Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
If you have some Crystal Light drink it mixes well with it too.

We're off to a holiday get together with friends and family. These are friends we've had since jr. high and high school so they're just like family to our family. We try to at least get together during Dec each year. Sometimes we don't make it until Jan. though.

Tomorrow I just want to REST!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #32

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh..Sandy, sounds like fun... Hope you can sleep in tomorrow.

We have to get the tree now that Gary and the pickup are back.. KSU plays at 10 pm,
Pacific Time..so it will be a later night for all..

We washed the cat today..He didn't like us drying him, so he was pretty soggy until about 4 p.m. Now he is feels better..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #33
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I have never washed my cats!
How do you do that?
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning

Very carefully with most cats MK! I have done it but cats don't tend to like it. I do have a neighbor though who gives her cats regular baths, she starts them out doing it as kittens though so they are used to it.

Beautiful morning here but we are supposed to get that cold front by about noon, but nothing but cold so that is ok.

DB got moved into the new nursing/rehab center and is doing ok settling in. They seem to have the right combination of meds right now, so hope they continue to work. SIL brought his favorite chair and some things from home so that helps. I can relax now that I know he is somewhat content.

Plan on just working around the house today, but, DD was planning on a surprise birthday party tomorrow for DGS 10 and she didn't feel good yesterday, so thinking I might have to go pick up the supplies, etc.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #35
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I have never washed my cats!
How do you do that?
Oh, I have washed all my cats since they were kittens. I never wash their head, it's too traumatizing and wear something you can get soaked. Sometimes with Rose, who is old and arthritic , I will just strip down and sit in the tube with her as there is a good sprayer hose there. I warm towels in the dryer and try to dry them as well as possible. The I blow dry their body as much as possible so they don't get cold. With the girls being old, I only do this in the summer so the house isn't cold. And I use a light rinse of cream rinse. Makes them smell pretty!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #36

When I give Bailey a bath/shower I usually just strip down and get it with her as well. It makes it so much easier since I end up wet too. Then I pass her off to DH to dry while I finish my shower. American Eskimo dogs don't need bathed very often as they don't have an odor and they have "self cleaning" fur. Which is nice since they have SO MUCH of it.

We had a great time last night and I did get to sleep in until about 9:00 which was nice. Today I have to drink lots of water to flush my system out good. I made great food choice but did have a few cocktails that need to be washed away, lol.

Good news on your DB Buffy. I'm sure that's a big relief for you. The party sounds like great fun.

Carolyn, do you get a real tree? I put up my art. tree Monday b/c I knew I was going to get super busy and I didn't want that hanging over my head. I'm getting pretty bah humbug about the tree as I get older, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #37
Princess Proofreader

You all are so brave!
I just assume my cats are self-cleaning!

Buffy - that's great about DB.
Deep breaths now!

My thumb hurts! I changed the bandage this morning and thought I would pass out - it was a little stuck to it!

*wimp*
Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #38

Hi ladies..

LOL..Okay this is how Alex gets a bath..Fill the bathtub up with warm water..Maybe 4 inches. Then put Alex in and scoop water over him with a plastic pitcher..(no face).
Then put the cat shampoo on him and suds him up. Then rinse him off with the water
from the tub..Try to dry him off with the towels..but he is not very cooperative..
Oh..cream rinse sounds very fancy, Cindy..

MK: I feel your thumb...honestly..I sliced my finger once with the top of a cat food can I thought I would die..

Buffy: Glad your brother got changed and so glad he is getting his meds balanced..

Sandy: I got a book on the healing virtues of vinegar..Honestly, it does everything...especially weight loss (they say)..I bought some ACV pills to use when I am
going to eat out and can't take the vinegar drink.. The book said to brush teeth or
rinse with water after drinking the vinegar cocktail..LOL.

Yes, we always get a real tree..Its in the garage in the back of the pickup..Tomorrow will be setting up day. You have to make a fresh cut (even cut..LOL), so the water
can be absorbed.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #39
Princess Proofreader

how much vinegar are you supposed to take a day?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #40

Well, I think up to 3 Tbs. a day..But this author uses alot of vinegar in her food..
Marinated veggies with vinegar, etc.. It is supposed to clear up alot of things..LOL.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #41

I have to share this darling video..

Old 12-05-2010, 06:07 AM   #42

Good morning all.. 27 here going up to 45..LOL..

After church it is tree day..Brett is moving his boxes into another room we don't use much so his sister can have her bed back at Christmas..LOL..Hopefully it will fit.

Anyone watch the OU/Nebraska game last night? It was soooo close..We were slightly
glad that OU won cuz Nebraska decided to leave the Big 12, which made a few problems for Kansas teams, but it will all work out.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #43

I take between 4-6 T. a day of the ACV and then about 2-4 oz of the AVJ. I need to look for a book telling all of its many benefits.

It's only 20 here this a.m. Carolyn. Brrrr!!! I am NOT ready for winter. NO, NO, NO!!

MK, I hope your thumb is doing better. If it's still real sore you might try a soak in vinegar, salt and water as hot as you can stand it. It really is miraculous how it draws the soreness right out of a wound. A hairdresser of mine shared this with me back in the mid 70s and it made a believer out of me for life. Now I smile when I hear my kids tell their kids or friends, "soak it in vinegar, salt and water". It really works.

I changed channels right at the end of the game. I didn't really care who won at that point and it seemed to be dragging along. We hadn't watched it from the beginning. I didn't really care who won but Carolyn, you're right about Neb. So I guess I'm glad OU won too even though our family has a long standing rivalry going on between OK teams and KS teams.

Not much planned for today. Church first then ???? I've got another busy week coming up. I like being busy but not over-busy which is how I felt last week and looks like I will this week too. Ugh.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #44

It's always colder up north, Sandy..We felt the same way about the game cuz we don't
care for OU either, but at least they stayed in the Big 12 (or 10 or 11)..
You can find the benefits on a google search, I think.

Yes, MK, I hope your thumb is better today..Just don't bang it on anything...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning gals.

We are going to look for a new tree on Tuesday, a smaller prelit tree.

MK, ouch on your poor thumb, the vinegar soak sounds good. Amazing how many wonderful home remedies there are that few people know about anymore.

Love the video Carolyn and I watched several other cute ones after that.

Got everything gathered up that needed to be returned yesterday, found the receipts and made a list so that I can get things returned this week. I always seem to have a pile of things to be returned, guess that means I shop too much.

DGS's surprise birthday party at 5:00. His birthday isn't until Thurs. and he has never had a surprise one before, so he will be quite surprised I am sure.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #46
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Thanks for the advice.

it's better today, so i just rebandaged and hopefully the healing will begin.
it's still a good excuse not to clean the bathrooms though!

LOVE the video!!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #47

tapping foot waiting for Gary to put the tree up..

Glad your thumb is better, MKay.

I got some ACV pills and took one before lunch..I tested my bsugar later and it was about 80..It hasn't been 80 for a long time...hmmm..I got them at GNC.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, ladies..I love it when animals sing..
Old 12-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #48

Oh...just ordered my Christmas present...Long down coat in raspberry from LLBeans.
I love long coats (in petite for us shorties)..and it has to be machine washable..Merry
Christmas to me....from dh.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #49
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Oh...just ordered my Christmas present...Long down coat in raspberry from LLBeans.
I love long coats (in petite for us shorties)..and it has to be machine washable..Merry
Christmas to me....from dh.

Braved the mall today!

We picked a name off the tree at church for a developmentally disabled guy - so shopping for him today as well as a few odds and ends.
When the Amazon orders get here, I'll have to figure out what i actually have for everyone!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #50

I like long coats too when it's cold and blowing. Otherwise, I just like a nice, lightweight quilted nylon jacket or my leather jacket. I get hot very easily.

I think I'm getting a Nook from Santa. As soon as I go pick it up, lolol. I want to save poor Santa the trip. He has such a lot to do this year, lolol. I'm torn whether to get one or not. I did find that I can download books from my library onto the Nook so that's a good deal. And you can lend from friends with a Nook and loan to friends too so that's a good feature. I just want to make sure it's something I'll really use, not just another gadget.

Cindy, I keep forgetting to tell you we loved the Fiber Gourmet pasta you gave me. I found some more at a local HyVee and we had it again today. Thanks! And I love the miso Caesar dressing too! I'm still enjoying all the goodies.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #51

I love Amazon, too..Beth wrote her wish list on their..makes it very easy for shopping.

Oh..Sandy, have fun with your Nook.. If you can download free books, that's a good deal. Although, something about holding a real book is always nice to me..
Old 12-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #52

I'm so used to listening to them now I'm a little worried about actually reading actual printed material, lol. Although I have 3 different ones going right now.

I'm almost done with a wonderful book by Francine Rivers. It's called Lineage of Grace and it's 5 stories about 5 women in Biblical history from Jesus' lineage. Very interesting and a great read.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #53
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

It's 12° here this morning.
High of only 22°!
I'm ready to move somewhere warm!!

Sandy - a Nook would be fun!! And that's so thoughtful of you to help out Santa!!
The book sounds good too! have you read The Red Tent?

Carolyn - DD24 did an Amazon wish list this year too! I've told all the other kids about it. It made it so easy!!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #54

No MK, I haven't read that one. I'll look it up. Thanks.

And thanks for the Amazon wish list idea too. My DD is bugging me about what I want. Maybe I can help her our through Amazon.

It's cold here too. It's now up to 20* but not supposed to get much warmer. Brrrrrr.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Haven't been outside yet but it is nice and sunny. Says 34 out.

Is the Nook like a Kindle? I am reading House Rules right now, very interesting to me since I 10YO DGS has Aspergers. Will look up The Red Tent and the one you are reading Sandy. I used to devour books like DD#1 does but afraid now I don't read as much. I used to read at bedtime, now I set the timer on the tv, which isn't nearly as good for me, I know.

Busy week ahead as I know it is for everyone but today I am home, so want to get things done around here and some cooking done. Think I will make the crustless pumpkin pie, wow, no bargains on pumpkin this year is there.

Went to DD#3 for DGS 11th birthday surprise party last night. The triplets, 4, were there, plus DGS 2 and DGD 11 months, uh, it was pretty crazy, loud and hectic, LOL. Whew, love them all but was glad to get out of there, hahaha. DGS was very pleased that the family had a surprise for him though.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #56

Good morning..

Got straightened out at my chiro, then exercised..

The thing I love about listening to books is that I can do other things while I am listening as opposed to sitting down and reading..I do the book reading in bed before I go to sleep.

Amazon has many kitchen things, too as well as tons of different things..You make a wish list then make it public to those who you want to view it by giving them your
name or password..It's so easy..

How fun Buffy to have all those little ones there..

3 luncheon things today..One is our Bible Study class at an old Victorian home that Suzie decorated for a Christmas housewalk..Should be beautiful. It's a 4 floor home..But,
we bring a sack lunch, so I'll pick up a salad from McD's.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG Carolyn, I LOVE those old Victorian houses, 4 floors, I just imagine such an elegant family building that and living there. How on earth do they afford to heat and cool it in today's world? I would love to have that kind of room though. I love all the woodwork, the little nooks and crannies, the big windows, I always wanted to live in one. My sister lived in one that wasn't huge but was a 2 story with basement, her DH's family built it in 1905, it had 1 bedroom down, 4 up and a wide stairway off a foyer at the front of the house and a narrow stairway off the kitchen. Wrap around porch, it was pretty neat for a farmhouse. Had a bathroom with the original claw footed tub.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #58
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Braved the mall today!
I brave the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Cindy, I keep forgetting to tell you we loved the Fiber Gourmet pasta you gave me. I found some more at a local HyVee and we had it again today. Thanks! And I love the miso Caesar dressing too! I'm still enjoying all the goodies.
I love the Fiber Gourmet! I usually just order it with my Netrition order. And the Miso is the best 14 calorie dressing I have ever had!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I have to share this darling video..

[/url]
OMG, Carolyn, that was so cute! I have to show that to the BF when he gets home. He will love it!! Thanks
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #59
Princess Proofreader

So cold here!
We're supposed to be about 45 - no clue where these 20's have come from!
Brrrrrr

Lovely Christmas luncheon though, then a few errands and a cold dog walk.
I'm in for the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I brave the internet!

Usually me too!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #60
Princess Proofreader

Starbucks is having the 12 Days of Christmas, with good sales every day.
Yesterday i bought a great thermal cup for almost 1/2 off and it actually keeps my coffee warm until I finish it!