightly off

My weight is up this month too! I know that 3 trips in as many months did not help either!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
I haven't weighed for over a week since I have not been feeling well, I have been giving in to comfort food, but I feel heavy. As I say about weighing and everythng these days, at this age, we can do whatever we damn well please, well, within reason of course

Business line is not working so had to call phone company and they say they have to come out to fix it, was hoping it was something they could just zap and do.

Slept 12 hours AGAIN last night, wow, my body is saying rest I guess.

Rainy and chilly here today, my cousin in Iowa reports they got 3 inches of snow.

I don't watch DWTS's regularly either, although I have at times and it is a good show.

Have a meatloaf from the freezer to go in the oven, will have to see what I have around to go with it. I always make 2 at a time if possible and freeze one, they freeze well and I am always glad to find that 2nd one for an easy dinner.

Need nails and pedi badly, might try to work that in this week.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #235

Hi,

I made myself popcorn last night and I was up this morning..So, I'm hitting it hard with
protein until April Fool's Day.. New name anyone???

Yikes, Iowa's winter isn't over yet, is it? Glad you are sleeping well, Buffy.

Cindy: Those darn trips get me everytime..The only time I actually stayed the same
was when we went to Quebec City and walked and walked and walked for hours
every day. Uphill..

I watch DWTS sporadically...I like Kristie Ally..She is 60..
Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #236
Princess Proofreader

Old 03-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #237

My DGS18 is in the hospital. They admitted him yesterday. He has peri-orbital cellulitis and is on IV antibiotics. Two different kinds! And he won't get out until at least Thursday. It's been pretty scary. And I've had my DGD12 here with me so Momma can stay with him.

My eating has been out the window!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #238
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I watch DWTS sporadically...I like Kristie Ally..She is 60..
Seriously 60??!!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #239
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My DGS18 is in the hospital. They admitted him yesterday. He has peri-orbital cellulitis and is on IV antibiotics. Two different kinds! And he won't get out until at least Thursday. It's been pretty scary. And I've had my DGD12 here with me so Momma can stay with him.

My eating has been out the window!

What does that mean??
Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #240

Which part? The infection is around his eye and on his face.

My eating=not good.