Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   New Year, New You Challenge for January (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/703946-new-year-new-you-challenge-january.html)

CarolynF 12-31-2010 08:24 PM

New Year, New You Challenge for January

:)

TuscanGirl 01-01-2011 05:19 AM

Happy New Year !
(⁀‵⁀,) ✫✫✫
.`⋎✫✫.•*”˜˜”*•.✫
✫.•*”˜˜”*•.✫✫
.•*”˜˜”*•.✫✫✫

sjl330 01-01-2011 06:16 AM

Happy New Year!!

My Jan 1 weight is: 149.2. Up from Dec. 1 by 3.2#
So just still barely in my 145-150 bubble and less than last year on Jan 1 so a loss for the year but a gain for the month. If I hadn't buckled down in Nov. and lost that extra weight I'd been carrying around I'm positive my weight would've been pushing 155 or above today though. So I'm happy and look to the next year and take it day by day.

CarolynF 01-01-2011 06:47 AM

Hi ladies..

Happy New Year to you, too..:) I need to change my siggy to 153 this morning..It's okay.

I'm reading Gary Taubes new book Why We are Fat or something like that..LOL..It's all about insulin/carbs..It is an eye catching title and I might donate one to our little library
in town.

We instantly watched The Stoning of Sotomayer..Good grief, what a terrible story and makes you grateful to be in America, for sure.

I'm thinking we will all have a great month and lose that holiday weight..:) I need some stickies around the house.

Have a wonderful NYDay..:)

I guess Brett won't starve to death when he takes his new job at Schwan's..They make Tombstone and Tony's pizza. They have a place where they test some of the pizzas as they come out of the factory. They take a little
square out of the middle, bake it and test it. The rest of the pizzas are free for the taking. So, as he was going to Manhattan, his new boss gave him 8 frozen pizzas to take to the boys. Then in the lunch room, there is
always free pizza. I encourage him not to eat the crust if he is taking some home..LOL.

Buffy45 01-01-2011 09:03 AM

Happy New Year!!!!

Nov. 1 209.2
Dec. 1 209.2
Jan. 1 210.8

What is sad that I had lost some during December and it is all back from 1 week of stupid holiday eating. But, it was good, move on.

Cindy, walnut wine??? Hmmmm, there are tons of black walnut trees in that area, wonder if they are made from that.

Went to a party at DD#2 last night, several people brought the kids and DGS was home for it and I don't know who had the best time, the kids had a wonderful fun time and we all had a good time sharing New Years Eve with the kids. My body is telling me I stayed up and had some wine past midnight last night.

Our company left very very early this morning, I told them good-bye last night before bed.

Best wishes to you all for a very well and happy New Year for all of you and all of your families.

CarolynF 01-01-2011 09:47 AM

Buffy, but only a tiny bit over a pound is really good..Glad you had fun..:) I think kids get more excited about the NYear than adults do..

Got the tree down and thrown over the deck for the birds to hide in. It will make it down to the lake/pond for the fish to find shelter in later on.

sjl330 01-01-2011 10:24 AM

Got the tree down a couple days ago, today moved the furniture back where it all goes, vacuumed, swept, did some end of year organizing with Dad's financial info, showered and am now ready to relax. No hangover, feel great, and DH is making Texas Red Chili. DD and her DH are coming to share it with us. All is good with my world today. None of my kids or grandkids went out for NYE which is very unusual for all of us! We ended up staying home and didn't even cook dinner. We'd gone out earlier in the day with DD/DSIL and didn't get hungry again, so we just ate a little cheese ball and crackers and called it a night. I was up at midnight but DH was NOT. I woke him to tell him happy new year but he doesn't even remember me doing that, lol. I didn't fall asleep until about 1:30??? I watched a documentary on Lombardi and it was very interesting so I stayed awake.

Was that Stoning movie about the women in the Middle East? Or was it Sotomayer? We watched the one about the Mid East women a while back and yes, that one really makes you glad to live here.

CarolynF 01-01-2011 01:21 PM

LOL..It was the Middle East women, not the judge..LOL..yet. LOLOL..just kidding.

Dh had to laugh..my dd and her dh and their friend went to Gary's parent's farm in the middle of nowhere..We keep the house cuz Glen goes hunting, etc..I don't think that
farmhouse ever had champagne in it until last night..LOL

TuscanGirl 01-01-2011 08:25 PM

http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics...1/hc110101.gif

TuscanGirl 01-01-2011 08:34 PM

Actually, I took DD24 to St Louis today and put her on a plane :cry:

She'll be back again in May.
Sigh.

I'm going to try to get out there sometime this Spring . . . .

I'll weigh on Monday.

CarolynF 01-02-2011 06:40 AM

Hi ladies.

Oh..MKay..I know Brett will be leaving for Salina in a few weeks..:( It's good we love our kids, right? Spring in Colorado should be lovely..but it still can snow, so bring your skis..

Was down a pound..just sayin'

I'm really liking taking all my thyroid meds at once..No forgetting in the p.m. Have you tried this method yet?

Off to church..It's cold here..Must be winter.

TuscanGirl 01-02-2011 06:44 AM

So cold here too!

I think you need skis in CO until May!! :rolleyes:

But it's so exciting that Brett has a job, right!

CarolynF 01-02-2011 06:47 AM

Many peeps go out for March skiing..You really need to try cross country skiing sometime.It is so much fun and with all your spinning, you would be a "natural", MK..:)

Yes, even though it is a 6 month internship with a chance for permanent hiring, we are
excited. He still has the dog food people in the background, but no offer has come forth.
He liked the man at Schwan's..a chemical engineer from KU..40's..so that is important.

Love your cartoon, Mary Kay..

TuscanGirl 01-02-2011 06:51 AM

Thanks Carolyn!
We have XC skiing here - but i've never gone.
I'd need some warmer clothing - or at least snow pants!

An internship is the way everyone starts today - good thoughts for Brett!!

Buffy45 01-02-2011 07:39 AM

Morning.

Yes, my niece that just moved here is on a 5 month internship with hopes of an offer at the end. So, she will be living on very little until that hopefully comes through but it is a foot in the door. DD did find her the cutest little apartment though for $450, all bills paid, internet access and dish tv, so that helps a lot.

Going to go see my new grandbaby again this week. They didn't need me as much last week so we decided to put that off for this week and by now, I am dying to see him again.

This month is going to fly by, have my cruise coming up quickly.

Hello everybody. Cindy, how was the walnut wine? Sandy, you were a lot more productive than I was on New Year's Eve day.

CindyCRNA 01-02-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffy45 (Post 14222841)
Hello everybody. Cindy, how was the walnut wine?

Yucky!:sick: Tom and I both agreed but I have hopes for the rest. Some bottles won awards so we'll see.

TuscanGirl 01-02-2011 10:38 AM

:hiya:

TuscanGirl 01-02-2011 10:43 AM

Love this!!

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=4...e5e04f4a3d7f16

CarolynF 01-02-2011 12:57 PM

Hi gang,

I do think that internships are a very good way for both parties to know what is right for them..Buffy, what a deal..I think Brett can get something in Salina around that price, too.
Better than Chicago..;)

Buffy: Who are you cruising with??? Your kids are probably exhausted by now and would welcome some Mema relief..LOL..:) Pictures are always welcome, too, you know.

Cindy: If that was black walnut wine, I can understand the yuck. I did buy some walnut
oil once and it had a very distinct flavor..Oh..I've been meaning to ask if they ever found the person who killed your bf's sisterinlaw (?)..What a horrible thing..I hope I got that right.

Cute cartoon..Luckily, most of our kids have outgrown that stage..LOL

CindyCRNA 01-02-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14224044)
Hi gang,

I do think that internships are a very good way for both parties to know what is right for them..Buffy, what a deal..I think Brett can get something in Salina around that price, too.
Better than Chicago..;)

Buffy: Who are you cruising with??? Your kids are probably exhausted by now and would welcome some Mema relief..LOL..:) Pictures are always welcome, too, you know.

Cindy: If that was black walnut wine, I can understand the yuck. I did buy some walnut
oil once and it had a very distinct flavor..Oh..I've been meaning to ask if they ever found the person who killed your bf's sisterinlaw (?)..What a horrible thing..I hope I got that right.

Cute cartoon..Luckily, most of our kids have outgrown that stage..LOL

They have someone in custody now who had some of her possessions on him and a history of violent home invasions, almost the same MO so it looks like they have the right guy but he ain't admitting nottin'!

sjl330 01-02-2011 03:56 PM

I was NOT productive today at all. I went to church and out to eat. That's all folks, lol.

I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day. My DH has been off since the Tues. before Christmas and I feel like it's been one long, loooonnnnngggggg weekend. It's been nice but I need to get my routine back.

I'm still fighting leftovers of my cold too. Ugh.

CarolynF 01-02-2011 06:35 PM

Cindy: Glad that guy is off the streets, at least..and hope he is the right one..

I think all the holidays have been rather funny and days seem all mixed up. It will be good to get back to normal..(whatever that is).

TuscanGirl 01-02-2011 06:46 PM

Normal?! :dunno:

TuscanGirl 01-03-2011 05:10 AM

Morning!

minimonkey 01-03-2011 05:14 AM

Hi, Tuscan! It's been a long time... glad to see you!!!!!!!!! I haven't posted here in ages.

Buffy45 01-03-2011 06:48 AM

Morning!

Just a quick hello and goodbye for a few days.

Cruising with my sister and 4 other women I haven't met and I love meeting new people, so it will be fun. DS knows most of them.

Internships are a good foot in the door but also lousy pay, or at least in my niece's situation, but hopefully it is a good fit for all and the regular position will pay better.

I am ready for all the holiday to be done and a normal, whatever that is, routine again too.

TuscanGirl 01-03-2011 09:06 AM

Home from the gym - now a shower and get started on the day!
Since the laundry fairy didn't show up AGAIN today . . . . I'll have to do that too! :p
It's about 35 here and sunny - but no wind! It almost feels balmy!! :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimonkey (Post 14225956)
Hi, Tuscan! It's been a long time... glad to see you!!!!!!!!! I haven't posted here in ages.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! WHERE have you been!!!!

Come back to the Shorties too!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffy45 (Post 14226308)

Just a quick hello and goodbye for a few days.

Have a great time!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/4.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffy45 (Post 14226308)
Internships are a good foot in the door but also lousy pay, or at least in my niece's situation, but hopefully it is a good fit for all and the regular position will pay better.

And sometimes no pay at all!! :annoyed:

I weighed this morning.
That means I gained 3 lbs in December! :annoyed:

OK - here we go!

CarolynF 01-03-2011 09:13 AM

Good morning all..

Cold here..I didn't exercise yet..Had my chiro appointment..

Yup..the internship pay is okay, but about half of what he would get a real engineer..
However, since he has no loans, etc.., he won't have to worry that much about rent, etc.

That cruise sounds like lots of fun..I get sort of seasick on boats so I am askeered to
take a cruise..:(

Mini: Please post here..We love new friends..:)

Here we go is right...Back on track for sure..

It is a huge laundry day for me..All day chained to the machine..LOL.

TuscanGirl 01-03-2011 09:16 AM

You could always get a patch - that takes care of seasickness!!

CarolynF 01-03-2011 01:08 PM

Oh..a patch does sound like a cure..:) I would have to practice on a small boat, I think..LOL.