Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Hello dear peeps,

Whew, too much, EVERYTHING! I am tired, I am full of junk food, my house is messy and I just want to sit in my recliner, so might just do that and hit it hard tomorrow.

DD#2 has an Ipad and loves it. If I traveled more I would definitely get one but for now, my Iphone does what I need while traveling.

Little ones were here last evening along with DGS 11. Had a great time.

Prayers for everyone traveling, especially back east. My SIL's parents were supposed to fly in yesterday from Buffalo and their flight was cancelled so they have to make the 2 hour trip back to their home in Canada and now are coming on Wed.

BBL

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I'm tired, too..Think I will sleep in tomorrow..Then go exercise. Dh will be landing in Boston in a little while..Hope the plane doesn't slip off the runway.. He is staying at the airport instead of driving 40 miles somewhere and his customer is picking him up.

I threw away the Merry Christmas carrot cake (1/2 left), the "candy" is gone with Beth
for her KU friends reunion, potatoes are with Beth, the chocolate pecan cake is still
in the fridge, but I'm done with that..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #243
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Is it possible I was a little hung over this morning??

I went to Springfield to shop with DD24, but couldn't have made it to spin like I wanted.
Headache, icky stomach . . . kept getting too warm . . . .

Anyway, I'm better now - been drinking lots of water.
Maybe I've just been eating so poorly that it finally caught up with me!

I bought a couple of sweaters at Limited ~

And now I'm home for the night.
Early to bed and up tomorrow for circuit class!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #244
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - did DH come home?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #245

Love those sweaters with the little insets..

Dh has a business meeting tomorrow near Boston. He got there alright, but he has to rent a car and drive to find a close hotel. All the airport ones are full..and he forgot his
GPS.. Oh well..he will make it.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #246

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Carolyn, I don't think I download from Amazon. I think that's Kindle. I do download free books from Kansas library which is cool. And I can download from B & Noble. I already got a free ebook from them too which is cool. I don't know how often they do that but I'll take them, that's for sure.

I'm eating everything I'm not supposed to and hating myself for doing it. But still doing it so ?????? We're going to try the visit to the in-laws again tomorrow and tomorrow evening my sister and her DH are supposed to be here so I'll probably have to have dinner with them. I'm torn about that one. I'm still dealing with some leftover bad feelings from the whole situation when my mom passed away. I think I'm over it and then have to face it and realize I'm not as "over" it as I thought. Ugh. Life!! Sometimes it's just hard, right?

I hope Gary is safe and sound in Boston. What an adventure!! Not one I envy, but still an adventure, lol.

We went to see True Grit today. Not bad but not my top pick either.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #247

Hi guys..

Dh made it to a hotel safely. Driving around Boston is scary enough without a whole bunch of snow in the way..LOL.

I think there can be real anger when sisters/brothers don't pull their weight in taking care of ill parents or concerned about them. It is a very touchy thing, I think..I hope
you can enjoy tomorrow a little bit at least. Think of it as a "mission" project..
Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #248

That's what I'm doing Carolyn. It's the only way I think I can make it through the day. And the evening too. I'll be glad for Wed. to get here, lol. Lord help me, please!!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 AM   #249
Princess Proofreader

Morning all!

Sandy - Be brave!

Carolyn - I'm glad DH made it! And i didn't buy the inserts - just the sweaters!
There are lots of pretty colors though!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,
Yep, the leftovers that DH won't eat are going down the disposal this morning. Back to healthy eating, I feel so much better. Scale shows a 4 lb gain for 3 days of junk eating, geez. I know that isn't all real weight gain, but I still hate to see it. I have to say though, when I was younger this binge would go on for much, much longer. I can control it better now and cut it off quicker.

MK, those sweaters must be magic, they make you look so different? Did you buy them from Frosty the Snowman perhaps? Just kidding, I know you look as lovely in them as the model and they are pretty. One of my friends hit the sales on Sunday and got some great buys but I don't need any winter things so I didn't even go look. I just hope Chico's or some place has some capris out by the 2nd week in Jan. as I need a few things for my cruise. May have to get by with what I put away last fall but it is always fun to take a few new things.

Carolyn, glad Gary made it to Boston and his hotel safe and sound. My GPS travels with me too and it is such a lifesaver, doesn't bother me to go into different cities with that thing in my car or luggage.

Sandy, hope things go well with your sister and BIL. I am very very close to my brother and one of my sisters, the other one rubs me the wrong way at times but I try to not let it show, just her personality. She can seem so detached at times from the rest of us and I get kind of irritated with her now that my brother is in the situation he is. She lives less than 2 hours from where he is but visits and calls the least. Well, she visits more but not nearly as much as I wish she would. today is moving day for DB, moving him to a nursing home in Maryville, MO for those of you in the KC area, I am sure you know where that is. It will be handier for me to fly into KC and drive to Maryville, well, not handier but the flights are better priced from Dallas to KC than to Omaha. He will at least have a private room again but is so sad because his wife won't let him come home.

I was going to go to my son's today to help out for a couple of days with my new grandbaby but we decided to wait and do it next week because DS has to go back to work next Monday and she might need my help more then.

Relatives coming Thurs. so must get laundry done, the house spruced up and a little office work done that has to be in by the end of the year.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #251

Hi gang..

Praying that Sandy can get through the "relative" day..

Brett has his final phone interview (whatever that means) with the internship job for
Schwann's at 3 today..Pray for God's will in this one, please...

Oh..Buffy, why is your db in Maryville? Was that the best place to be??? Hey, we need to make a KCity connection if you come that way..That would be so much fun..

I love those colors, too. They will look good with black pants, MK..

I'm doing the laundry, too.. Dishes and laundry are so daily..
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #252

Brett had the phone interview that lasted an hour.. He will hear if they want him to travel to Salina for a face to face the end of the week..Crossing fingers..He thought it went very well.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #253
Princess Proofreader

Still making the most of having DD24 home!
Went to TJ Maxx and Panera with her today, as well as the gym!

Carolyn - good luck to Brett!!!

Buffy - I hope your DB gets settled soon!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #254

MK: So nice to have your CO DD home with you..

I made some LC brownies..for my breakfast..
Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #255
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Yum!!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #256
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:

The black bean?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #257

No, I should have made the black bean ones..I made Maria's cookies with the bag of SF chocolate chips, etc..and made them into brownies. Next time I am making the bean ones..

Oh..my sisterinlaw gave me a LCish carrot bar recipe. She has 2 for breakfast..She is very thin.

Protein Carrot Bars:
2 squares equal 94 calories/1.25 gram fat/10 grams carbs/10 grams protein

1 cup oat flour
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. nutmeg and cloves
3/4 cup Splenda
3 egg whites
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 4 ounce baby food carrots
2 scoops vanilla whey powder

Mix dry ingredients separately and liquid separately, then combine together..
Pour into 8 x 8 greased pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cut into
16 squares.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #258

Hi all, This has def been a relative day! And it went quite well "relatively" speaking, lolol. My brother and his wife came to dinner so that made it easier to be with my sister. Things were more "spread out" so we didn't focus on just one area or topic of conversation. That helped a LOT. And the visit with the in-laws went pretty well too. My DFIL bragged to everybody who would listen about all the wonderful food I made to take down. Which is a giant switch from how he used to react when I brought dinner! So anyway, he was happy with a good meal. My MIL wasn't feeling very well I don't think, but she did eat a bit. She was asleep when we got there and was going back down for a nap when we left.....I think she does that a lot. DFIL still griped about the food but is happy with everything else, so I guess that's good. DH and I are both glad that visit is over for the holidays.

I think I've been to Maryville. I think DH bought a piece of equipment up there once. And yes, we do have to make a KC connection sometime for sure. I hope your brother settles in easily Buffy.
\
Best of luck to Brett!!

Anybody have big NYE's plans? We don't. Probably dinner, maybe a movie. Not real lively around here, lol.

I feel like I'm stuck at fa la la la and need to move on to Auld Lang Syne. Or better yet, right on into the new year.

Last edited by sjl330; 12-28-2010 at 06:44 PM..
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #259

Hi..

So glad you made it through the dinner..It helps to have others to "dilute" the conversation. I'm sure your finlaw loved your food..How nice of you to bring real
food to them. They probably "could" call out for a pizza once in a while, couldn't they?

Hmm..NYE?? Gary will be home by then and probably exhausted from slogging through
the snow in New England. He did buy some winter boots at Cabello's ?? before he left.

I got an Active Fit 2 for my Wii from Brett..Have to hitch it up tomorrow..
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, busy days for everyone. Sandy, glad the visit went well. MK, I know you are loving having your kids around.

Well wishes for Brett's results.

Well, I started off the day fine but fell off the wagon this afternoon, but most all of the junk is gone now and I froze one of the pies.

DB went to this last place in Omaha for 30 days of rehab, then had to move on again, his wife is trying to get all the care she can get out of medicare but it runs out and you have to move, hopefully this place will work out and be for a longer time. What is sooo sad is that he could go home but she refuses to do it, she would have to get some help but it could be done. She says she won't risk him having another manic high like he did before this mess all started and she had him admitted to the pysch ward in Sept., but I think that is only part of the story. She really doesn't want him back home, remember, the marriage is a really bad one, so this was her opportunity to get him in a nursing home and she has all the control, and, the 2 kids are backing her 100% so no lawyer in the world could beat what they have sat up, especially with the Dr. reports that are now in his file. but, he seems to be on the right meds now and I think he would be ok at home, I don't expect her to do all the work of caring for him, she would need help with that but it wouldn't cost her any more than a nursing home and he could be at home for what time he has left. It is very sad.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #261

Buffy: It is pretty sad. My minlaw wanted her dh to go to a nursing home because she couldn't take care of him. They were in the country and they didn't want outside help.
It was rather sad, but that was her choice. She couldn't lift him when he fell, etc..
Maybe your brother will have more peace in the nursing home and meet some nice lady
there....just for conversation, I mean.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
Have appt. this morning and then 2-3 things to return to stores from before Christmas. So, kind of a light easy day. Glad to have that.

For Pete's sake, it is supposed to be in the 70's here tomorrow, no wonder everyone here is having sinus and allergy problems, cold for a few days, then a burst of warm weather, then another cold front. It will be the day we help move our niece into her new apartment though, so that will be nice for that.

Baby and Mommy are doing well, it will be 2 weeks tomororow night.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #263
Princess Proofreader

I'll take the 70's!!!

Off to spin class with DD24 and then she's spending the day with a friend from Indy - they're meeting in Champaign.
Yay for her - *pout* for me!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #264

Hi ladies.

Okay, I am trying to take my new Canadian thyroid meds differently..I take 180 mcg..
or 3 pills..In the past I was splitting them, but today I took all three at once. I do feel
awake for once. Maybe this is the answer for me.. I will see how I feel at 4 p.m.

Mema: We need baby Oliver pics, please..

MK: It is nice your dd can see her friend, but I know that you will miss all that precious
time with her.

From Fb, looks like my dd slipped and twisted an ankle at her KU dorm reunion.. Ouchie.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #265
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Hi ladies.

Okay, I am trying to take my new Canadian thyroid meds differently..I take 180 mcg..
or 3 pills..In the past I was splitting them, but today I took all three at once. I do feel
awake for once. Maybe this is the answer for me.. I will see how I feel at 4 p.m.
Yes, that will be the downside. Let us know if all at one time works well for you.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #266

Cindy: I am still pretty peppy and it is 4 pm...LOL. I don't think I had much caffeine today either..The ERFA doctor recommended that a person take all his meds at once because he said that T3's 1/2 life is one day and T4's 1/2 life is 3-4 days. Does this make sense to you?

Hey...the Schwan's peeps called and offered Brett the internship.. He is heading to Salina tomorrow to check out the pizza factory, then overnight with friends in Manhattan (an hour away), then back to Salina to look at apartments on Friday. The dog food peeps were checking his references..So who knows? He is excited about Schwan's, though..

Thanks for your prayers.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #267

P. S. They ran out of pilots in Boston, so dh has to spend the night in a hotel there..
Old 12-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #268
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - congrats to Brett!!
At least he has a place to start!!

I'm glad your meds are working!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #269

That's interesting Carolyn, about the thyroid. I'll be curious to see how you do with that. And to hear Cindy's input as well.

Pizza......my in-laws would NEVER eat pizza. I don't believe I've ever seen them eat pizza, ever! But yes, I'm sure they could do that IF they would eat it. They're farm folk and like real farm food, lol. Pizza would be considered a city food to them, lol.

Poor Gary...I hope he makes it home in time for New Year's.

Woohooo for Brett!! My DDIL orders from Schwann all the time! My cousin's little boy used to say, "Mom, the Duck Truck is here", lol. I hope it's a good fit for him.

MK, How much longer will DD24 be home? I know it's hard to share them when you have so little time with them.

Buffy, I've gotten on and fell off that wagon so many times the last couple weeks that I'm sure I'm full of bruises. High carb ones!!

I'm going to see Black Swan tonight with DD, DGD and her friend. And maybe my BFF too.

We're supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow and then back in the deep freeze Friday. And I'm still struggling with my cold/sinus illness.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #270
Princess Proofreader

I REALLY want to see Black Swan!!

DD24 leaves Saturday and I won't see her again until Easter - unless I can get out there!