Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #151
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Gettingthinner: That bark is deadly and very easy to overeat..(been there, done that).
Oh, yes, I was in my "ketogenic phase" and actually gained weight on these little things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
Morning gals! Up to 9 miners out, God bless them!

Am down 3#s since Sat, in my little HHCG experiment. Since I was already under 20 carbs Im thinking this has got to represent fat losses and not water. My initial feelings are I have greatly reduced hunger and cravings due to the HHCG which may be how it works? All I know is being on 2 types of insulin, releasing fat had become a tad difficult.
Yeah, Suzy!! How many calories a day are you doing?

MK!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #152
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
To Buffy!!

TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #153
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - see above!!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Cindy, I am calorie cycling. 1500 some days, 800 the next, up and down to switch things up. I can do very low calorie if it isnt 2 days in a row! LOL

Last edited by susique333; 10-15-2010 at 05:37 AM..
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
to me! 65, wow, I am sitting here in awe that I have lived on this beautiful earth for 65 years. Counting my blessings of family and friends, living in America, wow.

Just going to take it easy today and DH is taking me out to dinner tonight, we haven't decided where to go yet.

Have a great day everyone, eat cake if you want, or dare
Happy birthday!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, since I so shamelessly told you all it was my birthday . Wow, you get so brave when you get older, but that's a good thing, life it about happiness and enjoyment, along with many other important things
My setpoint for so many months seemed to be 210 and I would get below it once in awhile but it usually went back to 210. Now, I keep seeing 208.8 and today, 208.6. That isn't much but the fact that I am seeing it often tells me that maybe I am finally working below that 210. And, I have to be careful and not think too much about it, if I start trying to work it on down, all I think about is food and I upset the apple cart.
Had a nice birthday, worked around the house, a little in the office and a little rearranging things in my bathroom, then DH took me out for dinner at a new place, or new to me, which was so good, but even though we split the entree, we both came home over full and felt the food was so rich, we just don't eat rich food like that these days and we both eat pretty light. But, it was a nice treat and nice atmosphere.
DB got moved earlier this week to a care center in Omaha, Susie, it is called Parson's House, it is way out west on Maple, you may have heard of it. He seemed to think it was ok when I talked to him after the move. Finally got through to his case worker and she said the final testing showed him as bi-polar and demetia. So, he is in the memory unit there but I also talked to his Dr. and he said mentally, he probably could have gone into the assisted living area, they just didn't have any space there at this time. I think that when he has more time apart from the mentally exhausting life he was living with his wife, he will show that he can function in the assisted living. The next problem which is a huge factor is that they can't get his diabetes under control, even with 24/7 nursing care and due to that, he does need to be under pretty strict supervision. He blood sugar drops to very very dangerous levels and he is in risk of going into a coma, in fact has almost done so several times in the last couple of years. So, for now, he is where he needs to be, my job and that of my 2 sisters is to make it as comfortable there as possible since his wife and kids just seem to want him put away and out of their lives. It is a long, sad story, but that is where it is at today. Right now he has 2 desires, he wants his computer back, like me, he likes to spend time on the computer looking things up, writing to people and doing email. And he wants a cell phone so that he can call long distance, since all 3 of us sisters is long distance. His wife does not want him to have either, she tries to keep him from having contact with us, so, this weekend, my other 2 sisters are going to see him and will check out the situation and then we will provide him with what he can have and wants whether she likes it or not. This is the same wife remember that didn't even let us know he was in the hospital for 4 days, then withheld the code number we needed to get through to him for another 2 days. She is trying to convince us at this time that he has to "earn" the right to have a computer
Ok, off my soapbox!
Today is run by the tax office to pick up our taxes and get them in the mail before midnight, get a mani/pedi and go out to dinner with a girlfriend.
Have a great day my dear friends!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, since I so shamelessly told you all it was my birthday . Wow, you get so brave when you get older, but that's a good thing, life it about happiness and enjoyment, along with many other important things
My setpoint for so many months seemed to be 210 and I would get below it once in awhile but it usually went back to 210. Now, I keep seeing 208.8 and today, 208.6. That isn't much but the fact that I am seeing it often tells me that maybe I am finally working below that 210. And, I have to be careful and not think too much about it, if I start trying to work it on down, all I think about is food and I upset the apple cart.
Had a nice birthday, worked around the house, a little in the office and a little rearranging things in my bathroom, then DH took me out for dinner at a new place, or new to me, which was so good, but even though we split the entree, we both came home over full and felt the food was so rich, we just don't eat rich food like that these days and we both eat pretty light. But, it was a nice treat and nice atmosphere.
DB got moved earlier this week to a care center in Omaha, Susie, it is called Parson's House, it is way out west on Maple, you may have heard of it. He seemed to think it was ok when I talked to him after the move. Finally got through to his case worker and she said the final testing showed him as bi-polar and demetia. So, he is in the memory unit there but I also talked to his Dr. and he said mentally, he probably could have gone into the assisted living area, they just didn't have any space there at this time. I think that when he has more time apart from the mentally exhausting life he was living with his wife, he will show that he can function in the assisted living. The next problem which is a huge factor is that they can't get his diabetes under control, even with 24/7 nursing care and due to that, he does need to be under pretty strict supervision. He blood sugar drops to very very dangerous levels and he is in risk of going into a coma, in fact has almost done so several times in the last couple of years. So, for now, he is where he needs to be, my job and that of my 2 sisters is to make it as comfortable there as possible since his wife and kids just seem to want him put away and out of their lives. It is a long, sad story, but that is where it is at today. Right now he has 2 desires, he wants his computer back, like me, he likes to spend time on the computer looking things up, writing to people and doing email. And he wants a cell phone so that he can call long distance, since all 3 of us sisters is long distance. His wife does not want him to have either, she tries to keep him from having contact with us, so, this weekend, my other 2 sisters are going to see him and will check out the situation and then we will provide him with what he can have and wants whether she likes it or not. This is the same wife remember that didn't even let us know he was in the hospital for 4 days, then withheld the code number we needed to get through to him for another 2 days. She is trying to convince us at this time that he has to "earn" the right to have a computer
Ok, off my soapbox!
Today is run by the tax office to pick up our taxes and get them in the mail before midnight, get a mani/pedi and go out to dinner with a girlfriend.
Have a great day my dear friends!
Buffy, your brother has rights and there is NO reason he should not have a computer or a phone! Your SIL cannot restrict him from contacting people! I have a 29 yr old adopted son from Nicaragua who is totally dependent on me. He has Cerebral Palsy and mental retardation and I have learned that his rights are the same as any able bodied person and it is against the law to restrict his rights (within reason). Of course I have to keep him safe so he cant be left alone nor can he leave the house alone. But he uses a computer and he can use the phone as he wishes. I figure if he is bugging who ever he calls, they can either not answer or inform him to not call so often!

I wonder if you should contact the Elder abuse hotline (adult protective services) for advice, if you think your SIL is severely restricting who sees your brother and stopping him from using forms of communication?

223#s

Last edited by susique333; 10-15-2010 at 07:20 AM..
Old 10-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #158
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Buffy: Yeah for your new set point. Your db is lucky to have loving sisters like you..
I'm sure they have Wii-Fi at his residential facility..And, you know..he is having all that monitoring, I'm sure he will be better shortly. Or, the facility will see that he gets
good medical care for him.

Still at 149, but hopefully, I can get back down to 147.

Boy, those Wildcats played a mean game last night..Poor KU..and they have a really tough row to hoe in the next few weeks..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #159

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Yes, Buffy, thank goodness your DB has you girls to look out for him. I hope things look up soon for him. Congrats on the new numbers.

Carolyn, I'm excited for basketball!! That's all I'm sayin', lol.

My DH has to go have the big talk with his parents tomorrow. Things have starting tumbling downhill and about out of control so it's now time to make a change. He's very afraid this won't be accepted very well so any and all prayers for this situation are welcomed with great appreciation.

I don't even want to talk about my weight. I'm up about 8-9 pounds since this same time last year. I'm getting scared now so maybe that'll be the jump start I need.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #160

Oh..Sandy, that is a "tough" talk, but it is unsafe for them to be alone..Is he thinking "Assisted Living?" Will definitely pray for open hearts for them.

Hey..basketball starts at 12 a.m. tonight..They are calling it Midnight Madness and this is the first time the teams get to practice with their coaches. It's going to be televised if anyone can stay up that late..
Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #161
Princess Proofreader

I'm feeling better - the Aleve is helping.

Part of me wants to go out tonight - dinner and a movie with GFs - the other part wants to stay at home!

Buffy - that's horrible! I hope everything gets taken care of so he can have some form of communication again!!!

Carolyn - nope I can't stay up that late!

Sandy - I hope everything works out!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #162
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Cindy - see above!!

Ooopppsy!!:blush: So sorry , Buff!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #163

How about the movie Red? You guys go all the time..I think it looks kinda cute.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Good night all.
Sandy, wishing your DH good luck with the talk, that is so hard.
Thanks for all the well wishes for my DB, I just want him to be happy and to finally have some peace and quiet after putting up with her all these years. Of course, he chose to stay, so what can you say.

I have been sooo tired lately, not sure if it is the stress of all this or allergies or what, but I am tired!!! Going to bed early again.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 AM   #165

Hi gals..

Stuck at 149...I think each year gets harder to keep weight off..because muscle leaves even if we exercise like crazy..No wonder Senior Citizen meals are tiny...LOL.

Your db was a saint to stay with his wife..He is a good guy that deserved better..

Dh is heading to New England this next week..It should be beautiful there..He is going with another guy so they can enjoy the foliage together while dodging tour buses..
Old 10-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Morning gals! I decided to only weigh once a week. Some of those hhcg glas like to weigh daily and it makes me nutty. Down another # which is 4 pounds in a week!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #167
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Susie - Wow - 4 pounds in a week is amazing!!

Carolyn - NE will be so pretty. DH should have a great time!

Great Girl's Night Out last night.

Today is a soccer game, church, and Couples Night Out!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #168

#4 is fabulous...I have been forgetting to take mine.. Once a week is a good thing if you are being good.

MK: Have fun at the CNO.. GNO can be a bit more fun sometimes..

Exercised..Think I'll make some coconut flour blueberry muffins this morning for the week.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Slept until 10, but feel much better.
Company coming tomorrow evening, 2 cousins and a friend of one cousin. they will spend the night and Mon. we are to leave to drive south to Corpus christi, TX and will be back Thurs. night. Need to get what has to be done before I leave again, done today and tomorrow pack and get ready for them and that little trip.
Did you go to a movie last night MK?
Susie, 4 lbs, awesome! Keep us updated, we may all need those little drops.
Oh wow Carolyn, NE this time of year will be so beautiful.
Hi Sandy and Getting thinner.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #170

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I heard from DH. The talk actually went well so I guess we'll see how things proceed. Thanks for all your support and prayers.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I heard from DH. The talk actually went well so I guess we'll see how things proceed. Thanks for all your support and prayers.
I think that is the hardest thing to do, telling your parents that theyre needing assistance. My dad spent 4 months at home with visiting hospice nurses after his bone and lung cancer diagnosis. He was initially upset when we set up hospice, but he came to love those gals and openely told them so. I pray things go well for your inlaws. Getting older now-a-days and using assisted living is a far cry away from the nursing homes of the 60's, 70's.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
That is great..Sometimes parents need a "suggestion" that it is okay from their kids to move..
Old 10-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #173
Princess Proofreader

I'm glad everyone has had a good day!!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #174

Went out to dinner..It was okay...but I had no dishes.

Some upsets in football..Nebraska lost..oh well..
Old 10-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Sandy, glad the talk went well.
Sorry about any football games that went the wrong way , I don't follow it as you can tell.
Getting ready for my next batch of company arriving tonight. 2 cousins and a friend of one of them. They will be here overnight, then we all take off in the morning to go to Corpus Christi, TX and I think we are going to hit an outlet center along the way. So, need to get their beds ready today and pack my things for the roadtrip.
And, work in my office, I have been behind lately. Keeping bills paid but letting the other stuff just pile up, not good.
Allergies driving my eyes nuts, not too many other symptoms except being unusually tired, but my eyes itch soooooo bad. The one eyedrop that really works is a steroid one that the Dr. doesn't want me to use unless absolutely necessary. Hopefully, this will pass soon.
Probably won't be on much the rest of the week, so be good girls all of you
Old 10-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #176

Buffy: Oh..a roadtrip..have lots of fun and good luck with your allergies..They are bad around here, too..I hope we can be good..but you never know.

Dh headed for KC then off to New England for a week..I hope he gets to see some foliage. They will be driving around alot, so there should be a tree or two left with leaves on.

Hope everyone is doing okay..I need to start to "shrink" before the end of the month..
Old 10-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

My daughter Misty and hubby came to town to our house, for a quick trip and she made a Haunted Gingerbread House with my grandaughter Savannah. We're getting ready to go to my daughter in laws baby shower this evening. Only 2 months to go!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #178
Always on, slightly off

Susan, that pic is so cute!! Don't you love Halloween......well, not if your LC......but any other time!! Hows the HCG going? Your losses are great! I just looked at HCG from Netrition. Wonder how much thyroid it contains??
Old 10-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #179
Princess Proofreader

Susie - great pic!!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #180

Cute picture... Haunted gingerbread houses are so much fun..