Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #271
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Exactly!
The 2nd job is easier!!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang..

I'm slowing dropping the turkey weight..LOL..Have to have blood drawn at 9, so I am fasting..I am hungry. I started doing the ACV with meals and think my food digests
better.. Are you still ACVing it, Sandy??

Well, Brett has his interview at 10 this morning. Hopefully, he can tie his tie right..Dh has showed him several times..LOL..I told him to look on the internet if he is having
problems as I will be gone.. I do think they might want a more experienced person, but
all interviews are good experiences.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #273
Princess Proofreader

You could tie it before you leave and he could slip it on later . . . .
Old 11-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Santa's little shrinkers is great and if we all gain, we will change it to Santa's little stinkers!!!

Sending Brett good thoughts and well wishes on his interview and you are right, they are all good to gain experience.

Our niece did get the job here in Dallas, she starts on Jan. 5th. The kicker to this one is that it is for a low paying "intern" position and if they are happy with her, after 3-5 months they "might" offer her a regular position. I think the current job market allows companies to somewhat take advantage of people but she is just happy to have landed something in her field and she is very excited to be moving from a small town in Iowa to the big city of Dallas . I assume her parents will help her out some until she starts earning more. She wants to get her own place but I am sure she will stay with us a little bit until she can get settled in. DD and SIL are going to help her look for a place since they both lived and worked in the downtown Dallas area for years.

I called my brother yesterday, hadn't talked to him since Friday night and it was like talking to a different person! They had changed his meds, which the family had asked them to do, but we thought they just kind of blew us off. I don't know if it is that, or he was having a great day, but he was not nearly as angry or agitated as he has been. Of course, he still thinks he is going home when he leaves there, I am so sad that he will have to finally accept that is not the case, at least for now and probably never. I looked up one of the drugs they changed him to and it does have some serious side effects but you have to weigh things at this stage and think quality of life. I hate to see him so angry and upset all the time.

Still working through all the stuff that piled up on my desk while I was gone but making good progress.

Think it is time to toss the rest of the turkey I brought home from DD's house, I am always afraid to keep leftover turkey too long and I didn't get any put in the freezer. She had used a brine on it this year and it certainly was good and very moist.

We are having beautiful fall weather here, how bout in your neck of the woods?? , can't remember who says that on tv, but one of the morning guys do....
Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #275

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
It was actually snowing here this morning for a little while. Just enough to blow around on my deck for a few minutes. Ugh!! I'm not looking forward to that.

I have to fast in the a.m. for my blood draw Carolyn. And yes, I'm still ACVing it and also taking AVJ in the evening. It all seems to helping as I haven't changed my eating. Still high fat and coffee, lol.

Buffy, great news for your niece!! Good luck for Brett this a.m. too. The job market is still very bleak for the young kids especially. Thank goodness they have families who can help.

I'm off for a massage this a.m. so I'll check back later.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #276

Hi gang,

Brett was at his interview for about 2 hours plus, so that is good..He thought it went well.There are 4 peeps in contention for the job..They need another engineer who would work under the main engineer..Hopefully, he will be called back for a second interview with the CEO the end of this week or next week. They fix parts of airplane engines..???
I know about 6 people who work out there and really like it..

Buffy: Good for your niece..Companies are really funky with the "intern" jobs and trying you out, etc. I'm sure she will do great and have a foot in the door and that precious
experience. Glad your brother is doing better and hopefully on the right meds.

Sandy: Glad your ACV/AVJ is working..The juice is supposed to soothe things, so maybe it is soothing your throat..

MK: LOL..He keeps it tied around the hanger..All set to go in an emergency..LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Had good news today. My DB called and said that he was going to get out the end of the week but unfortunately, the doctors had told him that he was going to be moved to a rehab center for a month and "he was ok with that"!!!!! I couldn't believe it. The new combination of meds is doing wonders I guess, oh you can't believe the stress this has taken off my shoulders.
Picked DGS 10 up from school, went for his allergy shot and to an early dinner, as always, enjoyed the time with my boy.
Got a little Christmas shopping done, Kohl's had Fisher Price toys 50% off with an additional 15% off for seniors, one advantage of the golden years!!!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #278
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - that's great!!

Carolyn - too funny about the tie!
Glad the interview went well!!

Sandy - wow! I'm NOT ready for snow!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #279

Yeah, for the correct medication.. I hope your dear brother gets stabilized for good.

It's going to be cold here...Flannel sheets???

Akk...December 1 is tomorrow..Starting Santa's Little Shrinkers now.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 AM   #280
Princess Proofreader

So is weigh-in today?
I don't think I'm ready!!??!!