Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Cupid's Cuties' Challenge for February (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/708310-cupids-cuties-challenge-february.html)

CarolynF 02-01-2011 05:34 AM

Cupid's Cuties' Challenge for February

Hi ladies..

What a storm we are having..No cars on the road..Hopefully dh will stay home.
He brought his work home, just in case...Lots of things are closed here.

Yeah for weight losses..

I was down to 152..:) Yippee..One pound down.

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 06:44 AM

Morning!
It always takes me a while to find the new thread!! :doh:

Holding steady at 119.4!
The best news is that last year on this date I was at 127.2!

DH and DD27 both went to work.
The ice is here, but the snow shouldn't come until this afternoon!

CindyCRNA 02-01-2011 07:19 AM

Sowing here. Supposed to get 7" in our area. I am going to work at 11 so I think that will be ok but I am going to have to dig my car out in the morning.

Buffy45 02-01-2011 08:09 AM

Morning
Nov. 1 209.2
Dec. 1 209.2
Jan. 1 210.8
Feb. 1 208

Wow, I finally had a loss, whee. I'll take it though small. 208 seems to be my new setpoint instead of the 210 that it was at for so long, some days I see 207, so maybe I can drop another lb this month.

Congrats Caroloyn and MK, you really have done well this past year and I am sure it is due to your diligent exercising, you have really been our hero on that part. Great job.

We got a thunderstorm at midnight, then it kept raining and early morning it dropped to 30 degrees and the rain froze into ice and then it started snowing on top of that, so it is a mess for Dallas as we aren't well prepared for this kind of weather and with all the over passes on our freeways, it is quite dangerous to drive here in this weather unless you can find a route that doesn't take you on the over passes. All our schools are closed, airport has cancelled a bunch of flights and we are supposed to stay below freezing until Sat. and that is unheard of here. Since I don't have anywhere I have to be,etc., I just stay home and enjoy our little bit of winter. Wow, some areas really got a ton of snow though and for those who need to get to work and or travel, what a mess.

Went to a beauty event last night and invited a friend to go and try out the Jane Iredale makeup I am liking, she liked it and ended up winining a door prize of about $900 in skin care, Obagi. We were so excited and I was so happy for her, or course she was very pleased as she had been wanting to try that skincare but didn't have the money for it right now.

Our semi-wild outdoor cat has been off lately, I am sure he has found a new girlfriend or two, it is that time of year and I am hoping one of them let him curl up and spend the night in a warm place last night. We can get him to come into DH's shop to eat but he won't stay in and we haven't been able to get a hold of him to take him in to get him fixed. I worry about animals around here when it gets so cold as they certainly aren't used to it.

Office work and a little housework today.

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 09:09 AM

Buffy - a new set point is great!
That's one of the hardest things to train your body to do. :high5:

Stay safe!

Buffy45 02-01-2011 09:15 AM

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...nney2-1-11.jpg

My little granddaughter's first modeling job for JC Penney, in todays paper.

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffy45 (Post 14334393)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...nney2-1-11.jpg

My little granddaughter's first modeling job for JC Penney, in todays paper.

OMG!! how cute!!!

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 09:28 AM

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/lite/N0R/ILX_0.png

CarolynF 02-01-2011 10:50 AM

Hi ladies..

Still snowing and blowing..My dh stayed home and is doing some calls from home. One man started to work in his 4 wheel drive and couldn't see a thing on the road, so dh stayed home..

Beth has no work today as the UMKC is closed..But her bank dh had to go in..

Ava is a beauty...Those eyes are so gorgeous..:) May she have a great modeling career.

Mary Kay...You had a great year weight loss wise..Fabulous..Is it that spin class do you think??

and..Buffy..a new set point is fabulous. Hurray for you. $900 worth of skin care is fabulous..Is that a "great" brand do you think?

Sandy is probably glad she is away..Was she going to CA? I couldn't remember..Hope she is warm and toasty wherever she is.

My fun for the day: I did my Wii for 30 minutes, then I am watching Miss Marple on Netflix, drinking tea, and knitting..My idea of a perfect afternoon..

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 10:54 AM

Carolyn - what a wonderful day!!
Enjoy!

I wish I could do that.
there always seems to be something to do.
Today it's pickup, dust and vacuum the family room.

There are also lots of closets, cupboards etc that could stand to be cleaned out.
I'd love to just relax.

Maybe that's how I lost the weight! :rolleyes:

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 10:56 AM

The snow has started! http://bestsmileys.com/cold/9.gif

Buffy45 02-01-2011 12:04 PM

DGS 11 came to spend the night since they didn't have school today and may have a late start tomorrow. Always love having him here.

We think Ava is a real cuite. They don't care if she gets more modeling or not, just thought it would be fun to have them in some ads while they are little if they got any calls. And DD has the time to take them to the shoots, etc.

Obagi is a great skin care regimen for people with age spots, acne, or any kind of skin problem, it really addresses and clear those things up, sold in lots of dermatologist offices. I used it this fall to get rid of some age spots and I get lots of compliments on my skin, and now I just use it part of the time. You also use some retin a with it.

Carolyn, your afternoon sounds better than MK's, LOL.

TuscanGirl 02-01-2011 12:39 PM

Buffy - yes it does!

Power has been on and off for the last hour.
Please don't go out!! :aprayer:

I vacuumed the living room and got rid of all the clutter.
I still need to dust.
The towels can't get dry because the dryer keeps shutting off! :annoyed:

I'll have to look up Obagi!

Buffy45 02-01-2011 02:33 PM

Just very cold here for Dallas, blowing and some snowflakes. DGS just went outside but I doubt he stays too long.

Prayers that nobody's power goes out.

CarolynF 02-01-2011 03:09 PM

Oh...on the dryer..have you checked your hose? Sometimes the lint gets caught in there and heats the dryer up too much and will shut off..Been there, done that..:)

Me, too on the Obagi..I'm sure Dillard's doesn't sell it, right?

So far, so good on the power..

TuscanGirl 02-02-2011 05:32 AM

Morning!!

We survived the night!
DH was stuck at the end of our street and DD27 and DS18 had to push him out.
Now he's stuck in the driveway!
Once the sun comes up, we'll see if we can shovel out.
Because of course he has to go in today!
It isn't like the lights will go out if he stays home! :annoyed:

sjl330 02-02-2011 06:02 AM

Hola mis amigas!! I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I talked to my DD and we got 12" of snow at home. Yuck!!! A great time for us to be gone I'd say.

I'll try to check in again later. You all are doing great on your losses. I'm sure mine is "on the rise" now.

CarolynF 02-02-2011 07:38 AM

Hi ladies..

Sandy, you should have taken us with you..:) Glad you are having fun..and it is a great time to be gone. I'm sure your dh would have gone to work, like Mary Kay's dh..

My dh went this morning..He shoveled the driveway last night..I kept checking on him to
make sure he didn't have a heart attack or something. He is good at "resting" in between shoveling..The snow was light, so it wasn't horribly heavy.

I'm staying home cuz I don't think I could get the car back in the driveway once I got it out..No need to go out..I'm making chicken soup in the crockpot. I put a chunk of parmesan cheese in it for flavor. I think it was near the rind.

:) Stay safe everyone.

Buffy45 02-02-2011 08:22 AM

Morning.
Still iced in in Dallas. DGS got to spend the night as his school was cancelled again today, we watched and watched until we saw his school listed, then purchased a movie on pay per view and settled in and stayed up late :love:

I am supposed to take my car to the shop today but really don't want to drive on this ice so DH is going to try to reschedule it. Was going to also go to the SS office to sign up for social security but I think that office is closed. Most people around here that can, are working from home. The roads are really really bad, too bad your guys feel like they have to go in and many many people do.

boy, this is really throwing a wrench in all the Super Bowl plans and travel although by Sat. and Sun. the weather should be good.

Sandy, oh why, didn't you take us all along? :cool::cool::cool: Keep having a great time and no rush to come home to all of this.

Weight was down almost a lb this morning, I should take the best out of 2 and might go back and change that, encourage me for next month to go a little lower. Set point has definitely changed and man, it hung onto 210 like glue for so long.

Your chicken soup sounds good Carolyn, I should think of something to do in the crockpot, it is that kind of day. I am craving cottage cheese of all things and ate the last I had last night. Must trudge through ice and snow to Braum's for cottage cheese :laugh:

DGS wants the computer so will be back later to check on everyone.

TuscanGirl 02-02-2011 08:48 AM

After 2 1/2 hours of shoveling, DS18 and I cleared the driveway and sidewalk.
His car won't start, dead battery.
Sending DD27 and DS18 out there to jump his car.

DH, of course, went to work. :rolleyes:

I'm tired!

And yes, Sandy - you should have taken us with you!

Buffy45 02-02-2011 09:50 AM

Ok, went to the freezer and found a partly used bag of chicken wings that really needed to be used up, so they are now resting happily in the crock pots in hopes of becoming chicken and dumplings. Can you believe I have never made dumplings before? But, once I pull the meat off of the chicken and have a nice broth, I am going to try it.

MK, women can have heart attacks too, be careful you guys shoveling that sniow. But, great calorie burner.

CarolynF 02-02-2011 10:44 AM

Oh...I love crockpots..My soup is done, so I shut it off and then will refrigerate it
and take some out and heat it on the stove for dinner..Made it to work..The roads
are pretty clear or at least passable. Downtown is another story..

Oh..Dumplings??? Have fun with them, Buffy..There is a trick to them to keep them
fluffy and light..Not sure what it is, though. Search the "all knowing" net..:)

MK: Watch out for your back, girl..Dead batteries are not fun..:( Guess he needs to drive to get a new one. I've learned they never repair themselves..unfortunately.

I'm going to watch M. C. Beaton's male detective's DVD..Can't remember his name..Duh.
But I ordered a DVD from Netflix and it made it here in the snow yesterday. ..

TuscanGirl 02-02-2011 11:39 AM

Hamish McBeth?

CindyCRNA 02-02-2011 12:47 PM

I started shoveling the driveway. I worked probley about 3 1/2 hours but got 90% of it done. Here is 30 minutes of work. We had drifts in the driveway to my knees. I am exhausted!

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...011Hell001.jpg

CarolynF 02-02-2011 02:10 PM

Yup, Hamish McBeth..He is cast differently than I would think he would look like..Plus, I think the girlfriends are a bit different..LOL..

Our mail wasn't delivered because the mailtruck can't get close to the mailbox on the road. Cindy: Where is your car???

I wish we had a snowblower.

TuscanGirl 02-02-2011 02:14 PM

Cindy - I feel your pain. I ran out of places to put the snow, so some went into the street!

Carolyn - Yeah, Hamish wasn't how I pictured him either!

CarolynF 02-02-2011 02:16 PM

Thanks, MK..I pictured him with a roundish face..and dark hair and kinda clutzy..
More like a young Walter Matthau..but they didn't ask me.

TuscanGirl 02-02-2011 03:19 PM

I remember him having red hair - but now i don't remember much else.
But definitely more awkward!

CindyCRNA 02-02-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffy45 (Post 14335154)
Obagi is a great skin care regimen for people with age spots, acne, or any kind of skin problem, it really addresses and clear those things up, sold in lots of dermatologist offices. I used it this fall to get rid of some age spots and I get lots of compliments on my skin, and now I just use it part of the time. You also use some retin a with it.

That is what I use. I mix it with my Retin A. I use the "Blender" which is #5 or 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14335784)
Me, too on the Obagi..I'm sure Dillard's doesn't sell it, right?

You can buy parts of the Obagi line off e-bay but the one that contains hydroquinone is only at doctors offices. Not OTC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuscanGirl (Post 14339705)
Cindy - I feel your pain. I ran out of places to put the snow, so some went into the street!
!

That was the worst part! Well, that and 4 hours of back breaking work! It was to my knees in many parts. I'm not strong enough to fling the snow very far so we had 2 ledges of snow on each side of the driveway!

Buffy, your Grandaughter is adorable! How long does that take to get 2 babies looking the right way at the right time!!

TuscanGirl 02-02-2011 03:32 PM

No doctors anywhere around here carry Obagi!